[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, at least it's better than X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: FF13.jpg (45 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
FF13.jpg
45 KB, 400x276
Well, at least it's better than X
>>
what does x equal?
>>
>>316834432
Shit?
>>
File: FF13.png (85 KB, 659x323) Image search: [Google]
FF13.png
85 KB, 659x323
FF13 was amazing. Fucking love this game.
>>
>>316834432
>>
>>316834185
I liked XIII quite a bit, but no. It WAS better than 1-3 and 5 though. Maybe 12 as well.
>>
No, not at all.
>>
>>316834857
>13
>better than 5
I think that's honestly the absolute worst opinion I've ever heard on this shit board.
>>
>>316835130
5 is mediocre. Easily the worst of the SNES games.
>>
>>316835307
Yeah well 13's storyline is cringey as fuck. On top of that it plays itself for you and 5 has an awesome job system so you can go fuck yourself.
>>
File: calling.jpg (7 KB, 262x303) Image search: [Google]
calling.jpg
7 KB, 262x303
>>316835307
>>
>>316835527
I won't argue XIII has a shit story. So does V though so probably not the best counter-argument. XIII plays itself for the first few hours, true, but it gets more involved later on while V is mindlessly easy for its entirety. Also the job system is extremely overrated and pales in comparison to what is offered in the Tactics games.
>>
>>316835527
>Plays itself
You literally lose 33% of your turns if you don't shift every 2nd turn. That's a massive loss of turns on any fight that last any real amount of time. At the bare minimum the boss fights in FF13 are more involved then in 5 and far more active.
>>
>>316834185
I think each games is great on its own merit. X was probably the game with the most memorable cast and the best introduction into the series. 13 was certainly the most philosophical of the game.
>>
>>316835527
>plays itself

You're thinking of 12 friend.
>>
Figures /v/ would like 13, no wonder i come here to laugh
>>
>>316835867
>V
>easy

That's what you get for playing the GBA version, anon. Or just looking up on gamefaqs the specific way to break the game like a pleb.
>>
>>316836180
/v/ hates 13 doesn't mean that people on here can like it still. I just think its retarded that people say the game plays itself when it requires you to time a shift every couple of seconds of battle to optimize your damage output.
>>
FFXIII had a great soundtrack.

in fact the whole trilogy had fantastic music.
>>
>>316836359
I never owned a GBA. I played V on an emulator with a fan translation. And even without a guide it was easy as fuck.
>>
>>316836359
V is pretty fucking easy even if you use funky job combinations (which is the best thing about the game). You don't need to do blatantly game breaking stuff to get through the game pretty comfortably. The job system is still fantastic and V is probably my favorite FF, but let's not pretend it's particularly challenging.
>>
I decide to go back and get all the trophies for this game, but when I started it up I has no idea how to optimize equipment anymore.
>>
File: 1443928501438.png (220 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
1443928501438.png
220 KB, 600x595
>X

Okay game, shit sequel.

>XIII

Shit game, okay sequel(s).

XIII is better because, even though Lulu was hotter than anyone in XIII, at least nobody in the latter group ended up pregnant with Wakka's kind and I'm still laughing at that.
>>
>>316836990
>get all the trophies
Have fun trying to grind for Treasure Hunter.
>>
>>316836990
Don't upgrade equipment til you beat the final boss as you need to 5 star all the boss fights up to that point and its a massive waste of time to go back and fight those fights again afterwards. The 5 star requirement is based on your stats in battle so the only items you want are ones that grant boosts things that aren't stats like auto haste or auto shell since they don't reduce the amount of time you get to 5 star.

Honestly I didn't upgrade most people for literally entire chapters sometimes because the stat increases weren't worth the time loss. Get major abilities is the main focus pretty much. Once you get to post game you can do whatever from there as every fight that matters can be 5 starred with maxed stats easily.

Also, if you are playing on pc just cheat in the items for the ultimate weapons because its not worth the time waste. If you really wanna farm the turtles for a little while proving you can do it and then give it to yourself.
>>
>>316837089
Fuck you. Wakka was great. Vid related

http://youtu.be/DqS_QPl9Xeo
>>
>>316837627
Should be easy enough, even with maxed equips.
>>
>>316837764
It is easy the only difficulty comes ffrom the long grinds involved in post game. Also the egg makes the time limits super easy except on the few bosses that are strong enough to warrant not wasting a slot.
>>
>>316837627
Yeah I'm in the post game with everyone's default jobs maxed. On PS3 and Only have Fang's ultimate strength weapon as well.

>>316837394
The grind is real, I hope will have everything by the time I finish all the missions
>>
>>316838656
If everyone is maxed, it should only take you about 2-3 minutes to kill a turtle. Shouldn't be that long.
>>
>10: Can go back and revisit old areas at the end of the game via airship.
>13: Old areas completely inaccessible aside from Pulse and Eden.

Fucking bullshit. Why create an amusement park and a frozen crystal lake if i'm only going to see them once?
>>
So I always hear a lot of bad things about XIII, mostly related to not having much of an open world and such.

But what about the story? If you're someone who mostly enjoys RPGs for the story and the characters, will you like it or no?
>>
>>316839426
Some of the chapters were really scenic. That whole Sunleth Waterscape, and the song was nice too.

http://youtu.be/kXl4pwzwSa8
>>
>>316834185
I can agree with that.
>>
>>316839426
It's not just that, though. There's nothing to FFXIII besides the straight hallways. There are no towns, interactive segments that aren't about combat, or anything like that. It's literally just hallways and cutscenes that bring you to them.

FFX shook things up constantly.
>>
>>316841573
I kinda like how there were no town parts on cocoon since they were fugitives the whole time
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.