[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for the meme it seems. This is without a doubt the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 35
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (48 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
48 KB, 250x310
I fell for the meme it seems.

This is without a doubt the worst game I have ever played. Literally 2deep4u, 2hardcore4u objectified into a single game. The only people who play this are people who enjoy being into something that hard to understand for the sake of complexity. Its the epitome of pretension.
>>
Get good
>>
>>316631698
it's been fucking years and we still have these threads every fucking day

git gud
>>
Get good
>>
(You)
>that hard to understand
If the biggest shit-eating mouthbreathers can get through this game and you can't, please reconsider video games as a hobby
>>
Lock on, circle the retarded AI for free backstabs all day. That's the secret to the get gud meme
>>
Git Gud
>>
>>316631698
Don't worry, all the Soulsfags fucked off to their general. I'm betting a good amount are responsible for shilling Undertale too; both fanbases are pretty autistic
>>
i hope that was you i just invaded in anor londo
>>
>>316631698
That's alot of buzzwords boiling down into nothing.
>>
>>316631698
> 2hardcore4u
>"Have an adventure!" game where you use caution and situational awareness to navigate the levels instead of blood on screen and objective markers and cutscenes every time you press mb1
>2deep4u
>understanding worldbuilding by combining obvious keywords from character dialogues, item placements and item descriptions and applying common sense to udnerstand it like MOVIES and BOOKS have been doing for centuries is 2deep4u

Maybe this game is not for you? Try something made for simpeltons like most other AAA games
>>
Its not even a hard game you faggot
>>
File: DaS critique.gif (3 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
DaS critique.gif
3 MB, 380x214
>>316631698
>>
>>316632316
Soulfags everyone
>>
>>316631945
some one got rocked by a invader in the woods
>>
>>316632430
Remember son DSP could beat this game
>>
>>316631698
lol is the meme game too difficult 4 u?
>>
File: +.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
+.webm
3 MB, 768x432
>>316632005
>Can
vs
>Should

>>316632089
This is why. The combat is really shallow.

>>316632316
> >>316632430

L1: The Game is below par for challenging and interesting.

>>316632546
>as if twinks are great design
>>
>>316632693
He also got paid.

>>316632706
>i have no actual critiques for any thread on this board.
>>
File: 1446326492441.jpg (57 KB, 546x658) Image search: [Google]
1446326492441.jpg
57 KB, 546x658
>>316632693
>beat
>spamming OP miracles
>summoning every step of the way

He still beat it but let's not give undue credit here, anon.
>>
>>316632420
thanks for that, gave me a chuckle.
>>316632430
>"some community"fags everyone
Is this all mouth-breathers do when they can't think of a reasonable come-back within the first 5 seconds of reading something?
>>
>>316632420
That gif is a very bad argument, because the thing is, that bridge literally is trial and error. The first time you get there you will be killed 9 of 10 times by the dragon if you don't know about it.
>>
>>316632225
That was kinda my goal, to act like I was shit at the game but still act even more pretentious than I accused the game of being. Nobody seems to have caught on, might have to be a little less subtle next time. Enjoy the thread everybody.
>>
Dark Souls 1 is one of the best games I've ever played. The level / world designs are amazing. The bosses look badass and are fun to fight. The PvP is fun. The weapons and different types of magic are extremely satisfying to use and ensure a unique experience with each new playthrough. Literally thousands of hours worth of content just exploring all the different kinds of characters you can create. The combat system is amazing, as it requires properly juggling light attacks, heavy attacks, shielding / blocking, rolling, parrying and riposting, rolling attacks, dash attacks, etc. You have to time the attacks properly and analyze what your opponent is doing constantly. It is brilliant, and ironically, it's the reason people hate the game. There is an art to the combat system that takes hundreds of hours to perfect, and frankly, most people are used to really easy, boring games where you just spam attacks over and over and then the game tells you you're good and it makes you feel good.

I'd give Dark Souls a 10/10. Anyone who doesn't like it is an idiot with no taste.
>>
>>316631698
I don't even like souls games that much but git fucking gud son
>>
>>316631698
But it's not even deep or complex, just shit.
>>
>>316632963
I won't argue that, (although the game does warn you in its own way) but it does show why most people struggle with the game and come to places like /v/ to complain. They are unable to think critically or change up strategies, so they just charge into death over and over and blame the devs.
>>
>>316631698
Demon's Souls was better.
>>
>>316633051
>why won't this game spoonfeed me the lore like Halo?
>>
>>316632963
It's always funny watching people like Matthewmatosis argue for the moments where the game actually does spring that shit on you. Like you get maybe one example somewhere else in the level and that means you're supposed to be ready for one of these instant kill traps.
>>
>>316632963
>>316632420
Funnily, both of these are wrong.

The drake's fire breath when the player first steps on the bridge is scaled down compared to its later fire breath attacks (which is bullshit in a whole different way, but w/e). There is no way the first blast of fire can kill you unless you didn't heal up at all after the Taurus fight and were on your last sliver of health.

Now I would call Dark Souls one of the worst games last generations due to its technical flaws alone, but yous twos, you need to get educated before you shitpost about it here.
>>
>>316633039
Yea we get it. Just fuck already and get it over with.
>>
OP the game is niche and not for everyone, most soulsfag will never admitt it but they play the game with a wiki open unless its the release day. It really is a game where you can get stuck for hours, bash your head against a wall and get so frustrated you stop playing. If you dont like those elements it really isnt a game for you but I would imagene plenty of other people think otherwise.
>>
>>316633157
>Halo
>lore
And for that matter,
>Dark Souls
>lore
It's a bunch of really short, uncreative flavour text attached to some items. It does not constitute "lore," unless you want to admit that said lore is not only vague, but also grossly underdeveloped and unworthy of the term.
>>
The only difficult parts of DaS is the startup fight with Capra Demon because I roll no poise and when O&S get smart with their placements.
No poise, no FAP ring, and Claymore +10 here, git gud
>>
File: Laocoon.jpg (3 MB, 2666x2400) Image search: [Google]
Laocoon.jpg
3 MB, 2666x2400
>There's still a dozen shit threads a day about a 4+ year old game
>>
>>316633608
vaati faggot and other likeminded fags circlejerk over their "implied lore". I actually think the Souls fanbase is the biggest dicksuckers ever, they are the literal definition of special snowflakes. But you will get idiots replying to you talking about their shitty fan fiction.
>>
>>316633886
Why is that a surprise? Its an interesting game with plenty to discuss.
>>
>>316633964
>implied lore
That's the stupidest thing I've ever read, and I've read Morrowind's cosmology books.
>>
I really think the only people who talk shit about the Souls games (excluding ds2) think franchises like Assassin's Creed are the greatest games of all time.

Every board has things that are universally acclaimed because they are so good.

Dark Souls is one of the /v/ ones, if you can't get behind it, you have shit taste in vidya.
>>
>>316633886
That's what good viral marketing does.
>>
>>316632963
Or you know, the 4 or 5 bloodstains on the ground, or the player messages, or the fact that the bridge is clearly scorched, or the fact that such a long almost mostly empty walkway seems to be a pretty good sign of an event or set piece would happen.

Then again if I remember right there was something about it that was suppose to be legit bullshit before prepatch.
>>
>>316634307
>the bridge is clearly scorched
As a side note, why are FROM so incompetent at visual design? Those "scorch marks" looked more like spills of gasoline or some kind of texture glitch than scorched stone.
>>
>>316634106
Cherry picked worst case, but still, dark souls faggots are idiots:
"The game heavily alludes to the fact that the dragon is Lord Aldia, Vendrick's brother. Not only is he located past Aldia's Keep, but upon killing him you receive a Soul of a Giant, rather than the actual Ancient Dragon Soul obtained from the fossilized dragon with the same appearance.
Sweet Shalquoir says that there is something in the Dragon Shrine playing the part of a powerful being. It's unlikely that if the dragon was self sufficient, it would be called a prop - this suggests that it relies on theatrics to convince people of its power. Though still a powerful being, it could be killed by a single Chosen Undead, whereas even the all-powerful Gwyn had a hard time defeating the original dragons.
And before you say that the player could kill Kalameet the same way, consider that the entire CITY of Anor Londo dared not provoke his wrath. He had to be heavily injured by Gough to even fight with the player on equal terms. But the player fights the Ancient Dragon, a being worshiped as a GOD, and it's evident he can't even fly for more than a few seconds.
Not to mention that Aldia probably didn't care about Vendrick at that point, having been completely consumed by his research and locked away.
Aldia's soul could also have been merged with the Giant Soul instead of being separated like Vendrick did. Vendrick hated the giants while Aldia embraced their powers and potential."
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Ancient+Dragon

This is on a wiki and is pure baseless fan speculation, incorrect fan speculation at that, but I have seen plenty of idiots take this at face value.
>>
>>316633995
This thread isn't about discussion, anon, and you know it.

This thread is for anti-Soulsfags to fight with Soulsfags. That's all these threads are ever for.

There's nothing left to discuss anymore. Don't be obtuse.
>>
>>316634592
I made this thread to talk about the game but too many people took the bait seriously too soon.
>>
>>316634561
>alludes
>unlikely
>suggests
>had to be
>consider
>could also have
These words should have been enough of a tip-off, really. Some "lore."
>>
>>316634287
is Dark Souls the In The Aeroplane Over The Sea of /v/?
>>
>>316634823
A wiki isnt for fanspeculation, and the game never alluded to any of that, its just dark souls faggots reading way too far into a lore as shallow as a kiddie pool.
>>
>>316634827
Now see, the woman's head is a wheel of cheese because the flow of time in UK is convoluted.
>>
>>316631698
while i believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even when shitposting

i also believe you have shit taste in games senpai
>>
>>316635087
Cheese? I thought it was a potato slice that was starting to rot in the center
>>
>>316632963
the bridge isn't
the red drake dropped in way earlier and the bridge is charred as fuck
and demon souls players already knew this trick
>>
>>316633320
What technical flaws?
>>
>>316635510
Its a Kiwii
>>
>>316635570
You can't quick scope
>>
>>316634304
>viral marketing a game that's 4 years old
Viral marketer detected. What's wrong, feeling fecal factory frustrated that we're not discussing Shillout 4 instead?
>>
>>316635570
The fans' inability to keep up with critique that has been going on for four years. Alternatively, the fans' incredible ability to ignore said critique and continue pretending the game is flawless. Take your pick.
>>
>>316632420
>>316632963
>not seeing the charred bodies and the burned bridge

You deserve your fiery fate.
>>
DSP completed this game.

You didn't.
>>
File: 1446512351589.png (188 KB, 428x395) Image search: [Google]
1446512351589.png
188 KB, 428x395
>yfw people try to tell you Dark souls lore is deep
>>
>>316634307
>Or you know, the 4 or 5 bloodstains on the ground, or the player messages, or the fact that the bridge is clearly scorched, or the fact that such a long almost mostly empty walkway seems to be a pretty good sign of an event or set piece would happen.
>mfw all this shit is completely lost on the type of full casual faggots who complain about Souls
It's like if they can't literally see it then they can't understand it. Souls is one of gaming's last remaining saving graces at this point.
>>
>>316635510
>>316635638
It can be anything you want since the artist made the cover open to interpretation :^)
>>
>>316635951
>what technical flaws?
>THE ONES THAT EXIST, GOD!
>>
>>316634307
Be honest did it kill you the first time?
>>
Upon replaying this game I find it's not very good.

>too much focus on weapons and build over mechanical skill and gameplay
>too slow, too much delay when rolling or attacking (seriously there's like a 500ms delay for rolling)
>really only caters to people who know the ins and outs of the game and specific builds, enemy weaknesses regardless of those players' actual skill
>trying to fit everything into one interconnected world makes it convoluted and confusing, it's often unclear where you need to go and what you need to do
>many of the key mechanics are poorly explained (lordvessel, upgrading estus, kindling bonfires, pardoning, etc)
>key characters for vital weapons, armor, pyro, miracles, and sorceries are a pain to find and severely limit your options and hamper the game experience
>worlds often feel empty and sterile (Anor Londo castle, Duke's Archives, Ash Lake, Lost Izalith, etc)
>many bosses are underwhelming or poorly designed (Ornstein&Smough, Priscilla, Capra Demon, Quelaag, Pinwheel, Seath, Taurus Demon, Ceaseless Discharge, bed of chaos)
>Hitboxes and i-frames are inconsistent
>game rewards simply running past enemies and rushing bosses over tactical play
>many mechanics are unfair the first time (mimic chest, seath the scaleless, Stray Demon floor collapsing, Anor Londo castle archers, bonfire at Sen's)

Overall, it's a mediocre game that is overhyped to hell.

And before anyone says "git gud" I have the platinum in all three souls games and have completed DMC1-4 on DMD as well as NGB, NGS, and NGS2 on MNM, as well most platinumshit games on their highest difficulties with max rank.

This is not an issue of difficulty.
>>
>>316636325
Do we REALLY have to do this every thread for another 4 years? Fine.
>retarded AI
>broken sound engine (claimed to have been fixed in one patch, it only worked for some setups)
>abysmal, abysmal PC port
>terrible performance
>unexplained, consistent frame drops in some places for no reason whatsoever
>multiplayer matchmaking/balancing (and netcode, while we're at it)
>clipping - mad, mad clipping everywhere from player models to clipping through environment, including the ground/floor
>stiff, impact-less combat with no hitstop and sometimes not even any visual effects on hit
>lazily written story
Oh wait, but your next line is gonna be:
>A BLOO BLOO BLOO TOO VAGUE, CRITIQUE HAS TO BE MORE DETAILED
And then my next line will be: go play the fucking game yourself, or browse any DaS thread in the last 4 years that wasn't 100% "hardcore gamer" circlejerking to find your bloody details.
>>
>>316636443
>game rewards simply running past enemies and rushing bosses over tactical play

This so fucking much. How did I get up to Horndog and Smegma at level 1? Certainly not defeating enemies, nigga I just sprinted past everything.
>>
>>316636443
>This is not an issue of difficulty.
Keep telling yourself that, PCfriend.
>>
>>316631698
nah, you just suck at it.
>>
>>316636443
>>too much focus on weapons and build over mechanical skill and gameplay
This is not a flaw. A game that's more intellectually engaging and gives you a lot to think about when considering your playstyle is much more enjoyable than than some shallow twitch-reflex based shit.

>>316636443
>>too slow, too much delay when rolling or attacking (seriously there's like a 500ms delay for rolling)
Good. It means you can't lol roll spam to win. I thought you just said mechanical skill was important to you for some reason?

>>316636443
>>really only caters to people who know the ins and outs of the game and specific builds, enemy weaknesses regardless of those players' actual skill
Fucking good. Thank fucking god. Vidya is in desperate need of more games with actual depth that unapologetically refuse to cater to fucking casuals. It's not like that shit makes much difference anyway, it's 2015 it takes a few seconds to search for the solutions to any questions you might have about the game. If you care so little about what you're playing you can't be bothered to do that, or doing so is such a chore, you really should just find a different hobby and/or game.

>>316636443
>>trying to fit everything into one interconnected world makes it convoluted and confusing, it's often unclear where you need to go and what you need to do
While I agree in the sense that I think the interconnected world decision was a mistake, because it detracts too much from top-tier level design, such as was seen in the game's predecessor, and leads to every area in this game feeling like a hallway simulator - I would still argue the fact that for once in modern vidya the game doesn't show you exactly where and when to go and how to get there is an exceptionally good thing.

Jesus. I'm not even going to bother doing the rest because it seems like every single complaint you have is literally one of the rare things that DaS so fucking great.
>>
>>316637317
>responding to stale copypasta
Just report and ignore it.
>>
>>316637317
>comparing numbers
>intellectually engaging
Maybe if you're a jRPG maniac.
>>
File: fromsoftloading.gif (144 KB, 527x173) Image search: [Google]
fromsoftloading.gif
144 KB, 527x173
>>316633039
Most people would give you shit here for actually saying something nice about a video game but I wholeheartedly agree.
>>
>>316631698
what's hard to understand? the lore? the story is minimal and only there if you want it to be
>>
File: 1409014706244.jpg (15 KB, 269x326) Image search: [Google]
1409014706244.jpg
15 KB, 269x326
>>316637317
>gives you a lot to think about when considering your playstyle is much more enjoyable than than some shallow twitch-reflex based shit.
Yeah, upgrading your weapon is so much more intellectually engaging then using your own reflexes and skill for combat.
>>
I kinda agree with OP. While not the worst, Dark Souls is still one of the most awful experiences I've had with gaming. It's backwards as shit, like replacing a laptop for a typewriter.
Fortunately the honeymoon is over /v/ is slowly realising how fucking shit those games are.
>>
>>316631698
wew lad you are a retard

even if this is bait (which it is) youre still a retard
>>
>>316632963
I hope you realize that on NG, even with 8 vit, which is the lowest possible starting health, if your hp bar is full then you will never die to the first hit of the fire for his first attack, no matter what.

The only reason you would die there is if your hp bar isn't full, which is your own fault for not entering a suspicious area with full hp.

literally git gud
>>
>>316631698
I bet you got fed up from getting killed by the skeletons in the graveyard. The game isnt bad, I can tell you didnt play it.
>>
>>316632963
>see the drake when you go into the undead burg
>get to the bridge
>theres oil on the bridge
>bridge is scorched
>there are charred bodies on the bridge
>the drake flies to a spot THEN breathes fire
>the fire doesnt even do that much damage the first time around

ok dumbass
>>
Ah fuck it.

>>316636443
>>many of the key mechanics are poorly explained (lordvessel, upgrading estus, kindling bonfires, pardoning, etc)
I'm just happy the experience isn't bogged down by mother fucking tutorials, god damn it. I don't care if shit doesn't make sense. It was worth it. Do you realize how significant that is these days? No matter what you think about this game otherwise, you have to admit its lack of handholdy bullshit is like a breath of fresh air. It's not like those mechanics were even that broken-ly unplayble, anyway. If you couldn't figure them out well enough as you went along or by researching online that's your problem for being a retard.
>>316636443
>>key characters for vital weapons, armor, pyro, miracles, and sorceries are a pain to find and severely limit your options and hamper the game experience
Fair enough. It's good the game has lots of hidden items and rewards exploration, of course. But it can be tough if you're just starting out and looking for a specific playstyle that depends on a certain item first.

>>worlds often feel empty and sterile (Anor Londo castle, Duke's Archives, Ash Lake, Lost Izalith, etc)
They don't just "feel" that way, they are. That's because the shitty hallway level design system. But oh no - muh interconnected world fags refuse to accept that DeS's superior hub world system allowed for much higher level design. It was also an excellent implementation of the classic 2D vidya level select screen into a 3D setting.
>>
>>316631698
>I didn't really play the game and I was bad at it so it's bad
>>
>>316638308
>if this is bait (which it is)
A little unrelated, but this sentence strikes me as a perfect analogy for Dark Souls fans and their endless circlejerking over the game's "lore"
>thing X may be true
>therefore thing X is factually real and part of the lore!
>thing Y may, perhaps, under some circumstance, hypothetically, in theory, once in a blue moon, fit into the game's setting
>therefore Y is a fact of Dark Souls lore because ENB said so
And so on.
>>
>>316634561
Isn't Aldia a fucking treestump?

Which kinda makes sense as playing with souls (in case of Witch of Izalith) and humanity (Oolacile) to achieve eternal life creates trees which also seems to be giants now for some reason.
>>
>>316637165
I'm a sonygger, I actually really enjoyed DeS btw.
>>
>>316638896
Vaati's videos are more canon than whatever From says :^)
>>
>>316638695
It's supposed to be ambiguous. You just piece together what you think makes sense because it fits with other small details. I hate the lore anyway and lorefags are the worst.

When the dark souls 2 trailer came out, there were all of these stupid faggot analyzing it and the fact that Emerald Herald is holding a black feather.
>"VELKA! VELKA! SHE HAS A BLACK FEATHER, SHE MUST BE A MESSENGER OF VELKA!"

literally cancer
>>
File: trilobite.jpg (570 KB, 4368x2912) Image search: [Google]
trilobite.jpg
570 KB, 4368x2912
>>316631698
what are your favorite games OP?
>>
>>316638896
yes, that is what makes that wiki entry extra hillarious. That and the "and before you say" like he is actually arguing with someone, in a fucking wiki article.
>>
>>316639029
I did too

DeS > DaS1 >>> BB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DaS2
>>
>>316631698
Just roll and attack with proper timing.
>>
>>many bosses are underwhelming or poorly designed (Ornstein&Smough, Priscilla, Capra Demon, Quelaag, Pinwheel, Seath, Taurus Demon, Ceaseless Discharge, bed of chaos)
Oh come on. Souls is renowned for its bosses and you know it. Better than 90% of other series out there right now, most of which don't even have proper bosses anymore. You sure you didn't just die to them one too many times for your liking?

>>Hitboxes and i-frames are inconsistent
Bullshit. Maybe in high level end-game PVP this is an actually noticable issue but for your average player this is absolutely a non-issue.

>>game rewards simply running past enemies and rushing bosses over tactical play
"Rewards." No. It's not the game's fault you choose to exploit an unavoidable aspect inherent to its overall design, and cheese everything by skipping out on as much actual gameplay content as you can by running away from it. If you don't want to play to have fun, why are you playing video games in the first place? And as far as rushing bosses that's flat out wrong, anyone who does this will die. No wonder you didn't like them.

>>many mechanics are unfair the first time (mimic chest, seath the scaleless, Stray Demon floor collapsing, Anor Londo castle archers, bonfire at Sen's)
>waaaa muh unfair mechanics for not pandering to entry-level plebs why isn't the whole game based on appeasing casuals why aren't there more checkpoints or any easy mode or savestates :(
>>
>>316639101
>It's supposed to be ambiguous.
Which is the greatest irony, seeing how desperate the fans are to factualise and codify everything.

The biggest Souls fans are the ones who misunderstand it the worst.
>>
>>316639079
>it was real in my mind

Getting some /pol/ vibes here senpai.
>>
>>316632707

That is the gayest DS webm ever.
>>
>>316638695
yeah but OP's post is very obviously bait, the guy says this is the worst game hes ever played. frankly this guy probably hasnt played very many games to come to this conclusion. even then he just goes on to criticize the story as to make his point why DaS is a bad game, like shit dude you can go the whole game without reading item descriptions.
>>
>>316638557
>>>key characters for vital weapons, armor, pyro, miracles, and sorceries are a pain to find and severely limit your options and hamper the game experience
>Fair enough. It's good the game has lots of hidden items and rewards exploration, of course. But it can be tough if you're just starting out and looking for a specific playstyle that depends on a certain item first.

Why are you letting him off with this? Theres absolutely no VITAL weapons, armor or spells. If you're new to the game and looking for a specific build you can go through it with the any weapon relating to that build you find. It rewards exploration and enhances replays.
>>
>>316636772
>>retarded AI
>>broken sound engine (claimed to have been fixed in one patch, it only worked for some setups)
>>abysmal, abysmal PC port
>>terrible performance
>>unexplained, consistent frame drops in some places for no reason whatsoever
>>multiplayer matchmaking/balancing (and netcode, while we're at it)
>>clipping - mad, mad clipping everywhere from player models to clipping through environment, including the ground/floor
>>stiff, impact-less combat with no hitstop and sometimes not even any visual effects on hit
>>lazily written story
Those are all meta issues that don't affect gameplay very much. You're just butthurt that you can't fit in with the real gamers who didn't suck at it.
>>
>>316639423
>yeah but OP's post is very obviously bait
Hence my "a little unrelated," man. Don't look so deep into it and search for connections where there are none. This isn't Lordran.
>>
>>316632707
God Souls pvp is some of the most horrendously shitty cancer i've ever seen
>>
>>316639394
looks like a really uneventful, but average forest encounter to me
>>
If I were From software's president I would order every single future Soulsborne title to be completely devoid of anything resembling lore, except for a generic and simple "defeat the evil" excuse plot.
Lorefags are fucking shit. Who cares if this spear was used by the god of farts during the second age of the third age to wipe his own ass?
>>
File: 1424575596392.jpg (34 KB, 350x401) Image search: [Google]
1424575596392.jpg
34 KB, 350x401
>>316638209
>>
>>316639701
>completely devoid of anything resembling lore, except for a generic and simple "defeat the evil" excuse plot
Wouldn't that only lead people to believe it has the deepest lore of all Souls games?
>>
>>316639570
>tfw invading as a dorkmoon
>2hu build
>literally all att/int
> don't even need the ears I just felt like it

Funner than you'd think, dying in usually 1 hit.

>invade poor little white boy
>there is gravelorded enemies and shit everywhere
>just watch them struggle
>they die
>white phantom the dude afterward
>dark bead shotgun O&S

This was when Dark Souls 2 was still super fresh. Still a nice community.
Except for that one lightning katanaflipper in chainmail in the book of the guilty I keep getting sent to, fuck him.
>>
>>316639701
DeS didn't really have much lore at all and was basically an_ancient_evil_has_awakened.jpg
>>
>>316639969
Nah. They would bitch and moan about the new game being pure and absolute shit, even if the gameplay, the level / enemy design and the multiplayer are the best ever created for the series.
>>
>>316639570
only when you're a shitter like in the above webm
>>
>>316632420

>Being deaf

You hear the drake about 10 minutes before it attacks
>>
>>316640272
Funny how one of the games with one of the most nonexistent stories there are in gaming, managed to be one of the only games in many years whose story I actually enjoyed. Less is more, apparently. Keep the story simple and let the game be more complex.
>>
File: 5TwYp.png (561 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
5TwYp.png
561 KB, 1250x1250
Not only is Dark Souls overated, it simply isn't that good.

Not only is not good, it's actually shit.

The PVP is shit.
I'd call the story shit but I don't believe it even has one.
The environments are ugly as fuck. Just ugly shit.
All the graphics are shit.
The physics are abysmal for a game built off the Havok engine.
The game becomes incredibly boring shit after Anor Londo.

The only thing that Dark Souls does better than Skyrim(one of the most terrible games ever made) is the combat. Everything else, Skyrim mops the floor with Dark Souls. That's how shit Dark Souls is.

It is an incredible meme however. Casuals, reddit, /v/, they all eat it up.
>>
>>316641321
>top 10
>MOTHER
>Dark Souls
>Zelda
>Chrono Dragonball
Weebs, weebs everywhere.
>>
>>316640761
If you want to see a pointless story get Incubation from GOG.

There is nothing wrong with the game itself but my god the story. You go to a planet, walk around shooting aliens, then someone else walks from somewhere else to some other place shooting aliens and then you just get the fuck off the planet.

The only reason the story even is there is to make sure you have to ace every mission because your dudes don't respawn.
>>
File: 1438421632032.jpg (67 KB, 300x898) Image search: [Google]
1438421632032.jpg
67 KB, 300x898
>>316641321
>opinion
>opinion
>opinion
>opinion
>opinion
>proceeds to compare it to a complete unrelated game from a different genre entirely
>>
>>316641783
Not opinions my memehead friend. Compared to contemporary games of 2011, Dark Souls is technically inferior in almost every way.
>>
>>316633039
For the most part I agree, but i think the online was the only part that prevents me from giving a 10/10. It was extremely unique for its time (bar DeS) and executed perfectly but unfortunately devolved into minmax characters who do nothing but circle strafe for a cheap backstab.
>>
>>316641321
It's not overrated, it is simply that good.

Not only is it good, it's actually one of the most important releases of its generation.

All PvP is shit but as far as PvP goes, DaS did it fine and its multiplayer in general was innovative.
Another nice feature is this game doesn't even have a story to annoy and distract you with.
The environments are varied and unique and the graphics are just fine.
The physics are fine.
But it does suffer from pretty severe pacing issues about half way through.

Overall you have some of the worst criteria ever to critique a game by. Only way it could get any more absurd is if you were a gaming journalist.
>>
File: fo_splash.gif (32 KB, 607x426) Image search: [Google]
fo_splash.gif
32 KB, 607x426
>>316642216
>not opinions
of course not
>>
ITT: People circlejerk while getting mad about somebody else circlejerking about a game that they don't like.
>>
>>316641321
>I'd call the story shit but I don't believe it even has one.
>how to spot a sub 90 iq retard on /v/

>The environments are ugly as fuck. Just ugly shit.
>I don't like the artstyle, so I'll just spout vitirol.

>The game becomes incredibly boring shit after Anor Londo.
>I spout what /v/ says even though Duke's Archives, Tomb of Giants, and New Londo are all finished zones that keep to the DS experience.

and you brought up skyrim, you're honestly a top-tier pleb
>>
File: 1422163317426.jpg (90 KB, 540x640) Image search: [Google]
1422163317426.jpg
90 KB, 540x640
>>316642436
Here's you.
>>
>>316642484
to be fair, TotG is pretty terrible

but yeah, dukes, new londo and painted world if you count it are all good
>>
>>316642636
>TotG is pretty terrible
It's not for everybody, but it seemed pretty finished to me.
It's a great place for atmosphere and difficulty though, the quad-modal skeletons are some of the hardest enemies in the game
>>
File: 1407690275168.gif (1024 KB, 242x227) Image search: [Google]
1407690275168.gif
1024 KB, 242x227
>>316631698
>this thread again
How about you stop playing the games you don't like?
>>
>>316640272
yea, but most RPG game are more kinda "an_ancient_evil_has_awakened, save the world !"

Where souls games are "ancient_evil_has_awakened, and has proceed to fuck the world a while ago, we send a fuckload of hero to save it, no sell. now... get in, kill evil, and maybe try to undestand what happened exactly. " And boy, the world is seriously fucked.

It's like comparing a "call of duty" save the world and a stalker/fallout "save what left of the world". The souls game are in a post apo fantasy, and that make the difficulty of grasping the lore... well, kinda cool. An apocalypse diary would have been easier and more rich, but really immersion breaking.
>>
>>316642631
Yeah because it's usually the same regurgitated criticisms of a game that is not gotyay but still pretty good. You want to convince people it's a bad game but all I ever see is you faggots spouting your irrelevant opinion about lore and then sucking each other off.
>>
>>316636362
I had the vague idea something was going to go down but I still died thinking that the stairs on the side wouldn't help for some reason.
>>
File: 1427657105666.png (85 KB, 618x692) Image search: [Google]
1427657105666.png
85 KB, 618x692
>>316642375
The PVP is awful. Just stop talking.
>innovative
What the fuck? They basically carried the single play mechanics over to multiplayer and left payers to senselessly beat the shit out of each other. There is 0 fucking innovation in the MP department. If you disagree, would you care to elaborate? Oh, and don't get me started on the awful balance issues.

>>316642484
I'm not talking about the artstyle. The textures are simply ugly as shit and that is a fact.

If you think Dark Souls is anything more than mediocre, you are a memeposter. As I said, the combat is to be praised but everything else about the game falls short of mediocrity. It's post-humously hyped horseshit.
>>
I like the souls series, but it's true that the ia is really dumb.

It's ok when most ennemies are kinda mindless zombie, but having dark messiah like ennemies fighting as a group would be nice.
>>
>>316643247
>frogposter
Stopped reading there.
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: jrdK8KE.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
jrdK8KE.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>U GUYS WERE TROLLIN ME THE WHOLE TIME

This thread is full of idiots
>>
>>316643331
Thanks, didn't want to waste anymore time on you delusional retards anyway.
>>
>>316642985
>The souls game are in a post apo fantasy
I disagree. Only Bloodborne is, really.
>>
>2deep4u
they explain everything you need to know in the opening cinematic. anything beyond that is up to your imagination. was ghosts n' goblins also pretentious for doing this?

>2hardcore4u
dying is just a game mechanic. you die, retrieve your souls, and carry on.

>hard to understand
all you have to do is ring some bells, what's hard to understand about that?
>>
Soulsfags have been shit since Dark Souls came out, the PCfag meme is just a deflection tactic.

>Mfw we will never have good times like in Demon Souls again
>>
File: 1447467654761.jpg (451 KB, 930x900) Image search: [Google]
1447467654761.jpg
451 KB, 930x900
>>316634783
Same technique for touhou threads
>>
>>316643365
Further proof that Dark Souls is Reddit:The Game

>PRAISE THE SUN XD
>>
>>316643475
Oh really? Please show me the thriving civilizations in DaS.
>>
>>316631698
>The only people who play this are people who enjoy being into something that hard to understand for the sake of complexity
The game is not even very hard, you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
File: 353.jpg (27 KB, 383x636) Image search: [Google]
353.jpg
27 KB, 383x636
>>316643539

>People make funny pictures related to a game and that makes the game bad
>>
>>316643247
>memeposter
>calls other people memeposters
>literally is a meme poster himself
No one is taking your bait. DaS is a great, real man's vidya game. Sorry if that offends you and your SJW buddies on LoL or whatever.
>>
>>316643247
Nah . the fackt that the multiplayer is alway on, invastion by covenant on certain zones, sin, indictment... How the pvp is introduced is really inovative.

But the pvp itself is SP with other players, agreed.

Having player taking controll of some mook, or boss could have been really cool.

But you are still shitting on perfectly good stuff. You say that the environement is ugly, but even if most texture are low, the artistic design is really good and more than make up for it.
>>
>>316643507
>DeS is better than DaS

fucking delusional. I've played every single souls game to completion multiple times, and Dark Souls is objectively the best one, followed by Demon's and then 2.
>>
>>316643578
Well, Dark Souls 1 and 2 are about cycles. Hence why there are tons of ruins of civilizations coming and going.

Demon's Souls had the threat of annihilation by demons, yeah.
Bloodborne was church has conspiracy, treats inhabitants with a "cure" that starts turning them into beasts and can't stop the outbreak.

It's half/half.
>>
>>316636362
It didn't kill me but then again I had played DeS.
Didn't kill me there either, at least not without me noticing the dragon and actively trying to time it right. I just fucked up partway through the stage.
>>
>>316632316
Jesus. Dark soul fans have zero self awareness.

You tell them they are pretentious braggarts and they respond by acting pretentious and bragging about being good or accusing others of being bad.

how dumb. fuck the souls games.
>>
>>316643821
>>316643832
>all this deflection
I keep forgetting to never argue with Soulsplebs.
Worst fanbase of the worst yearly rehash series.
>>
>>316643901
Wrong.

You stopped being qualified to form that opinion the moment you completed DaS2 multiple times. I may like the first 2 games but there's no need to play that one. You're clearly a noncritically thinking, spoonfed sub-24 year old little parrot who has shit taste.
>>
>>316643931
Yeah, but the setting that the game takes place in is a continent that has already been totally buttravaged by the undead plague. It's definately post apocalyptic. If anything Bloodborne is during the apocalypse.
>>
>>316643475
>>316643578
Lordran is a world in ruin populated by the undead of the differents nations that have fallen.
Seriously ! new londo is drowned, anor londo is a shadow, lordran is a ruin, past thingy city is corrupted to the core, and you stumble into the best soldiers and heroes of each nations, who have failled and are now zombie.
How is that not post apo ?

And DS2 is the same, but now you also have geologic layers of fallen civilisation behind you.
>>
>>316644145
>February 2009
>september 2011
>march 2014
>Yearly rehash
>>
>>316644245
I beat Dark Souls 2 twice just to see if it was any less shit with a different build. It wasn't.

Also
>sub 24-year old
how would this even be relveant
>>
>>316644145
lol you've never had sex
>>
>>316644318
Don't, anon. He'll just post more memes.
>>
>>316644048
Nigga all you gotta do is chill out and observe. That faggot may have used pansy-talk but that's just what it boils down to.
Game ain't even hard it just punishes you for being a retard instead of putting you in a check point every quarter of a boss fight.
Except bed of chaos but that's bullshit anyway. Fuck that fight.
>>
>>316644256
>apocalypse
apocalypse is the end m8

DaS1 and 2 are not that way
>>
>>316644318
>Dark Souls 2 2014
>Bloodborne 2015
>Dark Souls 3 2016

The only thing more cancerous than a Souls pleb is the small subset of Souls plebs who denies that Bloodborne is in fact a Souls game.
>>
>>316644406
because you experience enlightenment at age 24.

pleb confirmed.
>>
>>316644048
Onyl people who complain about this are super butthurt normies who can't handle being talked down to by people who have been doing this a lot longer than them. I'm glad DaS players aren't afraid to try and save you idiots from yourselves. Quit ruining our hobby and maybe we wouldn't be so hostile to you, ever think of that? No, you didn't and you don't because all you want to do is play Call of FallCreed: Phantom Meme 7.
>>
>>316639701
>how dare people have fun talking about something I don't like
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>316644278
I agree
>>316644256
>>316643578
both me
>>
>>316644048
hey man, it's just not for everyone, okay? don't feel bad just because you can't comprehend or appreciate it
>>
>>316643931
yes, there are cycles, but each game is on the end of the curve, when everything has gone to shit. Also, in the 2, not a fucking civilization has found a solution for the undead curse, so we may think that it was on the same cycle, more and more downhill.
>>
>>316635087
It's one of those old timey cutouts for pictures.

It's because the woman is "missing" and will never be returned, so the best possibility is for someone else to step into her role, but it'll never be quite right.
>>
>>316643475
Do you know what post apocalypse means? Bloodborne is the only one in the series that isn't that. It's set during something that might be called an apocalypse, though even that's debatable as people talk about the night like it'll end and that they'll be able to rebuild afterwards. It's definitely not set after it.
Meanwhile all the other Souls games are set in ruins of cultures that have entirely fallen apart and are now rampant with crazed hollows.
How did you even make that post? What the fuck caused you to think what you thought?
>>
>>316644530
Bloodborne is not a souls game. It was rushed, it's not part of the main series, doesn't even take place in the same world. Dark souls 2 was made by a different development team and didn't even have the same director, and Dark Souls 3 has been in development for 2 years minimum.

Faggot.
>>
>>316644461
Are you actually stupid or are you pretending. Or is it that you haven't played the game? Both games take place in a world thats already dead
You know what kills worlds? Fucking Apocalypses. Therefore in order for you to be in a dead world shit would have had to already hit the fan there for post apocalyptic. After the Apocalypse
>>
>>316632430
He's right you retard, it speaks volumes about you that you think Dark Souls is 2deep4you and 2hardcore4u.
Just because you can't put two and two together does not mean it tries too hard, it just means you are a simple minded chump that wants everything spelled out for you.
>>
>>316644542
I'm not sure if this is meant to be a joke or not but either way it's actually true. Human beings don't fully develop their thinking capacity until about that age.
>>
>>316632316
Ignore those replies, I'm with you. DDark Souls for me was a fantastic "knight on a quest" game where I had to design a character who could over come obstacles. It was fun, fuck the haters.
>>
File: 1440078886854.jpg (25 KB, 463x463) Image search: [Google]
1440078886854.jpg
25 KB, 463x463
>>316644842
>Bloodborne is not a souls game
LMAO.
Ok dude.
Whatever you say you.
You fucking handicap.
>>
>>316644842
I'm a fromdrone, and Bloodborne is a fucking souls game.
Demon Souls doesn't take place in the same world as Dark Souls but that's a souls game, so your logic is shit.

>If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
That's Bloodborne.
>>
>>316644842
Dark Souls is not a souls game. It was rushed, and it's not part of the same series as Demon's Souls, doesn't even take place in the same world.
>>
>>316636362
It doesn't usually kill you the first time. You get hit with the flame, leaving you with very little health, but still alive. With more than enough time to reach safety.

It's fire is nerfed on your first encounter.
>>
File: onion.png (23 KB, 126x121) Image search: [Google]
onion.png
23 KB, 126x121
>>316644842
>bloodborne is not a souls game
>>
>>316645132
>>316645247
He's either pretending to be retarded or is a legitimately retarded. Either way, he's just not worth speaking to.
>>
>>316640272
I think we're confusing lore, or backstory, with the actual plot. Dark Souls has a really simple plot (An ancient evil has awakened... or it's awakening, I don't know, make it go back to sleep) but in terms of backstory, every character or boss has some reason to be where they are, a lot of the items have some level of significance and the areas all have some backstory to them in terms of "what the fuck happened here."

What it did incredibly well, however, was allow you to ignore absolutely all of that.
>>
>>316644842
Dark Souls 1-2, Bloodborne, and Das3 are really just Demon's Souls 2-5, respectively. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>316645132
>It's not a souls game because souls isn't in the title
This is what their thought process must be.
>>
File: horrifying.jpg (16 KB, 960x575) Image search: [Google]
horrifying.jpg
16 KB, 960x575
>>316632707
jesus christ.
this is one of the few things in a long time to genuinely made me disgusted.
>>
File: 4345432524.png (252 KB, 454x358) Image search: [Google]
4345432524.png
252 KB, 454x358
>>316644145
>I keep forgetting to never argue with soulsplebs

THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE THIS THREAD YOU FUCKING CUNT!?
>>
>>316636443
>trying to fit everything into one interconnected world makes it convoluted and confusing, it's often unclear where you need to go and what you need to do
so you'd prefer quest markers than a system that encourages and rewards exploration?
>>
>>316644842
>it was rushed
What in the FUCK are you talking about? BB is probably the most finished and polished game in the series. It may have been scaled down and that is debatable, but scaling down when a project is too large to handle is what you're supposed to do when you're competent. Otherwise you end up with another Bed of Chaos/repeating texture lava box hell.

Bloodborne is identical mechanically to any souls game. The only difference is no equip load and the tricked mode gimmick.
>>
File: 1440542490018.jpg (33 KB, 291x329) Image search: [Google]
1440542490018.jpg
33 KB, 291x329
>>316631698
>2deep4u
How? Game literally tries to keep story to minimum and still does some decent job with it keeping it on level that is enough to give purpose but not too much of it so it doesn't make you stop to watch cutscene every five minutes which in my opinion is perfect for vidya.
It's only the lorefags trying to make it some deep game in terms of storytelling.
>2hardcore4u
While some areas especialy in the second half of the game suffer from this there is not much of them and the whole difficulty is basicly "Don't be a rushing retard" with exception on bosses which are either block or dodge when enemy attacks and then attack him, repeat until you kill him.
Again it's only the retards and casuals praising it for being hard, only hard thing in it is the punishment for fucking up which was common in old games but not often anymore.

Dark Souls tries to be a video game going back into the roots of vidya nothing more, which is why it's great.
Only problems it has are caused by retarded community playing beacuse of git gud meme.
>>
>>316645363
Dark souls plot is easy.
>Our fire went out and everything got fucked up.
>Go fix it.
>Or don't, I don't care.
>>
>>316645543
I'm not OP you delusional fool. Despite how retarded neo-/v/ is, there's plenty of people who recognize Dark Souls' rampant memedom.
>>
>>316645636
I'd say it's more like
>The fire is going out and shit's getting fucked up
>Fix the fire
>And then a different guy says not to fix the fire
>Either way the ending is disappointing
>>
>>316645676
Riiiiiight.
>>
File: 1421802153861.gif (467 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1421802153861.gif
467 KB, 200x200
>>316645676
I don't like It, it's a meme
>>
File: 8686888222fuckyou.jpg (40 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
8686888222fuckyou.jpg
40 KB, 500x370
>>316644570
>This guy literally does exactly what i called souls fans out for..

I don't even have issues with the difficulty. It's a bad game. I describe issues with the game that don't involve or mention the difficulty, and i'm accused of being bad and hating it because of the difficulty.

it seems like /v/ just tells everyone to get good because it's the only thing they have and most of the time it's not even relevant.
>>
>>316645740
The ending was pretty trash. But I didnt play the game for the plot so no complaints from me
>>
File: p47BLRx.gif (2 MB, 326x236) Image search: [Google]
p47BLRx.gif
2 MB, 326x236
>>316644842
This is your brain on Meme Souls.
>>
>>316631698
>The only people who play this are people who enjoy being into something that hard to understand for the sake of complexity. Its the epitome of pretension.
is this the evangelion of video games?
>>
>>316646094
>spongebob
Fuck off kid.
>>
>>316641398
>4/top10
>leaves 6 western games
>still angry at weebs for some reason
>>
>>316646429
>LOOK AT ME I SHITPOSTED!
>>
>>316646505
Cool shitpost, shithead.
>>
File: 56345724826.jpg (8 KB, 229x200) Image search: [Google]
56345724826.jpg
8 KB, 229x200
>>316646564
Fuck off you faggot
>>
File: 1407546767653.png (127 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
1407546767653.png
127 KB, 744x1052
>>316646505
>>316646564
>"You shitposted!"
>"no u!"
Seriously?
>>
>>316646094
This is what I hate about /v/.
Dark Souls is not a bad game by any fucking means. You're all just wannabe cynics.
You know what is a bad game? The fucking Adams family game for the fucking NES or Charlies Angels for the goddamn Gamecube.

You people wouldn't know a bad game if it fucking castrated you.
>>
>>316646773
Only shitposter here is you. I came here to discuss the game. You came here to post spongebob and write insulting 1 liners.
>>
>>316631698
i don't own a system or a computer. i play maybe 3 or 4 games on and off per year on various friends' systems.

i'm the penultimate casual

i still beat this fucking game without much effort. get good, faggot.
>>
>>316646951
>The fucking Adams family game for the fucking NES
you best not be talking shit about the uncle fester game
>>
>>316647219
I didn't know about that one, I was talking about Pugsleys scavanger hunt
>>
I enjoyed Dark Souls. I like the vagueness of the story, but the fact you could piece some stuff together to get a "most likely" answer.

PVE was enjoyable. PVP was frustrating, either due to shitters, my own lack of skills, or the bad netcode.

Graphically I admit I thought it was pretty bad.

Sound was average to good, but hardly anything special.

The simple fact it did not hand hold you is what made me like it.
>>
File: 1351134866890.jpg (161 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
1351134866890.jpg
161 KB, 420x500
>>316647634
>pugsleys scavenger hunt
>>
>>316644570
>normies complaining about souls
>most normies I know consider souls games hardcore
>I've beaten souls multiple times and never had problems with it.
>It's brain candy
> shallow combat
>bad graphics
>boring story
>only reason I play is the game is oddly relaxing and comfy.

Honestly souls fans are shitters and should just kill themselves.
>>
I like the game.
>>
>>316648162
Me too, anon. Have a nice day. :)
>>
>>316648064
None of those things you said are even remotely true and you know it.

Brain candy. Huh. I hadn't thought of that but it's true.
>>
>>316648227
Thanks, you too, friend! :)
>>
>>316631698
GIT GUD
>>
>>316631698
>2hardcore4u
Acquire proficiency
>>
>>316631698
Locate competence.
>>
>>316648337
What's wrong about it? Souls graphics aren't very good, the combat has no depth to it. Story is really subjective so I'll leave that out. I just felt the game is underwhelming as a whole. The only people I know who complain about it's difficulty are my normie friends. There also some of the more rabid defenders of the game to. I'm not saying it's a bad game but I don't think it's a 10/10 game I say for me it's a 6-7/10. Not bad but nothing amazing.
>>
>>316648942
>combat has no depth to it
Define depth
>>
>>316649174
Okay well for me it would be
>combos
>tricks
>tech
Souls games have very basic combos and the magic system is lacking. I personally feel if they added animation canceling and made magic castable on the fly you could have more interesting combat.
>>
I've platinum'd this game and I like it, great atmosphere, nice designs etc. My only gripe is that you have to finish the game 3 times for the retarded crafting which also sucked no matter if you went for trophy or not.
>>
This game is loved by narcissists who like to think they're better than "casual" gamers.

They'll say it's the story or the atmosphere or the combat, but really it's the shoehorned difficulty.

Worst fanbase.
>>
>>316649552
Ahh I see, I don't believe combos/tech would fit in a Souls game, personally I prefer the current system that rewards planning ahead and patience instead of only raw skill. However, animation canceling and a better casting system would be pretty nice to see
>>
>>316650007
yeah, there's no way anyone can find this fun
they're just putting up an act to be pretentious

pretending to have fun
>>
>>316649552
>I personally feel if they added animation canceling
But the entire thing the Dark Souls combat system is based around is the fact that you have to commit to attacks. Animation canceling would be the worst fit imaginable.
That's the difference between Souls and DMC, for example. DMC's combat is about the mechanical skill involved in attacking really well, chaining attacks into eachother, being quick to react and all that jazz. The entire point of Souls combat is not to be mechanically intensive, but to have you decide when to attack and when not to attack based on positioning and enemy tells. Obviously you have to do that in DMC as well, but it's not where the focus lies while in Souls you do essentially nothing but that.
I really like both, and I would definitely agree that DMC's system has a higher skill ceiling, but a combat system like DMC's wouldn't fit a game with Dark Souls' setting and mood at all. The current system is enjoyable and sets the mood properly.
>>
>>316631698
b8 thread
>>
>>316633673
You didn't just cheese him by running up the stairs and blocking the dogs and him til they fall then drop attack and repeat? What's wrong with you
>>
>>316651161
>the point of souls combat is that it's shit

Look man I'm not saying souls has to be dmc cuhrazy fast combat but animation canceling would be fine and would allow for more better combat. Souls combat as it stands is passable but not great or deep like so many people like to claim.
>>
>>316649552
>>316651838
Dark Souls 2 had animation cancelling and it was fucking SHIT. Anyone who thinks it made the combat even remotely more interesting has brain damage.
>>
>>316652014
Dude don't lie to me I've played dark souls 2 it doesn't have animation canceling except for you getting stunlocked.
>>
>>316652214
Be faster with your inputs, learn to use binoculars.
>>
>>316652391
Yeah at 60fps hitting that first frame animation cancel is pretty hard.
>>
>>316652214
>Binoculars eliminate recovery animations (stamina regeneration begins immediately after a sword swing followed by binos).
>Rolling before a spell is cast cancels it.
>Rolling before a punch comes out cancels it, and it still does damage.
>>
>>316639830
Nice meme response
>>
>>316651838
>Souls combat as it stands is passable but not great or deep like so many people like to claim
What makes it great is that because of how limited you are in your mobility when attacking, the positions and status of enemies matters more. For example, I've played both Dark Souls and DMC4 multiple times, and even during my second playthrough of Dark Souls I remembered where every single enemy was. In DMC, I don't remember any of the specific normal encounters at all, all I know is that I'll have to be good at quick inputs and knowing how to cancel animations to beat them up. Dark Souls is heavily knowledge based, and DMC is heavily mechanical skill based. Both systems and their attached games are enjoyed for entirely different reasons.
>>
>>316639191
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne

This thread was golden.
>>
>>316640361
That's the entire playerbase though, even then the series is shit for it. Anything with peer to peer servers is instant garbage.
>>
File: file.png (632 KB, 952x526) Image search: [Google]
file.png
632 KB, 952x526
get fucking gud you pansy
>>
>>316632420
That area is very handy for soul/level grinding.

> Up and down the stairs collecting 500 souls with ease.
>>
>>316651838
If you put in animation cancelling the game would become the same as any other 3rd person action RPG. Like it or not, it's what makes the combat unique and is part of the identity of the series.

If you really want to add complexity, then it should build on the core of the combat, which basically involves judging attack timings and whether you have the stamina/time/poise in order to complete an attack.
>>
>>316633294
He did? I watched that part of the commentary and he pretty much said it was bad and unfair.
>>
>>316633673
I grinded plenty and got the Drake Sword. I beat Capra with laughable ease.

If you just try and zoom through areas without leveling up you are going to get burned. Grind and stock up on shit and you can confudently progress.
>>
>>316653402
Pretty sure i heard him tell you there were a couple signs you could watch out for, might have been a different segment though.
>>
Was Bloodborne your first souls game?
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.