[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you queers are paying $60 for a game without a campaign?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 26
File: battlefront_01_0.jpg (84 KB, 840x473) Image search: [Google]
battlefront_01_0.jpg
84 KB, 840x473
How many of you queers are paying $60 for a game without a campaign?
>>
I am

Stay mad
>>
>>316827697

Of all the shitty things ea is doing to the videogame

Muliplayer only isn't really something to be complaining about

I'd rather games focus on one or the other than waste dev time shoehorning in a campaign or a muliplayer
>>
>>316827697

played the demo and was not impressed

i could already tell the huge lack of content from the beta, i tried telling my friends but they literally would NOT listen and thought it looked cool and tried assuring me that "it will have more content when its released" i doubt it

my main argument is the lack of content, plain and simple anybody who played the beta could see that

on top of that, i hear they already have 50 dollar DLC just to add a few maps?

yeah nah, fuck this game and fuck EA for destroying a once great franchise once again.
>>
File: 1437421463798.jpg (31 KB, 468x423) Image search: [Google]
1437421463798.jpg
31 KB, 468x423
>mfw I got TF2 for probably only like $3 back when I got it in the orange box
>mfw I spent much more time on that than I would ever spend on battlefuck
>>
>Caring about campaigns in Multiplayer shooters
I didn't even touch the campaigns in BF3 nor BF4 and I have hundreds of hours in those games
>>
>>316827697
I paid 50
>>
wait I just realized

this thing is on origin only, right?
>>
>>316828547
What about it?
>>
Nobody will pay $40 for a game with no campaign, who in their right mind would pay $60? Idiots?

It's Titanfall all over again.
>>
>>316828756
well then I won't play it
>>
>>316828840
Because the campaign in Battlefront 1 and 2 were great right?
>>
>>316828976
It was better than no campaign.
>>
File: NERVOUS INDIAN MAN.jpg (106 KB, 477x358) Image search: [Google]
NERVOUS INDIAN MAN.jpg
106 KB, 477x358
i paid 70
>>
>>316827697
i know battlefront 1 & 2 were fun, but why in the fuck would anyone want to support ea?

This board literally talked shit about EA for YEARS, but my god they're coming out with a new Starwars game. Fucking hypocrites man.
>>
>>316827697
The same dumb normalshits that think Fallout 4 is the best game ever and pretend to become NEETs and shut-ins because of it. Most of /v/
>>
i refuse to support this practice
>>
I was holding out, but the Star Wars fanboy in me caved so I'm buying it.
>>
So excited for this. Only like 9 hours away :D
>>
>>316827697
Literally just Battlefield: Star Wars Edition with minor gameplay tweaks.
>>
File: lhNw1KP.jpg (601 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lhNw1KP.jpg
601 KB, 1920x1080
>>316827697
I bought it for PS4. Pre-loaded.

Passing the time by watching Demolition Man.
>>
Basically as a star wars fan it's either play this or play nothing. If I do end up getting it I won't buy any dlc or that season pass bullshit.
>>
>>316831371
Should I watch demolition man?
>>
>>316831279
It's more similar to Battlefront than Battlefield
Which is why it is shit
>>
>>316828976
No they weren't amazing but they were there. Cutting the campaign and singleplayer from the game may have been justified if they compensated by adding more to the multiplayer. So far they have only removed large parts of what we had in the old games.

Paying more for less, welcome to 2015.
>>
File: simonsaysdie.jpg (29 KB, 956x421) Image search: [Google]
simonsaysdie.jpg
29 KB, 956x421
>>316831490
Only if you let it into your heart.
>>
>>316831647
It's not more similar to Battlefront when the game is running on Frostbite.
>>
So does this game has some kind of offline mode like the previous battlefront game?
>>
>>316831934
Like the engine matters, is all Unreal engine games exactly the same as well?
The gameplay of Battlefront is nowhere similar to Battlefield.
If it was then it would have actually be good
>>
File: 22013639102_3c691f05e3_o.jpg (3 MB, 5800x1648) Image search: [Google]
22013639102_3c691f05e3_o.jpg
3 MB, 5800x1648
>>316827697
Why do people want a singleplayer campaign by DICE again?
Did you forget Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4?
Atrocious filler nobody likes and that you only play to get the multiplayer unlockables and then pray to god you forget because of how fucking shit and a waste of time it was?

Why do you want the devs to waste time making a shitty singleplayer campaign where you'll clock over 99% of your time into the multiplayer. Serious question here.

There's a ton of shit to complain about in the game, me I don't like how skill less the game is, how there's only 11 weapons and how they handed the vehicles and hero pickups, and the entire card thing, and the UI, and the balance from what I saw in the beta.
But the singleplayer shit? Fuck that, and fuck you.
>>
Do you think battlefront will flop?

Do you think they will create a sequel true to the originals with the content everyone has been screaming for?
>>
>>316831279
Have you played Battlefield in your life, or are you just shitposting? It plays nothing like Battlefield. Hell if it played like Battlefield 4 I'd buy in a heartbeat, but that turd plays like an even more consolized and simplified Battlefront.

>>316832247
Yes. There's some singleplayer/cooperative missions, survival (horde mode) and I think some other shit they said they'd add.
>>
>>316833007
Hard to say.

EA is expecting it to sell 10 million, I kinda doubt that. But I do expect it to sell a lot due to Star Wars hype.

But at the same time, EA hasn't said anything about "x numbers has pre-ordered the game" type of bragging and the game is launching within the next days.

So I doubt it'll have those 10 million
>>
>>316832926
Because singleplayer is fun? and we've seen nothing so far that complements the lack of a singleplayer campaign.

It's barebones. DICE wouldn't make an exceptional singleplayer campaign of course, but it would be something different which could allow gameplay elements not found in multiplayer for balance reasons.

Also the previous games had singleplayer. So the moment they slapped Battlefront on the title is the moment they made themselves accountable to everyone who played the previous games and expected something new and better. Not new and less content for more money.
>>
>>316833473
>and we've seen nothing so far that complements the lack of a singleplayer campaign.
Except we have, it's called the singleplayer/cooperative survival mode and missions.

Do you even know about the game you shitpost about anymore?
It even was in the fucking beta.
>>
>>316827697
I'm paying $120 for a game without a campaign :^)
>>
>>316833641
Yes and I played said survival mode mission and it was a fucking joke. It doesn't complement proper singleplayer at all.

Did you play the previous games? Probably not.
>>
>>316827945
There was a lack of content because it was a BETA. They're not going to give you every gun and every map.
>>
File: 1397029745282.png (83 KB, 295x298) Image search: [Google]
1397029745282.png
83 KB, 295x298
Battlefront veteran here. Not bothered. Going to enjoy playing this game.

Save your kek bucks for narrative driven games, mad nerd
>>
>campaign
It's called story mode you call of duty niggers
>>
>the shills show up
>>
>>316827697

>reminder that all the cuc ks laughing at you because you paid for this probably spent more money on Undershit and all the meme games like le spooky doll 1 2 3 and 4
>>
>>316834001
kek

subtle ironic shitposting
>>
im getting it for free at vectorlan in april so hopefully it doesnt blow dick
>>
>>316827697

it really bothers me how everything in this game looks wet
>>
>>316833798
Which ones? I have played Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront 2.

Of thse, only SWBF had a singleplayer campaing/and focus mode, mainly because they were CONSOLE TITLES AND CONSOLES DIDN'T HAVE ONLINE FROM THE START AT THE TIME.

Battlefield incorporated campaigns to compete with CoD, and did so starting in Bad Company 1, a console exclusive, then did it again in BC2 and then in BF3 and BF4.
All of those were a fucking travesty, a waste of time both for the players and the developers, and ADDED LITERALLY NOTHING GOOD TO THE GAME.

Furthermore, they were fucking tash, far from "fun" or "good. And once you played them once, you played them more than enough.

The only difference is in Battlefront, where the singleplayer mode was a strong contender because it was meant for consoles who couldn't have access to online like PCs at the time did. So they created Galactic Conquest and Instant Action for consoles to simulate the online servers on a local mode.

Nowadays there is literally no reason to have that, it's a waste of time for the devs that could be focusing on making more content for the game (which they also seemed to not do anyway).

The only reason why you'd want to play the singleplayer vs bots shit is if you're too fucking dogshit to play against actual players, or you're a kid.
I expect you to be the first, seeing as you really love playing against literally braindead bots that stand still while you shoot at them and their AI gets turned off at a certain distance.

Again, fuck you and fuck your singleplayer. It tainted the Battlefield franchise and marked the beggining of the downfall of the series with the ever prevalent consoliazation.

Yes, I'm mad.
>>
I actually just "pre-ordered" it
I hope that makes you all wet you fucking fag
>>
>>316834381
So you're mad that people want singleplayer in a game that lacks content anyways, despite having no singleplayer to take away from development.

Also your whole git gud argument about bots is fucking stupid. Then again I shouldn't expect much from someone who clearly has autism and can't avoid trying to use his opinions as base for factual statements.
>>
>>316834381
Who gives a shit about Battlefield? This thread is about Battlefront.
>>
The lack of single player is disappointing, but considering that your still going to get countless hours out of this game and more in this game than others that have campaign, and multiplayer, make it easy to constitute buying this game.
>>
>>316834381
never seen so much hyperbole and unironical mad in a single post, bravo
>>
>>316834981
I hope you are a a shill. Nobody can be this stupid.
>>
>>316834981
>but considering that your still going to get countless hours out of this game and more in this game than others that have campaign, and multiplayer, make it easy to constitute buying this game.

Based on what? there's overwhelming feedback to suggest that there isn't enough content to keep the game alive for long. Hence the Titanfall memes.

TF2 offers more longevity than Battlefront and its a free game.
>>
>>316827697
>Still has a few singleplayer & coop missions
>These include unique maps unlike BF2 singleplayer mode that had the same maps as MP

EA Battlefront: 1
BF2: 0
>>
>>316827697
>Dice always tried to make campaigns in their games
>Hurrr retards, why are you wasting resources on SP???
>This one time they don't do campaign
>Hurrr no singleplayer no buy!!!

"Gamers" are the worst kind of retards
>>
>>316835370
sage, hide, etc.
>>
>>316835370
>unique maps that take 10mins tops each to finish
Wow its fucking nothing.
>>
man, Star Wars has churned out more shitty games than any other franchise, which is is sad because the potential for great games is there
>>
>>316835558
Still better and less lazy than throwing MP maps with bots and calling it a "campaign".
>>
>>316827697
For their first attempt at a Battlefront game, it's goo enough.
Can't wait to see more games with this fidelity following the release of The Force Awakens.
>>
>>316835553
>comparing a modern/WW2 shooter setting with star wars

Star wars offers a lot more to make a compelling singleplayer and story than generic military setting 101.
>>
File: 1425047543985.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1425047543985.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>>316834936
So you're mad that people like a game that you don't like? Some people just like repetitive casual shooters (How many of us have put nearly a decade into TF2?)

I bought this game as a multiplayer shooter and I will enjoy it as such, then I'll put Witcher 3 on when I want a heavy single player story.

Not to mention this game looks fucking nuts in 4K
>>
Who would buy a new game in 2015, period?
>>
>>316827697
LOL not me.

I payed $45
>>
>>316835831
Not mad at all, you're the one that's been crying this whole time about people wanting singleplayer.

Not everyone has rock bottom standards and settle for a polished turd.
>>
i pre ordered
>>
>>316834936
Yes. I'm mad that people ask for the cancer that keeps destroying the Battlefield franchise.
DICE is behind both games, and the design philosophies are very closely related.
The last three games there's been massive backlash for the campaings, and rightly so, they sucked ass.
Now that DICE won't do them, people still bitch. But they bitch because they want something that is objectively shit, and that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

Tell me, why do you want to play a singleplayer story that takes two hours to finish, and is actually just the conquest maps but they give it a story twist. Just as bad as galactic conquest, why the fuck do you want to play that shit in singleplayer when you could have actual players behind it?
Red Orchestra 2 did it right. Battlefront could have done it right.

Singleplayer serves no purpose, has no place and is a complete waste of time.

Basically, stop enjoying shit and asking for more.

>>316834975
And these posts are about battlefront, but you'd have to be a moron of colossal magnitude to lack the understanding of why Battlefield and Battlefront are related so closely.
Then again, I'm on /v/, where being a retard and being proud about it is the norm. So what did I expect.
>>
>>316827697
I paid for the Ultimate Edition :)
>>
>>316836048
That wasn't even me you fucktard. I don't even plan on buying the game.
And it's ironic that you bring up standards, when you say you enjoy the singleplayer trite that was in Battlefront.

It's almost poetic.
>>
You guys realize that the campaign in the first two was just a battle playlist, right?

I'm excited for it, I freakin loved the originals.
>>
>>316836173
THIS IS BATTLEFRONT NOT BATTLEFIELD YOU FUCKING RETARD WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND
>>
>>316836315
Do you have some kind of mental deficiency?
>>
>All this shilling
>>
>>316836173

People are crying out for at least a single player experience because DICE has only managed to include a half-assed multiplayer experience with 4 maps.
>>
>>316836409
Not as bad as yours. Nobody gives a shit about Battlefield or what DICE did to Battlefield except you. At least in this thread.
>>
>>316827697
Single player games are for faggots. I won't be buying this though since it's shit and at least half the base maps are tiny team deathmatch style maps.
>>
File: retard.png (1012 KB, 1353x820) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
1012 KB, 1353x820
>>316836476
Another one that can't read.
There is a singleplayer mode, two actually. One that is a survival mode and the other that are individual unique missions.
>>
>>316836678

Yeah that you would play for 1hr tops and never touch again. There merely is not enough content in the game. The only mode that is worth playing is the walker attack mode.
>>
>>316836543
Again, if you fail to see the connection between the changes to Battlefield and Battlefront, you're just a moron.

>>316836310
Shh, don't trigger the morons that played Battlefront on their PS2s with friends and it was so awesome dude.
>>
>>316836173
>literally against more content in video games
Get cancer and die, faggot.
>>
>>316836867
>If you fail to see something from my point of view you are a moron.
>Oh no! Someone liked Battlefront, the series this whole fucking thread is about! Better start using memes.
>>
File: sp.png (3 MB, 1348x1740) Image search: [Google]
sp.png
3 MB, 1348x1740
>>316836814
>moving goalposts
You asked for singleplayer, there is singleplayer.

Again, why do you want the same conquest maps as the actual multiplayer but with braindead bots.
>>
>>316836908
People that like single player should go play something else. Nobody wants disgustingly bad single player gaymers joining multiplayer.
>>
>>316836908
DICE admitted that both for Battlefield 3 and 4, the singleplayer campaign was detrimental to the development of the rest of the game. They explicitly said that it meant allocating resources that could have otherwise been spent on the game, which could have meant the game wouldn't have been broken on release.

They said they wouldn't do a singleplayer campaign after the users complained over and over because of the travesty that the BF3 and BF4 singleplayer modes were.
Now, in their next title, they decide to follow their own advice and instead of making a shitty singleplayer campaign they focus on the multiplayer aspect, while adding these side missions and survival mode instead.

How is that bad in any way? Are you actually retarded?

>>316837128
Well, failure to understand what others are explaining clearly IS a telltale sign of a mental deficiency. But whatever dude.
>>
>>316837167

No a "single player experience" usually entails a multi-hour campaign. Not a tacked on filler mode.

You are the one actually moving the goal posts. I never advocated for single player. I just explained the reason why people want MORE CONTENT in the game.

See>>316836476
>People are crying out for at least a single player experience because DICE has only managed to include a half-assed multiplayer experience with 4 maps.
>>
>>316837284
>People who play single player are bad.
Usually it is the opposite. Retards like you who didn't play the other games and barely know how to play start directly with multiplayer.
>>
People asking for a singleplayer mode in games like these are like people asking for a multiplayer mode in Skyrim or Fallout 4. Utterly retarded and pointless. Just play something else instead.
>>
File: 1425054861414.jpg (125 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1425054861414.jpg
125 KB, 768x576
>>316836048
I'm not even that guy

>not everyone enjoys exactly what I enjoy
>wahhhhh

Keep crying babbie
>>
File: 1417373897_2029368193.jpg (28 KB, 600x251) Image search: [Google]
1417373897_2029368193.jpg
28 KB, 600x251
>>316837284
>muh hyperbole
I'd shit on you any day in multiplayer and I am a huge fan of SP as well. Get shrecked faglord.
>>
>>316837556
1v1 in any multiplayer game of your choice right now. I'll even stream it so other anons can watch.
>>
>>316827697
That's not Overwatch?
>>
>>316837447
>You disagree with me? You must be retarded.
Maybe you are the one who is wrong?
>>
>>316837548
>No a "single player experience" usually entails a multi-hour campaign. Not a tacked on filler mode.

According to who?

Again, there is a singleplayer mode, which includes missions. How is that not better than having the same maps as multiplayer but replacing players with braindead bots? What is the entire point?
>here let me add a 30 second voice recording of why we're fighting on this planet and then load the same map as the multiplayer conquest map
Epic singleplayer mode you got there.
>>
File: 1339048122111.jpg (63 KB, 586x587) Image search: [Google]
1339048122111.jpg
63 KB, 586x587
>>316837763

>still kicking the ball into the wrong goal posts.
>>
>>316837706
Because I am not.
Everything I have said is backed up with facts, and the opinions I posed are well founded after being a series veteran and avid player.

You can disgree with me that you like singleplayer, but it is an undeniable fact that it detracts from the multiplayer component, the main component of the game and selling point. Nobody buys these games for the singleplayer.
>>
>>316837915
Let's try again.

>No a "single player experience" usually entails a multi-hour campaign. Not a tacked on filler mode.
According to who?
>>
>>316837763
You know the maps had objectives in the singleplayer mode right? Things you couldn't see / do in the multiplayer version.

For someone who apparently played the games you seem to know very little of them.
>>
>>316838045

Experience - an event or occurrence which leaves an impression on someone.

You aren't going to get that through a 1hr tacked on mode.
>>
>>316827697
I'm not paying 60 dawrah I'm paying 80 wut now bish
>>
>>316837943
>verything I have said is backed up with facts
About battlefield. Nobody gives a shit.
>I posed are well founded after being a series veteran and avid player.
Are you one of those "oldfags" i hear about? :D
>but it is an undeniable fact that it detracts from the multiplayer component
>My opinion is an undeniable fact.
Holy fuck get out of /v/ for a second.
>>
>>316838046
The objectives were all either a rush kind of mode where instead of having the entire map open you had to capture the objective/destroy the objective. Or kill the big enemy.
For example, in the jungle planet I think it was called Felucia, you had to kill the big aliens, then defend and push against the robots by destroying their tanks.
In the Utapau map you had to first capture the objective, then push against the bots and destroy an objective by shooting at it. At the end you had to hold the area.
In Polis Massa you just pushed, captured, held until they gave you the order to adavance, rinse and repeat, map is over.

It was all garbage.

The only interesting map, was the one where you had to kill the jedis in the temple, but even that was actually in the multiplayer mode, so again not missing anything other than braindead bots to play against.
>>
>>316837943
>but it is an undeniable fact that it detracts from the multiplayer component
You have absolutely nothing to back this up with. Your opinion isn't a fact.

>Nobody buys these games for the singleplayer
This is like saying nobody bought Fallout 4 for the basebuilding (which people did by the way). The majority buys a game based on the full experience. That includes singleplayer whether you like it or not.
>>
>>316838226

Experience - an event or occurrence which leaves an impression on someone.

You aren't going to get that through a 1hr tacked on mode.

Says you.
I have gotten impressions from shorter games than that.
Touhou comes to mind. 1 minute hero comes to mind.
>>
>>316838542

I'm glad that you have the memory of a goldfish. May you enlighten us further
>>
I'm actually spending $70 on the deluxe edition. Since I'm not a nigger I can easily afford it.
>>
>>316838658
But length does not equal quality. For someone who seemingly likes it so much you can't even grasp the concept that length does not equal quality.

I guess that's why all good movies last 5 hours, and all bad movies last 55 minutes.
>>
>tfw no JK4
>>
i dont care what it costs. even if it cost 200 dollars for the game + a few maps, id still buy it because i love star wars. an oh yeah its basically an hours salary for me, so it literally is like pennies to me for many hours of enjoyment. stay mad poor 13 yr olds.
>>
preordered and preloaded ;)
>>
File: dubmugs.jpg (55 KB, 613x587) Image search: [Google]
dubmugs.jpg
55 KB, 613x587
>>316832926
Agreed.

If you want a singleplayer shooter go play Wolfenstein, Singularity, Dead Space, Half-Life, etc.

There are games that cater to sweeping FPS narratives and Battlefront just isn't the place for it. The continuity is all over the place for the sake of gameplay; it would be downright silly to try to write anything with all the anachronistic battles going on. (eg. Luke battling Vader on Hoth with a green lightsaber; Leia running around Endor in white while fighting the Emperor)
>>
>>316839113
>I'm going to buy this steaming pile of shit because I can afford it ;)
Sometimes I wonder if you autists know how retarded you sound.
>>
>>316839318
Yet it worked in the previous games, so I guess your whole point is moot.
>>
File: 1447661664664.jpg (56 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1447661664664.jpg
56 KB, 342x342
>>316827697
>How many of you queers are paying $60 for a game without a campaign?
Definitely not me. I only paid for the $120 edition.
>>
>>316839318

I hope you meant Dead Space Extraction. Shill harder, cunt.

>>316838697
>>316839113
>>316839249

I hope I've been trolled by you three.
>>
>>316839456
Single player was absolute shit in both the previous games.
>>
File: 1542125.jpg (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1542125.jpg
7 KB, 225x224
>>316839619
Your opinion still isn't a fact dumbass
>>
>>316839456
except the single player was trash and everyone just played multiplayer anyway, so your whole point is moot

next you'll tell me people play CoD for the story
>>
>horrible lack of weapon variety
>no classes
>random spawning
>no reloading or ammo management
>everything is a random pick up

no. its designed to not be fun on purpose. if you disagree then you dont even like video games
>>
>>316831279
you mean
>Battlefield: Star Wars Edition
but with core gameplay elements removed and replaced with nothing
>>
>>316827697
I'm not stupid, so I'm never buying it
>>
>>316839697
Again, that's someone different.
Seems you're in the minority after all.

Perhaps it's time for you to come to terms with your shit taste?
>>
what do you guys predict the score on metacritic will be? im going to say 76
>>
>>316829214
Blame Reddit for flooding here
>>
>>316839738
>>316840095
>people saying the singleplayer is lacking in literally every Battlefront thread, be it on 4chan, reddit or the official forums
>HURR DURR NOBODY WANTS IT YOU'RE THE MINORITY
Disregarding evidence to make your point valid only makes you look stupid anons. Not to mention trying this hard just to justify missing content also makes you look like nothing more than a pathethic shill.
>>
>>316839572
Not all of us live off the government my negro friend.
>>
>>316827697
>$60
>4 maps
They can't keep getting away with this
>>
File: 1446750264219.jpg (183 KB, 1260x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446750264219.jpg
183 KB, 1260x1024
I like dank memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EhVPWDIGk
>>
>>316840359
As long as the current millennial gamer is such a spineless piece of shit that they will thank them for every $20 3-map DLC, it's only going to get worse.
>>
>>316827697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv_qmVrRCnY&ab_channel=rechyyy

its tempting
>>
>>316840253
?
I've already said twice that the game sucks and I have no intention to buy it, from post #1 I said explicitly that of all the shit to whine about and that could be fixed or changed, singleplayer is the least important, concerning and likely to change, and you're a moron if you buy a game like this for the singleplayer.

So I'll say it again. You're a moron if you're looking for a singleplayer game when you buy a Battlefront game.
There, now fucking kill yourself and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>316828256
Then you are missing some weapons in your loadouts.
>>
Why does everyone who says "theres clearly not enough content to justify $60, I could tell that from the beta" always get at least 1 reply saying "well it was a fucking beta".

Like fuck, we know theres not enough content because in the beta it showed you how many different maps/modes there were, its abysmally small.

There are 16 maps, and 16 modes, that all take part on 4 planets, however this statement is misleading, in other online mp shooters each mode can be played on many different maps, that is not the case with battlefront, each mode is linked to a map, which happens to be on 1 of 4 planets.

There are 16maps/modes, there is no walker assault on Endor, or drop zone on Hoth.
>>
>>316842296
So there's literally one map per game mode?
Thank you, modern gaming.
>>
>>316842753
Its wrong to even think of them as maps, there are 16 modes played on 4 different planets.
>>
>>316839817
>no reloading or ammo management
Gun overheats though
>>
>>316839817
It was designed to be fun for casuals
>>
>>316833473
>but it would be something different which could allow gameplay elements not found in multiplayer for balance reasons

You clearly never played Battlefield 3 or 4s single player. They have LESS gameplay elements than the multiplayer, they're slow moving setpiece shooters with obnoxious characters and cutscenes. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about them at all.
>>
>>316843381
Why are you talking about battlefield in a battlefront thread?
>>
How the fuck is the embargo still up? What the fuck.
>>
>>316843631

Who do you think the dev team is?
>>
>>316832926
>Did you forget Battlefield: Bad Company
The fuck are you doing using Bad Company as an example of why single player campaigns shouldn't happen? And rather than an actual fleshed out single player mode, I think people just want galactic conquest mode back. You know, the thing that was a couch coop staple of this series before DICE ripped out half the features.
>>
>>316827697
The lack of a campaign isn't the problem. The fact they removed half the maps and will charge people $50 for them as dlc is the problem!
>>
>>316831736
Be well.
:^)
>>
>>316844091
You mean the placeholder game mode that was there for consoles because they didn't have online at the time as opposed to PCs where you could actually play like in Battlefield, in the server browser with the community and the rest of the players?

Yeah, damn I'll miss that. Not.
>>
File: 1420670965.jpg (49 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
1420670965.jpg
49 KB, 600x398
Got the Deluxe edition pre-ordered. Stay mad f.a.m.
>>
File: FingerBang.gif (207 KB, 750x410) Image search: [Google]
FingerBang.gif
207 KB, 750x410
>>316827697
I am. I mean I paid 60 for a 20 year old game with a shit story (Fallout 4).
>>
File: I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>Caring about a campaign in a multiplayer-based shooter
>From DICE

Campaign fags are the worst.
>>
File: promotion.jpg (17 KB, 320x375) Image search: [Google]
promotion.jpg
17 KB, 320x375
>>316827697
Not me, but I can't wait for it to sell like hotcakes.

Knowing this is essentially akin to L4D to L4D2.

Thanks for buying a rip-off game morons! Enjoy your buyer's remorse while I anticipate the inevitable sequel with loads of content and space battles.
>>
>>316845315
Story is great.
>>
File: Eyebrows3.gif (323 KB, 500x554) Image search: [Google]
Eyebrows3.gif
323 KB, 500x554
>>316845674
>Story is great.
for retards maybe
>>
File: 1438358321017.png (22 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1438358321017.png
22 KB, 645x773
>EA
might aswell kill yourself if you hate yourself that much that you treat yourself with EA games
>>
all these shills.
>>
>>316827697
>/v/ shits all over Fallout 4
>buys a multiplayer game which has 16 maps cut out of it
/v/ gets dumber and dumber every day.
>>
I'm on the fence whether to get the ultimate edition, or not get the game at all.
>>
File: STARWARS.jpg (233 KB, 2501x1984) Image search: [Google]
STARWARS.jpg
233 KB, 2501x1984
>>316827697
I'm getting my Vader PS4 tonight. Going to sell my white PS4 to a friend who doesn't have one yet. Honestly I'm more excited to try out Pod Racer Revenge and replay Bounty Hunter. I'm a huge fan of pod racing on the 64 so I have good expectations.
>>
>>316840981
its all lies anon

the entirely of gameplay experience is randomly spawning and watching lasers fly through the air. They somehow turned battlefield into an on rails experience. Its horrible
>>
>>316827697

>tfw going to work for two weeks and cant play til I come back

:^(
>>
My little brother is getting it on PS4, so I'm just gonna play co-op splitscreen with him I guess

I'll probably get it myself when it's on sale
>>
>>316827697
I paid £94.98 which is about $144 i think on the ultimate edition so get even more mad
>>
>>316849046
this
my friend who has a PS4 for some reason is getting it. I'll play splitscreen with him and then explain over time whats boring about it and hopefully convice him to give up on gaming forever
>>
>>316848652
Why bother with Ultimate? 2 Emotes for $10 mean that much to you?
>>
>>316850471
I'm a weak, weak goy.
I decided to buy the game, and a second after the download began I got the notification of your reply.
>>
give me your best username
>>
File: file.png (283 KB, 590x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
283 KB, 590x300
>>316827697
No, I'll spend $40 on one though.
>>
>>316850471
Ultimate has an extra emote that isn't in the delux called "shoot first"
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.