[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Open world >Exploration based >Great aesthetic >Dynamic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20
File: zelda u.jpg (90 KB, 1016x568) Image search: [Google]
zelda u.jpg
90 KB, 1016x568
>Open world
>Exploration based

>Great aesthetic
>Dynamic environment
>Wildlife everywhere, everything feels alive

>You can can have different kinds of swords and shields like in Skyward sword

>Map is HUGE

>Link is a badass with a hood now

Nintendo really is going all out with Zelda U.
Is it the next GOTY?
>>
It's not out yet you shit why are you asking this

but yes it probably will be
>>
>>316653217
>>Link is a badass with a hood now
I think it's hinting to an equipment system
>>
Most people grew up and just play Elder Scrolls now.
>>
What will you do when Link is revealed to be a girl in this one?
>>
>>316653217
>different kinds of swords like in Skyward sword
I'm interested the Link appears to not just be limited to middling steps towards the Master Sword
>>
>>316653690
nope most people grew up with a ps2
>>
>>316653217
without a doubt hopefully they add different weapon types like spears and crossbows or something
>>
File: Link LOZ1.jpg (28 KB, 320x552) Image search: [Google]
Link LOZ1.jpg
28 KB, 320x552
>>316653541
>I think it's hinting to an equipment system
I think we're just getting the Storage and Pouch system from SS but with the twist that the storage is all in the horse's saddlebags.

It may even be applicable to subweapons. He has his goddamn bow on his model. When has Link ever shown items on his person?
>>
>>316653774
Shrug. Laugh at the tumblrfags who feel they've accomplished something.
>>
>>316653541
I wish they would add more RPG elements like this but honestly after Skyward Sword it feels like Nintendo just hates depth. I know Miyamoto said he doesn't like casuals now but we still haven't seen any hint of this in any games Nintendo's made recently.
>>
>>316653541
>>316653808
>>316654063

I think they will go this way and expand on the item system from skyward sword with all the upgrades and stuff.

Zelda games need more RPG elements to them
>>
>nintendo game
>goty

Never. Sonydrones will shitpost it to oblivion then demand bloodborne 2: buy more dlc edition be the goty
>>
>>316653217
>Open world
>Map is huge

And how is this exactly good?
>>
>>316654687
Because the original game was designed this way and it was good.
They never could replicate this feeling in 3D zelda games but this might be it.
>>
>>316654479
You can't use DLC as a con anymore, Nintendo fans love it now.
>>
>>316653217
>I never played the full released game but i just believe the prepreprealphas
>>
File: 1405447615994.jpg (142 KB, 1249x684) Image search: [Google]
1405447615994.jpg
142 KB, 1249x684
>>316654916
>nintendo starts doing dlc shit
>so its good that other companies do it
>>
>>316654479
>b-but Sony

Why do so many Nintendo fans think Nintendo vs Sony is a thing? They aren't even in the same league. Also, what stops Xbox fans and PC fans from pointing out a shitty Nintendo game?
>>
>>316655204
You're literally saying "It's okay when Nintendo does it" right now.
>>
>>316653217

>open world
>map is huge

That doesnt really mean anything...
especially in Zelda which isn't an RPG and has no loot system. The overworlds were just places to hide heart pieces.
>>
>>316653217
Can't wait to play it on the NX
>>
>>316655204

nintendo's DLC was actually good

ie. Mario kart 8 dlc

>Game actually feels complete with a very healthy amount of tracks and content, on-par with any other mario kart game

>DLC added a shitload of tracks at a reasonable price

DLC is fine if it's done well, and isn't just cut content from the original game.
>>
>describes MGSV

devs tend to promise a lot...
>>
God dammit I need it

shiggy pls
>>
>>316655338

it's a game about exploration you want it to feel vast and open.
>>
>>316653217
None of that sounds like GOTY material, it just sounds like a bunch of stuff that could end up being either good or bad (except the great aesthetic [that's just good]). Please don't get hyped over nothing, Anons.
>>
>>316655784
Why? Most of my favorite games to explore have smaller maps because they're more packed with interesting content and there's less uninteresting travel.
>>
>>316653217
>still looks empty as fuck
i'm scared, /v/
>>
>>316653217
Honestly sounds tempting. I've not really been into Zelda since the jump to 3D because there was a huge downturn in the exploration and free roaming aspect that drew me to the first one. Still played them, but wasn't the same.

>>316654687
Because that is how NES Zelda was for its day. Was fun as fuck. Should be here too if they don't fuck it up with boring amounts of rolling to get places.

>>316653774
Doesn't really matter as it changes nothing. Been done before in Japan. And always felt bad many of the game playing girls who often just played games due to older brothers not the attention shit of the Xbox girls rarely had a character to identify to in that way, they didn't care much though.
>>
>>316655530
I hate this "but Nintendo's is good!" thing

They did it well that one time. The rest of the times they've done it have been average to bad.
>>
>>316656731
>ever since they went 3D all the overworlds have always been useless and empty
>now they're making a make huge empty over world
>/v/ is suppose to convince me that this is a good thing
>>
>>316656435
I agree but maybe they are not going for a compact game and pacing.

Maybe the game will feel like shadow of the colossus or wind waker where travelling the world is atmospheric and mysterious,
>>
>>316656787
>Because that is how NES Zelda was for its day. Was fun as fuck. Should be here too if they don't fuck it up with boring amounts of rolling to get places.

No it wasn't. Zelda 1 was pretty small but dense with secrets, and Zelda 2 wasn't particularly big but it had less secrets and that made it dull to play. Even if the NES games were big saying "the NES games did it and they were good" isn't good enough.
>>
>>316657109
why isn't it good enough? Zelda 1 is literally the Citizen Kane of video games.
>>
File: Link on a horse.jpg (400 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Link on a horse.jpg
400 KB, 1024x768
>>316654458
A good many of the upgrades from SS were just minor changes, and were beholden the collection system, which I feel was pretty poorly manifested. But I'd also like Link to not be given the same fucking things all the time. I'd actually like the game more if there was a system of visual changes was an example of a persistent Adventure mechanic.

Maybe Link starts in a green jerkin, but he's wearing these blue clothes in all the teasers because he fought the giant Like-Like boss from dungeon 4 without doing a side quest or bringing an item that would've let him reclaim it after it was taken during the intro cutscene.
Maybe there's not a sliding array of 9 better shields. Maybe Link is just carrying the first he found of several in the game. And all the design shows is Link got his shield off the dead knight found in one of the dungeons instead of buying one from the two shops, or doing a favor for an old man to get his old shield, or playing a minigame and winning one as a reward, or doing a quest for a blacksmith and having a new one forged.
Maybe Link could find several bows, and again only hangs onto the first? Maybe it was a shortbow that was a gift from his uncle, a supposedly magical longbow he bought from a squat man in a hut that was built onto the back of an ox shoddily covered in tar and feathers to look like a giant Cucco, or maybe he gets a crossbow from one of the cities he visits because it's a fad or a status symbol there and the shop didn't sell any bows.
Maybe Link can get a trained horse at a market for 900 rupees, or he can use the whip to try to tame a wild horse, or maybe he can promise to marry a specific girl to receive a different horse as a dowry.

I'd like to see this "open world' game like it wasn't designed with sequential paths to the only items of their kind in Hyrule for Link to have, or for the same things to be available everywhere and everything to be mass produced.
>>
>>316653217
>Great aesthetics
lol. The game looks like shit, and not because of cel-shading (which isn't helping)

LOL. He looks effeminate as fuck.

I can't wait to see Nintendo fuck up another Zelda game. Aonuma is a hack and needs to fucking go.
>>
File: 1439093740703.jpg (60 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1439093740703.jpg
60 KB, 479x720
>>316657670
>>
>>316654913
>Because the original game was designed this way

It was also designed to have threatening enemies everywhere, and things to find. So far we've seen nothing but emptiness, just like 95% of all "open-world" games.
>>
>>316657109
No, Zelda 1 was fucking huge relative to other games at the time as was Zelda 2.

Games like Megaman and Metroid may have spanned many levels and FF may have had some decent size maps, but overall most NES games were very tiny.

And it wasn't about the size, which they did have in generous proportion relative to most of the NES library, but the ability to simply wander around and have the desire to wander around every time you got a new item for something new to find.

Contrast to say OoT, which I hated doing anything before getting the horse, because the backtracking in it was a lot less fun from much less reward. Likely due to the density of secrets you eluded too for Zelda 1 not being present in. And TP I liked, but it was pretty on rails for a lot of the game and even WW felt the need to cut down on that sailing in its remake with good reason.

If its a rich full world that makes me want to poke around under every rock again then it will be a great thing for it.

If it is a vast wasteland of fuck all on the scale of 1 - Bethesda then it too can eat a dick.
>>
>>316657670
LOL. He looks effeminate as fuck.
>I don't understand that link is just a self-insert for the player
>>
File: 1389030548572.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1389030548572.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>great aesthetic
>those shadows on the horse
>>
Why is zelda blue???
>>
>>316657503
Exploration in a challenging top-down 2D game with moving screens and four directions of movement isn't the same as riding around a modern open-world on Epona.
>>
>>316657670
Link has always looked pretty effeminate dude, either from being portrayed as young or from being elf-ish.
>>
>>316657828
>No, Zelda 1 was fucking huge relative to other games at the time as was Zelda 2.
No they weren't. The Legend of Zelda 2 was 1/80th the size of Ultima 1 a game that came out 6 years before it and 5 years before the original Legend of Zelda. The size isn't what made it special; its scope is.
>>
>>316658135
it's called technical improvement
>>
>>316657828
>No, Zelda 1 was fucking huge relative to other games at the time
>relative to other games at the time
>>
has there been new gameplay recently or are you fucks just extrapolating shit from what was shown in five seconds from the new direct
>>
>>316658389
>I have autism
>>
>>316658359
I don't care what you want to call it, the fact of the matter is that exploration objectively isn't the same between the two.
>>
>>316658521
>"zelda having a vast open world is fine because the original zelda did that and it was awesome!!!"

>"ok but the original zelda would be considered tiny today and the new zelda is going to be much bigger"

>"u have autism"
>>
>>316658774
of course it's not. They can still try to take inspiration from it. Zelda 1 is more than just fighting enemies.
>>
>>316659643
If they were to take inspiration from the whole and elevate the concept that would be fine, but two crucial components of the original zelda were difficulty and the density of secrets scattered throughout the world

it's not going to be difficult because it's 2016 nintendo, and it's not going to have a density of secrets because it's a vast 3d open-world that expects you to travel across huge distances on horseback or via menu inputs

so now we're just left with an emphasis on exploration with everything that made it meaningful removed

see?
>>
I'll get excited when I see the overworld is more Zelda 1 and less Skyrim for myself.
>>
>>316658915
>zelda 1 was considered big for his time.

>zelda 2015 is considered big for his time

same shit
>>
>>316658476
Fun fact: gamexplain can extrapolate an entire game from a blurry two seconds trailer of a game filmed with a toaster. They have already deduced every single dungeon in zelda u but nintendo prevents them from saying it.
>>
File: 1334546929212.jpg (54 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
1334546929212.jpg
54 KB, 800x804
>People unironically believe all the footage they've seen on Zelda U hasn't been captured on NX
>>
>>316658345
Comparing a PC game to a NES game. Its not the same type of game, its not the same type of system, and they aren't really that comparable.

I specifically mentioned relative to the NES library for a reason. I even agree with you about the 'scope' or density of things in the world.

If they blow it and make it fucking empty like many of the previous 3D titles it will suck. But coming off games often had only one screen or a handful of levels, Zelda was god damn huge to many gamers at the time.
>>
>>316660295
no, it's not the same shit at all, zelda 1 wasn't good because it had a big world, it was good because it used its space to incentivize exploration in a palatable way so the player could alleviate difficulty by becoming more powerful through accessing content

was it big by the standards of the time? yes, but it was big because it needed to be big in order to justify the amount of content it had
>>
>>316660941
THAT'S NOT ME!!! THAT'S AN IMPOSTOR!!!
>>
>>316660147
>so now we're just left with an emphasis on exploration with everything that made it meaningful removed

Zelda 1 was ultra simplistic. You mostly killed enemies, pressed switches, shoot things.

Now you can kill enemies, press switchs, shoot things, ride a horse, push blocks, lift things, interact with NPCs, watch the cutscenes, use a parachute...
>>
>big ass greatsword

They better don't force me to use the master sword
>>
File: Magical Sword.jpg (11 KB, 386x307) Image search: [Google]
Magical Sword.jpg
11 KB, 386x307
>>316662727
I pray the Master Sword breaks and gets thrown in a volcano which suddenly flys off into space in this game.

I'm sick of looking at the damn thing.
>>
>>316662218
>implying you couldnt push block or interact with npcs in Zelda 1
>>
>>316662727

>Magical Sword makes a return

Yes please.
>>
>>316660941
Well sorry I didn't consider the entire reply ascendancy but ... I just think it's an incredible argument to focus on what was done "ever" and "of the time" without considering what had already been done. Yes Ultima isn't realtime, and yes Ultima 1 was never on the NES. It's not the same accomplishment but it was a smaller game file running on systems with a fifth of the power of the NES. And Ultima 3 was ported to the NES with a larger overworld than Ultima 1. The world size wasn't a limiting factor.

But I still can't embrace a level of impression at all for Zelda 2 being impressive. Again not totally equitable but the overworld was comparable in setup to most RPGs of the era, and it was not particularly dense in the way LOZ1 was made, nor large or impressive in its interactivity. I actually feel that's why that one wound up in the wastebin instead of having sequels of its own or spinoffs in its style.
>>
>>316662218
You can do all of that fancy stuff in the non open-world games, and none of those things would be improved in an open-world except the parachute.
>>
>>316653217
>Nintendo really is going all out with Zelda U.
Howso?
>>
>>316653774
Be upset that they ruined a gaming icon to please thirsty virgin dudes and stupid tumbrina gals.
>>
>they didn't use the e3 2011 tech demo graphics and artstyle

Man those were pretty fucking cool
>>
File: ByuqlpiCUAAn7TF.jpg (73 KB, 1000x943) Image search: [Google]
ByuqlpiCUAAn7TF.jpg
73 KB, 1000x943
Quick /v/, share your theories and speculation about the narrative and how it'll coincide with the gameplay and the plot.

>set hundreds of years after Skyward Sword
>Link either raised by gerudo or sheikah, explaining the nomadic-looking appearance
>that claymore on his back used to belong to a mentor, father figure, brother or close friend that was given to him instead, explaining why its so damn big.
>the title of the name will most definitely be named after that sheikah book on Link's hip
>key gameplay element will involve time manipulation through the use of timeshift stones
>one of the major plot elements in the game will be the creation of the ocarina of time, which was officially confirmed to be made out of time shift stones
>have a gut feeling that it will be the darkest game in the series despite the cel-shaded art style
>will bridge the gap between SS and OoT on the timeline
>Because of this, we could see a lot old historical figures and events who were mentioned in OoT, like the goron hero who defeated Volvagia, the executed sheikah who created the lens of truth, the twili before they were banished into the twilight realm," Hyrule's secret history of bloodshed and greed" and so on
>very high chance that it will introduce the first true Ganon and explain how he started off as a good guy who became corrupted by Demise's curse; Groose from Skyward Sword is basically one giant set up for this.
>game is ultimately about Link trying to reunite a broken Hyrule where all of its races and people are warring against each other for power and control
>Link has an internal battle about who he should side with - the people he was raised by or the royal family he's forcefully destined to protect
>ultimately ends on a tragic note where Link can't save everyone that the people he was raised by ultimately get screwed over in the long run by the Royal family (Ganondorf becoming corrupted, Sheikah going extinct, gerudo exiled, twili thrown into a different dimension, etc)
>>
>>316668763
>Set in a vague time period that was most likely established after the game was written and any nods to other games will be unimportant
>Link is a simple man who is wrapped up in a grand quest
>He meets bad guy who works for other bad guy and wants to kidnap Zelda
>Then he has to collect three shits
>Then Zelda is kidnapped if she wasn't already
>Has to collect even more shits
>Bad guy is defeated but then the real bad guy appears
>Final dungeon, real bad guy is defeated, everyone goes home and Link never gets to bone the princess
>>
>>316668763
>claymore is ganondorf's
>ganondorf is his dad
>>
File: Link Apple.jpg (103 KB, 600x658) Image search: [Google]
Link Apple.jpg
103 KB, 600x658
>>316668763
Link will be an orphan. Despite this Link will have no apparent support structure in place as if he truly never needs to eat anything but the all-season apples that grow freerange.
Link will allegedly be the chosen one, so decreed by one minor character that no one actually has any reason to believe.
Link will go out on an adventure with them as an annoying hangeron. There will be a cutscene of him leaving his village as if it's emotional for him. However no point in the game will involve him returning with any such temperament.
Despite the idea of a living world the tribes of the Gerudo and Shekaih will not be seen, nor mentioned. However Link will get bracers that let him do horse stunts from a minigame with an attendant vaguely reminiscent of Gerudo
The game's plot will focus on disconnected side quests with the allogation all of the events are set in motion by Ganon only after he's revealed. As an aim of a nonexistent open world structure would prevent canned cutscenes that suggest a narrative due to inevitable discontinuity.
There will be a post-dungeon sequence to collect the triforce.
This however will be a poorly thought out plot left vague as to why Ganon would need to take over the cave system in a remote desert from target of conquest. However Zelda will appear to help Link win a duel with him and will be lauded even though he just went through the motions of a plot structure the series has used long enough it could be drinking.
Also around here the hangeron will decide they're sick of Link and leave instead of staying and getting rewarded.
There will be a framing device when booting up the game, while loading or saving or dying with of a POV character opening and paging through a book to come to a title of an area you're in before zooming into a drawing. This will also serve as the credits for the game, and close the game with the book being shut and put into a book shelf, to reveal the book's title simply as "The Legend of Zelda".
>>
looks like a fucking n64 game, no thanks
>>
>they've been purposefully avoiding showing nighttime

calling it now: the game's main gimmick will be something happens at night, perhaps extremely powerful monsters come out (like in pikmin) -- so you need to travel between safe places before nightfall

also is captcha not working at all on the first try for anybody else?
>>
>>316670296
So you think Link's a werewolf in this one?
>>
>>316670012
so what you're saying is that this Link is simply a medic who has been given plastic surgery to look like Link and take his place while the real Link forms Outer Heaven?
>>
>>316670296
>the game's main gimmick will be something happens at night, perhaps extremely powerful monsters come out (like in pikmin) -- so you need to travel between safe places before nightfall

If it does it even remotely as well as Dragon's Dogma then I'd be game.
>>
>>316653217
Maybe they actually learn from their mistakes in this one, fix the pacing and keep the right stuff from the GC Zeldas (Analog camera, skippable dialogue and cutscenes, best item selection menus, options menu) with some of the RPG elements from SS.

Regardless of whether SS had its good elements it was definitely slow and clunky as shit when it didn't have to be.
>>
>>316672000
No; Link dies but Xander gives him CPR and he wakes back up. So it turns out there's two Links and they're both real.
>>
>>316654913
All this is possible because of >>316657821
The 3D games are potentially just as open as the original, it's just that the first game had less restrictions on how to approach the main quest and more enemies attacking you. It was never anything like Elder Scrolls.

3D Zelda actually has way more shit to find explore compared to the 2D games though, I have no idea why 2D fags act like their games have more depth.
>>
>>316653217
hey, alison rapp
where the memes at?
>>
>>316657095
Wind Waker dumps a series of island at you on a predefined grid. The general lack of utter filler and high degree of meaningful, unique content per given area is a great deal responsible as to why the Zelda games are so damn good and worth exploring.
>>
>>316660661
if that's nx footage, then nintendo has bigger problems.
>>
>>316663828
The biggest reason to make an open word game is to basically "do WW right". If you have a world that's so big that you cannot scour it all on foot, the nit enables treasure hunt style quests where the player might have to locate something significant in the shear vastness of the world.

However, what made WW's ocean (as tedious and crappy as it is) 'work' is that the word was still clearly divided into places of interest and vast expanses of absolutely nothing. Because of this, there's a relatively small surface area that is given to the player that they understand to be worthwhile to explore. With a truly open world, if there's nothing distinguishing places that are worthy of deep plumbing and places that are mostly nothing, there's little to direct the player and ultimately little advantage to the shear size increase. I don't like the comments that Anouma has made on this so far though. He seems content to fill the game with menial, time wasting crap like he usually does.
>>
>>316657828
>Contrast to say OoT, which I hated doing anything before getting the horse, because the backtracking in it was a lot less fun from much less reward. Likely due to the density of secrets you eluded too for Zelda 1 not being present in.

This is absolute bullshit. OoT not only provided ample short-cuts and fast travel methods throughout the game, but has a far higher number of secrets and content dense areas than the original Hyrule Fantasy ever did. The hidden weapons in the original were great, but there were only a handful of heart pieces and the like, while OoT had more ways of hiding things, and included optional dungeons and longer quests. I'd say it's the game with the most explorable overworld in the series.
>>
>>
>>316675939
Linkle is such a stupid fucking name. The character is doomed for that alone.
>>
>>316653217
No; because it's going to come out in 2017
>>
>>316656949
Mario Kart, complete game, cheap DLC
Smash, complete game, average price DLC
Splatoon, half complete game, free DLC for 9 months taking it beyond complete

All 3 were good models
>>
>>316679754
>free DLC for 9 months
You mean the rest of the game which should have been available from day 1?
>>
>>316679948
>taking it beyond complete
The game was finished back in August
>>
>>316653217
>OPEN WORLD
>FUCKING HUGE MAP GUYS
>ITS FUCKING HUGE
>YOU GOT SWORDS AND SHIT SENPAI
>DYNAMIC SHIT OUT YOUR ASS BRA
>*various marketing buzz words and phrases*
>>
>>316653217
Reminder that Link is trans
>>
>>316653217
I really LOVE The grass
>>
>>316682790
If nothing else this game will be Grass Simulator 2016
>>
>>316679948
That's how you keep a game alive but you don't know shit right?

Just look at MGS5, dead in 2 weeks
>>
>>316682849
Really OCD Rupee hunting simulator
>>
Was there a new trailer released or why are there several Zelda threads?
>>
>>316682719
yeah, transcendental
>>
>>316653217
Based Nintendo saving gaming.
>>
>>316683030
Just a new teaser for Zelda Wii U and a trailer for the Hyrule Warriors 3D
>>
Hope they get rid of the stamina meter. It was such a non factor in Skyward Sword..
>>
>>316653217
Wait, what the fuck? Isn't every Zelda game open world?
>>
>>316682861
Well excuse me that I don't defend releasing fully priced early access game.
Also, I thought that anyone knows the difference between a single player game and a multiplayer game.
>>
>>316683261
Hub world =/= open world
>>
File: 1392419854814.jpg (69 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1392419854814.jpg
69 KB, 720x720
You better screenshot this now.
This game is actually Zelda 3. They are building on the RPG mechanics introduced in 2 and also combining them with a bunch of modern Zelda items.

Fans have been calling Zelda an RPG for years and this is going to be that game.
>>
>>316653217
That big ass sword is making me wet
>>
>>316679754
>Smash, complete game, average price DLC
Yeah I thought this too, but its £25 each for each DLC pack and theres basically guaranteed to be 2 more. Nigga that ainy average
>>
>that bloom

unforgivable
>>
>>316683335
Zelda's semi-segmented worlds are better than full on autismal open worlds.
>>
>>316683335
So what exactly is open world then? I don't think I understand.

A big shitty empty world?
>>
>>316683458
True
>>
File: 1446180315309.png (41 KB, 212x191) Image search: [Google]
1446180315309.png
41 KB, 212x191
>the finished game will never live up to your expectations
>>
>>316683345
So this is going to be THE game that idiots will call the wrong genre as they have been for 25 years?
>>
>>316679948
Argument stopped being valid when they continued to develop and add content beyond that which was included on the disc at launch.
>>
>>316663219
I hope it's an endgame unlockable
>>
>>316653217
Wow Zelda reached what western developers already did 20 years ago, and we should congratulate them?

Are Nintendo like the paralympics of the industry? Oh wait, those kids actually try
>>
File: Zelda II.jpg (35 KB, 460x330) Image search: [Google]
Zelda II.jpg
35 KB, 460x330
>>316683626
It better just be sitting stuck in the ground on the edge of some random cliff you can just walk up to and pull it out of.
>>
>>316683659
>20 years ago
Show me nigga
>>
>>316683823
baldurs gate
>>
>>316683556
I'm really confused by this kind of statement. Unlike Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess specific situations, mechanics, and settings shown in Zelda U are not likely to be still in such developmental flux that they'll be incomplete or removed.

Other than the vauge open world standing and the promise of random encounters and NPC busywork; there's little that's actually been promised of the game, and the general impression I'm reading is confusion and curiosity rather than hype.
>>
>>316653217
>link

you mean linkle
>>
Do you guys think this'll be like Twilight Princess where it releases on Wii U and NX (with slightly upressed graphics)?
>>
>>316684025
No but they'll have Zelda Wii U : HDNX edition in 2017
>>
>>316683659
Call me back when western developers reach what Nintendo achieved two decades ago.
>>
>>316683610
>Argument stopped being valid
So a company can now release a game with quarter of the content but as long as they add the content later on it's a good business practice and everyone should shut up?
>>
>>316683801
So the Master Sword becomes the drake sword of Zelda U
>I EXPLORED THE WORLD AND FOUND THE MASTER SWORD JUST BEHIND THE STARTING POINT
>I TOTALLY DIDN'T LOOK UP HOW TO STEAMROLL THE GAME
I could dig it
>>
>>316683480
Instead of dividing the over world into many smaller areas connected by narrow passageways (or into islands like in WW and SS), you get one very large area representing the whole over world. How good this open area will be depends on how they make use of the space. It could be a big shitty empty world, it could also just be a big world where every area has something meaningful for you to do.
>>
>>316653217
>Open world
>Exploration based

>Great aesthetic
>Dynamic environment
>Wildlife everywhere, everything feels alive

Yeah just like every other title that came out with the openworld meme and turned out to be empty and boring.
>>
>>316672201
>Listen! Wolves hunt in packs!
>>
>>316683904
Lol.
>>
>>316653774

Fap to the r34 stuff
>>
File: 1446319515574.jpg (42 KB, 544x499) Image search: [Google]
1446319515574.jpg
42 KB, 544x499
>>316655309
>>
>>316653217
I really like Zelda games but idiots like you always make us, Zelda fans, look like huge idiots.

>>Open world
Nothing new.
>>Exploration based
Nothing new.
>>Great aesthetic
If you're a 10yo gay boy.
>>Dynamic environment
No, it's not.
>>Wildlife everywhere, everything feels alive.
No, it doesn't.
>>You can can have different kinds of swords and shields like in Skyward sword
And Skyward Sword was one of the worst Zelda ever.
>>Map is HUGE
No, it's not.
>>Link is a badass with a hood now
No.
>>
File: 1447154006710.png (22 KB, 214x200) Image search: [Google]
1447154006710.png
22 KB, 214x200
>>316653217
how's highschool treating you?
>>
>>316684683
>>>Map is HUGE
>No, it's not.
http://www.scooptendo.com/zelda-wii-u-map-analysis/
>>
>>316653217
Zelda U is really the breaking point. If Nintendo delivers, I'm going to buy Wii U and eventually NX. If it's yet another shit of recent times then I'm buying PS4 waving my Nintentoddler years goodbye.
>>
>>316684805
Pretty much the same for me. This is the last chance for Nintendo to show that they're serious about creating something great again. It it boils down to another waste of time I don't see any point in hoping.
>>
>>316684732
>how's highschool treating you?
It's been so long I can barely remember.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.