[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 dialogue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: baby.png (39 KB, 803x581) Image search: [Google]
baby.png
39 KB, 803x581
Is it really as bad as it looks?
>>
HATE DIALOGUE
>>
>>316815326
No >HATE BABY
You had ONE job anon!
>>
Fallout 4 should also have "What's a baby? (Yes)"
>>
YES
NO
SARCASTIC
SEEN MY BABY?
>>
Why do bethesda games lose more RPG elements with each iteration
>>
>>316816023
Because people don't want actual RPGs. They just want brainless faux-RPGs that make them feel like such nerds xD
>>
>>316816023
Because literally pandering to the casuals. Did you miss the massive ad campaign that went on for this game?
>>
It can be very annoying as you have no idea what you character is going to say half the time. Sometimes "Sarcastic" is a funny joke and sometimes its an insult. You're pretty much gambling half the time.

But I suppose it works for having a voiced protagonist.
>>
>>316815326
>Fallout 4
BABY?
HATE BABY
SARCASTIC
YES
>>
>>316815326
there is only so much you can do with
>ask for more
>positive opinion
>neutral response
>negative opinion
>>
File: 1447588631487.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447588631487.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1080
>>316816023
How can you even go lower than this at this point?
Completely auto dialogue?
>>
>>316816589
Two options: Left brain response, and right brain response.
>>
File: hr.jpg (99 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
hr.jpg
99 KB, 1280x800
I'm really starting to appreciate HR. It gave you both the full reply and the tone in which it will be said.
>>
>>316816787
well that's because it's a good modern arpg, and not made by bethesda
>>
>>316816787
I wish it was verbatim like Deus Ex. They truncated the responses to fit in the giant console sized UI.
>>
>>316816784
HATE THALMUS
HATE RETICULAR FORMATION
>>
>>316817072
Heh heh. What a shame.
>>
>>316816246
>But I suppose it works for having a voiced protagonist.
I really don't see how it works better with a voiced protagonist or without. It just seems like an unnecessary change for the worse.
>>
>>316817072
[HATE BREVITY]
>>
File: Fallout 4 Dialogue.png (112 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 Dialogue.png
112 KB, 600x512
>>316815326
yes it is
>>
I think dialogue options are useless from a gameplay perspective anyway. There's just no way of knowing what will have ramifications.

My favorite are the ones that tint the situation. I was just now posed a worthless question in a game where saying "Yes" has the MC say "Damn it, I agreed too quickly," and feeling down for being such a whipped faggot, while saying "No" leads to the same result, except the MC expresses a hint of distrust and caution to the whole prospect which returns for a brief moment later.
>>
The worst thing is that you're always narrowed down to just saying 'yes' or walking away with no consequences. That and seemingly all of the followers seem to hate you for asking for money in exchange for putting yourself in dangerous situations.
>>
>>316815326

SUPPORT DROWNING!
>>
>>316816589
good option
bad option

or
everything becomes a railroaded conversation
>>
>>316816784
Two options: Smiley face or frowny face. All you know is the quality of the statement, not whether it'll help or not.

Smiley is always the positive response and frowny is always the negative response, you get no choice of dialogue, just positive or negative. The rest is pre-scripted and dialogue has no impact on the outcome except for one major turning point in the story. There are no side quests, it's just a linear path with pseudo side areas that are just 1 room in a building.

But it still gives the semblance of quality RPGs to casuals because they want something they can "enjoy" that babies them, gives them what they want, and lets them feel good about being a "social outcast."
>>
>>316817385
It's more like
>Yes, I'll do it
>No, I'll do it later
>Walk away
>>
>>316816023
>Why do bethesda games lose more RPG elements with each iteration

Because it's an easy tactic that always works as long as you distract people with some other gimmick instead

e.g.

>add in settlement building shit
>people don't notice that the entire Karma / reputation system has been gutted

It's just giving with one hand and taking with the other. Most people will focus on the new thing that's added rather than the old thing that's been lost.
>>
>>316817338
>dialog options are useless in a game where they dont bother designing it
FTFY
>>
>>316817478
Right, but those last two options amount to the same thing. Quest-giver NPC always lets you off the hook with "Ah, if you change your mind just come back later, it's all good, can do the urgent quest whenever you feel like it".
>>
>>316817551
Even in FO1, most dialogue doesn't radically alter the game. That's why it's a bad idea.

To make a comparison, you know spikes can kill you. You avoid spikes. Now, if half the regular blocks killed you, you wouldn't really be able to avoid them.
>>
File: 1445361166031.jpg (197 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1445361166031.jpg
197 KB, 960x720
And this four option only thing also removes the skill or perk or whatever check options. Those were my favorites in New Vegas, Skills like explosives, barter, survival, medicine, science were always relevant in conversations and had checks.

Now everything is just a charisma check. Which is also percentage chance based.
>>
>>316816246
>I suppose it works

How does it work not knowing what your character will say?
>>
WAIT

So there's no more skill checks in F4? Like X out X skill checks for different skills like in NV?

How the FUCK are players and journalists okay with taking such a great feature and the dumbing down of this game?
>>
>>316820186
>babby casual kek series gets more of the same
>waaa waa waa
lol bitch
>>
>>316820186
There are percentage based Speech checks like FO3, but instead of showing you the percentage, they just color the dialog option differently. Not sure how much your Charisma actually effects it either
>>
>>316817432
Railroaded dialogue would be better then this shit.
>>
>>316815326

Really needs HATE BABY for the authentic FO4 experience.
>>
>>316815326
HATE LAKES
>>
>>316817845
>charisma is percentage
I booste my char to 11 each conversation with clothing, won all of it. what's your excuse?
>>
File: goldsun02[1].jpg (70 KB, 536x323) Image search: [Google]
goldsun02[1].jpg
70 KB, 536x323
>>316817457

This made me laugh because I immediately thought of Golden Sun
>>
File: 1425832783340.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425832783340.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>316816589
>How can you even go lower than this at this point?

FO5 dialogue system will be just a big prompt that says "MASH X TO CONVINCE".

Also the stat screen will be just your level number in a 200 point font.
>>
>>316816787
Man, Jensen went full fucking BAHSTIN in this scene.
>>
>>316822234
Not everyone likes to play a Charisma based character. The difference is, previous games allowed other characters to have their spotlights in conversations through skill checks, whereas now Charisma is essential to achieving anything worthwhile in dialog.
>>
tfw Sonic Chronicles had the whole
>positive response
>negative response
>sarcastic response
>question
first
>>
>>316817486
Karma did fucking shit, that's why no one cares that its gone.
>>
File: kirbylaugh.png (285 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
kirbylaugh.png
285 KB, 455x455
>>316815326
>[Intelligence] The baby is drowning.
>>
how does the main character know everyones names?
this bugs the fuck out of me more than the dialogue wheel.
>>
>>316824987
P I P B O Y
>>
I hate how it's 2015 and the plot of games is still entirely dependent on player input, i.e. nothing happens until you make it happen.

Why not have several factions with differing motives and goals, each one gives you quests with a certain time limit, and if you don't do the quest within that time limit they proceed with their plans without you.

Everybody talks about immersion and realistic game worlds, but all that is bullshit if every character waits on their ass for you to come around and do everything for them. Real people don't act like that either.
>>
File: Delicious Cake .gif (1022 KB, 303x194) Image search: [Google]
Delicious Cake .gif
1022 KB, 303x194
>>316815326
>No [X] HATE BABIES
its shit
>>
>>316816589
This is better. Since the protagonist is now voiced, it's better to choose the direction of the conversation than reading what the protagonist is going to say and then have it read back to you again. Who wants that?
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 129x97) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 129x97
>>316816213
This 1000x
>>
>>316817486
the reputation system was garbage. same with the karma system.
>>
>>316825852
This.
Maybe even take it to the next level and make it so certain quests can effect other quests. (You help Joe blow fix his wagon, he thanks you and drives to the city. You later find two travelers who have been attacked by a wolf and they need help. You could quickly run back to the main road to flag down Joe and get him to drive them to safely if you didn't have the medical skills to help the two, or being forced to leave one behind (as you can only carry one of them) however if he had driven off too far you wouldn't be able to do this. Also perhaps if you didn't help joe, the wolf would have attacked him instead. And in either case if you were fast enough you could have just killed the damn wolf first.)
>>
>>316816213
Hate this shit, and pleople wearing glasses that they dont need.
>>
>>316825852
>>316827996
found the idea guys
>>
>>316827996

But you do understand how difficult it would be to program all this, right?

The solution of course is to decrease map sizes and stop boasting big hueg maps that it takes you X hours to travel from one point to the other so that shit like what you're describing can actually function.

I'm not sure how big F4 is, but with a world like that of Skyrim or especially The Witcher 3 it's never going to work properly (although I admit given the size, TW3 is surprisingly complex and much better than what Bethesda can put together).
>>
>>316828895
I'd rather have a smaller game world that functioned like what was described in this thread that what we get now - huge worlds of nothingness with a handful of settlements and collectibles sprinkled here and there.

It would be awesome if the bad guys didn't wait for you to finish faffing about and just pushed their plans forward to the point where you get a bad ending after not doing anything for a while.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.