[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is Fallout 4 a step forward or backwards from Skyrim?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim.jpg
454 KB, 1920x1200
So is Fallout 4 a step forward or backwards from Skyrim?
>>
>>316829925
I'd say a step forward. They have guns now, after all.
>>
Backwards

>worse dialogue options
>disappointing upgrades for 4 years
>everything in general was a let down

The artsyle is OK, but if they remade everything in a new engine, it could be GOTY.
>>
assuming you mean base-game then fallout 4 is unquestionably better

I only put 20 hrs into skyrim as opposed to other beth games where I average 70
>>
>>316829925
backwards
at least Skyrim was a RPG
>>
>>316829925
Forward.

Skyrim was extremely limited. Every location looked the same. The largest "City" had 5 huts in. Lack of freedom in RPG mechanics.

Fallout 4 is miles ahead.
>>
>>316830112
>worse dialogue options

Not really.

For most of the quest lines in Skyrim, you had one single option to pick.
>>
>>316830270

>video game
>RPG

Medium kek.
>>
Forward. It needs to get back to at least Oblivion standard though.
>>
>>316830270
>morrowind comes out
>"it isn't an RPG! Daggerfall was."
>Oblivion comes out
>"it isn't an RPG! Morrowind was."
>Fallout 3 comes out
>"it isn't an RPG! Oblivion was"
>Skyrim comes out
>"It isn't an RPG! Fallout was"
>Fallout 4 comes out
>"It isn't an RPG! Skyrim was"

Its like clockwords.
>>
Fallout 4's dialouge system visually is way worse, but it actually has options that change the path of a quest, unlike Skyrim. Honestly I cant remember if Skyrim had any meaningful quests that could go multiple ways.
>>
>>316830627
Its like they are becoming less like an rpg every game
>>
>>316830318
Do i need to mention the dialogue in oblivion?
>>
>>316830713
Skyrim had a few, but people forget your dialogue was even more limited than Fallout.

You didn't actually have a branching dialogue tree. You had characters that would simply hand the quest to you, and then if you wanted, you could ask about a couple background facts. You almost never actually responded to something they directly asked.
>>
>>316829925
Its identical, literally skyrim with guns.
>>
Feels better to me. Areas at least, generally feel way less rehashed than skyrim's even though they use the same assets.
>>
File: 1433738379653.gif (1 MB, 400x256) Image search: [Google]
1433738379653.gif
1 MB, 400x256
>>316829925
One step forward, two steps back.
>>
>>316830869

Does anyone need to mention the quests in Skyrim?
>>
>>316831884
so it's good then?
>>
>>316829925
backwards

negatives:

>level caps
>shit dialogue
>randomly generated loot
>can no longer kill shop keepers and steal the shit they were selling
>can no longer kill civilians and steal the shit they were wearing and holding
>invincible main quest characters

positive:

>normal gun mechanics

with each bethesda game it becomes more and more evident that the dynamicness is being flushed down the toilet a little more every bethesda season that passes
>>
>>316829925
In terms of gameplay, replayability, and mechanical depth? Forward.

In terms of feeling like choices matter, character roleplaying, etc? Much more reduced. Every bit of dialogue you run into, even being a snide bitch you know most of it is underlying with goodness and some progression even restricts you unless you decide to be nice.
>>
File: skyrim cities.jpg (712 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
skyrim cities.jpg
712 KB, 1680x1050
>>316829925
miles a head of skyrim desu senpai. Fallout improves a lot from skyrim, plus it's not riddled with thousands of fundamentally retarded design choices in skyrim like pic related
>>
>>316829925
Its in the same spot personally
Its kinda like a reskinned version of skyrim with updated graphics, guns, and a few other things.
So pretty much a very well made mod or just skyman dlc
>>
>>316835286
>>level caps

are you fucking retarded? the level cap has been removed.

>>randomly generated loot

not always

>>invincible main quest characters

its always been that way, fucking moron.
>>
>>316836237
>level caps have been removed

and replaced with a new worse type of level balancing that makes so you character can on level a certain skill proportionately with base level so every one who plays this ends up being a jack of all trades

>not always

everytime that it matters

>its always been that way

spot the redditor who played his first bethesda game in 2011
>>
>>316829925
one step forward, two steps backward
>>
How the fuck do you save Kent

Holy shit
>>
>>316838919
I just gave up. My tactic was to take a Jet, rush in, VATS the boss guy (forgot his name) and then clean up. But the others always shoot him at some point.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.