[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the last drop? fourteen? also fatal frame thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: 1446389694854.jpg (394 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446389694854.jpg
394 KB, 1280x720
what is the last drop? fourteen?

also fatal frame thread!
>>
>>316582510
Drop 14 is the last. Drop 13 is the best though.
>those feet
>those pantsu
>that fucking tall woman

Broken neck girl in 1 is scariest ghost. Hell 1 is the scariest
>>
File: Hisoka_Kurosawa.png (182 KB, 208x924) Image search: [Google]
Hisoka_Kurosawa.png
182 KB, 208x924
Unf
>>
File: 1447447427165.jpg (89 KB, 632x638) Image search: [Google]
1447447427165.jpg
89 KB, 632x638
>the ghosts will never capture Yuri to do lewd things to her
>>
>>316583320
I just imagined that's what happened every time
>>
>>316582991
sith drop here right now, I just started

I'm scared
>>
Anyone know how 3 and 4 were? Better than 5 in terms of horror?
>>
>>316583603
Get ready for a long ride. Drop six is the longest drop. Drops 7, 12 and 13 were the creepiest for me. Honestly aside from those drops I didn't find the game that scary, atmosphere had me netvous that was it.
>>
File: 1407211562816.gif (1017 KB, 250x281) Image search: [Google]
1407211562816.gif
1017 KB, 250x281
>>316582510
That fuckin plot, man. So intricately.
>>
>>316584716
You didn't understand the plot? I thought it was pretty easy to understand. Moreso with the notes
>>
Fucking nightmare mode
>>
File: 1411408072356.jpg (42 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1411408072356.jpg
42 KB, 720x480
Tell me about these games. How do I get into the series?
>>
>>316584912
I'm confused with all the maidens stuff, three of them replaced by five maidens, one of them will be Immortal Flower, dat shit
>>
File: UB55OOC.jpg (450 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
UB55OOC.jpg
450 KB, 1280x720
>>316582991
>>those pantsu
>>
File: hachishakusama.jpg (10 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
hachishakusama.jpg
10 KB, 400x300
>>316582991
>Broken neck girl in 1 is scariest ghost

This was true until V
>>
File: 399.gif (555 KB, 305x244) Image search: [Google]
399.gif
555 KB, 305x244
>>316585638
Dat surveillance camera appearance
>>
>>316583659
3 is pretty spooky. Some people like to dog on it for things like backtracking but hey welcome to survival horror. It's not perfect though. I haven't beaten 4 but what I've played is interesting but not scary. I think a lot of it has to do with them introducing a lock-on mechanic. Made things REALLY easy. I haven't played either so take that for what it's worth, though from what I've heard from people I know it isn't scary in the slightest.
>>
>>316585272
You emulate or download the original 3 off PSN.
>>
>>316583128
I want to ara ara Hisoka
>>
>>316585294
Maidens were to watch over the dead and dying on the mountain. One guy freaked the fuck out and killed anyone related to it. The maidens you meet are the ghosts of the before and after their murder.

The other maidens would be the missing girls Yuri is trying to find, eg Haruka and Fuyuhi. They're being lured to the mountain to replace Ouse as the immortal flower in order to fix the ritual Ouse corrupted. If it isn't fixed the black water will overflow more and escape the mountain
>>
>>316585638
Seriously, she's the spookiest ghost in a really long time.
>>
>>316585638
Broken neck girl had the fucking jump scares. Tall woman had this sense of dread and scariness without the jumpscare.
>>
>>316585512
I want to lick her right there
>>
>>316585638
>I'll be watching you
>>
>>316585512
Wish we got a better shot if Yuri's. In drop 8 or 13 you can get a slight peek at Yuri's orange pantsu if she's in the uniform
>>
A few weeks ago i decided to emulate 2 and what an amazing ride it was, i did 1 after that and im now doing 3.

They all emulate very well too, what a great franchise. So far 2 is my favorite but 3 is quite special so far.

1 was good but some puzzles were really ambiguous and the game didnt throw at you a thousand medicinal herbs unlike they do in 2. (wich was a good thing)
>>
SHRINE MAIDENS
RELIQUARIES
WOLBACHIA
GHOST MARRIAGE
SHADOW READING
>>
File: 1398044894781.gif (484 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1398044894781.gif
484 KB, 480x360
>>316585638

Actually, Crawling Woman from 3 was the absolute worst. Ayy lmao-chan is right up there with her though.
>>
>>316585638
>>316587070
1: Broken neck girl
2: Sae
3: Crawling woman
4: ?
5: Tall woman
>>
The hauntings in FF3s house were the scariest for me. V only kept me in tension in the shrine of dolls.
>>
File: nx7rwaJlyn1ukgut0o1_1280.jpg (479 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nx7rwaJlyn1ukgut0o1_1280.jpg
479 KB, 1280x720
>>316585512
>>
File: 24q0etj.jpg (62 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
24q0etj.jpg
62 KB, 650x366
>Based on an old yokai where an ugly woman that never got laid in life turned into a tall woman that haunted brothels to stop them fucking
>>
>>316588018
Thought she was nip creepypasta
>>
>>316587736
That graveyard and shrine of the ephemeral had nervous scared everytime after the tall woman ambushed me there.
>>
File: tallfu.png (1 MB, 822x1176) Image search: [Google]
tallfu.png
1 MB, 822x1176
:3
>>
>>316588195
That made me laugh. She looks so fucking goofy there
>>
>>316588063
Hachishakusama

It takes 2 hours to get to my Grandparents house who are farmers. I loved the unique atmosphere of the open fields and the scenery there, so when I got into Highschool and got my motorcycle license I frequently went over alone. My Grandparents also liked their grandson visiting them. However, the last time I visited was when I got into my last year of highschool, which is around ten years ago. Its not like I didn't want to visit. I couldn't, and this is the reason why.

It was during spring break(in japan the first semester of school starts in April, the second semester starts in September, and the last semester starts in January), and the weather was great so I decided to visit my Grandparents house. On the way there I rested on a patch of grass, feeling the soft rays of the sun and the slight breeze going over me. Just as I was about to get up and go my way, I heard a strange sound.

"Po, po, poppopo, po, po..."

It was hard to distinguish what it was saying, since it also sounded like Vo or Bo, but one thing was for sure, it was coming from something alive. I was searching for the source of the sound when I saw a straw hat peering over a wall of someones backyard. From between walls, I could see that the person wearing the hat was just a woman dressed in a white dress. I would have gone away but there was one thing that caught my attention. The wall was over 2 meters and I was surprised at how tall she was. I was thinking, is she wearing some ridiculous high heels
or is that a NBA player disguised as a girl? when she strode sideways and disappeared into thin
air, the strange noise with her.
>>
>>316588642
Bewildered, but thinking that the tall person had just gone into his/her house, I left the place and got to my Grandparent's house without any problems. I was sitting down in their living room drinking tea when I told my Grandparents what I saw. They were just barely listening, saying "uh-huh" and "oh that's great", until I remembered that distinct voice. I said laughing, "Oh yeah, it was making this strange sound, like Po, Po, Po," when the two froze. Grandpa's face became serious all of a sudden and grabbed my shoulders. He whispered, "....How tall was the wall?", and when I answered it was over 2 meters, he started battering me with questions, like"Where did you see it","When did you see it", and "Did it do anything". I barely answered his questions when he suddenly became quiet and went to the hallway and started calling someone. The sliding doors were closed so I couldn't hear what he was saying, and I looked over to Grandma for answers. I couldn't tell for sure, but it seemed like she was trembling, and it made me hesitate.

I was just about to ask her what it was all about when Grandpa came back to the room.

"I can't allow you to leave today. Grandma, I'm going to leave him with you, I've got to go and pick up Ms.K"

With he said made me feel like I had done something wrong, but I couldn't remember doing anything to make them angry. When Grandpa left on his truck to go somewhere, I gathered up my courage and cautiously asked Grandma what it was all about.
>>
>>316588719
"You've been liked by Hachishakusama, but don't worry, Grandpa will do something. There's nothing to worry about. "

She answered with a wavering voice. Until grandpa came home, she told me in bits what was going on.

There is a dangerous existence called "Hachishakusama" in this area. Its appearance is like a large woman, and because of its height, it was named hachishakusama, and it makes sounds like "Bo Bo Bo" in a mans voice. Its appearance slightly differs from person to person, looking like a old woman in a kimono, a girl in funeral clothing, a woman wearing ragged cloth, but its height and way of laughing never changes. Legends say that it came to the land possessing a traveler, but we can't say for sure. A long time ago, it was sealed in the villiage by 4 "jizou"'s(small statues of monks) placed in the North, East, South, and West borders of the village to restrict its area where it could move around to within the village. People who saw Hachishakusama were destined to be killed within several days, and the last time it appeared was 15 years ago.
I thought, why the hell was it left like that, but according to the old records, Hachishakusama was on a level of its own, so strong that it was impossible to seal it in small objects like a normal "youkai"(a Japanse version of demons and ghosts), and the most the priest could do was to just prevent it from getting out of the village. It was hard to believe that the villagers would just consent to that, but by sealing hachishakusama in their village, they were given privileges, such as being given top priority over their surrounding villages when drawing water for their farms. Since Hachishakusama only appeared once in 10~20 years or so, the villagers thought it was a good deal.
>>
>>316588790
Truthfully speaking, it sounded ridiculous and I couldn't take it seriously. I mean, think about it, with modern science and technology, who believes in ghosts? I certainly didn't.

When Grandpa came back, he was with a old woman called K. She gave me a wooden plate the size of my hand and went upstairs with Grandpa to do something. I was left with Grandma again, but when she followed me to the bathroom and wouldn't allow me to shut the door, I finally felt some fear kicking in. After a while I was taken upstairs and was lead into a room with its four walls all covered in Newspaper. Over the newspaper, lots of paper with runes written on were pasted on, and on the four corners of the room salt(salt is used for purifying in japan) was placed. There were also 2 porta-pottys. What caught my attention most, though, was the small Buddha figure placed at the center of the room on top of a wooden box.

Grandpa faced me and said "The suns going down soon, so I'm going to be quick. Listen carefully, you must not under any circumstances leave this room till tomorrow morning. Grandma and I will not call you nor talk to you until then. Come out of the room when its 7 in the morning. Remember, do not leave the room until then. I'll tell your parents about whats going on."
He sounded talked in an extremely grave tone and all I could do was quietly nod.

I was also told by Ms.K to follow his instructions and to never let go of the wooden plate. If anything happened I was to pray to the wooden figure.

After the door was closed, I turned on the TV but the eerie mood didn't lift, and all the snacks and rice balls Grandma had prepared for me didn't turn my appetite on. I got into my futon(Japanese bed) and the grave mood was seriously getting to my nerves.
>>
>>316588853
Before I realized, I was asleep, and when I woke up, the midnight shows were on TV. I looked at my watch and saw that it was just past 1a.m. I was a bit depressed, thinking, what a great time to wake up when, "Tak Tak ", the window was knocked on. It wasn't like the sound of branches hitting the window or pebbles being thrown at it, it sounded like a knock by hand. I felt the blood draining from my head and desperately tried to calm myself, telling myself it was the wind playing tricks. I took a sip of tea, but it didn't help, so I turned up the TV's volume and forced myself to watch it.

It was then I heard Grandpa calling me.
"Hey are you all right? If you're really scared you don't have to push yourself you know"
Instinctively I rushed to the door, but at the last moment I remembered what Grandpa said and stopped myself from opening the door.
Grandpa talked to me again, saying
"What are you doing? You can open it now"
It sounded really like Grandpa, but somehow, it was different. I couldn't tell what was, but I just knew. I glanced to the left and a chill went through my spine, the salt was slowly blackening,.

I scrambled to my feet and went before the Buddha figure, tightly held the wooden plate and started praying for help, desperately.

When I started praying I heard the voice,
"Poppopo, po, popo...."
and the knocking against the window resumed.
When I imagined "it" raising its hand and knocking at the window, fear overwhelmed me, and I was half crying and half praying for the remainder of the long night. It felt like forever, but morning has to come, and when I looked at the TV the morning news was on and the time showing on TV was 7:30. The sounds had stopped, and I deduced that I had somehow fallen asleep or lost consciousness during the night. The salt had almost become completely black.
>>
>>316588924
Just to make sure, I checked my watch, and seeing that it was also 7:30, I cautiously opened the door and saw Grandma and Ms.K waiting for me. Grandma started crying after seeing my face, overjoyed that I was safe. I went down the stairs and was surprised to see my father sitting at the table. Grandpa came from outside and said "Hurry up and get in the car". I went out to the yard to see a van and several men waiting.

The van was a 9 seater and I was seated in the center, with eight men surrounding me, and Ms.K at the assistant drivers seat. The man on my left, who looked like he was in his fifties, said "You've got yourself in quite a trouble. I know it may be hard but keep your head down and eyes shut. We can't see "it", but you can, so until we get out of the area don't open your eyes"

With Grandpa's truck at the front and Father's car following from behind, the three vehicles slowly started moving. I think the cars were moving at around 20km/h or slower.

After a while Ms.K suddenly said "From here is where it gets hard" and started mumbling something like a prayer.

"Poppopo, po, pop, popopo..."

I heard the voice again.
I tightened my grip on the wooden plate and kept my head down, but I sneaked a look outside. A white dress came into my sight, and saw that "it" was moving with the van. Its long legs allowed it to keep pace, and its tall height prevented me from seeing its head from the window. I was still looking when "it" started bending down, trying to look inside the van.

"No.." I unconsciously whispered when the man in his fifties roared"SHUT YOUR F***** EYES!!!"

I immediately shut my eyes as hard as I could and tightened my grip on the wooden plate even more. I could feel the edged of it biting into my hand but I didn't care.

"Tak, Tak, Tak"
>>
>>316588984
The window glass was being knocked on. The men around me were startled, some saying "what the.." or just letting some noise leave their mouth. It seemed that "it" couldn't be seen and "it"'s voice couldn't be heard, but the noise it made could be heard by other people. Ms.K's mumbling had become shouting by this time and the tension inside the van was at its peak. However, after a while "it"'s voice and noise disappeared and Ms.K said that we had safely gotten out of the area. The men around me all exclaimed breaths of relief and we all got out of the car where the road widened out. Ms.K told me to show her the plate and when I opened my palm, I saw that it had gotten a tinge of black. She said
"I think it'll be okay now, but just to be sure hold onto this for a while", and she gave me a new wooden plate.

After that we all left to our homes, and on a different day, grandpa brought me bike. Father had also known about the "Hachishakusama", and told me that his friend had been liked by "Hachishakusama" and had lost his life to it. He told me of people who were liked by "it" and had to move to other lands. The people on the van were all blood relatives of mine, and it was all done to try and confuse "Hachishakusama". However, the relatives couldn't gather immediately and moving during day was probably safer than night, I had been confined in room.

They made me promise never to go near my Grandparents house ever again, which is why I haven't visited them for over ten years.

When I talked with Grandpa over the phone, I asked him if he had called me that nightmarish night, and although I expected it, he said that he was driving all over the town to gather relatives and that he wasn't even close to the house. Confirming it gave me the chills again.
>>
>>316589042
Its said that the victims are usually young people who haven't become adults yet, and I think that this is because they are more emotionally unstable and are more easier to be deceived when "it" pretends to be their relatives.

As I've been saying, its over 10 years since this happened, but the story didn't end there. Rather, the story got a hideous epilogue. My grandmother called a few days ago.(Grandpa had died 2 years ago, but he didn't allow me to visit him nor attend his funeral)

She said that "The jizou that was used for sealing was broken by someone.(its pretty common in japan), and thats not the worst part, its in the direction of your house"

Right now I force myself to believe that it was all just a legend, and what happened was a prank, but I have to say that I'm worried. If I hear that "Popopo" again, I don't know what I should do...

END
>>
Love it
>>
>>316587070
Crawling Woman was too much of a pain to fight, I'd get pissed off rather than scared.
>>
>>316589115
There's an alt end where the grandmother calls asking for him home because she misses him. When asks about hachi he then hears popopopo....
>>
>>316589115
Do you know what the deal is with the umbrella ghost by the phone booth? End of the 7-8th drop I think, when you rescue Miu. Some anons said she was a creepypasta or an urban legend too.
>>
File: youtube.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
youtube.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
In the end, did you like the Nintendo costumes or would you have preferred the lingerie to stay?
>>
File: hitchhiking-ghost.jpg (22 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
hitchhiking-ghost.jpg
22 KB, 640x440
>>316589440
She's just the old Ghost hitchhiker by the road. There's stories about picking them up and talking with them for a while but they disappear. There's other variations where you don't pick them up and get into a bad accident. There's others where you pick them up and they kill you. It's like Alessa at the start of Silent Hill 1.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (91 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
91 KB, 400x400
>>316589567
>>
>>316589567
I would have preferred them in just for the story-related scene that featured Miu's bikini outfit. I don't use alt costumes anyway.
>>
>>316589694
Ah okay. I thought there was more too it since there was that dented-in guard railing in front of the phone booth.
>>
>>316589567
I'd have liked both.

In the end, i'm glad I got the LE instead of importing a Japanese version because I don't mind sacrificing bikinis if it means getting Samus/Zelda, a steelbook, an artbook, a set of photographs and a reversible cover for the physical version.
>>
>>316589440
>umbrella ghost by the phone booth

Aren't you mistaking it for the tall woman? The tall woman appears near the phone booth. The umbrella ghost shows near a tombstone in the forest. If you inspect the tombstone you can see how she was killed by the umbrella she left at the lake.
>>
>>316590065
I don't think so. It's after the third time you see Tall Woman. When you're getting off the mountain with Miu, you come out of a forest onto a road which leads into some construction tunnels. The phone booth woman is in the rain by the phone booth under an umbrella. She's crying but isn't a disappearing or hostile ghost.
>>
>>316590065
They both appear in the same location. Tall Woman is a limited time photo, whilst Umbrella Girl stands next to the phone booth crying until you either take her picture or ignore her. She appears by the grave you mentioned a few chapters later, then finally she's back by the tunnels in Chapter 14 where you can finally Fatal Glance her and get her story.
>>
File: WVW69ij1nqMxovjkuQ.jpg (87 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WVW69ij1nqMxovjkuQ.jpg
87 KB, 800x450
Halfway through the game. I was skeptical after the reviews but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Not the strongest entry and the gamepad controls are awkward as fuck even for survival horror but I guess Tecmo just delivered what everyone asked for. I'm just glad at least one classic Japanese survival horror franchise is still alive.
>>
File: 1446938516939.png (1 MB, 991x550) Image search: [Google]
1446938516939.png
1 MB, 991x550
>>316590298
I see, then it must be a different ghost depending on the chapter you are.
>>
>>316590567
Same. It's not the best in the series, but still the best survival horror in a long time.
>>
>>316585272

You can play them separately. 1 is ok, but 2 is where it gets good imo. 3&4 are great entries as well and can all be emulated perfectly. 4 was never localized, has an English patch and I think patched ISO though.
>>
File: ThereAreThreeHeadsInThisPicture.jpg (38 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ThereAreThreeHeadsInThisPicture.jpg
38 KB, 1024x576
I loved Spirit Camera and the only problems I had with it were the short playtime and needing to play it in the day.

The movie, book and mango were all great too.
>>
File: WVW69ijhBA0iBukwS3.jpg (84 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WVW69ijhBA0iBukwS3.jpg
84 KB, 800x450
>>316585512
>>316587943

are those your screenshots, if so, how'd you get them in the original resolution?
>>
>>316590567
>>316590883
>tfw slightly turned on when fighting the dolls

I can't be the only sick fuck.
>>
>>316591026
dat cleavage tho
>>
>>316590981
I used to post directly to 4chan but Captcha is riding my nuts recently and never solving.

Now I just upload to imgur.
>>
>>316590981
You can directly upload them from the Wii U browser. Most people just use imgur because it seems to be the only compatible upload site.
>>
>>316585762
>have to battle her in a small space
>shitting concrete the whole time
>defeat her
>thatwasspoopy.png
>turn off the wii u
Had to restart, but I didn't encounter her this time so I was spooked the whole way thru
>>
>>316591106
Go into the 4chin settings and check "use legacy captcha"
>>
Do you guys honestly believe this will be the last localized Fatal Frame?

I know it sold well in Japan.
>>
>>316590812

Am I the only one who doesn't find 2 scary at all apart from the doll houses? You spend much of the game with your sister accompanying you and the soundtrack and general ambience are more adventurous than scary.

3 is the one that fucks me up, navigating a mansion with chaos architecture, the endgame time limit, the ghosts seeping into your home etc.
>>
>>316591359
not him but I have the same problem. even if I check legacy captcha I get those images. and even if I choose them correctly, it doesn't work
>>
>>316590883
Anyone who likes the games should check out the movie. One of the better vidya movies out there.
>>
>make a spoopy game about busting ghosts
>make all the girls in the game 10/10 with perfect slender bodies

I know it's a staple of the series but it was so overdone in V that it completely ruined the mood for me. Shit Tecmo, control yourselves.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D06.jpg (332 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D06.jpg
332 KB, 1280x720
>>316591985
did you scroll down and save the settings?
>>
>>316592976
yes. something happened with 4chan because it always worked perfectly
>>
When I played the demo, I tried to put headphones in the gamepad but most of the sounds were still on the TV. Was I supposed to fuck around in the settings or is it just fucked?
I'm not buying a horror game I can't use headphones in.
>>
File: WVW69ikgCssMy-g5w4.jpg (68 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WVW69ikgCssMy-g5w4.jpg
68 KB, 800x450
did you?
>>
File: fatal-frame-movie-2.jpg (95 KB, 1185x790) Image search: [Google]
fatal-frame-movie-2.jpg
95 KB, 1185x790
>>316592172
This nigga knows what's up
>>
>>316593287
It's fucked. Headphones need to be plugged into the TV. Cutscene audio doesn't come out of the gamepad. None cutscene audio does though.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D06.jpg (508 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
508 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>316593436
i just downloaded it and watched the 1st 5 minutes last night

is the camera used?
>>
>>316593691
The movie has nothing to do with the games
>>
>>316592172
I liked it but it wasn't even close to scary. The ghost was hot as fuck though.
>>
>>316592976
>>316593606
fucking how?? my captcha doesn't work
>>
>>316593287
You either plug them into the TV or be ready to play without voices, step noises and some other stuff.

I did my second playthrough with headphones on though, since I already knew all about the story. The essential ambience and ghost sounds are still there, and it's a somewhat different experience. It's still a big fuck up on the dev's side though.
>>
>>316593801
Use legacy captcha
>>
>>316593691
Yes the camera is used, but only really as a setup to the films events. It's a plot device used once to get the ball rolling and then not used again.
>>
>>316593327
>hundreds of anons throwing a bitch fit over this scene
>it has zero weight on the plot of the game and is quickly forgotten

What does that tell us?
>>
>>316593891
>legacy captcha
>save
>still pictures
>>
>>316593774
Yeah, not scary but still worth a watch.
>>
File: Capture.png (543 KB, 790x420) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
543 KB, 790x420
any US people imported the EU boxset and is waiting for someone to hack the wiius region lock?
>>
>>316593984
It was character development for Miu.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D06.jpg (411 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
411 KB, 1280x720
2spooky
>>
>>316594419
I'd develop Miu's character ifyouknowwhatimean
>>
>>316594438
Damn Black Eyed Kids
>>
>>316592525
It's not just the protagonosts. I found some ghosts so cute/good looking that they didn't scare me. Shiragiku is fucking adorable and the black and white old ladies look dignified and affable. Stuff like Sae with her deranged laugh and the Kusabi with its imposing appearence in 2 were scary, the main ghosts in 5 really aren't.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D06.jpg (497 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
497 KB, 1280x720
>>316594118
werks on my machine =)
>>
>>316594684
>Those flying cleavage monsters
>If you take their picture, their boobs jiggle

And this is meant to frighten me?
>>
Is this shit ever going to get a retail release?
>>
File: Haruka.png (992 KB, 1479x914) Image search: [Google]
Haruka.png
992 KB, 1479x914
>>316594684
What a waste of perfect waifus.

>>316594873
Are you kidding? I've gotta try that.
>>
File: 1447488041576.jpg (345 KB, 619x997) Image search: [Google]
1447488041576.jpg
345 KB, 619x997
>>316594419
Wasn't even good because if you truly wanted to know more about her you had to read the guide, the others had notes, but hers barely scratched the surface to what she was going through. Still a creepy bitch.
>>
>>316594887
doubt it
the recent nintendo direct didnt show anything on the game and the recent bullshit with the costumes and operation zero encouraging people to boycot the game made nintendo not take those fans seriously
>>
>>316594684
We need more ghosts like Kusabi. The closest thing I've seen was Man With Torch. Get some testosterone ghosts up in here.
>>
>>316594973
cutest girl, my favorite
>>
File: Fatal_Frame_Promotional10.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fatal_Frame_Promotional10.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1200
who is the hottest fatal frame and why is it miku?
>>
>>316595020
Yeah they dropped the ball hard with Miu. I'm always going to be mad about making Miku into a necrophiliac brocon.
>>
File: 49530358_p8.jpg (111 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
49530358_p8.jpg
111 KB, 600x750
>>316594973
She was originally going to have more screen time and actually talked more with Yuuri along with the more downtime portions. But no they had to change that and kill her off as soon as you saved her, god dammit.
>>
>>316595179
>liking a degenerate
>>
>>316595179
Hisoka is the hottest but she's not playable. Probably Yuri. Rei is second just because of her juicy booty.
>>
>>316595020
What guide?
>>
File: wiiu_screenshot_tv_01svsm8.jpg (462 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01svsm8.jpg
462 KB, 1280x720
>mfw they censored bikinis but left in canon brother-sister incest which led to the birth of one of the main characters 100% unaltered
I know that would've been impossible to take out due to its relevance, but I find it pretty hilarious. Also Ayane still waves her boobs and buttcrack in your face but that was apparently not an issue.
>>
File: 1430435583443.gif (575 KB, 417x380) Image search: [Google]
1430435583443.gif
575 KB, 417x380
>>316582510
jesus, its impossible to get a hard copy anymore in here in europe, they have all gone up to 100 euro, why didnt I preorder :(
>>
>>316595307
http://fftranslations.atspace.co.uk/ff5.html
>>
>>316595425
>True scary stories

NOPE
>>
File: Kazuya_concept.png (1 MB, 690x758) Image search: [Google]
Kazuya_concept.png
1 MB, 690x758
Fuck your tall woman, this nigger right here is the creepiest ghost with his bone cracking sounds. Especially when you watch his death scene.
>>
File: 49530358_p11.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
49530358_p11.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
>>316595574
That was fucked up
>>
>>316595425
Thanks for this mate, didn't even know this was a thing.
>>
>>316595181
That was such a wreck to her character, her whole deal in Fatal Frame 3 should've ended anything dealing with her regrets.
>>
>>316595318
To be honest the incest is only implied. And most people complaining about the bikinis weren't going to play the game anyway, and wouldn't find out about it.
>>
>>316596026
Dealing with survivor's guilt and regret was the entire point of the game.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D06.jpg (472 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
472 KB, 1280x720
>>
As far as i'm concerned:

Yuri's canon end is Her good ending

Miu's canon end is Miku abandoning her again

Ren's canon end is Him choosing Shiragiku and her deciding to free him herself
>>
>>316596098
>To be honest the incest is only implied
Yeah, I guess, but with stuff like Miku's diary spelling out "It was difficult to be with Mafuyu without telling him how I felt", him being outright shown to be the groom in her ghost marriage (with an identical look to FFI, just updated to the current artstyle) and Miku telling Miu "I just wanted to see my brother one last time", to which Miu replies "At least you have Father to die for", it was one heavy-ass implication, as good as plainly stating it.
>>
>>316585878
4 is not as scary as 2 or 3, and the gameplay is awkward and gets boring very quickly, but the story is really fucking good.
>>
tfw Miu is a slut

>By reading people's minds she also senses all kinds of desires, but is unfazed by them. Whilst despising them from the bottom of her heart, she will do anything they say. Even when she knows she's being tricked and used, she will go along with it all. She hardly feels alive, and has no concern for herself.
>>
>>316594973
It's the same with all girl ghosts. I'm currently fighting two shrine maidens in Eleventh Drop. I'm using the slow lens and they're both caught in an endless state of Slow-Mo Boob Jiggle.
>>
>>316596494
this game is so beautiful
>>
Amazing how a Wii-U game looks better then everything else out right now..
>>
File: WiiU_TV02.jpg (497 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_TV02.jpg
497 KB, 1280x720
>>316598358
I hope you're kidding.
>>
>>316598590
From an full on artistic direction I'm not.

All other game shave hyper realistic parts of the game with really shitting backing behind it.

MGS:V has a lot of great looking things, but the wheels on cars are squares or hexigons..

It looks like shit.
>>
>>316598590
he's not. it's gorgeous
>>
>>316598590
To be fair, Wii U screenshots disable AA for some stupid reason like the Vita.

In game the only thing that looks shonky are the leaves.
>>
>>316582991

>Broken neck girl in 1 is scariest ghost. Hell 1 is the scariest

This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>316586050

>tfw she's only 23

Give her a few more years and she'd be prime ara ara material.
>>
File: WiiU_TV03.jpg (435 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_TV03.jpg
435 KB, 1280x720
>>316598736
Off the top of my head, Bloodborne is way better looking. I love the game but come on.
>>
>>316599487
>she
>>
>>316599492
>bloodborne
Not really, also all that chrome in it bugs the shit out of me.

Creature creation is nice, but that's really it. no color.
>>
>>316592172

Decent movie but it was kinda generic J-horror and didn't really take much advantage of the franchise at all. It was by no means a disaster on its own merits, though.
>>
File: CTIxMlIVAAAVrdq.jpg (81 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CTIxMlIVAAAVrdq.jpg
81 KB, 600x800
any us people who got the limited edition waiting for someone to crack the region lock?
>>
>>316595179

Rei and Hisoka, easily. They're related, too.
>>
>>316599989
They are?
>>
>>316599590

What are you implying? We aren't talking about Rui here - Hisoka is very clearly a woman.
>>
>>316600218
Yep, with an unknown connection, that's all we got. Who knows if they will expand on that. I really want that Hisoka game, and maybe Yuuri could be the sidekick this time or not or whatever.
>>
>>316600218

Supposedly the official guide confirms it, but does not specify the nature of the relation. They are both of the Kurosawa bloodline, though.
>>
File: Longarmsbio.jpg (86 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
Longarmsbio.jpg
86 KB, 300x343
>>316585638
Is this ghost really tall? The long armed one and the floating head one in the first game both got to me.
>>
>>316599982
Is the wii u even hacked?

Good luck to you anyway, you made a good purchase and it's almost impossible to find copies in the EU now.
>>
>>316600387
At one point she peers at you through the window of the second floor
>>
>>316595574

Considering this series usually takes the more depressive/dreary horror route, I was almost shocked to see a death as violent as his. Not that FF shies away from violence on occasion but goddamn, Kazuya got fucked up.
>>
>>316600434
i got it by sheer stupid luck

i put a 10$ bid on ebay thinking the shit would be outbidded and i ended up with the game afterwards
>>
File: 200px-Tall_Woman_concept.png (191 KB, 200x439) Image search: [Google]
200px-Tall_Woman_concept.png
191 KB, 200x439
>>316600387
Yep and cute!
>>
Fuck nightmare mode.
>>
>>316600434
you can find them, but its 100euro, should have preorder god damn it
>>
>mfw I felt bad for Yuri all game
>reach last drop
>no idea how to get different endings aside from Ren's which are really obvious
>waste twenty minutes on Ose before figuring out how to end the fight
>I glanced her underwater
>Yuri kills herself
Damn. ;_;
>do it again
>glance Ose out of the water
>dem feels
>Hisoka calls out to Yuri
>she smiles for the first time and it fades to the credits
The good ending was the most heartwarming shit in the entire series to me. I really, really hope it's canon.
>>
>>316600575
Tall Woman is cute, CUTE!
>>
>>316600575
>>316600486
I watched a quick video with an appearance of her and she made me jump even though I'm not even playing. Man, good job Fatal Frame team. She even has the floating ghost heads too.
>>
>>316600652

I'm still working through it - probably would've cleared it if I didn't get sick as fuck a few days ago - but I feel like it's how diffucult normal mode should've been. Hell, I've even died a few times from something that isn't instakill, and I think I almost ran out of decent film on what, drop 6? The one where Yuri rescues Miu and that shit takes FOREVER. The challenge has actually stepped up, and I'm okay with that.
>>
>>316600773
The director said that getting Yuuri's good end shows Ren going back to Rui completing his character while simultaneously completely Yuuri with her finally crying, which is why she had the face of someone who would burst into tears as it was intentional, thus ending hers.

And then said he would like to think of their endings as canon, while Miu he said it might as well be the good end too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1920x1080
so if shes the daughter to miku and Mafuyu,how come she didnt come out retarded?
>>
File: feminism and video games.jpg (638 KB, 1920x795) Image search: [Google]
feminism and video games.jpg
638 KB, 1920x795
>>316589567
the original alt costumes were way better
>>
>>316600979
Good to know.

I'm kinda miffed about Miku being screwed either way, but eh. She deserved it after what she did.
>>
>>316601058
Do we even know how dream ghost sex works? Maybe once she dies her ghost will have mental retardation or something like that.
>>
>>316600354
Kurosawa is kind of a common name though.
>>
Finished the game and ayumi dlc. Still says 71% episodes.
Whats left?
>>
>>316601234
Get S+ rank on every level for both difficulties and 100% the archives/ghost list.
>>
>>316601315
Nightmare mode counts to episode percentage
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D06.jpg (510 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
510 KB, 1280x720
dat belly button
>>
>>316601968
Deserves to be worshipped and loved
>>
What did everyone think of Ayane mode?
>>
>>316601058
She came out retardedly hot.
>>
>>316602648
It was nice that they wanted to break up the conventions a bit and it seemed that the team just wanted her in because of the newer level graphical fidelity at their disposal and with her new model in DoA5.

But its not really that interesting as sneaking isn't really didn't require all that much stealth at all unless you want to pick up items for the rank, if you didn't care you could just stun and run all the way through each chapter.
>>
>>316602648

An interesting stealth-based aside, and one that didn't overstay its welcome. As extra content, it's enjoyable enough. Not much of a replacement for a challenge mode, though.
>>
>>316597263
I can't think of a Fatal Frame with a bad story. Even Spirit Camera had an amazing story. Hell, I was even entertained by both of the Spirit Camera mini-movies made to promote the game

English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Bm6j6vUh4

Japanese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLIdDsdFJKI
(Sad;y there's no subtitled version on youtube, only on the 3DS eShop)
>>
How long did it take you to realize that Rui was a girl?
>>
i want to get this game and i only have one external with some stuff

the wiiu tells me to format my HDD
can i still use it on my computer? after the formating is done? kinda dont know how this shit works
>>
>>316603751
From the announcement trailer up until two weeks before the EU release of the game. Even the official site avoids using pronouns to refer to her. Did they go to such lenghts just for that one "Are you a boy or a girl?" joke from Shiragiku?
>>
>>316603751
I knew from just seeing her eyes and hearing her voice.
>>
>>316603548

I wish 5 had received this level of promotion stateside. In Japan it got an actual movie so whatever. On that note, isn't there a Hollywood adaptation coming out next year?

>>316603751

I never "realized" it, I just saw her as a girl from the get-go. I didn't know there was supposed to be some confusion over the matter until I saw discussion of the game.
>>
File: Shiragiku.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shiragiku.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>316603751
Another backstory that goes nowhere. It's clear she has issues with her appearance seeing as Shiragiku makes fun of her that one time in the Shrine of Dolls, but it's the only mention we get.
>>
>>316604640
I remember it was all relegated to the notes which kinda sucks.
>>
>>316604012
If you format it for your Wii U, you'll only be able to use it with your Wii U.
When you're done with the game you can format it again on your PC but it's going to be bothersome either way. You're better off getting a new drive altogether.

NoA really fucked up making it digital only, many Wii Us are 8GB only.
>>
>>316604529
The Hollywood movie is from Samuel Hadida, who you might recognize as the producer of all 5 Resident Evil films, as well as both Silent Hill movies.

It's going to be awful, just like every other Western adaptation of J-Horror (the Ring, the Grudge, Shutter, Mirrors)
>>
>>316595318

I'm starting to think the bikini removal was just because they wanted to replace them with Nintendo costumes and thought they were doing us a favor.
>>
File: 2681348-019.jpg (82 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
2681348-019.jpg
82 KB, 960x540
>this isn't a cute fuckboy

WHAT THE HELL TECMO
>>
File: 52080059_p4.jpg (109 KB, 550x716) Image search: [Google]
52080059_p4.jpg
109 KB, 550x716
>>316605175
Well NoE localized it like they localized 2 remake and they didn't replace those outfits they removed there so it may be because of Aussie I don't know, I just wished this company was more transparent.
>>
File: WiiU_TV06.jpg (474 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_TV06.jpg
474 KB, 1280x720
>>316605175
I know I wouldn't have bothered unlocking the costumes if it was just the bikinis. Seen too much of that in my weeb anime games already.
>>
>>316605630
I want to pinch that ass.
>>
>>316604640
There definitely was some wasted potential there. They could've tied Rui's looks to Ren's reluctance to look at women in the eyes by making him not have that problem with Rui, her thinking that it's because he doesn't see her as a woman and ending with Ren telling her it's not like that.
>>
>>316606082
Funny that you say that, originally they wanted to showcase his issue as being so prevalent, that there was a creepy disturbing nature about it. He originally had scenes where he talked to Hisoka and Yuuri and couldn't even look them in the eyes at all, and when the camera missions he can easily look at them in camera, giving us a nice contrast.

This was a good game, but there could have been so much more. It breaks my heart to hear all these good ideas and concepts that made it in or never did and just scrapped like that.
>>
>>316601968
post her wet ass
>>
13th Drop on Nightmare is unreasonably difficult. I'm going to go fucking insane.
>>
>>316607052
Is there even a proper reward for beating Nightmare mode? It seems like everything's unlocked just by replaying the last chapter.
>>
>>316607343
Like two accessories
>>
How do I unlock all the extra constumes?
>>
>>316607660
By getting all the possible endings. The girls have two endings each, while Ren has four.
>>
File: Jon.gif (279 KB, 453x337) Image search: [Google]
Jon.gif
279 KB, 453x337
>>316585638

>Game has no jump scares at all
>Just a bunch of uneasy tension that occasionally pays off
>This thing in the window, the camera, the hallway, and across the river out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>316607660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLPB1iYboA
>>
>>316607737
Wait I have to do that long ass final chapter a bunch of times?
>>
I am fucking loving this game, so happy I got the pre-order in time.
I do wish they'd put a little bit more time into the story though, It's a bit empty compared to say the second one, I've noticed that there's just elements that are mentioned like once for a sentence and then nothing, might get a page in the notes if you're lucky.

>>316605175
I would blame the standards of the Australian ratings board with regards to sexual content involving minors or those perceivable as minors, at least they got replaced with something this time though unlike Deep Crimson Butterfly.
>>
>>316607946
Yeah. If you rush it it should take you about 40 minutes per run though.
>>
>>316608000
>I would blame the standards of the Australian ratings board with regards to sexual content involving minors or those perceivable as minors, at least they got replaced with something this time though unlike Deep Crimson Butterfly.

And Spirit Camera. Although America went overboard with changes in that version even compared to the Euro version.
>>
>>316608000
I wished they would regional versions. Not saying Europe should be stuck with Australia's version as well, but why does the whole western regions have to suffer because of one country? I get its niche but fuck, it just ain't fair.
>>
File: 34759457934.jpg (215 KB, 1463x1655) Image search: [Google]
34759457934.jpg
215 KB, 1463x1655
>>316583320
;_;
>>
>>316609720
The game actually got a physical release in Australia too which was most unexpected so it might be that Australia represents a decent market for this game.

It'll be interesting to see what they do for FE because that's a bit more than a niche product and unlike the two recent examples(Xenoblade & Zero) has more than just minor costume detailing.
>>
>>316585638
she's actually really cute when here, and in general.
The thing is in game, where there's so much tension and dread in the atmosphere that it fucks with my emotions.
>>
>>316603751
When the pale loli mentioned it. Before that I was questioning myself.
>>
File: fuyuhi.png (296 KB, 571x408) Image search: [Google]
fuyuhi.png
296 KB, 571x408
Cute! CUTE!
>>
>>316611423
she's probably the ugliest girl in the game.
>>
File: 1447193013259.webm (3 MB, 1040x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447193013259.webm
3 MB, 1040x1080
>>
>>316611536
You are the ugliest girl in the game.
>>
>>316611423

Easily one of the best scenes in the game.
>>
Why doesnt Yuri like looking into mirrors?
I took it as a joke on the mirror tech.
>>
File: 52080059_p7.jpg (70 KB, 588x375) Image search: [Google]
52080059_p7.jpg
70 KB, 588x375
>>316611536
Rude
>>
>>316611613
go home, ghost girl, no one likes your dumb hair
>>
>>316611582
That's fucking stupid
>>
>>316611756
Probably because she is constantly depressed and on the brink of suicide.
>>
>>316582510
anyone have a list of lenses in this game? I know i missed the reward lens
>>
File: 65746457465.png (270 KB, 571x408) Image search: [Google]
65746457465.png
270 KB, 571x408
>>316611423
Double CUTE!
>>
>>316612162
http://bcl.rpen.us/zerowiki/index.php?title=Category:Fatal_Frame_V_Items
Here. You can use this site to 100% the whole game.
>>
>>316612162

Go back and get that shit. It's stupid useful.
>>
>>316612424
woah holy fuck, I missed so many things
>>
>>316612424
>>316612469
thanks shame i completed the game before i knew about the reward lens still though had enough points to power all the cameras up to max even without it
>>
>>316612469
It's only useful if you give a shit about score
>>
>>316612804
I missed a bunch of files throughout the whole game.
>>
>>316612850
that I do.
Is S+ the highest rank you can achieve? Is time that important to getting the rank?
>>
>>316612424
>Ghost List: 95%
>Only 2 missing are the LIFE versions of 2 Maidens
>They don't show up fucking ANYWHERE

This is bullshit
>>
>>316613050
S+ is the highest and time is not a factor at all. All that matters is how much points you earn during combat and how many items you're carrying at the end of the chapter.

In my opinion, the scoring system is not very well thought out, you end up searching for items just for the points and it sort of becomes a collectathon.
>>
http://exhentai.org/g/778098/ad5253028e/
>>
>>316593984
Anons were also throwing a bitch fit, boycotting the game, and even set up a petition to out the lewd costumes back in.

What does that tell us?
>>
>>316613496
Could be much much better
but it will have to do.
>>
>>316604640
>Still no porn
>>
>>316605345
FF always hit my soft spot with their short hair girls
>>
my first Fatal Frame and I LOVE IT
>>
File: 1444519169629.jpg (20 KB, 261x260) Image search: [Google]
1444519169629.jpg
20 KB, 261x260
>>316613496
>Female:hairy
>>
>>316613938
she probably is, pure virgin after all.
>>
>>316614060
>Miu
>virgin

Yuri perhaps.
>>
>>316613758
Ask for some in the drawthread.
>>
>>316614284
thats who I was referring to, she's pretty hairy in the doujin
>>
>>316614327
how do I learn how to draw like this? This lack of skill really hurts
>>
File: 467403657.png (460 KB, 760x700) Image search: [Google]
467403657.png
460 KB, 760x700
>>316614467
I know how do you feel.
>>
File: 1400325528363.jpg (18 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1400325528363.jpg
18 KB, 291x343
can we get more pics of this perfection >>316594973
>>
Does anyone remember which chapter Miu's gravure idol scene is in?
>>
File: tumblr_ngs4ojXGqo1twznt5o1_500.png (725 KB, 401x622) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngs4ojXGqo1twznt5o1_500.png
725 KB, 401x622
>>316614824
>>
>>316614894
end of sixth? Yuri touches her at some point and she disappears after seventh.
>>
Is fatal frame u good? I played the demo and it was pretty fun. It was awkward, but I miss the old awkward survival horror games of yore. It was pretty unique at least.
>>
>>316615105
>>
>>316615326
worth every cent if you ask me, I missed a game like that
>>
>>316615501
by far the prettiest girl
>>
>>316615326
Its good. However far past good depends on your own experience, but it should be at least enjoyable.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D06.jpg (505 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
505 KB, 1280x720
Ren is a pretty cool dude. Hangs around hot babes all day and doesnt fuck anyone.
>>
>>316615326

It's not quite a perfect throwback to those days as FF5 picks up a few modern habits like autosaves replacing save points and being regularly saddled with an NPC, but by and large the game still feels firmly planted in traditional survival horror design. Fatal Frame is one of the last classic survival horror series to not lose its way and 5 ultimately maintains that tradition.
>>
>>316616084
>and being regularly saddled with an NPC
>>
>>316616257

Mayu is a special case because she was very well utilized from a story perspective. Mayu is arguably one of the creepiest elements of FF2. Can't really say the same for NPC participation is 5, though I think they were shooting for a Mayu 2 in Rui on occasion.
>>
>>316615667
She was cute for sure
>>
>>316583320
>>316609957
Would fucking kill for a nicer drawn version of that pic
>>
>>316617162
>those sweater puppies

Someone must make a proper photo session with her.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.