[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw forbes is better at reviewing games than dedicated v
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 17
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (31 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
31 KB, 238x293
>tfw forbes is better at reviewing games than dedicated video games sites
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/11/13/the-5-biggest-problems-with-fallout-4/
>>
>>316616673
>http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/11/13/the-5-biggest-problems-with-fallout-4/

>graphics
dont care, modders will fix them
>bugs
There isnt a single open world game in the history of mankind without their share of bugs, they come with the genre
>dialogue
i agree, i have to guess what my character will say when i choose something
>combat
just dont use VATS
>more of the same
thats exactly what we asked for
>>
performance issues should not be as awful as they are for such an incremental upgrade of FO3

I think this is the laziest game Bethesda have ever made
>>
File: 1441389172036.png (220 KB, 440x485) Image search: [Google]
1441389172036.png
220 KB, 440x485
>>316617576
>>
>>316616673
>there is really no excuse for these graphics
>graphics dont matter

the reviewer is a fucking mongoloid retard that contradicts himself in the first fucking paragraph
>>
>using the same engine for 13 years
They can't keep getting away with it
>>
>>316618841
you seem to lack basic reading comprehension
>>
>>316617576
Todd plz.
>>
No, eric kain is just a good journalist
>>
>playing fallout
>hide behind car in gunfight
>it explodes

Even if - for some reason - cars did explode when you shot them, gas goes bad in like 3 years. 0/10
>>
>>316619550
No you don't get it, they're powered by mininukes
>>
>>316619550
>gas
Nice knowing that this is your first Fallout. :)
>>
>>316619735
Oil is very big part of fallout.
>>316619721
>implying a nuke would explode if you shot it.
>>
>When The Witcher 3 came out looking, in my humblest of opinions, worse than The Witcher 2, that mattered to me.

Witcherkeks btfo
>>
>>316616673
You clearly have not read many forbes articles on video games.

Because they are really cringey.
>>
Anyone know if there are more cities in the game as Diamond City? with its shops, its residents, their stories, etc. No cities that are abandoned.
>>
>>316619101
>MGSV is basically Far Cry 3! :^)

No he isn't.
>>
>>316620191
>Oil is very big part of fallout.
except all the vehicles are powered by small fusion reactors

You actually got to drive a car in Fallout 2 and it took microfusion cells as fuel
>>
>>316620590
Well, it is. Far Cry 3 has even more challenging stealth.
>>
>>316620734
but FC3 has one of the worst MCs ever made
>>
>>316620669
Yeah and in fallout 2 fusion cores powered power armour for hundreds of years not 30 min. Still doesn't matter, shooting anything nuclear would not make it explode.
>>
>>316619550
You're two games too late for this criticism, Bethesda is too proud to retcon a mistake without putting on some extra lore to bullshit their way out of being "wrong." Look at how they defended their shitty Pip-Boy 3000 design by saying "yeah well most products in the '50s weren't ergonomically designed very well either lol" like they didn't REALLY make a mistake, the new one with a fixed design is just a newer model. :^)
>>
File: 1447539350867.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447539350867.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>316620590
I dont agree with everything he says, but we need more of him in the video game journalism world
>>
What is Todd doing right now, at this very second?
>>
>>316620870
>Still doesn't matter, shooting anything nuclear would not make it explode.
in Bethesda's world it does

Most of the cars in NV couldn't be made to explode either
>>
>>316620980
Hah, nice
>>
>>316620734
The similarities are superficial and it is a completely baseless comparison to make at the start of an article about MGSV on it's launch week.
>>
>>316620867
In TPP you play as mute self insert, but MC isn't the issue there.
>>
>>316620980
can you still freeroam if you nuke boston
>>
>>316621110
masturbating with money
>>
>>316620886
Why do people still like this company? Let alone think it's the saviour of the industry.

>>316620980
That's disapointing, still who cares about the son? It's such forced bullshit, at least in fallout 3 Liam neeson talked to you for a bit and made you kinda like him. You just kinda poke him three times and then he's gone. Not really an attachment their. He should have been a bit older at least to speak...
>>
>>316616673
>When The Witcher 3 came out looking, in my humblest of opinions, worse than The Witcher 2

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>316621285
lol i've played the game for about an hour. Just had it spoiled for me so i thought i'd share the love ;)
>>
are there any mad max fury road references in this game?
>>
>>316621386
glad you enjoyed killing your own son
>>
With the shit that Fallout 4's getting thrown at it, are people finally realising how lazy Bethesda is?
>>
>>316621480
nah m8 who the fuck needs boston
>>
>>316619550
>play GTASA
>shoot 1 bullet at rear of car
>car explodes

you faggots claim this niggers game is GOAT...
fuck /v/ is full of hypocritical faggots
>>
>>316616673
my beefs so far are
>a lot of clothes are considered armor
>r for reload and r for transfer is retarded especially when cranking
>heavy melee/gun melee and hold for grenade is retarded. 80% of the time I'm stealthed and go to toss a grenade I melee the air warning the enemy
>no simple way to tell what a settler's job is. Sure they could be working food but if they're 20 yards away you can't really tell
>hardly any buildables as far as walls. can't even build a small gate in a small fence
>a lot of the dialogues I've had had just up and ended with the npc not continuing the dialogue. I'd have to restart the conversation 2 or 3 times to get through
>>
>>316620980
normally I'd be mildly upset but the story is shit anyway, so who really cares?

>hurrr this is ur waifu, heres a nigger baby
>oh no! someone killed ur waifu and stole your nigger baby who is just a static doll
>omg dont u feel so bad, go find ur son lad

Maybe if Beth put effort into animating the nigger baby and make him likable or something, but how can they expect to feel a bond to a plastic doll
>>
>>316621694
They couldn't get Liam Neeson to voice the baby so they had to roll with what they had.
>>
>>316621694
>Maybe if Beth put effort
Maybe if Beth put effort we would have had anything but the settlement building be decent
>>
>>316616673
it's sad but forbes is one of the few places i read reviews
>>
>>316621694
they could have made you feel a need to protect the baby. then again, i'd rather [spoilers] just a little nigger baby die then a whole city[spoilers]
>>
>>316616673
>1. There’s really no excuse for these graphics.
Closed the tab right there.

Go watch a movie if you care so much about the visuals and m-muh lore, you mouthbreathing cunt.
>>
>>316621630
That game wasn't trying to be taken seriously in any regard.
>>
>>316621630
>implying I have a positive opinion on gtasa
You gotta respect what it did for the genre though.

Nothing inspiring for fo4 though
>>
>>316621913
Why bother with new generations?
>>
>Only guy that was calling out on all the journalists blaming the players for being mad at the shitheel ending of ME3
>>
>>316621630
I'm sad you weren't one of the people shot up in Paris yesterday. People as stupid as you should really not be allowed to live.
>>
>>316621308

>Literally forced to go MUH SON on most of the conversations moving the story forward, except when you got the recipe for a teleporter where apparently you don't give a shit anymore AD VICTORIUM
>NO FUN ALLOWED if I EVER catch you using SARCASM around me ever again faggot I'll fucking bury you ALIVE responses
>Speech checks with no speech skill, unless you like blowing entire level ups on vague as fuck chances you rarely actually see, as opposed to older games where with skill points given on level up you can just put a few in every level while still gaining in more important areas
>Being evil is virtually impossible because muh son, muh teleporter means you have to be friends with a group of retards, a group of hipster faggots or bisexual george clooney and a lame limp wristed representation of Tactics(?) BoS

Thank fuck I'm just speedrunning it so I can validate my criticisms against the normie tide and carry on with my Fallout reverse marathon, unless GOTY edition fixes this I fucking want off this shit.
>>
>>316621913
Fallout has only its universe to stand on though. The gameplay is a generic shooter with an RNG aimbot.
>>
>>316621415
Some of the names codsworth can say are from the mad max movies
>>
>>316621902
>>316621694
>>316621785
Your character feels sad so you have to feel sad.
Feel the sad feels anon
>>
>>316621630
>/v/ is a hivemind
Damn nigga that's funny
>>
I'm starting to miss the days when a game breaking bug was just part of the game.

Is everyone so spoiled that they want things now and it better be perfect? Not too long ago what was released is what you got, nowadays they can fix and patch something in like 5 minutes

Kids theses days need to go back to the Stone Age of gaming, y'all don't deserve all this cool shit
>>
>>316616673
The only criticism of the game that holds any water is that no non-combat ability aside from charisma has any impact on quests and as a result everything is either a kill quest or scavenger hunt.

Outside of that it's an improvement for the series.
>>
Anyone felt they tarded up the BoS and made them too evil? The brotherhood in 1 and 2 wouldnt want to erradicate all synths let alone friendly ones like danse.
>>
I'm having too much fun with this game to care what reviewers have to say, anon. When was the last time you actually enjoyed a game without nitpicking all its little flaws?
>>
File: 3.gif (1 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
1 MB, 350x196
>>316621945
>>316621960
>>316622087
>>316622087

>GTA defense force
>>
>>316622180
You're a raging faggot if you want games to be released broken.
>>
>>316622180

Nigger literally every other game is delayed till 2016 because we're in an age where developers DON'T want to be ruined by a shitty launch when people aren't buying enough copies these days.
Fallout is entirely getting by thanks to normies thinking Beth can do great storytelling and world building shitting on old lore and using voice acting in every dialogue.
>>
>>316622180
But its the same engine as skrim. They couldn't spend a month debugging?
>>
>>316622180
When I buy a new car, it should work without too many issues.

The same applies to anything in a capitalist society.
>>
>Forcing a family on the player even though nobody would give a shit
>All dialogue is focused towards muh son, muh family that moves the shitty plot forward

I hate it when media tells me I should care about people I don't care about.
>>
>>316622136
But your character doesn't feel sad.

You watch your waifu get murdered and you don't even respond, not even a script "NO, MY WAIFU!", just silence and 5 seconds later you loot her body and start boxing molerats.
>>
>>316622236
>BoS help out the wastelanders
>omg bethesda stop raping the lore!!
>BoS do their own thing
>omg bethesda stop raping the lore!!
Kill yourself my man

Food for thought. BGS has been developing Fallout games now longer than Black Isle ever did. Thus, it's more appropriate to suggest BGS has created the "proper" Fallout experience as they have been honing and defining it the longest. Also, Fallout is far more popular under BGS' leadership than it ever was under Black Isle. Yes, the original games are PC-only, but BGS made Fallout accessible and popular on all platforms
>>
>>316621913
The asspain is real. Does it hurt whenever you look at the game and try to love it, despite being a broken and ugly mess?
>>
>>316622097
Bethesda needs to shitcan their writers, they're not doing a good job.
>>
>>316617576
>people asked for LITERALLY the exact same content with no improvement

lol Todd go home
>>
>>316622372
>caring about plot in an open world Bethesda game
Literally autism
>>
>>316622236

Thing is they have no problem with Ghouls, it's just ferals.
All Super Mutes should die though.
Synths are mostly spooky to them when they haven't finished fixing the whole fucking world yet. Basically new world order in the making.

My problem is the way you're getting made Arch Mage- I mean Paladin way too fucking quickly thanks to special recommendation, and how despite one person saying you're the healthiest, one saying you actually have purpose, and one saying you're a cool dude, they all think you're freeloading scum. That and there's not enough of them for what is supposed to be a mobile fucking citadel jesus christ Beth can't you build ANYTHING to scale?
>>
>>316622351
>bullshit
- GM
>>
>>316622456
They're barely doing anything. Holy shit Boston is probably the most boring Fallout world to date
>>
>>316616673

Probably because the person writing for Forbes has a higher education level or at the very least, superior sense and logic when compared to those that write for your typical gaming site.
>>
>>316616673

As video games have "made it" and companies realize how much money is made, we should see much better and more critical reviews.

Small gaming sites and publications are beholden to video game marketing dollars. Major media outlets don't give a shit about that, so they can be more critical.

It's a good thing.
>>
>>316622548
Every Bethesda game before FO3 had at least a decent if not good story. They released FO3 and people didn't give them enough shit for how bad the story was and so they realized they could get away with it. That's why Skyrim's was so bad and why FO4's is kill your son or nuke commonwealth and "Father: I am your son"
>>
>>316619005
Halo has been using the same engine for 15 years.

COD has been using the same engine for at least 17 years.

It's not the engines fault, it's the DEVELOPERS. You actually think if they just changed to a new engine all the problems will go away? Lmao.
>>
>>316621993
Physics, map size, number of towns/people in game, more items in game. Game developers need to quit just throwing the whole games budget at making the new gen games just look as photorealistic as possible

Although Bethesda didn't really get any of that stuff right either. i can't figure out where exactly the games budget went.
>>
>a bunch of really incredible looking games, from Batman: Arkham Knight to the latest Tomb Raider.
Both these games don't have NPCs or worlds you can effect. Tomb Raider especially, its hub based and you are extremely limited in all things. So visuals are very easy to do as you have full control of a small-scale game.
There is no excuse for the poor character models and facial animations though, but there is simply more shit to create visually in Fallout 4 than there is in Batman AK or Tomb Raider.

>combat
I don't even understand what he wants. "It needs to be better". It feels like another modern shooter which no one is just going to evolve out of. At best they could have some smoother movement system which would directly effect shooting and melee combat. Melee just needs more options in attacking.

>more of the same
This is the case for all open world games. GTA games since 3 are very similar, they improve many aspects of gameplay but its the same formula. JC3 is more of the same of JC2. Ubisoft open worlds don't even need an explanation, they reuse formulas from one genre to the next.
>>
>>316622180
Even in the "Golden Era" of CRPGs games frequently shipped in a far worse state than modern Bethesda titles and the developers regularly stopped patching games long before they even came close to an acceptable state.

Just look at the thousands of bugs fixed in the modern unofficial patches for them that the devs never fixed.

Most /v/ denizens aren't old enough to have played any of them on release or are otherwise blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>316622726

FO3 actually has some varied and not so generic plot points like the virtual reality segment, and you don't get that many dialogue options and shit compared to more generic AAA games so it probably blew the minds and dicks of shit tons of plebs.

FO4 is getting carried because MUH BEST SELLING EVER GETTING A SEQUEL HYPE MOTHERFUCKERS and set pieces like the BoS airship arriving. However the massive user review dump on metacritic suggests the plebs have NOT had their shit blown this time around.
>>
>>316622726
>oblivion
>decent story
Absolutely epic
>>
>>316621913

Look, I love the game and I'm having a lot of fun with it and I'll continue playing it but there's no denying, the graphics are fucking atrocious.

I have NO doubt that they're release an HD pack/patch/whatever to partially fix it but the state in which it launched is sad.
>>
>>316622378
Maybe he internally feels sad?
>>
>>316616673
>Attempt to visit any Forbes link
>Redirected to an entirely different article or the front page every time
>>
>>316622736
But it /is/ the engine's fault.
Gamebryo is a fucking terrible, buggy engine that crashes even in other developer's hands. Bully: Scholarship, Epic Mickey, Splatterhouse...
>>
>>316623042
Technically FO4 is in a better state than either FO3 or New Vegas were at release.

I'm running it on a computer that actually meets recommended specs though.
>>
File: 1447329621520.jpg (177 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
1447329621520.jpg
177 KB, 1024x730
>>316616673
It's a very well known fact that Forbes bases most of their opinions on the popular opinions of 4chan.
>>
>>316623210

>Bully
Holy shit, Bethesda is responsible for that fucking black screen during the segment where you're pranking the football team? God dammit.
>>
>>316623210
Civ 5 and Catherine were both done in Gamebryo and they're fine. There is nothing wrong with the engine.
>>
>>316623250
is that well known?
>>
>>316623307

>Civ 5
>Fine

Ahahaha nigger, that shit did not work in multi for weeks, still doesn't work well compared to 4 for the likes of multi/mods and the performance is absolute shit, especially with any amount of AI.
>>
>>316623074
Maybe he internally feels happy, because his cheating wife and coalburner afterbirth is dead/gone and he can have fun times with lewd ghouls?
>>
>>316623417
People played Civ 5 multiplayer?

Really?
>>
>>316623426
Honestly I can't wait for the alternate start mod. The premise they set you up with is really fucking gay. I don't want to be a kek
>>
>>316623210
Alright, when they transition to the new engine don't start crying when you lose almost ALL modding functionality. They've been using almost the same editor since oblivion.

What engine do you suppose they move to? I can't think of any other engine that would be as suitable for bethesda's sandbox model than gamebryo. Everything else is tailor made for different genres.
>>
>>316623346
Yea, they especially get all their financial info from /biz/ and /b/.
>>
>>316623417
Good thing the guy you replied to was wrong, civ 4 is the one that was made with gamebryo.
>>
>>316623532
>kek
I'm not sure you actually know what the word means because it sure as hell doesn't fit this situation.
>>
File: 1447363501295.jpg (207 KB, 652x1004) Image search: [Google]
1447363501295.jpg
207 KB, 652x1004
itt
>>
>>316623521

People played Civ 4 and older multi, people couldn't even start with 5 so go fig.
>>
>>316620191
What would it do? Im actually curious what it would take to detonate a warhead.
>>
>>316617576
>thats exactly what we asked for
fuck off no it's not
>>
>>316623701
Yeah I was. I get the two confused.
>>
>>316617576
todd, fuck off
>>
>>316623713
They have wordfilters now anon. Take a wild guess what I typed
it was c-u-c-k
>>
>>316623734

You need a device to split an atom that then triggers a chain reaction in a load of material that's really good at it (plutonium).

Bullets can't split atoms and even if you hit the detonator it's locked in place to prevent premature detonations from impacts. If anything it might scatter a bit of radioactive dust if you penetrated it.
>>
File: salt.jpg (47 KB, 515x819) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
47 KB, 515x819
I don't think this is worth starting yet another fallout 4 thread, so I'll just put it here.

Ron Perlman doesn't even say "War, war never changes." in the intro.

What the fuck. This game is dead to me.
>>
>>316623886
>Bullets can't split atoms
Maybe you should level up your gun skill more anon
>>
>>316623734
Firstly:
The cars don't actually run on nuclear bombs.

Secondly:
Nothing. The critical mass for a nuclear reaction is dispersed throughout the bombshell and is imploded in on itself to trigger the bomb. It's a very controlled situation.

Third:
You're responding to one of those dedicated shitposters. Stop wasting your time.
>>
>>316623851
I know that you fucking mouthbreather. Your character in FO4 isn't a c-u-c-k by any definition of the word.
>>
He's just saying the same thing everyone else is saying. You could really just sum up his copy/pasted points into one.

1.) It's a Bethesda Game and has all the same problems as the last one.

But this time around people are actually giving them shit for it.
>>
>>316623006
It wasn't inherently bad. The first Thieves Guild quest offered more depth than the entirety of Skyrim's quests.
>>
>>316620980
Okay this isn't the fucking ending, or at least it's super misleading.

You don't kill your son or nuke Boston, you son dies of cancer regardless of what you do and if you go against the Institute you can nuke their headquarters or whatever.
>>
File: 1420805094782[1].jpg (66 KB, 956x631) Image search: [Google]
1420805094782[1].jpg
66 KB, 956x631
>>316616673

that became very clear a long time ago.
i usually agree with their ratings, but even when i don't i agree with their points and valid criticism.
the difference is that they might be writing knowing they're writing for adults while the average reviewer not only is a manchild himself but also knows the more easy to
>>
>>316623006
Oblivions quest and main plot shat all over Skyrim's anon. Prove me wrong
>>
>>316617576
>dont care, modders will fix them
lol
>hey this food looks weird
>welp who cares, i'll just wait for another customer to fix this for me instead of telling the chef he cant cook
>>
>>316624628
>video games are food now
>>
>tfw actual journalists are better at critiscim than glorified Amazon reviewers.

Yeah no shit OP.
>>
>>316623669
jesus, that sucks
>>
>>316616673
>When The Witcher 3 came out looking, in my humblest of opinions, worse than The Witcher 2, that mattered to me

To bad this retards "humblest opinion" is objectively wrong.
>>
>>316621285
Hopefully it's less shitty then nuking Megaton
>>
>>316624317
I don't think people on /v/ know what this word means anymore
>>
>>316625234
Help us understand the true meaning of cu-ck. Demonstrate it
>>
File: 1359273226148.png (85 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1359273226148.png
85 KB, 288x339
>>316625079

Are people really praising this guy in this thread. I know you all want to jump aboard any train that's bashing Fallout 4 but come on, what the fuck is that. Even with Downgrade there's no way you can actually believe TW2 looks better.
>>
Forbes doesn't write these articles. This is from their freelance blog section. Erik Kain is an austistic from /v/ who does these freelance blog posts for $5 a piece and then links them here for views. But then /v/ turned on him because he supported Anita or defended a tranny or some dumb anti-GG thing a few months ago.
>>
>>316624387
People gave them shit for Skyrim, Skyrim was in a way worse vanilla-state than FO4. Minus the performance which is my biggest issue with FO4 right now.
>>
>>316625457
He also thinks that Demon's Souls is one of the best looking games for the PS3.
>>
>>316624559
Especially the guild quests

>bring that letter to city A
>now bring that letter to city B
>now bring that latter to city C

>sell for (100) coins of stolen items
>Good, now sell for (200) coins of stolen items
>Good, now sell for (300) coins of stolen items

Let's not forget that awesome main quest "Martin's errand boy"

It had its moments but everybody got bored of the generic feel of Oblivion, I mean who even enter Oblivion gates after you've done 5/6 of them?

It's always the same shit
>>
I just can't get over how disappointing this game is.
>>
File: 1446893560611.jpg (88 KB, 960x955) Image search: [Google]
1446893560611.jpg
88 KB, 960x955
>>316625938
I'm genuinely incredibly fucking curious about what you expected from Fallout 4. Everything they talked about at E3 is in the game and even more shit is on top of it.

Like where could you have possibly gone in your head to overdo expectations on a launch bethesda game.
>>
>>316625938

I find hard to be disappointed, I knew what I was getting. It's honestly about as good or bad as the last 2 Bethesda games.

What bothers me the most are little gripes that could have easily been fixed and will be fixed by modders within days of the CK release, like Dialogue choices not actually being what your character says, or settlers that are literally just named "settler" you can't fucking have a "radiant" name generator or something, come on.
>>
>>316625457
This, I enjoy Kain but that's straight up wrong, the witcher 2 hasn't aged well at all. It's quite shocking going back to it after playing the witcher 3 maxed out and seeing how shitty the witcher 2 looks compared to it.
>>
>>316620980
The game doesn't end that way though, it is either you side with him and he dies of cancer or you kill him and nuke Boston.
>>
>>316626460
You're playing on console, aren't you?
>>
File: 06m.png (4 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
06m.png
4 MB, 1920x1200
>>316626460
No.
>>
>>316626235
I'll tell you what disappoints me just because you're genuinely incredibly fuckingly curious.

Literally 4 types of enemies, I think there's even less than Fallout 3.
Building is a bugfest (the whole game is actually)
Engine almost untouched from Skyrim. They didn't even fix the FPS bug.
Textures and models are very low quality, they didn't show the bad parts.
4 dialogue options (this one they showed, but it still annoys me)
Literally 3 songs on the radio and the host keeps repeating the same lines.
>>
>>316616673
>TOP 5 REASONS
>good review
>>>/cracked/
>>
>>316626932
No

>>316627264
And that looks significantly worse when compared to the witcher 3
>>
File: 1447485272122.png (2 MB, 1449x1375) Image search: [Google]
1447485272122.png
2 MB, 1449x1375
is thsi going to run on an i7 920, 6gb ram, 6990?
>>
Giving away a few copies of Fallout 4 for steam add me http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198251035280/
>>
All Bethesda needed to do was rename legendaries "badass" and colour code weapons and you'll pretty much have Borderlands. It's almost scary how similar they are now.
>>
>>316627648

You might want to look into turning down Tessellation in the AMD control panel, apparently that's fixing random Boston fps drops for AMD users.

Also God Rays were wrecking my fps and generally look awful anyways. Just type gr off into the console. Turn Shadow Draw Distances down to Medium if you're still getting bad fps in the City.
>>
>>316627524
There's a huge difference between saying The witcher 3 looks better and, I quote:

>the witcher 2 hasn't aged well at all
>how shitty the witcher 2 looks

You've been proved wrong. Bye.
>>
>>316628104

I have no idea where all that tesselation is going then because there's fucking nothing requiring it.

I'm willing to bet it's a simple case of they don't have any fucking culling going on whatsoever, so the game is rendering places it simply should not be.
And on top of that the performance is tanking before before the NPCs that are taking 10 seconds to spawn spawn.
>>
>>316625907
I agree.
Skyrim's "Go to this dungeon, kill the Draguer, and come back." (Repeat x7 for guild quests) were monumentally better.
Especially the part where the completely remove the concept of writing from the equation. After all, can't have a poorly written Guild plot when there's no writing in the first place!
>>
>mention graphics and bugs when there are so many critical things wrong with this mess
Sure, he can't go too in-depth on why Bethesda games are garbage by design on Forge, but come the fuck on.
>>
File: 1446576121617.gif (3 MB, 250x446) Image search: [Google]
1446576121617.gif
3 MB, 250x446
>>316616673
He does point out something that pretty much sums up Fallout 4. How you receive it is completely proportional to how tired you are of buggy releases that look, feel, and play behind the times.

Every reviewer said practically the same thing. The game is fun. It's got some creativity. The main quest seems like an afterthought. Fetch quests are abundant. The Skills/Perks/SPECIAL streamlining isn't a good thing. The game isn't very appreciative of the source material. The combat is improved and base building is a highlight even though it feels like Fallout 3.5. However the scores vary because some can look past the lazy development and "modders will fix it" mentality, and others are straight up fucking sick of it.
>>
>>316627993
Holy shit this
>>
>>316628250
>It's quite shocking going back to it after playing the witcher 3 maxed out and seeing how shitty the witcher 2 looks compared to it.

I said it hasn't aged well and looks shitty when compared to the witcher 3, which it does. It looks amazing for a 2011 game but when compared to a 2015 game it's dated.
>>
>>316616673
why? because they're actually critical of video games? get that heresy out here
>>
>>316628732

There is a game that looks shitty compared to WItcher 3, and it's not Witcher 2.

Different gyu btw.
>>
>>316620336

can't really take the rest of the article seriously when he opens with something like that
>>
>>316629059
Lots of games look shitty when compared to the witcher 3 while some look better,however, all I was saying was that witcher 2 hasn't aged well when compared to the witcher 3. The author of the article claimed that witcher 2 is a better looking game than the witcher 3 which is clearly wrong. The witcher 2 is dated and there is nothing wrong with that as it came out in 2011, I was just saying the author was clearly wrong when he claimed that it looked better.
>>
>>316629514

see

>>316628250
>>
All I can say is that it looks 100 times better than FO3.
We can shit talk about texture pop ins and graphic bloom all we want but the environments in the game do look good, or they're at least more vibrant than FO3
FO3 is a bland stretch of grey nothing that looks like it had toner thrown all over it. in FO4 there's a lot of wooded areas, different building types and weather for starters.
Plus while not amazing, the models in the game are much better than the general havok engine garbage we've been getting.

One thing they fixed I thought would never happen is that your character now feels like they have some weight to them. Your character will actually turn their body if you move at a diagonal direction and they have this oomf to them if you go from standing still to a full run.

Its not that horrible shit in 3 and NV where you character's model would just run at a diagonal and it felt like you were hovering over the ground
>>
File: Ford_Nucleon.jpg (22 KB, 489x326) Image search: [Google]
Ford_Nucleon.jpg
22 KB, 489x326
>>316619550
It's a joke at the expense of the 50's, when thought putting nuclear engines in cars was a fantastic idea when we know now that doing so would be a really, really fucking bad idea. It's not meant to be accurate, it's a bit of humor.

The problem they had wasn't that it isn't totally 100% accurate to physics that a car would explode after 200 years, the problem is that they thought the entire point of fallout was the retro 50's aesthetic and based abso-fucking-lutely everything in the game around it.
>>
>>316629621
You clearly can't understand what I said.
>>
>>316628663
>last 5 years
>getting tired of all the unimaginative triple A garbage that is always the same shit
>play some early access games that look promising
>buggy unfinished mess
>deal with that for the first 2-3 years telling myself that that's just the nature of early access
>none of the games get ever released or when they do they are disappointing and not at all like you imagined the finished product
>new early access titles popping up each die one shittier and buggier than the other
>go back to triple A releases because I just want a complete game that is polished
>triple A titles are literally full-priced buggy pieces of shit now
>>
>>316617576
The sad thing is people 100% believe whats said in this bait post. I understand they have to justify wasting $60 but its getting embarassing at this point.
>>
>>316617576
>modders will fix

stopped reading there lmao
>>
>>316629738

More like 50s diner
Jesus christ everything in every office building and even the fucking stairways is all pointlessly rounded cuboid decorated and bright colours for equipment. Every building in FO2 for example just looks like something from more like the 70s-80s commercial/industrial architecture and burnt around the edges.

Hell, none of the buildings are fucking ruined, or only half fallen apart either. At least the ones near the ones people are actually using.
>>
>>316624221

then explain why fallout 3 and 4 have cars that explode into nuclear clouds and why are they still there 400+ years after the war then smartass
>>
>>316621694

>mixing up wife for waifu

Holy shit first day on the internet, retard?
>>
What are some examples of modern games with good graphics? I built my gaming PC specifically to be able to be able to play modern multiplats, but it can only play The Witcher 3 on Low, while Fallout 4 runs on Ultra without a hitch. I give no fucks about graphics, but playing TW3 for the first time troubled me since I thought I chose better parts.
>>
>>316623734
Nothing would happen except maybe rad leakage. To create a reaction you need to put a really radioactive piece of material (like plutonium) into a really dense surrounding (like uranium). The radiatoion has nowhere to go and starts breaking the atoms, which causes a huge chain reaction.
>>
>>316630717
whats your gpu
>>
File: 1426308853417.jpg (51 KB, 536x720) Image search: [Google]
1426308853417.jpg
51 KB, 536x720
>female character
>housewife with a law degree
>wakes up 200 years later and can suddenly operate a giant mech suit and a minigun
>reaction to jumping forward 200 years in the future with zombies, mutants and giant monsters can only be described as "mild surprise"
>doesn't shit her pants in fear the minute something like a Deathclaw comes out of the ground
The male character I can sort of understand because its established that he's ex army but for the girl its just jarring.
One of her dialogue choices for when she finds out about the minigun is "oh yeah I like that" What the fuck is this.
>>
>>316623648
Create a brand new engine instead of piggybacking the same broken engine.

Reminder, ladders are impossible because of the engine, the engine timing is tied to FPS, the engine cannot handle more than 4GB of RAM properly.
>>
>>316630863
PHL 242G5 (1920x1080@60Hz)
3072MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)
>>
Vats actually is kinda dumb, at least at long distances.
>>
>>316627993
it does give off a very borderlands feel
even the music does
>>
File: 1445993207754.jpg (64 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445993207754.jpg
64 KB, 400x400
>>316617576
Fuck right off Todd.
>>
>>316631469
>R9 200 series
that's about 6 different gpu's nigger
judging from performance, I'd say 280
>>
File: 1379912752129.jpg (95 KB, 326x284) Image search: [Google]
1379912752129.jpg
95 KB, 326x284
>>316616673
>Reminder that Reddit and Tumblr are going full apologist over fallout 4. Defending it as one of the best games of this year
>Reminder that anyone saying this here on /v/ belongs on those websites since they lack any kind of critical thinking
>>
>>316624221
>implying I'm a dedicated shitposter

First time actually voicing my opinion on fallout 4. Jokes on you friendo
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.