[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He was right.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 24
File: hqdefault.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
He was right.
>>
Not even he thinks he was right.
>>
about what exactly
>>
>>316809768
OoT was a bit shit
>>
He had some good points (Modern Zelda is more focused on guiding you to set piece to set piece instead of letting you have a freedom loving adventure), but it got lost in his utter inability to navigate 3D space and choosing instead to rant about trivial things (however bad they may actually be).
>>
>>316809812
You're a bit shit, you bean-toothed limey fogbreather.
>>
I wish he just trimmed the video down, it seemed really out of focus and jumbled partly because a disproportionate amount of time on some things, and trying to start "epic memes" elsewhere.

Having to wait in combat? That's a valid point
A two second cutscene of link opening a chest? a nitpick at best, but he spent like 5 minutes on it. And then he would occasionally launch into attacks on skyward sword, which he should have just made a skyward sword rant its own video, he clearly despises it. I despise SS as well, and would love for him to call out the bullshit
>>
Just keep reporting.
>>
>>316810071
>Having to wait in combat? That's a valid point

No it's not, because just about every enemy has an alternate strategy where you can use items and other tricks to make the fight go way faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGAz1C4D480
>>
LttP is better but not for his reasons. This faggot misrepresents OoT's play mechanics in everything and spazes out because he doesn't know how to play the game
>>
>>316809527
even egoraptor thinks that episode sucked
>>
>>316809527
I agree
>>
>>316810215
Yeah but he's an insecure manbaby who figures if it's that hated it MUST suck.
>>
>caring about what he thinks

>>316810215
because?
>>
No he wasn't.

He's just impatient and unwilling to accept change.
>>
>>316810071
>And then he would occasionally launch into attacks on skyward sword, which he should have just made a skyward sword rant its own video, he clearly despises it. I despise SS as well, and would love for him to call out the bullshit
Here's the thing, there's clearly so much more to say on how Skyward Sword is a shit Zelda, he only chose OOT because it's more controversial.
Which is weird because maybe a few years ago it was the typical Youtube/internet thing to hold OOT up as the greatest thing ever but not any more, so by bigging himself up to be some amazingly contrarian person by bashing OOT he just seems incredibly pretentious.
The whole video is him coming up with bullshit excuses to reach a predetermined conclusion. Especially when he makes bullshit up like "lack of adventure" then shit like his WW playthrough show how wrong he is.
>>
Even fucking MatthewMatosis called the video "misguided" when he was on /v/ once. He said a few positives but overall said it was a poor argument.
>>
>tfw you love all zelda games and can't discuss the games without people throwing stones at one title or another when you just want to chill and talk about the cool items in those games.
>>
>>316809527
>his wind waker video

nah son, you and ego are both faggots
>>
>>316809527
Except it doesn't matter since Minish Cap is still better

Arin is blind when it comes to 3D. The game is just as good if not better.

Tell me ONE thing that was done better in ALTTP
>>
>>316809527
Why exactly should I care about this guys opinion? He dropped out of fucking high school.
>>
>>316810642
You mean the DS games?
>>
>>316810557
Only Zelda game I truly dislike is SS. I'm not going to acknowledge those DS pieces of shit.
>>
>>316810819
Yeah, saw my fuckup and deleted the post.
>>
>>316810838
You mean the heartless remake of LttP? Just making sure.
>>
File: 1446223330924.gif (403 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1446223330924.gif
403 KB, 500x372
>>316809527
https://youtu.be/fp7f_nCKfFw
>>
>>316810838
Phantom Hourglass ain't that bad. Really the only thing that drags the entire game down is the controls. Nintendo really fucked up with that and Spirit Tracks by doing that.
>>
OoT>Zelda>LttP>Wind Waker>Zelda 2> hand helds>cdi games>shit>waggleshit>SS>TP
>>
>>316810927
No, I liked ALBW.

>>316811002
>Phantom Hourglass ain't that bad.
There is nothing memorable about PH outside of Linebeck. The bosses are a bore, the dungeons suck, and the exploration element simply isn't there.
>>
I've been wondering, why do people need approval of an e-celeb for their opinion? You get to see shit like that in forums where you see people needing some fag like Jim Sterling to agree with their viewpoints to feel validated.
>>
>>316810949
I came into this thread just to post this. It completely invalidates any opinions he has on Zelda, right or wrong
>>
He was correct about the constant waiting the N64 games had, and almost nothing else.
>>
>>316811262
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>316809527
Who?
>>
>>316810071
>Having to wait in combat? That's a valid point
Enemies don't attack if you have your shield up.
>>
>>316810949
I don't fallow eceleb shit. Who's the guy when it cuts to the GTA game play.
>>
>>316811646

I would put my shield down, and sometimes they would just stare at me blocking for like 30 seconds.

>>316810148

That video almost seems unintended way of doing it, the game trains you from the start to Z target in combat. A much better example would be if you could rip their sheilds away with the hookshot, or knock them on their ass with the hammer or something.
>>
>>316811983
Darksydephil
>>
>>316811267

First 5 minutes is just them fucking around and exploring on outset instead of doing anything wrong.

Otherwise have you ever tried to broadcast yourself playing a game while trying to be entertaining? it takes up your concentration, you are going to miss some triggers to advance the plot. A simple solution would be for one of them to contantly have a guide handy when playing trigger heavy single player games, but whatever.
>>
>>316810490
To be fair Arin has always disliked OoT
>>
>>316812209
Should I care or know who he is?
>>
>>316812431
I've never fucked up so badly that I failed to miss blatant input triggers plastered on the screen.

Wind Waker is not nearly hard enough that it should give him trouble even when talking about someone

>>316812727
Not really, he's just the posterchild for shitty let's plays
>>
>>316812431
I did a Windwaker playthrough in 52 episodes. Arin took 73, not including the episode stretched to like an hour.

Arin is terrible at 3D Zelda.

You ever fucking seen his OoT Stream? Disgraceful.
>>
you dont really take someone with std serious do you?
>>
>>316812140
>It's unintended to actually move around during combat instead of hitting z-target and standing still with your shield up! How is the player supposed to know they can play like that!?

Holy fuck, dude.
>>
>>316812889
std and add
>>
>>316812140
>That video almost seems unintended way of doing it, the game trains you from the start to Z target in combat
That's absolutely the intended way to take them down quickly, by simple nature that the game has a number of combat options outside of z-targeting, and that they work well against those enemies.
Z-targeting is just a tool they introduced in a way to compensate for the fact that 3D games did not yet have full camera control by giving you an immediate way to focus the camera and your direction to give you more combat options.
A lot of players ended up relying on it as a crutch, and the Lizalfos/Stalfos/Knuckle minibosses are intentionally designed to fuck with them by having extremely solid, tedious defense if you attack them from the front instead of catching them from an off-guard angle.
>>
>>316812863
>You ever fucking seen his OoT Stream?
That's probably the thing that invalidates his opinion the most. He wasn't even trying to comment that much so that excuse is out the window. He is just plain shit at it.
>>
>>316812779

They are fucking around, and somewhere in the tons of dialogue they skipped the part where it said you need a shield. They probably should pay more attention to the dialogue, but it's understandable becausae they don't want to bore people with exposition tutorial shit. People act like there was a crazy taxi arrow pointing to the shield, and 12 scrolling messages telling you exactly what to do at all times.

I also don't like when these video pad themselves with just fucking around. They made one mistake when they first saw a 4 note wind waker song, I'm sure 90 percent of players made the same mistake. Then Arin is retarded so he started fucking around with link's arm animations, and the video decided "LOL EPIC FAIL, IT TOOK ARIN 5 TRIES TO PLAY A SONG!"
>>
>>316813076
>He is just plain shit at it.
Doesn't he admit as much that he is a total shitter at 3d games?
>>
File: IMG_20151116_182043.jpg (29 KB, 720x182) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151116_182043.jpg
29 KB, 720x182
>>316810949
Have they put the entire game in one video?
>>
>>316813106
>They are fucking around, and somewhere in the tons of dialogue they skipped the part where it said you need a shield. They probably should pay more attention to the dialogue, but it's understandable becausae they don't want to bore people with exposition tutorial shit. People act like there was a crazy taxi arrow pointing to the shield, and 12 scrolling messages telling you exactly what to do at all times.

Then research the game beforehand. I hard it find to believe that was Arin's first time playing Wind Waker based on the way he was talking
>>
The video in 3 words: I HATE OoT
>>
>>316812727
There is a DSP thread every ten minutes, or at least used to be, unless you are some weekend redditor, you should be knowing who he is just by osmosis
>>
>>316813218
Yeah, but then he tries to pass his ineptitude as an analysis.
>>
>>316813106
>People act like there was a crazy taxi arrow pointing to the shield, and 12 scrolling messages telling you exactly what to do at all times.
There may not have been, but one, there's a cutscene that focuses very deliberately on the shield less than ten minutes beforehand, and Outset Island is also absolutely tiny, and there's not a lot of places to look. It was absurd that it took them so long to think "hey, maybe we should try looking through OUR OWN HOUSE"
>>
File: 1375608095936.jpg (53 KB, 502x446) Image search: [Google]
1375608095936.jpg
53 KB, 502x446
>>316809527

No, no he wasn't. The complaints he makes against OoT make no sense. He complains that enemies can ALWAYS block you but he forgets that you can fuckign STUN them with items like the Deku nut. It's fucking insanity that he gets so much credibility for this video.

That said I do like ALTTP more. I just think he was grasping at straws with this video.

The whole "Z-targeting" ruins immersion thing was such fucking bullshit. My immersion wasn't ruined. Egoraptor was trying way too hard with this video and every idiot that praises him is pathetic.
>>
>>316813287
>Then research the game beforehand

Yeah that's fair, the amount of games they play though they probably aren't going to research them all, and blind playthroughs have their own appeal. I just think they need to have one person who either knows what to do, or has a guide on hand at all times. Just have a third person on the couch that chimes in whenever they are clearly fucking up
>>
>>316812140
>not understanding that you can crouch stab to beat stalfos, etc. quicker
>not understanding quick spins

Holy shit anon
>>
>>316813394
Eceleb shit is your generation not mine.
>>
>>316813550
>or has a guide on hand at all times.
Isn't that usually the case? or becomes the case? I mean I don't watch GG or any other LP for their skill at the game, I just find their commentary (and usual lack of skill) mildly entertaining.
>>
File: 1360256380267.png (72 KB, 394x397) Image search: [Google]
1360256380267.png
72 KB, 394x397
>>316809527

No. He just has a terrible attention span. He probably looked up a fucking GUIDE to play A Link to the Past, going off of how he plays games during his Game Grumps videos.
>>
>>316813537

Have you played video games dude? Typically your own house is the most empty place in starting towns.

But yeah, like I said, they were fucking around, exploring, having a good time, and people go "HARUMPH! IT TOOK THEM AN HOUR TO GET OFF OUTSET, WHAT RETARDS!" It probably took me an hour too on my first playthrough because I was fucking with pigs and talking to everyone and looking at the snot boy, etc.
>>
File: 1445204266661.jpg (77 KB, 476x356) Image search: [Google]
1445204266661.jpg
77 KB, 476x356
SOMEONE POST THE VIDEO OF EGO TAKING LIKE 30 MINUTES TO FIND THE SHIELD IN WW, OR THE TIME HE DID RESEARCH ON OOT AND COULDNT EVEN NAVIGATE THE WORLD OR PUZZLES
>>
>>316813646
I never played Gone home, never read an article about it, but I know what it is, because /v/ couldn't stop talking about it. Same with DSP

I'm fed up with less than 100 hour /v/ newfags coming here with their big boy pants acting like they own the place
>>
>>316809527
the first half of the video was ok, then he just lost his shit and started stammering about problems literally only he has with the game

and if you ever watched his oot stream where he was making notes he's probably the worst zelda player ever and it makes you wonder if anything he brought up is actually relevant and not just his incompetence/ADHD
>>
>>316813828
I couldn't tell you wtf gonehome is. Hipster shit couldn't be less interesting to me.

Unlike you I don;t hate the shit. I don't give a fuck about it.
>>
>>316813665

They typically don't have a guide, which I'm saying they should for games that are heavy on triggers to advance the plot. Typically Arin will breeze past all the dialogue telling you what to do, assuming it's just boring exposition, then he'll fuck around for like 4 episodes, the comments will scream at him, and danny will eventually pull out a guide.

But as I've been saying, if Arin sees anything wacky to screw around with, his retarded mind will take him on a tangent and he'll just have fun with himself, and people will use those moments as proof that "HE MUST SUCK AT VIDEO GAMES!"
>>
>>316813550
>Yeah that's fair, the amount of games they play though they probably aren't going to research them all, and blind playthroughs have their own appeal

I don't think a blind playthrough is meant to be done by someone as stupid as Arin
>>
>>316813730
>Typically your own house is the most empty place in starting towns.
They literally focus on the shield and go "GRANDSON THIS IS OUR FAMILY SHIELD" in an unskippable plot cutscene less than ten minutes into the game.
>>
>>316814040

And like I said, he probably was just shitting up with danny. He SHOULD pay attention, sure I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but it's understandable he'd miss it if he's trying to be entertaining.

Basically what I'm trying to say, just because they miss a cutscene doesn't have any baring on how good they are at video games. Even though Arin clearly isn't good
>>
>>316813943
The Dead Rising playthrough is going to be hell.

>take a picture of me doing a pose!
>HOLY SHIT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOOOO
>>
>>316813903
>makes you wonder if anything he brought up is actually relevant and not just his incompetence/ADHD
You don't have to wonder anon
>>
>>316814216

Yeah I know, I was really mad they continued that instead of deadly creatures. I'm sure Arin is again going to forget that the game has no autosave and be all MAN WHAT THE HELL I HAVE TO START OVER FROM ALL THE WAY HERE!?!
>>
>>316814206
The weird thing is that Arin actively read the parts of the dialogue that should have led him right to the shield right away, namely "Hey, you need a shield" immediately followed by "Maybe you should say goodbye to your family".
>>
>>316814040
>>316814506
Arin managed to get a Game Over in Wind Waker, a game that literally does not have a Game Over screen in it all. He's so bad the game glitched so hard it created a new piece of material just for him.

I mean, getting a Game Over in Wind Waker? That's impossible.
>>
>>316814679
I died once or twice in WindWaker when I was a kid.
>>
>>316810148
To be fair that's just using the crouch stab glitch, making it deal as much damage as the jump attack. I'm sure it would take longer if that didn't happen.
>>
>>316815094
Use deku nuts. Use the hook shot. Use fucking anything. Don't just stand there and wait.
>>
>>316815006
Keyword: When you were a kid, not a grown man who makes a living off of playing video games.
>>
The part where he goes on to rant about how Skyward Sword is "a spoiled brat whose fans overlook its flaws because it's something they love!" is hilariously ironic coming from him.

What was even the point of making fun of Skyward Sword? From his video you'd guess half the fanbase is holding it on a pedestal, but no. Not that many people like that game in the fanbase, so pretending like majority of people were putting it on the same level as OOT came off as weird and retarded.
>>
>>316815209
b-but i have to actively make my game experience worse so i can whine about waiting and be That One Guy Ever Who Doesn't Like Ocarina
>>
File: 1447361670891.jpg (82 KB, 606x568) Image search: [Google]
1447361670891.jpg
82 KB, 606x568
>>316814679
>I mean, getting a Game Over in Wind Waker? That's impossible.
Hey man, that level of the Goddess Trial with like 5 Darknuts and laser eye statues is fucking brutal.

He died on the first boss or something, didn't he?
>>
>>316815432
Arin's ego ha went to his head about halfway into game grumps and it's really obvious if you watch it beginning to end. Once Dan came along he no longer had a dissenting opinion and his arrogance only grew.

You look back at his other Sequelitis's like the Megaman one and he doesn't take himself so seriously, and instead tries to analyze why he likes the game so much.
>>
>>316815432
Shame too since it is a good point: "BUT IT'S ZELDA!" has been the defense of many a bad thing in this franchise. OoT's being elevated to such legendary (if you'll excuse the pun) status has made the perception of the series become "It's a Zelda game, those are ALWAYS the best, r-right?". Everyone's too afraid to admit the emperor has no clothes.
>>
>>316815618
what was the reward for those trials anyway? never had the patience for them as a kid
>>
>>316815209
I'm not the one complaining about combat being slow, I'm just saying using the crouch stab as a valid combat tactic is somewhat cheapened by it being bugged.
>>
>he was right

>Arin admits he was wrong

>sheep still follow his wrong opinions

lmao
>>
>>316815741
A Piece of Heart, a Silver Rupee, and a Triforce Chart if my memory serves me.
>>
>>316815741
Piece of heart methinks
>>
>>316815741
25 levels got you the triforce chart, doing the full 50 was a heart piece. IIRC the level I referenced is the last level.
>>
>>316815824
>>316815845
ok so no regrets
>>
File: 1433421305084.gif (2 MB, 186x183) Image search: [Google]
1433421305084.gif
2 MB, 186x183
>OoT plebs so butthurt over their precious game getting 1 bad review they decided to bully him
>>
>>316815904
Yeah, Wind Waker's main quest is p. fun but the fucking content layout is a goddamn mess.

I find it difficult to take people seriously who say TP has the worst content in the series when WW's exploration is almost as bad as Skyward Sword's.
>>
>>316815741
>>316815824
>>316815845
>>316815904
The Treasure Chest at the end of the Labyrinth contains only 10 Rupees in the Japanese version of The Wind Waker. The Piece of Heart appears in the chest under Link's House instead.

Jesus Christ Japan, what the fuck
>>
>>316816116
Does anyone have that pic of the trolling the WW devs at NoJ were responsible for?

I remember there was some ludicrous amount of things they did just to fuck with people.
>>
>>316816047
>when WW's exploration is almost as bad as Skyward Sword'
They're not even remotely in the same caliber, at least WW had lots of shit to go see.
>>
>>316816279
>at least WW had lots of shit to go see.
Not really.

There are, at best, 10 unique islands with useful content on them.
>>
>>316815978
>most people agreed with him right off the bat
>>316816047
only half the main quest is fun. triforce huntan could've been somewhat fun if it werent for the whole translation thing
>>316816116
the reward should've been that shield you got from that shopkeeper at windfall. at least that wouldve been kind of cool
>>
File: 1390947042800.png (191 KB, 318x360) Image search: [Google]
1390947042800.png
191 KB, 318x360
>>316816441
>triforce huntan could've been somewhat fun if it werent for the whole translation thing

I was unaware of this, what happened?
>>
>>316816524
I think he's referring to the massive rupee hunt you have to do at the same time to pay for Tingle to translate the maps.

>>316816395
Which is more than can be said for SS.
>>
>>316816524
i mean having to go to tingle's pedo den and spend a buttfuckton of rupees just to progress
>>
>>316816524
He means having to grind rupees to get the maps translated. They always go over your biggest wallet size so you can't just get them all done at once.
>>
>>316816591
>Which is more than can be said for SS.
Did you read what I wrote? I didn't say WW is worse than SS, but it's getting close with how little content there is on those islands.

At the very least WW is a fun game at its core, which is far more than SS can say about fucking anything.
>>
>>316816395
That's ten more ten Squidward Sun
>>
>>316816683
Fair enough.
>>
>>316816660
>>316816617
>>316816591
Oh, I thought like a literal translation issue from japanese to english..
>>
Hopefully he shuts the fuck up about Zelda U

what does he think about Link Between Worlds?
>>
>>316815734
But Skyward Sword is actually quite good. Take out Fi and all the unnecessary dowsing, and it would probably have been well received.
>>
>>316809527
>Can't find the shield on Outset Island without consulting a guide
>Thinks he's qualified to talk about games
Stick to playing them fuccboi
>>
>>316816865
In the video he said he loved it, but he's biased as fuck so whatever.
>>
>>316816907
"No."
>>
>>316816925
wtf the game shows you the shield when you go get your clothes.
>>
>>316817046
"why."
>>
File: Denied.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Denied.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>Goron escort mission is a good idea

Egoraptor was never right about anything that was his own original thought.
>>
No he wasn't

Ocarina was still a better adventure

The fact of the matter is that Arin hates 3D Games in general
>>
>>316816865
It's a 2d Zelda with good reviews that is a nostalgia-bait of LttP of course he loves it, even if it's a piece of kakacigar
>>
>>316817094
Most people realize that. Hell, DarkSydePhil realized that. He didn't need to wander around for 40 minutes or look up a guide.
>>
>>316817194
how can you not realize that
>>
>>316817119
>all that hand holding
>almost nothing to actually explore
>no interesting characters because there's no fucking towns to justify interesting characters
>those godawful motion controls
>no location variety, you go to the same places three fucking times each
Shall I go on?
>>
>>316817094
You're making the mistake that for one second this incompetent hack actually paid attention to a game's cutscene.
99.9% of the time he's spouting random shit and cracking jokes, then when gameplay resumes he has no idea what to do.
>>
File: gamzeldaootwatertemple530.jpg (45 KB, 530x318) Image search: [Google]
gamzeldaootwatertemple530.jpg
45 KB, 530x318
You know what is bullshit, and has become a meme? To hate on the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time.

Post a picture of it, and an entire gaggle of geese will become PSTD ridden and shout profanity. Claiming that it was too difficult, or too lengthy. Well in no way was it difficult, But it was lengthy, Though talk to your average goon, and they couldn't tell you why

In reality, it was a combination of all sorts of shit but only shit involving the Iron Boots.

In order to use the boots, you had to open the menu, which took some time, then you had to shift to the equipment menu, apply the boots, exit, face a save prompt, and repeat.

This became very tedious and annoying as in some areas, you only needed the boots for just a second. The process drew out the Temple's length considerably.

The Wind Waker changed this by making the Iron Boots a C-Item, and thus when the Ocarina of Time 3D was developed, they decided to once again make the boots a C-Item, which took all of the chore out of the Water Temple, but when a picture of the Water Temple from Ocarina 3D was posted on Yahoo Games, people still flipped their shit, proving that they have either never played the 3DS version, or they really are just stupid, and can't pay attention.
>>
>>316817158
he fails to grasp the idea that people keep playing the game because it's fun. not because "theyre the hero" or some autistic attachment to some obnoxious character they have to feed rocks or what the fuck ever
>>
File: 1331036411536.jpg (57 KB, 365x408) Image search: [Google]
1331036411536.jpg
57 KB, 365x408
>>316816907
>Take out Fi and all the unnecessary dowsing

That would only address two problems, I can think of ten more off the top of my head.

>Worst exploration in the series
>Overworld is LITERALLY NOTHING. It's mostly just empty space.
>Least enemy variety in the series.
>Rupees are pointless again
>Every quest is a fetch quest or mini game.
>Story is overemphasized and doesn't hold a candle up to any of the stories before it
>You fight the same boss multiple times, on multiple occassions.
>Demise is literally "ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DONOT STEEL" with some stupid reincarnation bullshit that undermines the final message of the Wind Waker
>Only 3 different areas to go through and backtracking is a large part of them
>Tadtones
>Wii Remote is sort of accurate. Buttons are 100% accurate.
>Crafting is absolutely pointless and the weapon upgrades are usually too little too late.
>Not that weapon upgrades would help with difficulty because the game is stupidly easy.
>Most items outlive their usefulness and are just one-offs. Specifically the whip.

And that's what I can think of off the top my head. Oh whoops I went over 10 oopsie
>>
OMG OOT HAS SO MUCH WAITING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGAz1C4D480
>>
>>316817384
arin actually agreed that the water temple was fine in an early game grumps episode. he said the fire temple was the real clunker
>>
>>316817573
>>Least enemy variety in the series.
Fuck I forgot about that too. Aren't literally half the enemies in the game just reskinned bokoblins or whatever they're called?
>>
>>316813547
>My immersion wasn't ruined.
Mine was, I thought the very first thing when I was going through the z-targeting tutorial.
"this feels weird"
"fighting these bats is a pain in the ass"
"it's almost like it's two control schemes from entirely different games stuck together"
>>
>>316818021
oh yeah.

I also forgot that the character designs for all the friendly NPC's are shit too.
>>
File: April fools.jpg (31 KB, 448x362) Image search: [Google]
April fools.jpg
31 KB, 448x362
>>316818060
>fighting these bats is a pain in the ass
>he doesn't know how to vertical swing
>>
>>316818060
you didn't actually think that.
>>
>>316815209
pretty sure the game devs never thought that you would actually do something other than wait.
if the whole game turns into a search of what things to avoid waiting, then its a terrible designed game.
>>
>>316818280
He might have. Depends on how old he was at the time. I was 15 when Ocarina of Time was new, personally.
>>
>>316818060
>press z
>press a or use slingshot, things explicitly taught to you
so hardddd ; ; why isnt this more like muhgaman x
>>
>>316818367
>pretty sure the game devs never thought that you would actually do something other than wait.
Then why the fuck do you have a literal arsenal that can stun and hurt enemies with? Are you dense? Did you really only ever use the sword?
>>
>>316813547
Dude I feel you on the Deku Nuts. That is their sole purpose, to fucking stuff the enemy, and it's so useful, that I can go through the entire fight with Ganon, without using a single light arrow, because I have a combination of Deku Nuts and the Hammer.
>>
>>316815209
>>316815575
If you give a player two options to solve a problem, one that uses resources, and one that does not, they're going to pick the option that doesn't use resources unless it is really, really difficult because it is the optimal solution. Waiting isn't difficult, it just sucks.

You use items that cost hearts in castlevania games because it is legitimately a pain in the ass to try to win with your whip and your life is a far more valuable resource.

It's dumb to use up your deku nuts to kill an enemy that you can kill just as easily with your sword because you don't know if you're going to need those around the next corner and you sure as shit don't want to be in a situation where you have to farm them.
>>
The one complaint that still bothers me is the whole

>You know the item you found is gonna be for the boss

There's literally nothing wrong with that

Better fighting a boss in a new way rather than have them be bullet sponges
>>
>>316817573
>Only 3 different areas to go through and backtracking is a large part of them
This is a good thing, nothing wrong with backtracking.
>>
>>316818367
>this game where you get items is about using items
>badly designed
get a lobotomy, arin
>>
>>316818504
>they're going to pick the option that doesn't use resources unless it is really, really difficult
hookshot is an infinite resource that can kill bats and stun enemies. Deku nuts are literally everywhere. This is not an argument.
>>
>>316817670
The water temple is well designed. Central location, neat puzzles based on changing the water level. That one small key under the main tower. Dark link. The longshot. The main problem is the tedium of the iron boots switching in the original version, nothing else really. Honestly I liked it better than its Majora's Mask equivalent in its design.
>>
>>316818280
I legitimately did. Although I didn't get to playing OoT until the gamecube port.
>>
>>316818504
there is literally no other use for deku nuts arin. & if you killed some enemies instead of whining about waiting some more you'd never run out
>>
>>316818551
>nothing wrong with backtracking.
You're fucking joking, right?
>>
>>316818094
Just looked it up. There's 58 "different" enemies in SS
>8 are bokoblins
>3 are octorocks
>two are moblins
>4 are only shown in the tear sections, not even real enemies

>>316818551
No it's not and you're a retard for defending lazy game design.
>>
>>316809527
No, he wasn't. It was hypocritical while he was comparing both games and they have similar issues.

He even said he regrets making it. Its quality was total garbage compared to the others and a lot of points were subjective and less "game design".
>>
>>316818720
>>316818738
I guess you guys really don't like Metroid either then
>>
>>316818848
>comparing apples to oranges
>>
>>316809527

Nah not really. He's literally the first and only person to complain about Ocarinas combat.

The game has aged a bit now but much like Metal Gear Solid it holds up quite well while many other games from the time become more outdated every day

Arin is a hipster of the worst kid. He makes sure you know his shit opinions VERY LOUDLY and actually believes his opinions are fact.

He's also Arin and thinks he still relevant because he made shitty Metal Gear Newgrounds animations back when I was in 8th grade
>>
>>316818848
I forgot the part in metroid where I have to go to the overworld, drop down to a linear path I've already been to, to get to an NPC, who tells me where to go after doing some menial task, to go back and look at a different area so I can come back again.
>>
>>316818720
There is nothing wrong with backtracking, so long as shit is actually constructed in a way that allows for dynamism each time you have to go back to a certain town or area of the game.
>>
>>316818738
For reference sake, Majora's mask had 72 enemies not including bosses or mini-bosses. about 15 of them are reskins or bigger versions of enemies.
>>
>>316819118
that didn't happen in SS though, so whatever man.
>>
>>316819157
>so long as shit is actually constructed in a way that allows for dynamism each time you have to go back to a certain town or area of the game.
Well Skyward Sword ain't that.
>>
>>316819204
majoras mask is kind of a reskin in general
>>
>>316818848
I think the reason people love that shit in metroid games and hate it almost everywhere else is that metroid makes them feel like secrets. They do a lot of shit to make the important ones obvious but there will still be things like how the camera moves or how a block will just look different instead of having a super missile icon on it (until you try to bomb it)

when the game is like "OH HERE'S A DOOR BUT YOU NEED A KEY THAT YOU DON'T HAVE YET" then it feels like the game is just being a deck, when the game has a cracked wall that you can bust through with a weapon from later it feels like you're beating the game at something it was trying to hide from you.
>>
>>316819332
Alright, Ocarina then, since it's more or less the same enemies.
>>
>>316809873
>>316810071

Precisely

If he spent more time talking about the actual downsides of OoT instead of the tiny things, he would come off as far less biased.
>>
>>316809527
reported for being a faggot shilling this fucking shitlord here

get the fuck out underage
>>
>>316819332
The reason why Majoras Mask reuses most of the characters, is because Eiji Aonuma, and Yoshiaki Koizumi were challenged with the task of creating a new game, in 18 months or less, with many of it's elements taken from the scrapped Master Quest. That's exactly what they did, and I personally think that's one hell of an achievement.
>>
>>316809527
No
He's basically saying he prefers more open world games. OOT wasn't really designed as the kind of open world game he's talking about, so what he's claiming as bad game design is really his opinion.
>>
File: 1415248247552.jpg (1 MB, 2311x1300) Image search: [Google]
1415248247552.jpg
1 MB, 2311x1300
>>316819757
> I personally think that's one hell of an achievement.

Considering it's the best game of the series, yes. It is an enormous accomplishment
>>
File: Wat?.gif (501 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
Wat?.gif
501 KB, 240x180
>>316809873
This.
>> He literally can't solve 3D puzzles, and likes LoTP because he can't
The whole entire video.
I wouldn't even be mad if he focused on OoT's actual problems instead of being a nitpicky shit for the whole video
>>
>>316812727
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj0N-GJZLMc

He's legendary
nuff said
>>
File: 1410506648728.png (4 MB, 1400x1820) Image search: [Google]
1410506648728.png
4 MB, 1400x1820
>>316809527

No he wasn't.

Link To The Past is by no means a "Faster" game than Ocarina of Time. The *magic mirror* transition animation takes almost 5 whole seconds and you have to do it CONSTANTLY, sometimes clipping into walls- and then you have to slowly watch the transition animation all over again.

There's definitely more waiting around in ALttP, Egoraptor is just a goofball cartoonist who flunked out of highschool, he's not a genius- and he's in fact very biased.

The real reason he doesn't like OoT is because it came out the same time he was experimenting with boys sexually and traumatized himself.
>>
>>316819825
Every open world Legend of Zelda either padded the overworld with lots of obstacles, to make it appear larger, or in the case of the Wind Waker, it was nothing but ocean.

I sure hope that the next title will save the franchise, because it seems as if it's going to feature one hell of a world.
>>
>>316809527
>let's take an objective look at the game
>proceeds to shit out his subjective opinions on it and prove over and over that he's just bad at it
How the fuck do you have trouble with oot? For ANY reason? I played through it when I was like 7.
>>
>>316810910
I thought the DS games were alright. They weren't great, but they were good for playing when you don't have anything else to do
>>
I still like OoT, but Arin was absolutely right in saying it's overrated and is very much a flawed game. OoT was one of those sacred cows you couldn't speak up against without being "objectively wrong", so it was a bit nice seeing someone with a lot of internet presence rise up and point them out. Once again, I still like OoT and consider it to be one of the greatest video games out there, but I realize it aged poorly in some regards and everyone deserves to hear more accurate reviews about it in the modern age.
>>
>>316820309
10 minutes

He literally sits there for 10 minutes talking about nothing and doesn't even touch the game

that's incredible. That's dedication to the craft of terrible everythings.
>>
>>316810949
I miss the times when we had good LP-ers like Cybershell13...not these autistic obnoxious faggots
>>
>>316812140
You're moving the goalposts
>>
>>316820487
>literally the first thing he talks about is how everyone who disagrees is a nostalgiafag
>>
After watching some of that wind waker playthrough, his opinion on anything video game related is invalid
>>
File: 6837989581_5a56462303_o.jpg (404 KB, 973x1697) Image search: [Google]
6837989581_5a56462303_o.jpg
404 KB, 973x1697
>>316809527

Very cherry picked.

Conveniently understates this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM-sDg4f4oE

And the bullshit part in the final dungeon with the invisible maze of balancing beams you have to navigate across.
>>
>>316820525
So, explain some of these concepts that are so outdated and bad about the game.
>>
>>316820337
>The *magic mirror* transition animation takes almost 5 whole seconds
how long does it take to
>warp/savewarp to the temple of time
>walk to the master sword
>pull/drop the master sword
>wait for the cutscene
>get back to where you need to be

but you're right though, you don't have to do this nearly as often and only rarely as a step in solving a puzzle. Just saying.

>The real reason he doesn't like OoT is because it came out the same time he was experimenting with boys sexually and traumatized himself.
kek'd.
>>
I agreed with most of his points but I still hated the video. Why can't he explain his points without sounding like a whiny bitch?
>>
>>316811414
Arin from the Gameshits (Everyone knows JonTron was the life of the show)
>>
>>316820746
as long as you know what you're doing you only have to do the 7-year transition like 5 times throughout the whole game.
>>
The only thing this review proved was just how sensitive and butthurt OoT fanboys are.
>>
>>316820337
>The real reason he doesn't like OoT is because it came out the same time he was experimenting with boys sexually and traumatized himself.
the sad thing is youre probably right
>>
OoT is a damn slog. Never watched the video but goddamn it was boring at times. Good game for a first 3d Zelda though. Lttp and MM are both superior though
>>
>>316820525
>OoT was one of those sacred cows you couldn't speak up against without being "objectively wrong"

That is what they call AC/DC syndrome, or sometimes known as Nirvana Syndrome. The only difference is that as you say, not as many people are looking at Ocarina of Time through rose tinted glasses anymore, and while Arin is a faggot, I think that his video gave a nudge that was necessary in order to challenge people to look at Ocarina of Time from a different perspective.
>>
>>316815978
>>316820970
we get it arin
>>
>>316820525

suck a dick, all of the times where he says "you have to wait" are outright lies.

Skulltulas? Use a deku stick, bomb, or arrow to kill them in one shot.

Stalfos? Spin attack/Bombs/Hammer

In fact there's always a dozen ways you can defeat enemies in Ocarina of Time, not a fixed single way.

Volvalgia can be sniped with arrows and defeated in a single cycle if you're fast enough.

Arin has done nothing but deceive a generation of underaged gamers into thinking that Ocarina of Time is a bad game that everyone thinks is good.

He's an idiot. And you're a bigger idiot for trusting the opinions of a guy who couldn't even graduate high school.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FAIL OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL?
>>
>>316820525
It's not that he's wrong to criticize OoT, it's that his criticisms are actually wrong, particularly the stuff about not having clues in 3d space, enemies being too slow to defeat, and the time of opening chests as if other Zelda games didn't have waiting.
>>
>>316821204
>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FAIL OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL?
He didn't fail, some bullshit with holding him back happened during moves so his mom just took him out.

He's still retarded though.
>>
>>316820525
Things that can be better
- Camera control for 3d games had not been fleshed out yet
- Switching out items/tunics/boots
- Hyrule field itself is a hub with not much to it.
- Fucking owl dialogue
- Forced stealth section before getting into the castle
- Fixed angle locations with prerendered backgrounds. Hyrule market was way too small for instance.

Things that they got right
- Pacing
- Tone
- World has many shortcuts to other areas, lots of them loop back in on themselves, way before you have the ability to teleport. Especially portions that seem far away.
- Hidden grottos
- The noticeable changes from the two time periods, and how they interact with each other
- Some dungeons can be done out of order.
- You can get into the first dungeon within 10 minutes of playing the game. Most tutorials are optional.
>>
>>316816591
The only highlight of SS was Zelda was cute as fuck. Other than that, the game is a pile of manure (regular shit is to good for that turd).
>>
File: 2cool.gif (461 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
2cool.gif
461 KB, 500x360
>>316821047

>MM first comes out

>general consensus is that it has neat ideas but falls flat in terms of pacing and game length

>2015 rolls around and everyone's sucking its dick and denouncing Ocarina of Time

>ALttP getting praise for being better than 3D Zelda games even though it's literally comparing apples to oranges

How do I kill these memes?
>>
>>316821540
I have a fetish for jewish girls, yet ss Zelda was still too hooknosed for my taste
>>
>>316821204
>HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FAIL OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL.

No seriously, I was a cynical, LAZY FUCK, who got nothing but F's and D's, and hardly ever turned in a single piece of homework. And yet, I picked up the pace BIG TIME in the final quarter of my senior year. I didn't graduate right away, because the damage was fucking done, but I got to walk with my class, and a mere half of a school year later, I got my diploma.

If I can do it, you woould think that he could too.
>>
>>316821204
> Volvalgia can be sniped with arrows and defeated in a single cycle if you're fast enough

You have got to be shitting me.
>>
>>316821874
You can also wrongwarp to Ganon from the deku tree
>>
>>316821629
Stop being a slave to general consensus.
I liked MM when it first came out.
Hell, I liked OoT.
I just like MM better.

As for comparing apples with oranges, they're both fucking Zelda games.
It's more like comparing lemons to limes.
You are free to like OoT more than lttp and mm, I'm not going to say you have shit taste. I just thought it was boring at times
>>
>>316821952
but thats stupidly obtuse & hard
>>
>>316820616
The first thing he does is shit on people who shit on his shitty opinions without hearing him out first. It's stupid to do so but there's nothing wrong with that.

I still don't get how someone who made the megaman and castlevania sequelitises made this pile of shit.
>>
>>316809527
He' s also a giant faggot.
>>
>ugh tutorial wtf i just want to explore im not stupid
> WHERE DO I GO WTF DO I DOOOOO
>>
>>316821629
>ALttP getting praise for being better than 3D Zelda games even though it's literally comparing apples to oranges
No it's like comparing action adventure games with an overworld and dungeons that require puzzle solving, simplistic combat, and use of special items to navigate.
>>
>>316820743
-Hyrule Field is empty space
-Pre-Ocarina Zelda was equal parts combat and exploration and the world felt dangerous. In OoT, you had to seriously try to get hit and death wasn't something you would ever worry about.
-The plot unashamedly stole LttP's script

Yes, all his shit about "having to wait" (which has some truth to it, but it's 99% bullshit) and the spike traps popping out of nowhere are outright lies, but him even daring to criticize THE NUMBER ONE GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!! was commendable on its own
>>
>>316809527
NY NOSTALGIA IS BETTER THAN YOURS
-Arin"c.uc k" Hansen
>>
>>316822471
>-The plot unashamedly stole LttP's script
youve either never played lttp or ocarina. did you just see the synchronicity between getting three things to get the master sword and assume the games have the same script or something?
>>
File: You dense motherfucker.jpg (54 KB, 678x495) Image search: [Google]
You dense motherfucker.jpg
54 KB, 678x495
>>316822471
It's not the best game of all time. But, most of the shit he criticizes OoT for is just due to his incompetence rather than actual problems with the game. Yeah those are flaws OoT has,but why does he not bother to address them in the same way he gives a fucking lecture about how he can't fight or solve puzzles in 3D? That would be better grounds to attack OoT than the mundane shit he came up with.
>>
>>316822216
The Megaman Sequlitis was actually pretty amazing. He had ACTUAL insight in that video.
>>
>>316812727
Notoriously bad at video games, notoriously blames the game for every minor failing. His opinions mostly seem to revolve around how he's just better than everyone while his actions seem to reflect a dumb kid with a credit card. He's very mean to his fans and pretty much just shits on everything that exists, not as a joke but because that's how he is. He's extremely unlikable and makes some of the worst Let's Plays that exist with some of the worst production values on the market. He only got "popular" when a very angry Metal Gear fan made a condensed version of his MGS playthroughs while splicing in Youtube comments to let you know how random anons compare to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH39aiTx2A
>>
>>316809527
if you watched the vid of him gathering footage for the game you'll understand why he hates it. The guy sucks at the game and his windwaker run is worse than anything DSP has ever done. He's just shit at 3d zeldas and wanted to make a vid bashing them because he's shit.
>>
>>316823141
It wasn't though
>>
>>316824016
It felt like it. The last time I watched it, I was still in high school. I probably got excited and only remebered the interesting shit.
>>
>>316823235
>extremely unlikable

my fucking ass
DSP is Based

BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
File: 1408873121454.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1408873121454.png
342 KB, 394x394
>>316822471
I replayed aLttP just after aLBW and besides the dungeons being more complex in aLttP the main differences are about the balance and the impossibilty of traveling quickly.

>The map in AlttP is uselessly large and it take a large amount of time to get from the far east to the far west if you don't have the boots yet. And you get the ocarina very late
>Once you get to the dark world, a single hit from an Ogre means 3 whole heart damage. How it is not bullshit? The dungeon 5 in the dark world is a fucking chore and I remember dying dozens and dozens of time, not because of actual lack of skill but because of the undecent amount of damage that enemis do.

And I played the dungeons in aLBW in reverse order. I had no one to blame but me there, and yes it was still quite easy past the hardest dungeon, but it was not about losing half your HPs with 2 hits.

Also Hyrule Field is both a hub and a loading screen. It may have been a bit too large, but it had no loading screen at least.
And the similarity in plots was meaningless considering that aLttP had a shit story, just a pretext to get you going.

Everything OoT does, if it didn't do it extremely good was at least average. You can't really find any bullshit excepting a few of the bullshit moments like opening the mouth of Jabu Jabu. I still totally see myself replay the game in years even if I'll still know perfectly every dungeon.
>>
>>316824465
It always bothered me how he would cut off his own sentences in that video just like a millisecond short.
>>
>>316809527
Arin may be shit at games and kind of spergy, but he was mostly right in this episode. OoT is not good.
>>
File: 1405143637939.jpg (31 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
1405143637939.jpg
31 KB, 500x466
>>316810949
>5 seconds in
>they already start screaming
I'm glad I unsubscribed after Jon left
>>
>>316809527
He contradicts himself every 30 seconds and even he hates the video. He wasn't right about jack shit
>>
File: 1431610546000.jpg (38 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
1431610546000.jpg
38 KB, 358x350
>waiting for months for this video to come out
>expecting a great video
>the day finally comes
>first 30 seconds has an OOT fan screaming incoherently and making silly faces because he likes OOT and Egoraptor doesn't
>close video
>>
Egoraptor is literally unable to process 3d puzzles. There's an episode of his WInd Waker playthrough where he's in an empty room with a button in the middle and walks around for 20 minutes trying to open a locked door before realizing he needs to hop on the button.
>>
>>316817384
When I think about the water temple back in the day, I remember having a hard time because of the fucking corridor under a floating block that I failed to see for hours and didn't really think anything of the menus. Sure it took time, but it was not that infuriating. It is like the Navi meme. I literally didn't hear her anymore after a couple of hours and it was part of the game for me.

Those became issues once other game could be quicker for these same things, but back in the day, you never talked about how opening a menu to wear boots took you 10 seconds.
>>
>>316809527
>implying I care about what some closet homo crossdressing beta that married an alien thinks about Nintendo games
>>
When I was a kid I played through the entirety of OoT without z-targeting. I just didn't like it for whatever reason.
>>
>>316821767
He didn't fail, he was forced to go to a bad school after a move when they said he could still go to the good one. His mother gave him the choice and he left.
>>
>>316809527
About what? Quitting the series after this video?
>>
>>316809873
>"Every game should be a open world Skyrim clone!"

Im so sick of this. The only open world Zelda was the first one. Thats it.
>>
>>316810550
Matthew is awesome. It's a shame Egoraptor is actually a fan.
>>
Is it true that he apologized for the Wind Waker HD playthrough?
>>
>>316809527
Nah, he just sucks at games.
>>
>>316812727
He's so bad at video games he ragequit Metroid Prime on Easy mode.
>>
I like how Arin said in a recent video, that if they do play OOT on the show, he'll have to play it beforehand to practice so people can't call him out on being bad.

He needs to practice for a childrens game.
>>
>>316817158
Especially with the escort missions from N64 era games. He would have complained about that too.
>>
>>316811646
Thats just a straight up lie
>>
fuck off with your infinite chins
>>
File: 1440413299403.gif (2 MB, 325x235) Image search: [Google]
1440413299403.gif
2 MB, 325x235
>>316835456
lol
>>
File: Zeldamap.jpg (121 KB, 1300x600) Image search: [Google]
Zeldamap.jpg
121 KB, 1300x600
The problem was what he was comparing.

He needed to compare Hyrule Fantasy to A Link to the Past, he needed to compare aLttP to Links Awakening and LA to Ocarina of time.

Not Link to the Past compared with Skyward Sword (with OoT as proxy)
>>
>>316810550
Matthew does have some dumb opinions every once in a while, but he does make really good, detailed reviews
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.