[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one of these 3 bundles represents the best possible gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14
File: weeb games.png (762 KB, 656x761) Image search: [Google]
weeb games.png
762 KB, 656x761
Which one of these 3 bundles represents the best possible gameplay experience for someone being introduced to the JRPG genre?
>>
disgaea grindan
>>
>>316598686
Atelier desu
>>
none

they're all giving the worst versions of their respective games
>>
>>316599449
well... except for DD2 since it's the only version anyway
>>
Atelier and Disgaea
>>
>>316599449
I don't know anyone who has a vita, which is a shame, because D4 really fixed up their fonts for the vita version.

So as far as anyone's concerned, those vita versions might as well not even exist.
>>
File: Kaiji15-1.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kaiji15-1.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>316598686
Atelier > Disgaea > Pic Related > Neptunia
>>
>>316600153
Only correct answer
>>
>>316600153
Is that a new Kaiji-san?
>>
>>316598686
>Original version only
trash.jpg
>>
>played every single of those games at launch and even got platinum on each
not sure how to feel
>>
>>316601837
Which series do you like the best?
>>
>>316602079
they're all so different from each others that I typically don't compare them, it's more of a matter of what I feel like playing at the time

Neptunia is nice if you don't want to take anything seriously and just go at it.

Disgaea is sure to steal 300+ hours from my life. Nice to play once every 2 years or so, but I wouldn't want it more often.

Atelier just feels nice, and needs more planning (at least used to), and grinding is even counter-productive so it's weird to have it compared to Disgaea.
>>
>>316598686
D1, D2>D3, D4, DD2
Iris, MK>Arland
Everything above>Neptunia
>>
>>316598686
Disgaea because it has the lowest amount of waifufag moeblob weebshit
>>
No to the atelier one since it's not Rorona+
dunno about the nep one
I think the disgaea one might be the best choice but I don't think none of those come with any dlc.
>>
>>316598686
Holy shit, does that disgaea bundle come with all the dlc?
By itself its an amazing deal, but with all the post game extras for each, you are sorted for 2 years at least
>>
>>316602984
no, all those bundles give the original barebone version of every games with no DLC

I think they don't even have patches included and will have to download them -- be careful if running DD2 in that state, it kills PS3s
>>
>>316602843
You can just buy rorona+ separately, it's like $20 and even cheaper used.
>>
Disgaea is an SRPG so it doesn't count, Altier and Neptunia are fanservice as fuck and only appeal to people who already like Jap games.
>>
>>316603114
Nope, no patches.
Literally takes 40 minutes to download them on my 60mbps connection.
So if you're hoping to play immediately, unplug your internet.
>>
All of them. Holy shit that's good value.
>>
>>316598686
Disgaea is actually an entire different genre. So Atelier for pure classic JRPG style = Disgaea for classic mindfuck SRPG style.

Forget about Neptunia...it's hopeless.
>>
>>316603235
whatever you do, don't do that for DD2 and get it patched

launch version is literally unplayable, I've had over 80 crashes/freeze

rumors of it even overheating PS3s, but mine was fine
>>
>Atelier
Vita versions are better

>Disgaea
Vita versions are better

>Neptunia
Steam versions are better

Verdict: They're all great, but not on PS3.
>>
>NISA

don't buy any of them
>>
>>316603632
too bad nobody has a vita
>>
>>316603632
Totori+ and Meruru+ have negligible changes, all he'd have to do is get rorona+
>>
>>316603632
How are the Vita versions better? Give me a rundown on both series
>>
>>316603829
disgaea vita games come with all dlc packaged in, though there's no D2 vita port
>>
>>316603723
Pstv is like $20-$35, there's no excuse.
>>
>>316603738
calling it rorona+ was confusing, + was merely intended for basic ports with dlc

in japan it was New Rorona (and on both PS3+Vita), being a remake -- without any +
>>
File: atelier rorona plus2.jpg (122 KB, 853x960) Image search: [Google]
atelier rorona plus2.jpg
122 KB, 853x960
>>316603829
The vita versions include the DLC from the ps3 versions, usually.

Really tho.
The only game worth getting separately is rorona+ for the upgraded graphics alone, and it's the only plus version that got a PS3 release just so it could match the visual quality of the other 2 arland games.
>>
>>316603829
More bang for your buck, really. It also depends on how much you care about DLC.

The Vita versions come with most/all DLC. The PS3 versions have the DLC sold separately.

For games like Disgaea, you're easily looking at tens of dollars, when you could just get one Vita game.
>>
>>316598686
Neptunia is fucking shit.
Atelier is great but that bundle contains the outdated and obsoleted versions of those games because that's all NISA had the rights to sell. You want Atelier, but you want the Plus versions, especially in the case of Rorona as Rorona Plus is a full remake and the original game wasn't good.
Disgaea 3 is shit, Disgaea 4 is pretty good, haven't played D2. They're not JRPGs though.
>>
>>316603829
Disgaea: lot more content, DLC included (which is a lot for Disgaea because there's a huge wall of it), bunch of small fixes (D3 especially) -- DD2 is PS3-only though

Atelier: Totori/Meruru not that different, just DLC included, maybe an extra ending or two (I forget). Rorona+ is a remake but it's available on PS3 too.

Neptunia: 1st game on PS3 was especially bad and played like Trinity Universe. Vita has 3 remakes, not ports (also on PC). One downside to the remakes is that they all play/look the same, the 3 original games felt more unique. The remakes (while better) just get old.
>>
>>316603829
Can't speak for Atelier, but in Disgaea's case, Disgaea 3 and 4 on Vita contain the base game, all DLC of the PS3 version (which is a sizable amount of story and characters) and extra content on top of that. Also Disgaea really benefits from being portable visually (because of the sprites) and being able to play it anywhere in short bursts is nice.

Disgaea D2 doesn't have a Vita version though.
>>
>>316600332
>new
Triad, is that you?
>>
>>316603829
Incidentally, the Neptunia series also has Vita versions, and there are actual noticeable gameplay differences. The first original Neptunia game was notoriously clunky, so they've made drastic improvements to the battle system.

Only reasons to pick Steam over the Vita versions is the price and better hardware.
>>
Does it matter if you play Disgaea in order?
>>
>>316603829
has some extra stuff and you don't have to buy the dlc, which really adds up.
this goes for both disgaea and atelier games
>>
>>316604241
not really
they're all set in the same universe, but every numbered sequel is it's own story
only D1 and DD2 are connected.
If you have to play only 1 arc, play that one, since they feature the most recognizable cast.
>>
>>316603738
>>316603829
Totori+ has a "new" dungeon, Meruru+ is largely unchanged but gets a new ending, and with the cost of the DLC you'd have to buy for the PS3 versions and given that the Vita versions have more costumes and shit they're objectively the better versions to get.
Ayesha+ has a bunch more bonus bosses for extra challenge and E&L+ gets more story scenes.
>>
>>316598686
None of them is really a good introduction to the jrpg genre but the best series in the three is Atelier.

Neptunia is absolute cancer and everything I hate about modern jrpg in one game.
>>
>>316604241
no, most of them don't even reference each others "much" save for cameos

they do have a chronological order though, something like
D5 -> D1 -> DD2 -> D2 -> D3 -> D4

since each games vastly improve the gameplay, it's good to play them in release order just so you don't get annoyed when going to old flawed gameplay -- but if you don't care to play them all, just skip to the latest one you have the system for
>>
>>316604502

I want to play 4 on PS3, but then I also have 1 on PSP I should do.
>>
File: atelier vs neptunia2.jpg (2 MB, 1689x3769) Image search: [Google]
atelier vs neptunia2.jpg
2 MB, 1689x3769
>>316598686
>atelier
>neptunia

aren't they the same game?
>>
>>316604631
>I want to play 4 on PS3
Hope you enjoy over $100 of DLC.
It would literally be cheaper to buy a Vita and D4R than to buy D4 and all the DLC for the PS3 version.
>>
>>316604692
Just don't reply.
>>
>>316604714
It would be even cheaper to buy a PSTV.
>>
>tfw bought ayesha before i knew that all the games were getting remade for vita
>haven't even played it.
should i just get the vita version?
also how is ar no surge?
>>
>>316604714

I can't imagine myself caring about DLC, and I have a CFW PS3.
>>
>>316604804
nice reply dude
>>
>>316604839
You'll care about the DLC when you actually look at it and find that a fuckload of shit got cut out to be sold as DLC, from characters, bonus bosses, post-game episodes, to entire game modes.
>>
>>316604815
not him, but having item world on the go is nice.
>>
>>316604815
The OLED though.
>>
>>316604832
don't even bother buying another version of the same game if you haven't opened the first one.
if you really wanted to play it, you would have opened it already
>>
File: 1374468325158.jpg (332 KB, 1316x938) Image search: [Google]
1374468325158.jpg
332 KB, 1316x938
>>316604832
Content-wise the PS3 Ayesha is alright, but it was the first atelier KT released and they thought we didn't care for jp audio... (vita version is the only one with dual audio).

Loved Ar noSurge myself but Ar series is one I have a hard time recommending, may like it, or may think it's the dumbest thing ever.
>>
>>316604832
>should i just get the vita version?
Yes. Ayesha PS3 is dub-only and the dub is shit.
>also how is ar no surge?
A great game, but not in English, because KT/Actill completely fucked up the entire localisation process of it. You're better off waiting some years for either a retranslation (like Ar tonelico 2) or just learning moon to play the original.
>>
>>316605430
>not muting dialog
>>
>>316604961

How much DLC do I need then?
>>
>>316605430
dub wasn't so bad, more bearable than most jrpgs dubs anyway

translation was shitty but it's certainly not to an unplayable level unless you have severe autism and feel the urge to snap the game disc when they got a name written wrong
>>
File: disgaea autism.jpg (267 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
disgaea autism.jpg
267 KB, 960x540
>>316605625
he's austistic
ignore him
disgaea is perfectly playable without the extra shit
>>
>>316605585
There's no need to do that when you have the track that actually has good voices and good acting.
The dub in Operation Abyss is so bad that I just turned voices off entirely.

>>316605625
That depends. There's always retards who say "you're not meant to buy it all, just buy the characters you like!" to defend it. It's certainly not a satisfying solution given that all the characters and other DLC I wanted still pushed it above $60 of DLC.

>>316605674
I didn't say it was unplayable. The translation is shitty though.

>>316605736
>playable
Wow, a word that means nothing at all.
>>
>>316605091
Only first-generation Vitas have OLED. Newer revision Vitas have a standard LCD screen.

I don't think you can even buy brand new OLED Vitas anymore.
>>
>>316605201
i was busy with the other games halfway through meruru is when i realized they were going to redo all of the games and not just the arland trilogy.
>>316605430
how bad a localisation are we talking here?
>>
>>316598686
all the disgaea games feel like the same game with marginally improved gameplay, i wouldn't really want to play 3 of them back to back

neptunia is literal garbage that people tolerate for the cute characters

they're selling the objectively worst versions of the arland atelier saga because that's all NISA had access to

what a shame
>>
>>316605736
Your dick is perfectly playable without the extra inches, but no girl seems to want it.
>>
>>316605847
telling him to wait years or learn japanese instead sounded the same as unplayable to me
>>
What's with all the aggressive vita shilling in this thread?
>>
>>316605920
>how bad a localisation are we talking here?
It's a direct sequel to Ciel noSurge and is directly connected to and heavily reliant on the events of Ciel to tell a complete story. Ciel noSurge was never localised and KT marketed Ar as a stand-alone title.
Carrying over your save data from Ciel to Ar would change story events and allow you to access the true final boss and true ending. Since you can't carry save data in the localisation, there's no way to get the true ending, or the in-game unlocks (costumes and such) associated with it.
Ar also had severe fuckups showing a complete lack of QA at launch but they did fix those. Specifically, every NPC in the entire game had the wrong dialogue.

>>316605970
Oh, I thought you meant Ayesha. In referring to Ar, that is right. Nobody should play the shitty localisation. You would be robbing yourself of the intended experience by doing so.

>>316606160
>Point out that some games have improved ports on the Vita
>HURR DURR VITA SHILLS GET OUT
>>
>>316605926
>they're selling the objectively worst versions of the arland atelier saga because that's all NISA had access to
Sounds like a logistic clusterfuck

>get published through NISA
>fuck you NISA, we're going somewhere else
>get re-published through KT
>NISA Presents: That one series we kind of lost rights to but can technically still release because it's the older crappy versions!
>>
>>316606160
because it's all series that got better releases on vita? and also PC in neptunia's case

I don't even care for which system it's on, it's just about not getting the shittiest version of the games
>>
>>316606160
nobody owns a vita, so vitagen is lonely

that being said, i'm not buying a vita just to get the non-loli rorona ending in atelier meruru plus, which is digital only.
Fuck digital only trash.
>>
>>316606160
>talking about games that were released for Sony systems
>talking about which Sony system has the better version is unreasonable
>>
File: i know all the memes.png (725 KB, 676x539) Image search: [Google]
i know all the memes.png
725 KB, 676x539
>>316606309
They kinda deserve it.
Releasing broken games that literally fry your PS3, inserting stupid memes into scripts and renaming characters to STD jokes because LOL LE FUNNY JOEK is why everyone hates nisa.
>>
>>316606278
>and allow you to access the true final boss and true ending. Since you can't carry save data in the localisation, there's no way to get the true ending, or the in-game unlocks (costumes and such) associated with it.
This was changed in the vita version (Ar Nosurge+) which allows you to access the maternal overseer bonus fight, but since there's still no save transfer they set the devs set the hp themselves.
>>
>>316606278
that does sound pretty bad.
i'll just wait for it to drop further in price if anything.
>>
>>316606557
I don't even care for any of this myself

my problem been more with how I've been getting random crashes in EVERY SINGLE NISA GAMES I've played since DD2
>>
>>316606674
That's the first I've heard of that. That certainly improves things if true, but also certainly makes the PS3 version utterly worthless.
>>
>>316606739
...well, except D5

D5 didn't crash once despite playing 450 hours

maybe back on the right track -- they did make Red Magnus shitty though
>>
>>316606557
I also heard that their translation was a little iffy.

And I don't mean "Oh haha, the customers are gonna be mad" kind of poor translating. I mean "Oh shit, this actually changes the rating" kind of bad.

I heard that Neptunia mk2 got an M rating because of a few lines of text that were awkwardly misconstrued. The Vita re-release has a T rating due to a more accurate translation.
>>
File: 2015-07-14-211044.jpg (117 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-14-211044.jpg
117 KB, 960x544
>>316606772
Yeah, you earn the ability to change costumes after beating the bonus fight, though there aren't many costumes since a lot of them were obtained from the save transfer from Ciel Nosurge
>>
>>316606871
the funny thing about mk2 is that there's a scene where you kill children and it somehow gets ignored for the one where they get licked instead
>>
File: is this molester serious.jpg (56 KB, 561x521) Image search: [Google]
is this molester serious.jpg
56 KB, 561x521
>>316606906
>though there aren't many costumes since a lot of them were obtained from the save transfer from Ciel Nosurge
Well at least they tried.
I'm still going to wait until my moon is good enough to play the original games, but at least I can no longer begrudge people for playing the Vita version, at least provided they know to read the Ciel summary first. PS3 version should be entirely avoided though.
>>
File: PG-rated TV lol.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
PG-rated TV lol.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>316607062
you know how it is.
americans are desensitized to violence unless it's sexual in nature
>>
>>316605847
>>It's certainly not a satisfying solution given that all the characters and other DLC I wanted still pushed it above $60 of DLC.
Disgaea DLC is really just characters from other Nippon Ichi software games, only in a few instances are there new storylines, twice in 4 and once in 3. Disgaea's DLC is targeted at people who've played all their games and enjoy using the same characters, for example, I like Marona and Gig, so I get them each time, but if you've never played Soul Nomad or Phantom Brave, you wouldn't get them. Disgaea is 100% playable without DLC since Baal, the supreme final boss, is free.
If someone is new to Disgaea, and NIS period, it's silly to even mention the DLC, since they won't have any use for it.
>>
>>316607062
>they also scream in terror going about how they don't wanna die
>red screen
>>
>>316607658
>Disgaea is 100% playable without DLC
I haven't argued that it's not. But you're not getting the complete experience because they've done nothing but strip content out in order to resell it to you at a profit.
>If someone is new to Disgaea, and NIS period, it's silly to even mention the DLC, since they won't have any use for it.
That's a silly argument to make. Even if you're not familiar with the characters, what on earth makes you think that in a game like Disgaea people wouldn't find an extra 30 playable characters appealing?
>>
>>316607931
>people wouldn't find an extra 30 playable characters appealing
They're characters from other games.
You won't care about them unless you've played their games before this one.
Why would a person new to disgaea and NIS care about extraneous characters?
>>
>>316607931
>> they've done nothing but strip content out
You mean 2 cutscenes? Disgaea 5 actually has the best DLC to date since it's an entire extra storyline with each character as opposed to a fight/recruit cutscene.
>> Even if you're not familiar with the characters, what on earth makes you think that in a game like Disgaea people wouldn't find an extra 30 playable characters appealing?
Do you even use all of those units? As someone who bought a bunch of characters on a whim in 4, I ended up only getting about 5 of them out of the lv.1000 range, a few I didn't even touch.
If someone was just getting into Disgaea, they wouldn't have any need for 30+ more units when the game already hands you at least 10 unique characters and a plethora of generic classes.
>>
>>316608151
not him but even though I played their game I end up never caring -- they're just wasted space in my character list

tend to prefer to make a team of generics in disgaea if anything (with maybe 1-3 original character from the current game), it feels more like my own party if it's not a bunch of cameos
>>
>>316608151
Because they're extra playable characters in a game that gives you a bunch of different characters to use already, and has appeal in how you can use a bunch of different characters instead of some small set party.
Because the characters have unique skills and abilities and you might like them for that even if you're not familiar with them.
Because they're extra content that you're not getting because it was stripped out.
Because Disgaea 4 had Tyrant Val as a paid DLC character. A character from Disgaea 4.
Because Disgaea 3 sold a bundle of all the DLC together that was much cheaper than buying it all separately and also had extra shit that you couldn't get if you got it all separately.
Because the Vita versions include all of that to begin with.

>>316608315
I haven't played D5. After getting burnt by D3 and D4's Vita announcements following the massive amounts of DLC, I'm not picking up DD2 or D5 until there's a DLC inclusive release.
>Do you even use all of those units?
All of them? No, certainly not. But I did use many of them. And why should I, a fan of several NIS games, be expected to pay $5 for every character I want, just because NIS see fit to strip it out and sell it back for more profit? Why defend this?
>>
>>316607601
Ha.

Is that actually rated PG? Also what was happening in the story? No idea what this is.
>>
>>316608803
>> Why defend this?
Because it's optional. DLC characters have no real effect on the story, and therefore don't need to be included, the one who chose to buy them then be upset after was you.
>>
File: sad face.jpg (269 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
sad face.jpg
269 KB, 1095x1195
>>316598686
>tfw i have 5 of those games on my shelf but never played them
>it's been so long you can literally buy those 3 bundles for less than what those 5 games cost
>tfw you can literally buy all 3 of those bundles for less than what you
>>
>>316609128
>Because it's optional.
That is not in any way an argument that supports them being paid on-disc DLC, instead of being in the base game itself, like they were in Disgaea 1 and 2.
Please, give an actual argument that supports why I NEED to pay for them separately, instead of them being included like they are in the Vita releases.
>>
>>316609323
maybe you should complain when nis is selling you the final boss as paid on-disc DLC.
>>
>>316609386
So you don't have an argument to support it, only a deflection to an unrelated, worthless statement. Gotcha.
>>
>>316609520
I'm not the one that blows money on worthless, completely optional DLC that you won't even use if it was given to you for free.
>>
>>316609587
>worthless
Opinion.
>completely optional
Most of the classes in the game are optional. Should they all be stripped out and sold as DLC too? Why not just give you the story characters and make you buy every other class and monster, since they're optional? Oh, because it being optional is a fucking stupid argument, that's why.
>you won't even use if it was given to you for free.
Speaking of stupid arguments...
>>
>>316609716
My argument is that the DLC is not an essential part of the game and you're missing out on anything for playing the PS3 disgaeas without the DLC bundled.
It's not a deal breaker, holy shit.
>>
>>316609856
*you're not missing out
>>
>>316609856
I didn't say it was essential. I'm saying that there's no reason for it to be DLC other than NIS being jews wanting to line their own pockets by exploiting their fanbase.
If it was a dealbreaker I'd have never bought the game at all.
>you're not missing out on anything for playing the PS3 disgaeas without the DLC bundled.
Except for all the DLC, which you are logically missing out on. Which isn't just characters, it's game modes and DLC chapters.
>>
>>316599535
T-Theres still a chance it'll get vita r-right?
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.