[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideal MMO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 26
File: generic mmo screenshot.jpg (509 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
generic mmo screenshot.jpg
509 KB, 1920x1080
If you had infinite money and time to design an MMO, what would it be like?
>>
vanilla WoW + tera gameplay
>>
>>316654054

TOS is bretty gud.
>>
I really like dragon nest so something better but similar.
>>
focus less on the massive part

focus on having small servers with better graphics and better gameplay and better pvp

a map like gta v size with 100 players or something
>>
>>316654429
This.
>>
A re haul of FFXI
>>
Log Horizon if it was a video game.
>>
File: shards uo.jpg (289 KB, 1268x840) Image search: [Google]
shards uo.jpg
289 KB, 1268x840
Tolkien setting + Ultima Online/EVE/Galaxies-inspired sandbox

"You are guy in Middle Earth. Now go do something", none of that "epic questing" nonsense
>>
>>316654429
Like this, but where you can craft your stuff,
and have a war mode that ESO was trying for.
Maybe have 2 factions constantly fighting over an underground city or some shit who knows.
>>
>>316654054
Warhammer Online without bugs and exploits and with good optimization and servers.

I only care about PVP in an MMO, PVE is boring as fuck, I can have that in any single player.
>>
>>316654720
This is what I want, too many games nowadays push the "you are da hero" angle when I just want to be a happy merchant.
>>
>>316654775
>>316654561
>>316654164
>>316654927

Holy fuck you people don't learn, you'll move from one themepark grind to the next, waiting to recapture the feeling of your first massive world.

There's a reason why EVE and Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies have a large community despite being over a decade old, they did it differently. They focused on player interaction.

I'm sick of these single player MMOs with inferior gameplay and optional grouping being called MMORPGs. You are the retards this genre is pandering to, and you're the reason it's all turned into shit.
>>
>>316655056
You actually had to group up and socialize in vanilla WoW since a decent amount of quests had mobs with epic status even in lower levels plus there was no insta group button for raids
>>
>>316654054
>i'm a disabled veteran i don't get enough money to pay bills let alone put into a game lol

>oh
>>
mountainblade mmo.
>>
Three faction, horizontal gear treadmill with unit collision in pvp, with emphasis on tank lines and drawn out siege battles.

Or
>>316654927
>>
The ideal MMO would be one with a finite amount of playable content, a finite level cap, etc. Once you reach the end you can consider it beaten or start a new character. If you really enjoyed it then you'll play half a dozen or more new characters to try even more new things. But everyone stops and moves on with their life instead of becoming addicted.
>>
File: gloria victis.jpg (294 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gloria victis.jpg
294 KB, 1920x1080
>>316655027
Anon, I have good news.

Albion Online
Shards Online
The Repopulation
Project Gorgon
Star Citizen
Identity MMO (plays like Altis Life in ARMA)
Gloria Victis (plays like Mount&Blade)
Chronicles of Elyria (sandbox where your character ages and dies, solving the age old issue of market stagnation)

One of these is bound to be good.

>>316655187
It's still the same "go to guy with ! floating over his head, complete mundane task to progress to the next ! where you do another mundane task"

This is not what MMOs were supposed to be, then EQ/WoW fucked it all up.

>>316655286
GLORIA VICTIS

>>316655394
CHRONICLES OF ELYRIA
>>
Just remake old Star Wars Galaxies with infinite planets and space to explore
>>
File: the repopulation skills.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the repopulation skills.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>316655687
Anon, that's being done and it's shit because no one stays on one planet. Why not play The Repopulation where it's Galaxies Pre-CU 2.0 without the Star Wars license?

pic related
>>
>>316655468
>GLORIA VICTIS
that looks good but im not paying for pre-releases
>>
File: the repopulation skills updated.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the repopulation skills updated.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>316655832
Oh god I'm sorry I posted a pre-alpha screenshot from 2012
>>
>>316654054

A world where all the people in it are actually needed for something would be a good start. Also, fuck "end game".

I'm tired of MMOs where you solo grind your way to the level cap and run group content for gear. Each patch pushes out more and more gear, all gained by doing the same shit. Then an expansion comes out that raises the level cap and all of that previous content goes out the window. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>316654054
City of Heroes but with spectacle fighter controls
>>
>>316654054
BLACK DESERT ONLINE 2016 GOTY
>>
>>316654054
Guild Wars 1 - The second
>>
I just want an MMO where I can go out and adventure with some buds and then come back and let out my interior designer in a comfy house that I make, is that so much to ask for? ;_;
>>
>>316656484
>MMO
is Horde mode on GoW an MMO to you too?
>>
WoW ruined the genre. All you fucks mentioning WoW or WoW clones of any kind should be gassed
>>
>>316656432
Anon, you sound frustrated in the genre like I am, read this anon's post.
>>316655468

KEK nigga I played Black Desert Online during the closed betas and i played the recent build that's being launched in the US, they turned a game that was essentially Ultima Online into WoW with better combat
>>316656453

Read this post anon
>>316656624
>>316655468
>>
Super Hero/Villain sandbox MMO with crazy customization, EVE-like player interaction, and perma-death PvP.
>>
File: welcome_to_the_nhk.png (629 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
welcome_to_the_nhk.png
629 KB, 500x706
problem is the press button to form party is predominant in this genre and certainly not going away

thats it until a hero mmorpg comes that says fuck you, you want to beat this, you'll have to SOCIALIZE
>>
>>316656654
I'm sorry, I don't play console game made for little girls.
>>
>>316654561
this PLEASE!!!!
>>
>>316656908
Go play literally any Korean MMO
they're all grindy as fuck, which is apparently what you want.
>>
tfw you played star wars galaxies only in its death throes and fell in love with fucking every thing about the space aspect of the game and the exploration but all the emu servers care about is the ground content and older versions of the combat system
>>
File: shiggy.gif (805 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.gif
805 KB, 264x264
>>316655468
>star citizen
>>
>>316656821
I only ask because because GW1 wasnt really an MMO.
MMOs present a basic design issue which is how to get large numbers of players to work together but also create content that involves/requires large numbers while making them each feel an important role.
GW1 only ever had to deal with 4-8 (8-12 for raids) players at a time.
>>
>>316654054
I would literally be an MMO that just didn't have the shitty MMO combat, shitty infinite fetch quests, or infinite adds during boss fights, because fuck that. It would not only support KB+M, but gamepads, as well, and I would spend as much time and money developing a new, revolutionary gamepad for games like MMOs that need more inputs than what is available on today's controllers, and it would come bundled with the game.
>>
>>316657090
Bloodfin has JTL
SWG Reborn has a test server of Galaxies as of the day it closed. Launch soon. Check out the subreddit

>>316657114
I said might be good, and their test modules have been solid. At least wait until Arena Commander 2.0 to shitpost.

>>316657217
Read my post anon, any of these would suit you
>>316655468
>>
aion version 1.9
>>
Virtual Reality 4chan
>>
FFXI HD with enough players that you don't have to search 2 hours for a party.
>>
>>316654054

Focus on roleplaying, ie the players run everything. Complete freedom in what you can do with consequences and risk depending on what you do.

You can be the town guard or bounty hunter tracking down murderers and thieves.

You can be the farmer planting and cultivating crops.

You can run for office and even become mayor/king if you're popular enough, set taxes and laws.

All quests are delivered by real life people in need. Requests to gather materials or even contracts to kill other players.

No "endgame" gear what-so-ever. All gear has balanced stats that have negative and positive traits. High tier gear will require constant maintenance through through repairing with rare materials that must be stolen, quested for, hunted, mined ect. Same goes for weapons and tools.
>>
A game which encourages and rewards social interaction but also allows for a bit of solo experiences for character progression when you just don't have the time to do anything group based.
>>
probably some shit that plays like dragon nest or vindictus without the mission grind bullshit

also furries because fuck you
>>
>>316654164
Wildstar? Although it's more BC + tera gameplay desu
>>
File: KashyyykBantha-SWG.jpg (59 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
KashyyykBantha-SWG.jpg
59 KB, 500x600
>>316657284
thanks for the tips m8
>>
what are yall playing currently? Im jumping between dragomon hunter and pso2 to kill time until ToS goes into OBT

but these are all kind of just time wasters and i dont get much enjoyment from them
>>
>>316657603
>what are yall playing currently?

PSO2
>>
>>316657603
DFO
>>
>>316657603
Warhammer:RoR, tried ESO for a while but
>pvp without unit collision
>>
File: moonlight blade waifu.jpg (207 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
moonlight blade waifu.jpg
207 KB, 2560x1440
Jesus, sandbox anon is trying to save you from being plebeians and all you guys want is more of the same shit that's been shoveled down your throat for the last decade going on two.

Suit yourselves.

>>316655468
Don't let the dream die. I know what MMOs were like and what they were meant to become.
>>
everquest with 2015 graphics
>>
>>316657180
We could debate for hours over "if Guild Wars truly fits the MMO category" but it'll simply end in a stalemate. And trust me, I've been there quite a few times.

>>316657603
I'm playing DFO until ToS goes Open Beta.
>>
>>316657947
>literally describing every themepark ever made
Unless you're talking about some of the sandbox concepts it retained since it came slightly after UO, like vendors being locally stored so if you sold something to a vendor, it would be sold to anyone who visited that merchant.
>>
File: coh.jpg (42 KB, 250x368) Image search: [Google]
coh.jpg
42 KB, 250x368
I just want to bring this back.
>>
Something like Spore except not shit.

You start out as a caveman and you have to build and kill all kinds of primitive shit. As you level up you can build more advanced stuff and in the end you can make your own spaceship to conquer the galaxy with. You can also colonize planets which you'll have to protect from other people. You can build anything on the planets, literally anything, like a strip club for hot alien bitches, unless you of course prefer strip clubs in outer space. End-game ships will have FTL travel and a doom type laser that can obliterate a planet, so you'll have to protect your planets, or maybe colonize a planet from an obscure planet on the outskirts of the galaxy. The laser only has one charge a week though.

All star/planet types are in the game, and some stars are even in orbit with black holes You'll need specific gear you can craft yourself--provided you have the required resources if you want to survive the various harsh conditions space has to offer, such as the freezing temperatures of Europa or the scolding temperatures of Mercury.

You can create your own unique race and you can form alliances with other races and factions.

>tfw it will never happen in my lifetime
>>
>>316657960
Gotcha.
I picked it up again on Steam for $30 and, since I've been trying to play games with a more educated eye, I noticed how fewer players gives developers a lot of wiggle room with mechanics, a lot of certainty over what will be possible.

People bitch about GW2 but as far as mixing GW1's base appeal with the oh so popular "Tons of players on a map", they had some smart design decisions.
They had some shit ones too thoughjustfuckingadjustthedropratesforfucksakestwobluesandagreenareyoufuckingserious
>>
>>316655468
>star citizen
>the repopulation
I thought you had shit taste right there and then, but then you started shitting on EQ.

>>316657284
>bloodfin
and your taste got fucking worse.
enjoy playing a fucking broken version of JTL with only single seat fighters, and constant server wipes.
Whereas the Emu is actually stable, provides more and more stability upgrades, is more faithful to pre-CU, and doesn't have autistic OC content with terrible admins
>>
>>316658272
Enjoy playing your test server for the next ten years until Suncrusher

I'll play Bloodfin until then, where my character will be saved.

>Bloodfin
>character wipe
pick one
>>
vindictus

open world

nexon not included*
>>
The Secret World with good combat.
>>
File: zawarudo.png (356 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
zawarudo.png
356 KB, 500x375
>>316654054
>>
File: queen landwhale.png (40 KB, 1450x122) Image search: [Google]
queen landwhale.png
40 KB, 1450x122
>>316658475
Keep mooching off our code bby ;)
>>
>>316654054
hookers & blow
>>
It would promise to be WoW 2.0 and everyone who played it and everyone related to them would die
>>
>>316658975
That was back in April. They have backup procedures now.

I don't give a fuck about the code. I care about having something viably playable.
>>
A territorial FPS with constructible and destructible defenses and structures.
>>
File: heard you was talking shit.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
heard you was talking shit.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>316654054
Something that allows me to world pvp as a twink. Killing 58-60s as a 49 was fucking perfection.
>>
File: perfect blowjob height.jpg (751 KB, 936x1056) Image search: [Google]
perfect blowjob height.jpg
751 KB, 936x1056
Anyone playing the Blade & Soul beta? I'm enjoying it so far.
>>
>>316658245
When I first played GW2, I was a bit disappointed. I didn't get the amazement I had when I discovered the first game back in late spring 2005.

Though I did play GW2 quite a bit, my disappointment quickly turned into disgust due to where the game was headed towards.

The shitty writing.
The rape of the lore.
The pandering.
The cosmetic shop.
The salad worship.
No Cantha.
No Elona.
>>
>>316659528
Yeah, it's pretty good if all you want is "go to the guy with ! above his head and do what he says" kind of experience.
>>
>>316654054
Ultima Online
>>
>>316654054
I would keep it in development forever as I would now have infinite money and time.
>>
>>316659276
>viably playable
>laggy ass server with constant crashes and autistic landwhale developers that run around with maxed out items
>retardedly easy jedi
>15x xp
>viably playable
>hurr burr but at least it has atmospheric flight and broken one man JTL with no hyperdrive

have fun with your dev's landwhale wife admin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfq71Fz3iUE&t=97
>>
File: tumblr_lpzvhpFyNZ1qbbb74o1_1280.jpg (228 KB, 1280x828) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lpzvhpFyNZ1qbbb74o1_1280.jpg
228 KB, 1280x828
The "Perfect" MMO can't exist, however perfect types of MMOs can exist. I've got two ideas for two different MMOs I'd like to flesh out.

One is a Superhero MMO based in the Marvel Universe if possible, but placed in a unique and tongue in cheek cliche'd Silver Age superhero universe otherwise. The game would heavily focus on action combat with an emphasis on movement. It would almost be arcadey in it's execution with low cooldowns, a small amount of skills, and quick, but intense battles.

Characters would have access to multiple powersets or choose to focus on a single one with no difference in power between the two choices. The key is to give players the ability to be the hero they want to make with tons of costume choices. Players would also be able to edit their power emanation points, auras, colors, and missile appearance for every power. Each power would also have several enhancements that points can be spent in for players to get just the right character. Choosing to do this would cut down on the amount of skills needed to be made and balanced, but also give players a shit load of options when making their character.

Want to make Gambit or Cyclops with just the Energy Projection tree? They'd operate using the same base skills, but their choices in visual options and enhancements would change them dramatically. Say for example they both use the same three moves, Energy Bolt, a basic attack with no cooldown. Energy Blast, a short cooldown move with high single target damage. And Energy Fan, a short cooldown move with a wide attack arc for dealing damage to multiple targets. The Cyclops player chooses Eye Emanation, Red Color, and the Beam Missile with his moves and slots for Knockback and Piercing on his moves. The Gambit player chooses Hand Emanation, Purple Color, and the Card Missile with his moves and slots for AoE Explosion and Damage on his moves. Now the players look different and play different, but are using all the same moves.
>>
>>316659802
Shroud of the Avatar :^)

>>316659979
At least my character will be saved. I'm not even a fan of the server, I'm just waiting.
>>
>>316655056
EVE, Ultima, and SWG are all dogshit games to actually play and only faggots with nostalgia goggles fucking bolted to their temples bother playing them.
>>
>>316658245
>GW1's base appeal
What core part of GW1 was transitioned well into GW2 because I just don't fucking see it.
>>
WoW with no quests, open world, player killing, able to steal from other players via pickpocket or corpse looting, a justice system like Ultima Online's where 5 non-duel kills against lawful citizens brands you a murderer.
Events happen dynamically either by the admins, GMs, or player sponsored events also player housing and ship building to sail across oceans. No fucking flying mounts either.
>>
>>316660083
having a 15x xp character on a shitty server that mooches code with autistic admins is hardly "saved"

it's going to be years until suncrusher comes out and basilisk is one of the most stable servers out there

but have fun with your easy jedi autism server where it's ridiculously easy to get fucking everything so the market is fucked, which was about half the game

having a bloodfin character is about as valid as having a character on an instant max level WoW private server with shit code
>>
Star wars MMO set in the prequel republic era with no jedi playable.

Combat will be active like third person shooter style.

EVE style skill training, so no classes. You just choose to become proficient in what you want to.

Your skills are essentially your equipment.

You want jump jets? Get a jet pack.
You want a sniper? Take a sniper rifle
You want melee? Get vibroblades.
You wanna be a pilot? Learn how to fly.
>>
>>316660340
>WoW
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: disgust.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>316660516
>prequel republic era
>third person shooter with mmo latency
>>
POKEMON
POKEMON JOBS
ENABLE POKEMON SNAP AS WELL
PVP IS POKEMON STADIUM
MOUNT YOUR POKES

GUYS
POKEMON
>>
>>316660516
You literally described Star Wars Galaxies, except the time period is different.

Why in the fuck would you want prequel era? Why not set it between 3/4 like Galaxies or after 6?
>>
>>316660718
Original trilogy era is a shit setting because it's not really flexible, especially now that all the EU stuff is non canon.

If you don't do third person shooter mechanics then your only other alternative is hot key combat which is really assy.

Maybe you can do something like choosing your target and then just spam the shoot button and let the rest of it be dice rolls and rng.
>>
Planetside 2 but its optimized for AMD cpus
>>
>>316660872
I think before episode 1 is a solid setting, no out right war lot's of potential for enemies, basically just lot's of small conflicts.
>>
>>316661089
>shit setting
>not really flexible
>an entire galaxy
>not really flexible

>only other alternative is hot key combat
Yes, let's ignore games that have successful active combat like Tera and Wildstar.
>>
>>316661089
Why wouldn't you do after 6 when there are literally no jedi and there are no pre-conceptions of what happened in that time then you retard?

>>316661183
If you're going to have player versus player combat, you want two major factions with the ability to create your own or go neutral. After 6 is perfect for that.
>>
>>316654054
Make an mmo
with fluid combat
and no cool downs
and not a bazillion hours of grinding
and not p2w
MIND IS BLOWN
>>
>>316660516
I'd like to make an MMO similar to this, but set in a new universe. Nothing against Star Wars, but I wouldn't make a Star Wars MMO without Jedi. I'd also set it in a "frontier" section of space with lots of factions and races struggling to set bases on these new planets for their resources and the relics found there. Call it generic, but it'd allow for a sandbox type space MMO where you have the choice of several planets in several solar systems located in the outer arms of a spiral galaxy. There'd be no going back to the home planets and the world would depend on what the players themselves build.

Essentially you'd start in warp ship designed specifically for transporting large amounts of people through galactic slingshots. Upon arrival there's no going back and you're shuttled down onto the initial planet which is a declared neutral zone and has little value in terms of galactic interest, it's mainly for pilgrims. From there you're on your own. Maybe a skippable tutorial showing the basics of the game like how to use cover, the benefits of standing, crouching, and proning, how to craft basic things. And other such game related nonsense. After a short time on the planet you can build your first Aerial/Sidereal ship that can take you from planet to planet, but is a weak combatant and awkward to fly in atmosphere.
>>
>>316661315
Because Jedi are still really great NPC's and the jedi order can still be an NPC faction for stuff.

Also why have 2 factions? That's awful fucking design, Just let all players kill each other, align with whoever they want.
>>
File: repopulation skills.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
repopulation skills.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
>>316661380
This doesn't fucking work, because unless you have WoW numbers, you'll have a small playerbase across multiple planets?

The Repopulation got this right. This type of gameplay on a single planet.
>>
>>316658018
>calling Everquest a Themepark MMO
>>
>>316661527
Yeah, but then you wouldn't have fun shit like different gravity and different environments. But yeah, you're right. There's no way to make a game like that unless you had a shitload of players.
>>
I have thought about It.

Barelly no grind. Super low level caps, if levels at all. Literally hundreds of classes and fighting stiles. Frenetic gameplay, ranging from dmc to tribes ascend. Like, copy the game play, powers and skills of every other game amd throw It in, let It balance Itself.

Let people organize clans, build their own fortress and defend It. Massive gvg. People building, breaching, hacking. Destroying, sapping, self destruction shit and traps.

To build, you need resources, have farmers, merchants, explorers.

The closer your fortress It to the Main City, the more resources It have, but more people see It and want to pillage It. If yoy can handle It, It means you are Strong.

The objective is to take the Main City from the King, the GM, that have nearly infinite resources.

A season take from a few days to a couple weeks, and then everything resets and the winner takes the Main City and is the King for the next season.

It is basicly a very long and crazy 4X game match in which every single soldier, Explorer, scout, Farmer and merchant is a real player.

What do you think?
>>
WiiU / PC Yokai Watch Busters game with Random Dungeons, every time you log in it throws you into a random (differently laid out version of the town) and assigns one of the houses to you as your home, brings in home customization etc.

You create a character, house and can find Yokai in the world who give you quests to befriend them.

Then you team up with your buddies for dungeons / raids / Hanging out in the hotspring etc.

Voice chat, frequent updates adding new yokai and event dungeons.
>>
>>316661486
Because if you're going to have it based in the Star Wars universe, there's going to be two sides. That's how the Star Wars universe works.

Why wouldn't you want the Jedi Order extinct, the last Jedi in hiding and two factions struggling for power in a game where you're just a person living in that universe?

That sounds like it's ideal for your type of design.
>>
>>316661698
Crowfall
>>
>>316661673
Star Citizen is your best hope.

>>316661651
Everquest retained a lot of what made Ultima Online fantastic, but it also was the beginning of the end for the genre.

>>316661698
Crowfall
>>
>>316654054
what the hell is pic supposed to be? looks just like wow but the avatars are chibi?
>>
>>316658973
mah nigga
>>
>>316661527
>>316661673
why not make the main house and farming areas be on one planet, and then have combat zones and public instances be on other planets, possibly moons to force players together?
>>
>>316662603
Why not have everything on one planet to raise tensions and stakes so that content is constantly contested and forces meaningful player interaction?
>>
>>316661698
dude epic and then everyone can be half-angel half demons to fight each other kind of like devil may cry and then you can build robots to fight each other in robot suits like mech warrior but it will also have estus from dark souls and platinum games ranking systems, and also have the climbing and pawn system from dragons dogma
oo also have ship combat from rogue squadron but make it so ships are permadeath but then you can make your own classes like in city of heroes and there will be millions of players and it will be funded forever and free expanion packs and no monthly payment system and it will have perfect latency
>>
>>316661801
>>316661834

What.

WHAT

>It actually exists

Do we have any idea if It is good? Cause if It plays as I said, I thini I found my dream game. I literally think about this concept for about 5 years now
>>
>>316662773
because you can get the same effect by having multiple smaller zones with each having their own focus on content?
>>
>>316662943
it's a kickstarter that will turn up like shit full of broken promises and an inevitable dying playerbase. your "concept" is a really autistic unrealistic "lets mash everything i like from every game and i'm sure it will all work out!" "balancing hundreds of classes will work just fine!" shit
>>
>>316654054
It would be a VRMMO
>>
>>316662951
but anon, you don't fucking get it. You run out of content. Now, if you create systems that accommodate meaningful player interaction, you'll never run out of content as long as you have players.

I don't expect anyone that hasn't played Galaxies/EVE/UO to understand since it's so radically different, but it doesn't work. That's why every MMO dies. It takes longer for the content to be created than it takes the player to breeze through it.
>>
>>316654054
Class system like Tree of Savior, but more valid choices
Live combat system like tera
Raids like Vanilla WoW
Pvp open world like TERA, battlegrounds like WoW's alterac valley
Crafting like Runescape/albion online
Market like Albion but with a linked, global AH
Guilds like something i havent seen before, but with a guild having a wide variety of options to "purchase", with each and every decision being ideal for a certain type of guild model
>>
>>316663229
galaxies had multiple zones and worked generally okay you raging autist, so does eve online, and both of thoses had zones with different content focuses (pve vs pvp zones)
protip: even galaxies had content issues at endgame, EVE online mitigates this by having content be player worth and interaction.
>>
>>316663330
>raids like vanilla wow

MC was shit senpai

and so was farming resist gear
>>
>>316663454
MC was arduous, but ZG, Scholo, Start, and BWL were 10/10. Hell, even the mind numbing LBRS was amazing, and BRD was fun if you had a good team with you
>>
>>316663330
Wait.... You're referencing Albion, so obviously you've experienced a classless MMO, why would you want classes and progression and content like a "traditional" MMO such as World of Warcraft?

>>316663383
Did you even play Galaxies? Do you not remember the massive planets with nothing but empty spaces, abandoned player ghost towns and the only players hanging out in cantinas and on Tattooine?

One planet is ideal.
>>
>>316658272
What's wrong with The Repopulation?
>>
>>316658973
yes please
>>
>>316663591
that was only because galaxies had fuckhuge maps, multiple smaller zones wouldn't affect the playerbase and would allow for bigger content segregation, similar to EVE online, but I don't see you complaining about the latter's vast tracks of empty maps with populated areas either.
>>
>>316663651
Don't mind him, he's defending ~MUH NOSTALGIA~
>>
>>316655468
Want to add Camelot Unchained to your list. Not even a PVP kind of player but
>Those classes
>Those races
>That lore

I have never subbed for a game and it looks like that game might change it.
>>
File: Amphi-Rome.png (435 KB, 2107x1540) Image search: [Google]
Amphi-Rome.png
435 KB, 2107x1540
>>316654054
>set in a mythical version of the Roman Empire just before its peak
>players choose one of three starting points in either Africa, the Gaul frontier or Roman countryside
>magic system is based on praying to Roman, Egyptian and Gallic gods for miracles
>three individual main campaigns for each of the three dominions
>e.g. for Rome you uncover and stop an ancient cult from summoning a titan
>>
>>316663591
because classes can be a positive thing if implemented right, like how RO and ToS did it.
>>
>>316663591
Because classless makes the game drull. When all it takes is a quick swap to leather chestpiece to be a stealthy rogue wielding a 2h axe just made the game broken beyond repair

That and stat distribution become worthless after tier 5, since you were met with a grim reality of you not being able to be a tier 10 2h sword wielder because you spent 2 tiers worth of points on being able to smelt iron
>>
>>316663748
EVE is a fucking space game with a single shard that uses very few resources server-side.

>>316663807
Never got into DAoC but I've heard it looks pretty good for people who are into that PVP-centric experience. Wish you guys the best.

>>316663846
I've never seen a game manage classes well and I've played dozens of MMOs. I like classless because you're not locked in, there still needs to be stat distribution, Albion's "you are what you wear" system is interesting but would only work for that game.
>>
>>316657603
Star Trek Online mostly. Head into LoTRO sometimes but leveling is getting annoying
>>
I've been watching camelot unchained. I really hope it isn't shit when it comes out.
>>
>>316658973

Came here to post this desu senpai.

I have my own original ideas but The World as presented in .hack//SIGN and the quadrilogy captures a lot of the spirit of what I'm going for so it's easier to just echo it than write out a largely redundant post.

Only change I'd add is the addition of an Arena a la The World:R2. In-game stadium with live commentary and all. The Guild and Guild Shop mechanics from R2 are good too.
>>
>>316664023
>i have never played RO or ToS and therefore I know nothing about their class system and shouldn't be complaining about something I know jack shit about
There, saved you the time.
>>
>>316654054
never finished.

Thanks for the money.
>>
>>316664023
EVE also has large tracts of it's playable map virtually unused and generally empty of players, segregation between PVE and PVP, the very things you were complaining about.
>>
>>316664023
I don't think you've played either Albion or ToS

Albions armor sets are already cookie cut. You were the leather chest piece for the free stealth and regen, and carry heavy weapons to do instant hard damage as you pop out of stealth

ToS classes need a lot of polishing, but so far, each class offers something unique to the main branch, without making the classes broken. Obviously, since its a beta, classes like corsairs and paladins are enjoying the cookie cut too, but its been promised to be fixed by IntOBT
>>
I don't really feel there is anymore potential in the Massively Multiplayer part of MMOs. Having so many people on at once kills any chance of having combat with impact and hitstun it just boils down to some variation of WoW combat. My dream MMO would have instanced games like Diablo or GW1 so there would be less lag and you could have true action combat that relied more on player skill than stats. Sure there would still be stats and numbers, but since there would be elements like hitstun and active dodging (not that every seven second kind of dodge like GW2 or Wildstar). You could also dual class so there would be a better variety of builds but you would also have to build your character to focus on certain kinds of skills or gameplay so you couldn't be a jack-of-all-trades (you could try to build like that but to compensate for being versatile you would also be weaker than someone who specialized). Also no forced tank/healer/dps roles, while you can build a character like that since there is active dodging and hitstun you are more responsible for yourself than anyone else.
>>
Camelot Unchained is looking good.. in theory. I donated to it years back, and I'm in the Alpha and it's... rough. The ideas and everything are top notch but if they don't sort out the feedback and animations and "feel" of the engine it's all going to waste.

Cautiously pessimistic, I really want it to be good but I don't bother playing the Alpha right now. In it's current state it's pretty bleh. Promising as fuck though.

Played DAoC for like 5 years from 2001 to 2006.
>>
>>316664416
Yeah, I totally didn't play Albion and I totally wasn't the leader of the Goon guild that took over half of the map during the summer alpha.

I'm just saying that I've never seen a class system done well outside of Galaxies and UO, where there were no classes, just professions that could be swapped at any time with a large investment of effort and time put in.
>>
>>316665297
>goon
Stopped reading right there.
Go back to your shitty reddit-tier site.
>>
>>316654054
TOS, but less linear and even more monsters
>>
>>316665387
I look forward to raping and pillaging your shitty little place you call a village anon
>>
>>316665456
haha epic goon squad something awful raid i LOVE RAIDING haha check out this joke image i found
>>
>>316665297
Is Albion any good?
>>
>>316665297
Remove Lowcat's shitters! I blame Jap Moot for the fact that these people are in
>>
>>316665560
Very. It's $30 to get into the alpha and it's coming out in February/March of 2016.
>>
>>316662943

>bunch of different classes
>can't freely switch between them with 1 character
game is shit m8
>>
I'd just bring wizardry online back to the west.
I loved it.
>>
I would be perfectly happy with a game that had the mechanics of FFXI, took place in a virtual representation of Earth that is 1:1, and had the races from FFXIV but with character creation from Black Desert Online with the underwear options of Vindictus.
>>
File: Vanguard_Saga_of_Heroes.jpg (58 KB, 337x480) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard_Saga_of_Heroes.jpg
58 KB, 337x480
This but without a buggy launch and better graphics sans Oblivion potato faces
>>
>>316665560
yeah it's great, i play it on my phone all the time
>>
>>316665862
>1:1 Earth
>10 million players at most
kek enjoy your dead game
>>
>>316665961

I'll force the world government to throw every poor person into it against their will.

Keeps them from reproducing, and gives them a use.
>>
>>316665862
>that had the mechanics of FFXI
angrily shuffle at shit until you've got enough TP to fucking do SOMETHING finally

sit the fuck down and wait for something to fucking happen while you regen MP
fuck out of here good god
>>
>>316666169
There you go. Good game anon.

Check out Identity, it's Altis/Cherno Life standalone. Essentially what Grand Theft Auto Online should have been.
>>
File: tumblr_m3ceqp636b1qd0a7t.gif (100 KB, 195x244) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3ceqp636b1qd0a7t.gif
100 KB, 195x244
My ideas are probably shit cause I don't really play many MMOs.

t'll play more like a mash-up of 3D Zelda and Crystal Chronicles.

You engage in combat with a set of ~4 commands and can only access those (think Zelda face-buttons, maybe extend it a bit so there's a PSO-command setup). This is perhaps in place of a more formal class system- your skill deployment and personal stat allocation matters more than your "class", so to speak.

Battles revolve around a musical "tempo" system, players get bonuses for unleashing attacks/spells/techniques/whatever on the beat and with the rhythm. (perhaps the tempo is derived by a person the party elects as the leader, perhaps by the enemies encountered).

Spells will require uninterrupted input akin to Ocarina / Wind Waker in Zelda, no "hit a button and wait" cast times. Perhaps offer a bonus for each "note" of the spell being on the beat as well, perhaps more if they take up more time.

Have a Tales-of-esque "CC" gauge, which is tied to Dodging/Attacking/Techniques. Basically, anything you do in combat requires CC. But, as your CC lowers, the damage you take increases, so if you wail too hard against an opponent without taking time to recover, you will start to take even more damage if/when you get hit. It regenerates with each "beat" of the song.
>>
>>316665727

looked great until I saw "premium account"
>>
>>316667806
25% progression bonus that stops being valuable when your progression has stopped (in under a month)

Why is this an issue?
>>
>>316666218
>I was bad at the game
>therefore everyone was
Nigger, you had to swap gear every 2-3 seconds as a melee to play best.
And if you ever bothered soloing shit on BLM or RDM, it's exhilarating.
>>
>>316667947

>player economy
>money bonus
>>
>>316668257
>player economy
>full loot
someone buys something you want, kill them, take it, problem solved.
>>
>>316668257
EVE and UO's currency had real world value. What's wrong with this? I could easily put in a thousand dollars into PLEX and become massively successful.
>>
XCOM MMO that works like a mix of the XCOM shooter and the normal one. You play a modern day agent checking out spooky stuff

PCs would work as a mix of intel and command officers. When the mutons and other kinds of too big starts to pop up the game would take on a classic XCOM styled gameplay
>>
>>316668867
i'd play this
>>
>>316655056
This is the best post, nothing he said is wrong. I haven't played the games he mentioned but I get the idea. The whole point of MMO is that you have many players at the same time. Something you don't have in any other genre in video games. The best you ever get in other genres is an arena with a bunch of players beating the shit out of each other but not this massive world with thousands of people on it.

Developers haven't used that to their advantage at all. They just make these shitty games with quest marker, dungeon finder, pvp and slap it all together calling it a video game. It's not a complete fucking video game, it's a bunch of mundane tasks and parts of other video games that don't work well together.

The whole point of multiplayer is long gone since there is thousands of games that do that, but the idea of doing something with thousands of people at the same time is still something you could use. Other than that, the MMO genre is dead if you don't have some indie fuckers making these games. The best ideas nowdays come from these people, not from the people that hold the money to make MMO's. Hell, even Blizzard couldn't make a new MMO and they could probably buy their own country and crown themselves kings with the amount of money they have.
>>
File: 1444959611302.jpg (383 KB, 1165x1155) Image search: [Google]
1444959611302.jpg
383 KB, 1165x1155
>>316658050
Well it won't ever come back because Korea haet whitey
Everything from Architect onwards sucked farts out anyway
>>
File: goggles.jpg (26 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
goggles.jpg
26 KB, 457x480
>>316654054
runescape tier exploration/sandbox and player interaction
guild wars tier skill customization and PvP
>>
Stalker MMO

>Chernobyl 1:1 size with extra shit, you can enter all buildings and there is a big and complex underground
world
>1000 players on 1 server
>character gets removed when you die
>join any faction at the start, factions like duty and freedom has a player cap
>no quests, go stalk
>>
>>316671368

>Not liking Architect
>Not using Architect to farm
>Not using Architect to make an elaborate, interactive backstory of your character
>Not using Architect to play alternate-dimension timelines of events, like if Statesman hadn't died or if he and Lord Recluse became buddies again
>>
>>316654054
Some time ago I played a fan made Fallout Online game based on f2 and it was pretty good. So I guess it would be just like F2 with all the freedom and survival. Building and crafting system from F4 so that players can build their own cities on wastelands and do whatever the fuck they want. Arrange caravans, rob other's caravans, build cities, pack a gang and fuck cities up, become a retarded junkie who would suck a dick for a can of jet, become a jet-manufacturer to get your dick sucked by retarded junkies and everything else you can think of. Get players into unfriendly wasteland and give them tools to play however they want. That I'd play.
The thing about most mmorpgs is that they're not really rpgs in its truest sense. You can't properly play any character you want there -always will be A-Hero-In-Shining-Armor-Protector-Of-The-Realm kind of bullshit.
>>
Large dense environments that give a good combination of exploration and combat that are fully instanced where the only other adventures you see are other party members.
Large hub towns where you can see all the other players.
Monster hunter based crafting / progression instead of leveling and skills.
Basically a big and better Monster Hunter on PC.
>>
>>316654429
It would be interesting to see a map that was sprawled out vertically and horizontally, as opposed to just horizontally. A simulation of a whole city, with so much interactivity that you could enter every single building, for example.
>>
>>316673850
sounds good. The first GW did the world in this style where you had the world only for you and your party. It was also pretty fucking big and exploring it for quests, lore and enemies to use capture skill was amazing.
>>
I'd just put all that money into Square Enix's Shinra Technologies, that shit looks like the future to me. It's the only way an MMO can possibly have any advanced and complex mechanics in an MMO capacity.
>>
File: 1429205762477.jpg (806 KB, 1500x1408) Image search: [Google]
1429205762477.jpg
806 KB, 1500x1408
I would make a MMO about a world with bugs/spiders/arthropod people, except their world is just a backyard of someone's house. The backyard is also connected to a forest for more exploration and the trees are like skyscrapers to these bugs. I would either use SWG's profession system or Guild Wars 1's skill system, or a combination of both. The crafting and the economy will be playerbase, like EvE and SWG. Faction would be based on their color but I don't know yet. The expansion would include the house, the sewer, the forest, the play ground, etc. The combat style would be similar to TERA if the player chose to fight and they are allow to take up profession not relating to combat, like doctors and musician like SWG.

>>316674153
Those are call instancing and they're pretty great because it's easy for the world to change whatever you did in that world, like when all the Afflicted are gone after you pass a certain point in the Wind of Change.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (223 KB, 761x529) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
223 KB, 761x529
ill use the money to invent a time machine and go back to 2004 and enjoy once again the greatest MMO community there ever was,
>>
>>316675682
Why not go back further and try out SWG or Everquest 1 right at their start?
>>
more guild wars 1
>>
>>316675682
>al kharid

For what purpose.
>>
>>316677949
the prince of al-kharid was throwing celebrations over the destruction of the wizard tower of course
>>
File: im fine cry.jpg (45 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
im fine cry.jpg
45 KB, 240x200
>>316655253
man..
>>
I just want an MMO that actually focuses on grouping. I fucking hate the trend of soloing all content until endgame. The world should be fucking dangerous and right now no MMO world feels dangerous.
>>
Wow, so many faggots there. I just want a simply game with over9000 levels, unlimited armors and weapons, many interesting areas filled with monsters. Oh, and I want it to be played with mouse + simply pressing 1-9 buttons for skills, that's all. Too bad nowadays people want/make stupid wow-clone games with too many stupid quests followed by nobody.
>>
Genuine sandbox gameplay
95% of the game's content will be player-made
Player-made quests with pay
No classes but you can shape characters to fit certain jobs like hunter, cook, animal breeder, etc.
Will not try to bring down or compete with other popular mmo's
set up shop
be a mercenary for hire
a detective
a street urchin
a spy and sell information
a wizard
a shaman
an animal of your choosing
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.