[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what Went WRONG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: lora craft.jpg (169 KB, 785x1000) Image search: [Google]
lora craft.jpg
169 KB, 785x1000
what Went WRONG?
>>
>>316816036
>This looks like it'll flop, The Asses Creed looks like a flop.

Are normies finally getting sick of the Movie adventure trend?
>>
>>316817443
>ass creed
>movie adventure

what?
>>
>>316817585
Similar idea, you have a franchise where the story takes the front stage over anything else. It's advertised like a movie in commercials and tries to look as 'Authentic' as possible.
>>
File: 1426129670609.jpg (29 KB, 270x430) Image search: [Google]
1426129670609.jpg
29 KB, 270x430
good game limited to shitty consoles
>>
crystal dynamics inevitably doing a cocksucking run next year, when they're going to re-release on all platforms at full retail price in the guise of a 'goty/ complete'-edition is what's wrong

xbone division ate shit and funded a project that the developers probably didn't believe would be a success in the first place
>>
>>316816036
>One exclusive
>Fallout4 launch

I hope they're finished this time
>>
>>316818110
This. I'll admit Im butthurt I can't play it. Yet.
>>
>>316818198
Ya I've been waiting for people to wise up to this.

I told my friend to just wait for these GOTY editions or at least half a year for the game to go down to 20 or something. He never listens, he doesn't follow the industry like I do so it's not a "support your Devs" thing and he's always short on cash. I can never understand why people do this.
>>
>>316816036
>What went wrong?
They changed a series known for third-person shooting and puzzles into a glorified Uncharted ripoff.
>>
>>316816036
Nothing, it's really fucking good.
>>
>>316816036
Nothing, it's just the same game all over again
>>
They released it the same day as the biggest launch game of the year
>>
>>316816036
Someone thought that SJW Raider needed a sequel.
>>
Has anyone even played it? I've seen maybe one thread about it since it released.
>>
>>316816036
good game, HORRIBLE release date, for consoles only, limited to 360 and ps3 graphics
>>
>>316816036
It's tomb raider
>>
>>316818643
its better than TR2013 but its still a weird amalgamation of popular game mechanics that don't make sense for tomb raider
>>
>>316818594
Uncharted was a ripoff of Tomb Raider, and even the reboot had better and more frequent puzzles than Uncharted ever did.

The new one has some great stuff going for it, and I'm enjoying it.

They seem to have put a lot more women into the game as prominent fighter / hunter figures, but you never seem to actually fight any. Only dudes. And even though I see a lot of women giving fighter speeches or standing watch with AKs and all that, I never seem them actually in the combat. It's weird, but still a pretty good game with a lot of refinements over the last one.
>>
Will be worth playing in a year for 15 bucks
>>
i will wait for the real release
>>
>releasing a timed exclusive in the same week as two of the biggest dudebro games of the year in Black Ops III and Fallout 4

Great planning there
>>
>>316818690
Atleast they drew it a little different. Fallout4's case is just fo3 but zoomed in
>>
>>316816036
exclusivity.
>>
File: notatumblrjiff.gif (2 MB, 540x240) Image search: [Google]
notatumblrjiff.gif
2 MB, 540x240
>>316818838
It looks pretty good on the Xbox One.

Just runs about as well as a gif.
>>
Xbox exclusive
Microsoft only interested in advertising halo
Released around Fallout 4 and Black ops 3
Changed Laras face again even tho it was fine.

The main problem is advertising tho.
>>
>>316819180
except that fallout 4 is a downgrade
>>
>>316819174
And there's basically no marketing for it, because they straight up can't compete. Easily the worst possible timing.

A shame, because it's better than both of those games.
>>
>>316818960
other than the characters being treasure hunters, there really is little common with the gameplay style of Uncharted and early Tomb Raider games

the latter were mostly honest action platformers while the former was an shit tier, generic, and half-automated cinematic third-person shooter

CD did themselves no favors by emulating dude raider's gameplay style at all. I played the '13 version out of curiousity, but after discovering it's basically the same boring shit I have no intention to even pirate the sequel
>>
Is it true she gets blacked in this game?
>>
>>316818960
>Uncharted was a ripoff of Tomb Raider
I can tell you never played any of the original Tomb Raiders.
>>
Timed exclusive on the console that is losing the console war by a large margin and releasing the same day as FO4.

Nothing that hasn't been mentioned already.
>>
>>316816036
>Exactly the same gameplay
>Moon physics still on
>Generic as fuck secondary characters
>Predictable... story?
>>
>>316816036
no med kits. Life heals on Call of Duty style. This means no survival element.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.