[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit this game is a buggy mess. To the point I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: fallout 4.jpg (8 KB, 190x234) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4.jpg
8 KB, 190x234
Holy shit this game is a buggy mess. To the point I can't even fucking play it anymore. I'm playing on ps4 ( I know, I should of got it for PC ), and holy shit there are so many bugs. Firstly, my character has no head for the start, so I can't play third person since it's glitched out to him having no head. Secondly, my character no longer does any type of voice dialogue, as in the game just now skips right past it, and it's just an awkward silence for a second. With my character no longer talking being the biggest bug, I can't also proceed any further on the main quest, or other quests cant be handed in. One being a quest for the brotherhood of steel, where I click on the dialogue option to finish the quest, and it just bugs out repeating the previous said thing. The worst one though is with Preston Garvey, where I can;t continue the main quest, and he just sends me off to complete settlements, which I did, leaving me with 4 quests saying "talk to Preston Garvery", and when I do talk to him now, he just repeats the conversation where he goes on about the minutemen and me being the general. I can't even fucking continue this game anymore physically, it's so frustrating, does anyone have any idea how to fix this at all? I'm going to return in my copy for another one tomorrow if anything, will that do anything to help my situation?
>>
>>316825623
no. return it and get it for the pc. otherwise delete the game data, reinstall, and make a new game
>>
>>316825714
Yeah returning it for the pc seems like the best option, I've already got about 50 hours into it though, and I've done so much outside the main quest I don't want to start a new game...
>>
Yeah the NPCs are definitely broken at some points. I've had to reload my saves multiple times.
It's a damn shame. If FO4 were actually polished and optimized it'd be a pretty great game. I mean I'm having a good time, it's just frustrating when the glitchy NPCs keep me from progressing for about 15 minutes and slow me down, cause even if the story is average at best it is pretty engaging.
>>
>>316825623
It sounds broken, not bugged. Restart the game, dipshit.
>>
>>316826041
What do you think I can do to fix my problem though? I can't revert back to an old save that would push me back hours. Wait for an update for the ps4?
>>
>>316826113
It all depends on what is worth more to you. A few hours lost or returning it for the PC and losing everything you've gained thus far.
>>
>>316826113
Idk when they will update it though, hopefully soon. I want to replay it with a different build when I am done with my current one and I'd rather not have these kind of issues when I'm replaying it.
>>
>>316825623
I haven't had any such bug issues other than the occasional sight of a car flying up and falling down.

Sometimes when I use VATS while in melee the character does not move next to the target and kills the target form afar.
>>
>should of
You "should of" been studying English. How many times are you going to fail that subject, anon?
>>
>>316826389
Wish I was so fortunate. My bugs are usually
>NPC just stops moving forward and I need them to open/unlock a door or something
Fuck deacon btw.
>>
>>316826580
It's my third language.

How long do you guys reckon until a update will be released?
>>
I can't even start the game because driver keeps crashing. Fuck PC gaming, I'm sick of this shit.
>>
>getting any Bethesda game on console

I originally bought Skyrim for PS3 and realized right there and then that those games werent made to run on consoles.
Theres just not enough ram power to deal with really long save files.
>>
File: 1424087707594.jpg (9 KB, 186x139) Image search: [Google]
1424087707594.jpg
9 KB, 186x139
>get a quest that some raiders have kidnapped some guy's friend and is holding her in a quarry
>clean the place out
>read some of the messages left by the pre-war mining staff
>see that the tunnel goes on so i decide to head that way before finishing the quest
>feral ghouls everywhere
>take them out with easy
>weird shit starts happening shortly after
>flashbacks from before the nukes fell
>more and more ghouls as i get further into the tunnel
>some legendaries here and there nothing too difficult
>reach the end of the tunnel
>flashback of the miners praying
>flashback ends
>tons of legendary feral ghouls swamp me
>pump some jet and mow them down with my combat shotgun
damn that was actually kinda fun, too scared to jumping down the big hole though
>>
I found like 4 pieces of X-01 armor in the Bobbie mission, anybody know where I can find the rest?
>>
>>316827525
>too scared to jumping down the big hole though

Do it.

It's a unique melee weapon, might be useless depending on your build.
>>
File: drain[1].png (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
drain[1].png
51 KB, 640x480
>>316827525
>too scared to jumping down the big hole though

what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>316827525
you missed out good weapon down there
>>316827656
if my experiences are the norm once you hit a certain level all power armor spawns with x-01 pieces so basically look for more armor at checkpoints and national guard buildings
>>
>>316827670
thanks, that blade looks edgy as fuck
>>
>>316827236
>ram power

Why do people feel the need to add "power" to everything?
>>
>>316828654
increases their posting power
>>
>>316827236
>realized right there and then that those games werent made to run on consoles.
Funny, because PC players say the exact same thing. I guess nothing that Bethesda makes is made to run on anything at all.
>>
Everyday all day
>>
>things that didnt happen: the thread
>>
TL:DR - I probably agree though, FO4 is a pretty shit game, its awful pacing and story telling threw me out of the game completely 4-5 hours into it.

Shit game is shit.
Such is the price of targeting normies for mass appeal, instead of targeting the original fans that made said company what it is.
>>
Girlfriend has played 40-something hours since its release, on PC. Asked her yesterday how many times it has crashed to desktop, none. She was surprised when she thought about it, as was I. The hours I've watched, only saw a few glitchy things. She hasn't mentioned much, nothing any worse than previous games.

Update your drivers
Use a half way decent build
If it doesn't work on PC, it's your fault.
>>
>>316831115
the game hasn't crashed on me either, and i haven't updated my drivers for at least 6 months now
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.