[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the in-universe reason they were supposed to hunt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 14440755.jpg (113 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
14440755.jpg
113 KB, 1024x576
So what's the in-universe reason they were supposed to hunt ghosts wearing bikinis?
>>
Same reason girls wear yoga pants

"It's comfortable"
>>
The ghosts are more likely to attack based on how much of the mountain's water is on you.

If you want to meet ghosts, you're gonna be pretty wet, and you may as well wear something that's meant to be worn in the water
>>
File: 1339481243723.jpg (56 KB, 723x720) Image search: [Google]
1339481243723.jpg
56 KB, 723x720
It's a costume "for fun" you stupid fuck.
>>
Because video games.
>>
Well there are ghosts in the game.

If you can suspend your disbelief for that in order to enjoy the game, why not suspend your disbelief so you can enjoy the bikinis?
>>
Because it's fun, you simpleton fuck.
>>
>>316547590
… that actually make a lot of sense.
>>
File: p23.jpg (50 KB, 374x382) Image search: [Google]
p23.jpg
50 KB, 374x382
>>316546536
WE MUST PROTECT FICTIONAL POLYGONAL 3D MODELS FROM BEING OBJECTIFIED!
>>
File: 1353453675.png (146 KB, 739x564) Image search: [Google]
1353453675.png
146 KB, 739x564
>>
>>316550193
right for the same reasons quiet is MSGV makes sense, it's a post-hoc reasoning employed to justify sex in a video game in reverse. Dont act like it's witty or logical, wit's reactionary bullshit.
>>
>>316547590
That's stupid. You should be wearing something that retains a lot of water then, not something that's designed to dry out easily.
>>
>>316551070
then how are you going to lure the ghosts out and kill them
>>
>>316550938
The game has a literal wetness meter.
It's an actual game mechanic.
>>
>>316550610
Was this translated via Bing Translate or is that his genuine explanation?
>>
>>316551210
so wear a thick sweater & sweatpants, don't wear the least clothing possible so that you dry out as fast as possible.
>>
>>316551210
so why is she not wearing like a big raincatcher that's sealed at the bottom or something.
>>
>>316551363
But there's benefits to both states.

Sometimes you want to meet ghosts, sometimes you don't.
Being able to switch between the two at will is better then getting wet and staying that way.
>>
>implying that angry virgins need any reason to have immersion-ruining boobies in their video games
>>
>>316551570
the point is that bikinis IRL do the opposite of what they do in-game
>>
>>316551164
Well they lure ghosts by being wet, right?
Skin dries out pretty fast, and bikinis are made of a material that's also designed to dry fast.
So to be wet and lure out ghosts there best bet would be to wear normal clothing that takes ages to dry when wet.
>>
>>316546536
the same in-universe reason why ghosts exist

it's a fucking video game.
>>
>>316546536
>wii u
>graphics this good
Bullshot?
>>
>>316551951
>implying that bikinis add anything of value to video games

how about devs focus on gameplay and graphics and fixing glitches instead
>>
>>316551834
The bikini lets you get wet when you need too and dry out fast when you don't. It really it the best thing to wear when you are fighting ghosts with a magic camera.

Never thought I'd say that.
>>
>>316551951
wrong, the reason for bikinis is cheap fan-serviced, "it's a video game" isnt an argument that removes all criticism from the writing
>>
>>316551951
Are you fucking retarded? Ghost are totally real. That's not even debatable.
>>
>>316552227
>bending backwards this far to justify sex-sells in a logical manner
>>
>>316552227
it doesn't make you dry faster in-game, it's just a skin
>>
>>316546536
Well if I remember correctly, the main character is a model which is why they kept going to the mansion in the first place (to take photos).
>>
>>316552240
>>316552240
>the reason for bikinis is cheap fan-serviced, "it's a video game" isnt an argument that removes all criticism from the writing

How 'fan service' a criticism is the slightest?
>>
>>316552625
models don't walk around in modelling clothes like swimwear or lingerie, they change on-set.
>>
File: PT cut content.webm (2 MB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
PT cut content.webm
2 MB, 500x444
>>316552328
prove it
>>
>>316552661
I guess whether or not that's a criticism depends on your preference, I just feel like for me it feels immature and petty, like is this what you think it takes to sell this game? tits for no reason? it's trashy
>>
>>316552661
"fan service" is just meme talk for "we want the angry virgin demographic and are willing to ruin the immersion of our game for it"
>>
So, Bikini shitstorm aside. How is the game?
>>
>>316552339
>Thread made to ponder a possible in-universe explanation for a weird behavior
>People come up with a moderately plausible one, which was the point of the fucking thread
>"lol you're really reaching"
>>
>>316552921
repetitive and lackluster
>>
Isn't she a gravure idol? It was part of a flashback cutscene.

Also the costume is unlockablea after you beat the game, completely optional, like the Transform costume in Silent Hill 3.

What's the in-universe reason Heather was supposed to fight monsters wearing this shit?
>>
>>316552941
>moderately plausible

>>316552503
>it doesn't make you dry faster in-game, it's just a skin
>>
>>316551861
>logic
>girls
good luck with that
>>
>>316552941
well of course in universe reason like that will always exist, they have to. the writers are forced to justify immersion breaking marketing techniques after the fact to appear credible. I'm just suggesting that instead of saying "oh it's ok cuz she breathes through her skin" or "oh whatever it's for optimal wetness" you think critically about whether or not that's acceptable or necessary.
>>
>>316552921
It's at odds with itself.

Yeah, it's got all the fixings of a survival horror game, limited resources, weak player character, unsettling setting and story, but the actual game design is super arcadey.
It's built around replaying level and going for high scores.
You're gonna miss stuff the first time through any given chapter mostly because the game expects you to be super fast and twitchy with the camera.
>>
File: mgsv-quiet-sniper-wolf-outfit.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-quiet-sniper-wolf-outfit.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>316552867
you do realise the unlockable alternative costumes aren't cannon right? It's like complaining how Quite can breath in the sniper wolf costume.
>>
>>316552867
>"fan service" is just meme talk

Actually "fan service" is just meme talk to put any kind of sexuality in a box as being there only to "service" someone, and just "fans" for some reason. Optional costumes that you don't have to wear don't ruin anything except feminists' mood.

You never hear people talk about a sex scene in a movie with Scarlett Johansson that was obviously only put in there because they wanted a sex scene with Scarlett Johansson referred to as "fan service" or "breaking immersion".
>>
>>316550610
[raughs]
[raughs]
[raughs]
>>
>>316546536
In universe reason was that they had already cleared out the ghosts, knew they could do it and decided to fuck around in bikinis because these are fucking OPTIONAL POST-GAME BONUSES YOU RETARDED CUNT
>>
>>316553478
your comparison doesn't work.

If anything, it's comparable to a movie being released on Blu Ray as a director's cut - The Exorcist as an example since we're talking spooky - and everyone is wearing underwear.

Why? What does it add? It's completely fish-out-of-water.
>>
>>316553478
people do complain about sex scenes on /tv/ being distracting all the time. They don't openly insult people for saying they like them however.

Weird that.
>>
>>316554013
Other people also don't cry CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SJW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when movies are edited for TV.

Funny ain't it?
>>
>>316553839
>your comparison doesn't work

I wasn't comparing the things in this game specifically. I just mean that anytime any kind of sexuality is shown, any sexy character is in a game, it's dismissed as "fan service". Whereas in other mediums like films where it's obvous that they're banking on a female celebrity's sex appeal, putting sex scenes just because the public will like it, or overt sexuality in music videos, people never use "fan service" to describe it. They never call the people this appeals to "virgins" or "manchildren".

>Blu Ray as a director's cut - The Exorcist as an example since we're talking spooky - and everyone is wearing underwear.
Snce this is an optional costume, it's more like if The Exorcist was released on Blu-Ray, and you had to option to watch the original film, and the option to watch an edited version. It doesn't take anything away from the original film.

>Why? What does it add? It's completely fish-out-of-water.
What does this costume add to Silent Hill 3: >>316553005

Nothing, it's just a bit of fun for people who are willing to unlock them and play the game multiple times. I don't get why it enrages people like you.

>>316554094
Actually /tv/ complains about SJWs as much as /v/, maybe even more.
>>
File: 918lqeBU3DL._SX385_.jpg (44 KB, 385x486) Image search: [Google]
918lqeBU3DL._SX385_.jpg
44 KB, 385x486
>>316553839
>They never sell horror DVDs on the promise of T&A

Are you fishing cause you're going to have to get a lot better bait.
>>
>>316554459
>Snce this is an optional costume, it's more like if The Exorcist was released on Blu-Ray, and you had to option to watch the original film, and the option to watch an edited version. It doesn't take anything away from the original film.

Yeah that's what I said.

But it also re-invents itself as a pile of nonsense, officially as well. You have the original film but you also have a stupid mess that tags along with it and indirectly ruins the film/film maker's image and reputation.

> I just mean that anytime any kind of sexuality is shown

There's a time and place for sexuality, putting it everywhere and anywhere just to move units is cheap and manipulative.

> I don't get why it enrages people like you.

I'm not mad I just think it's incredibly stupid, especially when it's not even a bonus DLC or Game+ bonus, but the default appearance of female characters. Bikini armor is the boy-band of the gaming world.
>>
>>316554565
>They never sell horror DVDs on the promise of T&A

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>316546536
parasites
>>
>>316554565
>10% on rotten tomato

gee I wonder why they had to resort on putting some girl's ass on the cover
>>
>>316555084
>'paraphrasing'
>>
>>316555087
nano-memes
>>
>>316555004
>You have the original film but you also have a stupid mess that tags along with it and indirectly ruins the film/film maker's image and reputation.

It's a fucking game. I like the fact that they let you use different characters, different costumes in games.

>but the default appearance of female characters.
No it's not you fucking moron. This is how the characters look in the game with their regular clothing. The bikinis like the ones in the OP are unlockable after you beat the game multiple times, totally optional. It is a "Game+ bonus".

You people just want reason to bitch about something but you're always uninformed. Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>316546536
Ghosts attack and the game revolves around a water element.

If you wear less clothes, its less gear to get wet and allow ghosts to attack.

Less clothes is also you dry faster.
>>
Do you think sjw's just leave a tab open with the 4chan catalog on auto update and check back every now and then looking for threads like these to be faggots in?
>>
>>316555341
there's paraphrasing and then there's replying to your own argument
>>
>>316555424
>No it's not you fucking moron. This is how the characters look in the game with their regular clothing. The bikinis like the ones in the OP are unlockable after you beat the game multiple times, totally optional. It is a "Game+ bonus".

I know that. That's why I said

> especially when it's not even a bonus DLC or Game+ bonus, but the default appearance of female characters.

>when

and referred to Bikini armor, which isn't found in fatal frame, as it's not a fantasy RPG. I was talking about other games in general.

There's no need to get mad.
>>
>>316555645
>not unquestionably supporting fan-service and the shit writing it requires makes you an SJW
fuck off I hate them as much as anyone else, but situations like this where developers sell games with ass unfortunately give them some valid cause to complain.
>>
>>316555861
The optional unlockable bikini outfit makes sense in this game
BECAUSE
it's featured in a flashback cutscene that has story relevance. So it's not a totally randumb optional costume it has significance ,it just so happens to be sexy which makes homo's like you mad.
And even it was totally randumb so what, lots of optional costumes are.
Again OPTIONAL. FAGGOT
>>
>>316546536
The water was cursed
>>
>>316555861

You are a SJW, just because you say you aren't, doesn't change shit.

>but situations like this where developers sell games with ass
They don't. It's an optional outfit, the game sells itself on being a decent survival horror game. The picture in the OP wasn't part of the marketing here.

>unfortunately give them some valid cause to complain.
No it doesn't. There's nothing wrong with sexuality.

Jesus Christ, you faggots are so bad at fitting in. Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>316546536
Isn't this literally supposed to be an optional 'fun' costume? I don't understand why there are so many normie ćucks raging about it in here.
>>
>>316555817
>There's no need to get mad.

You're the one getting mad at fucking virtual boobs in a videogame. You fuckers can't be satisfied and want to take away everyone's fun, that's why everyone hates you.
>>
>>316556027
it doesnt just HAPPEN to be sexy, dont you get that? It's in the game for reasons beyond plot, plot is used after it's in there for petty reasons to justify it's inclusion. In other words it has significance because it needs to, dont ever pretend plot is out of the developers hands or just happens, think critically ffs.
>>
>>316556027
>>316556037
>being this mad over pixels and boobies

Also

>a decent survival horror game

>67% on Metacritic
>-15% "All Game Reviewers Are Paid Off" Meme Tax
>52% on Metacritic
>>
>>316552215
bikinis add fun to video games. You remember back when video games had that quality, don't you? Back before they all had to contain super serious political statements? And even if you disagree that bikinis add some fun to the game, they must have some value if the developer of the game chose to put in the time and effort to model and code them in.

>>316552240
>cheap fan service
It's cheap entertainment. Why can't cheap entertainment have cheap fan service too? Seems like a good match.

Fatal Frame 5 isn't some ground breaking, super-serious narrative that has a sense of dignity to uphold. It's pokemon snap with ghosts, for christ's sake.
>>
>>316556067

They're not "normies", they're retarded tuimblrite landwhales. "Normies" only get butthurt by moe anime 9 year-old girls, not this shit.
>>
Don't you guys have a gathering at your university safe space to attend to?
>>
>>316556158
you're the one who's literally mad, sorry. You and everyone else is who is so shocked that Nintendo would white-wash games for the west.
>>
>>316556378
>sails
>sails

>nothing is wrong with sexuality, unless it gets in the way of immersion and writing quality.
Then why are you complaining about it here? It's not relevant since it's a completely optional costume.

>a game having some sexuality and a game banking on sexuality are different.
They're both different approaches that can work. Fatal Frame 5 is the former.

You people are so fucking retarded.
>>
>>316555424
Literal semen demons
>>
>>316547590
so wouldn't it make sense to wear super absorbent clothing NOT like bikinis?
>>
>>316556262

Get impressions from forum threads where people woh are experienced with the genre and series actually played the game instead of meaningless aggregates.
>>
>>316556339
The irony of you being the one who's triggered and is having his "safe space" invaded.

Not everyone who thinks that boob-mousepads are bikini armor and lingerie in non-erotic games are stupid things must be your SJW bogeyman, anon.
>>
>>316556218
I'm thinking critically, and you're a mad sjw landwhale and or a faggot who's uptight about the portrayal of the women's in the videogames, and they shouldn't be subjected to eye rape by the male gaze of gamers.
The story is the story, cause that's what the dev's envisioned and wanted, doesn't matter the reason. The reason is it's there cause the devs thought it up and the game exists cause the dev's exist and people buy it cause the fans are there who want it.
And optional is optional, you got a choice to unlock it and/or use it.

Suck a cock and shut up
>>
Are all the English versions censored or just America's?
>>
>>316556715
>cherrypick anecdotes that comply with my opinion

no thanks. I'd rather look at the big picture.
>>
>>316556636
I'm complaining because in cases where you have people buying into these bullshit "in universe" reasons for including something like this, it does affect writing. You really think "oh she shows her body cuz water" is quality writing and immersion? A two year old with sufficient critical thinking can see through such bullshit for what the real intentions are, so should you.
>>
>>316556218
>it doesn't just HAPPEN to be violent, don't you get that? It's in the game for reasons beyond plot
>it doesn't HAPPEN to have blood, don't you get that? It's in the game for reasons beyond plot
>it doesn't HAPPEN to have religious images, don't you get that? It's in the game for reasons beyond plot
>it doesn't HAPPEN to have alcohol and drug references, don't you get that? It's in the game for reasons beyond plot

When will you fat landwhales realize that you're just as bad, if not worse as any religious fuck? You're saying that even if there's a good reason to justify something, it's still not good enough because it was put in there for another reason and was only justified after the fact.

It's a completely censorious mindset.
>>
>>316556548
>Was Oblivion Horse Armor fun as well?
The Randy Savage dragon mod was fun for a while.

Don't you understand what novelty is? Do you hate it when developers put little jokes into their games like Heather Mason's Princess Heart costume?

What's wrong with you? Were you born without a sense of humor?
>>
>>316556787
The localization was done by NOE, so all localized versions in the West had the costumes removed.
>>
>>316556985

The Randy Savage dragon mod was neither put in there by the developers, nor was it in Oblivion for that matter, and it wasn't a selling point.
>>
>>316556797
>getting actual legitimate reviews from several experienced players is "anecdotal"
>getting reviews from user ratings and several shitty "reviewers" who might not even like the genre or series in the first place isn't
>muh numerical scores
>>
>>316556728
How am I being triggered when I'm not the one vehemently attacking others with name calling and making sweeping generalizations about players on the basis of the human body being portrayed in a fictional video game? You sound pretty mad.
>>
>>316555645
They do. They raid constantly and they have just as much dedication as old /b/.
>>
>>316556882
Nearly all FF games have fanservice costumes. None of them unlockable until you beat the game once and usually with special conditions.

For this FF, you DO get a glimpse of one of the girls in her bikini outfit during a cutscene and the 'excuse' for that is that she's a gravure model.
>>
File: 14467292850490.jpg (40 KB, 604x406) Image search: [Google]
14467292850490.jpg
40 KB, 604x406
>>316556067
> I don't understand why there are so many normie ćucks raging about it in here.

Ok I waste few seconds of my time to explain a retard like you "why"
Because thats the option I want in my game and it was there at the beginning, until some progressive bitch decided she/he will be a better person if he/she removes it.
They had no reason to remove it only their zeal.
And at first retards like you tried the same shit, calling us pedos and what not for wanting it but then, they went on to change more shit in other games and I have enough of this shit.

I dont care whats your opinion on me, I dont care whats your agenda, is not your fucking business what kind of vidya they sell as long as its within confines of the law.
Its my business what kind of games I want to play.
I want that and I call them on their BS for trying to be "holier than thou" just for the sakes of twatter backpats, the end.

What I dont understand is why are you pretending its not big deal when they go on censorship binge unopposed.
If you ok with this, I dont have to be so, kindly go fuck yourself with a cactus because I've had enough reading your fucking "why you mad, its not big deal, what are you a pedo" excuses, you and keks like you love to use to try and divert attention from the issue and shame me for liking this stuff like its something bad.
>>
>>316556951
the point is the order in which one motive caused another. for example, it is FAR more likely that "people will buy into this if we show ass" led to "oh let's have a wetness mechanic to justify it" rather than "let's have a wetness mechanic that will be great" leading to "oh well I guess we have no choice to make them naked". It's not as if this reason existed and led to the sexuality, it's just not.
>>
>>316556958
The dev's are upfront that they want their scary game to be about cute/sexy girls being scared
That's Fatal Frame, that's why people like fatal frame, and if you claim to like fatal frame but dont agree or admit to that, you dont really like it and are a moronic fuck.
Again optional costumes are a thing in games all games of all genre's, they're apparent in a lot of japanese surivial horror's going back to Resident evil on ps1 and silent hill's etc.
Sometimes the unlockable costumes makes sense, like the characters normal street wear, or their buisness wear like a police outfit or someething like that.
And it just so happens the girls in fatal frame in this iteration were gravure models who wore clothing like that for photo shoots or whatever, SO IT BECAME A OPTIONAL UNLOCKABLE COSTUME
You mad cause it's sexy. Eat a dick.
>>
>>316556958

Do you also think the Cowgirl Ashley costume in RE4 was only put in there to get people to buy it because it's otherwise a mediocre game?
>>
>>316557197
Are you retarded? That post is referring to the faggots complaining about the costume.
>>
>>316557147
>making sweeping generalizations

you did tell us to go back to whatever, so yes you did.

>>316557197
>censorship

If you're that desperate for wank material in games, maybe don't look to Nintendo games.
>>
What is is about sexy characters in games that trigger people so easily?
>>
>>316557312
of course not RE4 is a fantastic game, at least those devs didnt try to pull some "no guys this outfit makes sense because wetness and parasites" bullshit, that's the way fanservice should be done. with balls and honest intentions.
>>
>>316546536
>>316546536
>asks what in universe reason is for the bikini
>/v/ gives in an reasonable rational for it
>that's not the real reason is it but? >:-/
>well yeah duh lol :P
>>
>>316557198
>the point is the order in which one motive caused another

No, it's irrelevant. Just like it's irrelevant whether the developers who made GTA just wanted a game with a bunch of violence blood, crime, and car-jacking, and then built the game around that, or if they built the scenario and thought those elements would make a good part of the context.

The creative process can work either way, and thankfully fat whales like you can't control it.
>>
File: Until-Dawn-30-980x551.jpg (27 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
Until-Dawn-30-980x551.jpg
27 KB, 980x551
So what's the in-universe reason she was supposed to fight wendingos wearing a towel?
>>
File: naj.jpg (53 KB, 570x422) Image search: [Google]
naj.jpg
53 KB, 570x422
>>316557390
>Are you retarded?
No
> That post is referring to the faggots complaining about the costume.
I am retarded.
misinterpreted it
That said, everything I said still counts and those are my feeling toward fags who say its ok to remove something because sexism or something.
>>
>>316557429

Third-wave feminism and American puritanism, mostly.
>>
File: 1447243493223.png (150 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447243493223.png
150 KB, 500x500
>>316546536
Do you think the male ghosts jack off to them? Can ghosts even cum?
>>
>>316557546
nice character attack but I'm not fat, regardless I have no intentions of controlling anything. I'm not the boogeyman you want me to be. the creative process can work however it works, but it's also ok to critique it. that we can't say shit about what a dev does with writing is nonsense, I can and will.
>>
>>316550938

>post hoc
>reactionary
>>
>>316557308
>about sexy girls

Cute? Yes.

Sexy? No.

>>316557312
That's a great game, something which FF WII U is not. It's still a great game without the costumes, although they do need to give you incentive to replay the game.
>>
File: 1321683803846.jpg (150 KB, 980x550) Image search: [Google]
1321683803846.jpg
150 KB, 980x550
>>316557107
>The Randy Savage dragon mod was neither put in there by the developers, nor was it in Oblivion for that matte
Way to miss the point entirely. You said mods and skins like horse armor can't be fun and I proved you wrong.

And Heather Mason's Princess Heart costume in Silent Hill 3 was put in by developers. But you ignored that tidbit like a cherry picking champion.

And alternative costumes are never a selling point in a game, it's a fun extra. But I guess fun extras can't go into games anymore because "they're not realistic enough for my ghost photography simulators."
>>
>>316552240
The game is about fucking gravure idols for fucks sake. Look it up.
>>
yeah because wearing trousers would protect you from spirits so much more, wouldn't it?
>>
>>316557595
She just had a shower.
>>
Ghosts are easier to see when they have bones
>>
>>316557695
Considering FFV involves ghost-live person pregnancy and birth, yes.
>>
>>316557695
Yes tons of ectoplasm
>>
>>316546536
>needing an explanation for a fucking costume
>>
>>316557403
Then explain to me why you feel so offended when a developer decides to make a game how they want to so much that you feel the need to lash out those who disagree with your viewpoint of the need to suppress those works. People outside the target audience that the developers intended for weren't going to buy the game anyways, with or without the censors but they somehow think they need to continue to attack those who were the intended audiences.
>>
>>316557743
I meant reacting to the fact that it's in the game and devising a reason for it after the fact I guess
>>
>>316557760
>And alternative costumes are never a selling point in a game

So why are you all so upset over it?
>>
>>316557837
>needing an explanation for a fucking costume being removed
>>
i dont care for censorship, let me decide for *myself* if its trashy or not, not some other faggot
>>
>>316552215
>>implying that bikinis add anything of value to video games

Then why fucking censor at all, it's a costume that requires rigorous amount of playthrough of the game to unlock.
>>
>>316557852
>Then explain to me why you feel so offended

I'm not.

I think "sex sells" is silly at best, and at worst ruins immersion. Generally speaking.

A game like GTA where stripper and hookers exist, that makes sense to have girls in slutty clothes.

A horror game or RPG set in ancient times? eh.
>>
>>316546536
NO ONE CARES YOU PRUDE CUNT SUCK MY DICK
>>
>>316553361
Fuck off. Ghosts don't break your immersion but a set of underwear does? What they fucking hell is wrong with you? You haven't even played the game. There is a perfectly reasonable and sad reason for the lingerie.
>>
>>316558000
I don't want an explanation, I want it back in the game.
>>
>>316557595

The most hilarious part is she is also 19. The same age as the girl in FF. But, I guess running around in a towel is not as bad as running around in bikinis. Oh yeah, Nintendo is retarded.
>>
File: 3739663032_591198309e_o.jpg (2 MB, 2977x2165) Image search: [Google]
3739663032_591198309e_o.jpg
2 MB, 2977x2165
>>316546536
For receives sensory stimuli from the external environment.?
Can the human skin protect of ghost powers?
Boost the japaneses birthrate?
>>
>>316558064
>I think "sex sells" is silly at best, and at worst ruins immersion.

let me be the judge of that, don't decide that for me

if you don't like an optional sexy costume because you think it breaks immersion, don't use it, is it so hard to consider that?
>>
>>316558034
Because it's fucking NINTENDO.

An entire game that built its global brand on stupid cute little harmless family-friendly games.

Also American values, violence is great but sex is a dirty dirty sin.
>>
>>316557724
>but it's also ok to critique it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to put something in a game and finding a good context and justification for it. Saying that anything that triggers you needs to naturally flow and be created for a specific purpose that you consider acceptable is retarded.

If I wanted to put T-Rex or a helicopter in my game, I'd find a good setting and justification for that.

>that we can't say shit about what a dev does with writing is nonsense, I can and will.
You're trying to limit what people do. It doesn't matter if you just consider it "critique", there's a reason why you only hold things like sexuality to those creative standards and not other things. It's not critique, it's ideology.
>>
>>316554094
Yeah, because they can buy an UNCUT bluray of the movie on TV that is in their native language you stupid twat.
>>
>>316558178
>let me be the judge of that, don't decide that for me

Well I don't make decision for Nintendo now do I?
>>
>>316558178
If I dont want to use it, THEN YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO USE IT
And we make that happen by editing it out of the game.
>>
>>316546536
Extra costumes because it's a video game. An M rated one at that. Fuck off.
>>
Remember guys, it's okay to enjoy a piece of entertainment but also be critical about it!!!
-anita sarkeesian
>>
>>316557429
jealousy
>>
>>316558247
the same point applies, regardless if you felt it applied to you or NoA

for example you could be a video game journalist and decide to rail on a video game just because of some particular reason

i don't care how good your reasons are, let me decide for myself
>>
>>316557403

>> If you're that desperate for wank material in games, maybe don't look to Nintendo games.

You forgotten what Nintendo said back in 2012 that they were gonna appeal to the mature crowd as well as the market they are aiming for just as the WII U is released

but then I shouldn't be so gullible in listening what Nintendo has to fucking say.
>>
>>316546536

Fatal frame always was a terrible series when the selling points are bikini dlcs
>>
>>316552215
And yet those were already in the game and they had to waste extra time and resources to make the shitty crossover costumes for english speaking regions instead of fixing shit like you say they should.
>>
>ITT: Nerds being mad that a family-friendly company, who makes Disney look edgy, took their boobies away

VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>316558185
see >>316558401
>>
>>316558257
the thing was, i used to be able to bypass this by (just)importing games

thanks to nintendo and their shitty fags that enable region locking, i now have to own two of the same console if i want to bypass this bullshit

thanks nintenfags
>>
>>316558445
>same company that published Bayonetta 2
>>
>>316558374
well now you get to decide whether you still want to play the game or not, and it all hangs on the balance of pixelated lingerie.

>>316558401
you shouldn't
>>
>>316558445
>Nerds being mad that a family-friendly company

> family-friendly company

>bayo 2

fuck off retard
>>
>>316558445

Even Disney is more mature than Nintendo now which is fucking amazing, since they own Marvel and Star Wars and allowed a literal black widow get beaten up in Avengers 2
>>
>>316558531
This. Bayo 2 and HW and now we're getting censored FF and XCX. Fucking flipflopping faggots.
>>
>>316558461
>then I shouldn't be so gullible in listening what Nintendo has to fucking say.

I agree!
>>
>>316552867
So-called fanservice (it's a misnomer in 99% of cases) is totally commonplace and casual in Japan, it's not the big deal that Westerners always make it out to be.

>>316556728
>SJW bogeyman
This poster is an astroturfer. SJW astroturfers almost always invoke the "SJW bogeyman." They just can't help it. They have to keep repeating the same words over and over again.

>>316557429
Well SJWs should be obvious, but other people still think of video games as children's entertainment so they think they can't have any hint of sexuality in them. Same thing with anime.
>>
File: 1361478383068.jpg (100 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1361478383068.jpg
100 KB, 682x600
>>316558445
>a Mature-rated 17+ game that only a few thousand people will play should have completely optional costumes removed reasons
>Nintendo, the company that publishes games like Devil's Third and Bayonetta 2
>implying the nerds aren't the ones who get upset by sexuality in media all the fucking time because they know they can't get any and it frustrates them to see things they'll never have
>>
>>316558547
>well now you get to decide whether you still want to play the game or not

no, because now i get to play the game in its original form and decide for myself, by my own consensus if its trashy or not

is it wrong to want to form my own opinions?
>>
>>316558626
>implying the nerds aren't the ones who get upset by sexuality in media all the fucking time because they know they can't get any and it frustrates them to see things they'll never have

Sugoi study there onichan, do you have anything to back that up, something that doesnt come from your anus which at this point resembles a saucer filled to the brims with nigger cum.
>>
>>316558562

They went 2 step forwards and now in this year they took 3 steps back..

There was no reason to censor the bikinis except as a "fuck you" to their mature audience who put up with their bullshit and are more than unlikely to purchase a NX as well as third party developers hopping on it.

It doesn't make sense they keep on spouting we are in a new age of media and allow all sorts of gaming on the system from mature age content to kids stuff we enjoyed as a kids but then censor it when the going gets tough cause a few landwhales might get offended on tumblr.

Even Disney acting more sensible than they are right fucking now. Nintendo want's to be the gaming world Disney and this is the wrong way of doing it.
>>
>>316546536
So what's the in-universe reason for a company to treat their customers like children and censonr MA games?
>>
>>316557107
Fatal Frame 5's alternate costumes weren't a selling point in America, because they aren't even in the damn game.
>>
>>316558531
>>316558562

>one game

well that overrides decades upon decades of nothing but Mario going WAHOOO!

Yes I know that there is more tha one M-rated game published through Nintendo, but the point is that they focus overwhelmingly on safe & stupid family gaming
>>
File: 1412498070527.jpg (747 KB, 1440x1620) Image search: [Google]
1412498070527.jpg
747 KB, 1440x1620
>>316557915
Because censorship is bad, you retard. Censorhip is why the first amendment is literally the first thing protected in the constitution.

Censorship is bad when it stifles free thought, it's especially bad when it censors harmless things like jokes, and it's an atrocity when it causes people to censor themselves out of fear of public puritan outrage.
>>
>>316558830
desu im really glad their stock price tanked

a company that has zero respect for their primary consumer can FOAD (not that sony is any better, but they still deliver games)
>>
>>316558859
>treat their customers like children

It's Nintendo, anon.

>>316558862
Yet it's the only thing from the game that people are talking about. hmmm.
>>
>>316558918
The girl in the white bikini looks like she could tighten up her ass a bit, if you catch my drift...
>>
File: bwaaaahh muh censorship.jpg (30 KB, 774x500) Image search: [Google]
bwaaaahh muh censorship.jpg
30 KB, 774x500
>>316546536
There's none. It's pure fanservice to lure in more losers to buy their games.

Also the reason said losers started crying 24/7 on /v/ when their precious fapbait was censored out of the game. Was hilarious to read the pure devastation though.
>>
>>316558750

Most of the feminists who complain about this shit are white beta males with beards, or landwhales and dykes with dyed hair. It mostly seems to stem from jealousy and insecurity.
>>
>>316559013
Just like GTA lure in losers with "cool kidz" stuff like excessive violence, drugs and whores.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>316558918
Okay but go wave your constitution at something that actually matters maybe, like how you can't criticize Israel without being flagged as an anti-semite. Not boobies in a Nintendo game
>>
>>316558884
ok, point taken

either way this is still a stupid direction to take, considering the list of current and upcoming games

>FF
>FE
>xenoblade
>BD2

and thats only the shit we know about
>>
>>316558976
>Yet it's the only thing from the game that people are talking about. hmmm.

Because retards like you have turned the censorship/gender thing into a huge issue by pushing your politics so hard all over the place over the last years, so it's all people can talk about.
>>
File: muh pantsu.jpg (112 KB, 444x670) Image search: [Google]
muh pantsu.jpg
112 KB, 444x670
>>316558918
It's fun to piss off autists that cares so much about bikini outfits though. Based NOA.
>>
>>316558931

It's quite amazing they HAD it in the bag with the following 2 releases, they definitely could of established themselves as the Disney of the gaming world allowing some more mature stuff to flow on their system as much as supporting the family friendly orientated stuff.

Fatal Frame V and Xenoblade Chronicles was going to test what they said in "2012 when they are for the mature audience as much as the kids" statement was going to be true.

Probably Nintendo forgot that Disney owns Marvel and Lucasarts which are allowed to produce mature stuff for their audience.
>>
As much as I want this, I blame American culture more than anything. Anything sexual is dismissed here and this is an easy target for the media, especially if it's a young child. It's easier said than done.
>>
>>316559093
At least these people have an actual chance with females, lol.
>>
>>316559158
no one protested the game, anon.
>>
>>316557476
The parasites make absolute sense in MGSV. I don't understand how a woman in a bikini is a problem. I can shoot people's heads off with a magnum and watch it burst like a goddamn overripe melon, but heaven forbid I see a woman with some skin exposed.
>>
>>316559013
>There's none. It's pure fanservice to lure in more losers to buy their games.
But the millions and millions of people watching Game of Thrones of course are not in it for the "fanservice," and respectfully cover their eyes and ears every time something un-Christian happens. Right?
>>
>>316558976
>>treat their customers like children

if thats the case why remove the boob slider or the swimsuit from xenoblade

the pedobait excuse is really flimsy if you realize that teenagers also play the game

teenagers looking at teenagers is bad all of a sudden, just because adults play video games too?

thats fucking retarded m8
>>
>>316559013
There's none because it's unlockable optional content.
>>
>>316559265

I'm talking in general, because it's not an issue that's exclusive to this game.
>>
>>316559182

I hope they censor your Game of Thrones after the rape issue with one of your characters.
>>
>>316559341
I didn't make the rules.

>>316559339
The stuff that happens in GoT makes sense in its context.

If suddenly, Luke and Leia and Han Solo swooped down and started waving lightsbaers around, for the sake of fan service, that would be pretty stupid.
>>
>>316557724
And you are free to be retarded, which you are beyond doubt. People have put up the reason for the costume and you choose to ignore it and create another strawman to light up.
>>
File: Animal Crossing.jpg (413 KB, 800x1099) Image search: [Google]
Animal Crossing.jpg
413 KB, 800x1099
>>316558859
Australia
>>
>>316558859
Australia
>>
It's obvious nintendo wanted this game to be their scary spoopy meme game for halloween and attract all the normie's and sjw c ucks in who go full retard when halloween comes around and are in the mindset that "ooo its halloween so SPOOPY, gotta find some SPOOPY halloweeny games to play, oh I know I own a wiiu they just released a SPOOOPYYY game, i'll try that and be reall SPOOOPY OH MY GEEEEEEEEEEE"
And if they found out about the bikini costume they would have a hissy fit. the end.
>>
>>316559391
Because like the other anon said, muh free speech. People are free to protest shit and you're free to complain about them protesting and companies can do whatever they want with their products and you can do whatever you want with your money and the earth keeps on moving.
>>
>>316559398
GoT is a lot more serious than some niche garbage game from Japan, anon. Sorry.
>>
>>316559482
i know, it's just some of the reasons i find the recent changes illogical from a localization/business standpoint
>>
>>316559587
>GoT is a lot more serious than some niche garbage game from Japan, anon. Sorry.

how can you say that after the last book?
>>
>>316559482
>The stuff that happens in GoT makes sense in its context.
I can't believe people seriously try to use this as an excuse. I bet you also watch porn for the plot.
>>
>>316559575
It's obvious nintendo wanted this game to be their scary spoopy meme game for halloween and attract all the normie's and sjw c ucks in who go full retard when halloween comes around and are in the mindset that "ooo its halloween so SPOOPY, gotta find some SPOOPY halloweeny games to play, oh I know I own a wiiu they just released a SPOOOPYYY game, i'll try that and be reall SPOOOPY OH MY GEEEEEEEEEEE"
And if they found out that the only reason people plays this shitty franchise is because of the lewd costumes, the end.

ftfy.
>>
>>316559341
my guess since they removed the risque costumes from the underage they also didnt want the players making a flat MC
>>
>>316559647
They're releasing the game to a country that lost its shit when janet jackson sort of showed her nipple at the superbowl, and where its Attorney Generals would place curtains in front of a statue because dirty sinful thoughts are un-Christian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Justice#Spirit_of_Justice_and_the_Attorneys_General
>>
File: bikini burning.jpg (49 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
bikini burning.jpg
49 KB, 700x394
>>316559182
>It's fun to piss off autists that cares so much about Juden literature. Based Third Reich.
>>
>>316559582
>muh free speech
When that free speech is being used to suppress free speech and expression, it's not really a good excuse.

>People are free to protest shit
But they shouldn't.

>you're free to complain about them protesting
Why are you telling me this?

>companies can do whatever they want with their products
Tell that to the protesters in the first place, they really don't like this fact, which is why they protest. Keep making excuses though.
>>
>>316558020
Exactly. The game is already M rated in America. Children aren't supposed to be playing M rated titles. I can decide what I like and don't like. I'm free to choose to buy a game or not. I didn't buy this game, but I certainly don't believe that the costumes should be removed. I can understand if the game had an E for everyone rating, but this game didn't. No one should be happy about the removal of content. "Oh no! Ghosts are offensive now! We can't have ghosts in games! It's crass and problematic! My great grandfather is a ghost and this game marginalizes him"!
>>
>>316559501
>>316559509

Is this the birth of a new epic meme?

>let's blame Australia and not those other obvious factors that cause censorship in European and American countries
>>
>>316559745
i was talking to a friend about this

imagine if you had to describe the character creation process to a normalfag friend

"what if you cant change just this specific part of your body in the game, you can make a big butt, a fat head, but no boob/chest slider, makes no sense right?"

>>316559791
fuck those puritanical fucks
>>
>>316559817
>But they shouldn't.

They have the right to.

>When that free speech is being used to suppress free speech and expression, it's not really a good excuse.

What exactly is the expression or message lacking from Fatal Frame in its NA release now?
>>
>>316559501
w-why does my post have an animal crossing image
>>
>>316559979
>new epic meme?
No, Nintendo just wants to be able to sell the game in Australia, but doesn't want to waste time and money making a special Australia only version
>>
>>316560001
>What exactly is the expression or message lacking from Fatal Frame in its NA release now?
That bikinis are harmless.

I don't mean to butt into your conversation about epic puritan righteousness maymays, but when you remove a girl in a bikini from a game it sends a message that girls in bikinis are somehow harmful to society, which is absolutely crazy.
>>
>>316558497
I'm so glad that the Playstation is region free. Nintendo are fucking assholes. I'm not going to buy another WiiU or 3Ds for one or two games. I learned Japanese so I could just enjoy a game without having to go through another person's interpretation of the material at hand. So far though the WiiU has only a couple of games on it that were any good. I haven't found one that would make me break down and get a Japanese console.
>>
>>316560112

No you're just making shit up because it's the new convenient excuse you can blame censorship on. If they can spend weeks translating and localizing a game, making a a slightly different version wouldn't cost anything. They'd just have to translate the Japanese version for North American and Europe, and remove the outfits in the Australian version, which is something they already did for the current NA/EU versions anyway. Just making shit up as you go because you know your other reasons for censorship didn't hold up to scrutiny.
>>
>>316560001
>They have the right to.

They also have the right to piss their pants and eat their shit, but it would be ill-advised.

>What exactly is the expression or message lacking from Fatal Frame in its NA release now?
It completely changes the tone of a scene and removes the free expression of sexuality from a game. I wasn't talking about Fatal Frame specifically anyway, I was talking about other things people protest to censor which isn't exclusive to shit like this.
>>
>>316558976
I didn't even see an advert for the game at all in America. I didn't even know that they had brought the game here until I went to /v/ and saw people being upset at censorship in a M rated game. People are talking about the censorship out of anger. Long time fans of the series are pissed and they should be something that they love have been 'fixed' to appease an audience that will NEVER play or buy the game. It is WRONG.
>>
>>316559398
>I hope they censor your Game of Thrones after the rape issue with one of your characters.

and people got to decide on that because it wasnt censored
>>
>>316559482
This game has just as much, if not more, of a reason for it's costumes. Mental fucking gymnastics...
>>
>>316560339
>Just making shit up as you go because you know your other reasons for censorship didn't hold up to scrutiny

Personally, I don't give a fuck either way and I think its pretty pathetic that you guys get your panties so wadded up just because some lewd things get altered in localizations.
I've never given the slightest fuck about fan service in games and always thought it was pretty lame anyway, so it doesn't affect me in the slightest, and with the massive wave of SJW thought policing, and the backlash Nintendo faced with games like Tomadachi not having gay relationships, it makes sense that they'd want to avoid Tumblr's attention.

But like I said, I'm more upset that autists throw bitch fits for weeks whenever this happens then I am that it happened in the first place.

I really can't believe that some people are so childish that they would actually say shit like "I bought my console for this game, and have been excited for it since it was announced, but now I'm not even going to play it and I'm selling my console because they altered a lewd outfit to be less lewd."
>>
>>316560872
>and people got to decide on that because it wasnt censored

No they didn't. The creators did, and you should be glad that they weren't enough of a wuss to give in to pressure, because a lot of them will.
>>
>>316546536
Did you ever see a single horror movie?
>late night
>big house
>electricity is out
>scary noises
>heroine sleeps in her skimpiest lingerie
>"guess I look around!"
>>
>>316561126
>I really can't believe that some people are so childish that they would actually say shit like "I bought my console for this game, and have been excited for it since it was announced, but now I'm not even going to play it and I'm selling my console because they altered a lewd outfit to be less lewd."

no one here said that, stop being retarded
>>
>>316561126
>Personally, I don't give a fuck either way and I think its pretty pathetic that you guys get your panties so wadded up just because some lewd things get altered in localizations.
I think it's pretty pathetic that NOA got their panties wadded up because of some lewd things.

>it makes sense that they'd want to avoid Tumblr's attention
SJWs cannot do anything to Nintendo or affect their bottomline. They are insects to them. It wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to be afraid of tumblrinas.
>>
>>316561126
>I acknowledge that censorship is dumb
>I acknowledge that SJW thought policing is bad
>but people complaining about those things are the problem

You're a weird guy.

>autists throw bitch fits for week
It was more like a few days. Someone just made a thread now, so people are talking about it.

>"I bought my console for this game, and have been excited for it since it was announced, but now I'm not even going to play it and I'm selling my console because they altered a lewd outfit to be less lewd."
No one said that, especially in this thread.
>>
File: 1445384646647.png (76 KB, 292x200) Image search: [Google]
1445384646647.png
76 KB, 292x200
>>316559797
>comparing actual useful knowledge to lowest common denominator fanservice in a shitty niche game

The levels of retardation on this board never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>316561251
Its been said hundreds of times
Maybe not in this thread, but people are constantly saying they're going to sell their consoles because something lewd was censored

I don't get why its such a big fucking deal though, these are unimportant cosmetic things being altered for regional cultural differences.

And its always, ALWAYS lewd.
I never see these "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP CENSORING ME. SJW GET OOOOOOOUT" threads if its something that isn't lewd being changed/removed. Its just people that really love their sexy lolis / lewd vidya ladies getting really really upset when they aren't allowed to get boners over videogames.
>>
>>316561509
>lowest common denominator fanservice in a shitty niche game
>implying it's the only thing being censored because of this
>>
>>316546536

What, are you honestly going to argue that the fucking zero suit fits the setting better?
>>
>>316561535
>I don't get why its such a big fucking deal though, these are unimportant cosmetic things being altered for regional cultural differences.
What "cultural differences"?

>Its just people that really love their sexy lolis / lewd vidya ladies getting really really upset when they aren't allowed to get boners over videogames.
Why is the blame always on us and not the localizers who get upset about something and decide to remove it?
>>
>>316561126
maybe next time you can not give a fuck by not getting in a heated debate.

maybe these "autists" care more about the actual act of censorship rather than what's being censored because they care about the principle of the matter.

Don't you remember when /v/ had this same exact discussion when Ausfailia censored all the blood in Left 4 Dead and again when the country banned Hotline Miami 2? Maybe the people who gave a fuck about that weren't angry because they want to jerk it to zombie blood, but because they don't like censorship.

Your arguments are kind of shit.
>>
>>316561535
why does it bother you when people get boners over videogames?

just saying, thats pretty in line with sjw thought
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
Was having me and others not buy your game part of your plan nintendo?
>>
>>316561707
>Why is the blame always on us and not the localizers who get upset about something and decide to remove it?
Because they don't go on image boards and get upset about it, they're just doing their job and making sure the game can get a certain rating without causing any controversy
>>
>>316561535

People have been pretty pissed about "skell" and other translation changes in Xenoblade.

Though maybe you see more people bitching about lewd being censored because the majority of the time that is all that gets censored.
>>
File: 1447453852341.png (45 KB, 1290x423) Image search: [Google]
1447453852341.png
45 KB, 1290x423
>>316561535

People did complain about other localization changes and censorship before. It's just that this kind of censorship happens more commonly, so it's what you'll hear about more often. More subtle changes aren't easily as immediately understandable to the general public either. People always complain about other kinds of censorship, you just aren't here for it.
>>
>>316561739
we already know that posters such as >>316561126
is accepting of (soft)censorship, i don't see how you can change his mind
>>
>>316546536
Makes more sense than Samus or Peach costumes
>>
>>316561769
I don't care if people get boners over vidya, its just stupid when people throw fits because something lewd gets altered.

There are plenty of lewd games out there for people to play and fap to, I just play my games for the gameplay itself though, and none of these localization changes have actually had any impact on the game. The only thing I can't do in game is change boob sizes, and I won't play as a girl anyway, and even if I did I'd be too busy playing the game to actually notice or care about her boob size.

I just feel like getting upset about lewd things being altered is very silly, and its happening a lot lately.

I'm just getting sick of seeing these "REEEEE CENSORSHIP" threads every fucking day, I can't even tell if their serious or just memeing half of the time.
>>
>>316561509
you know the Nazis burned "writings on sexuality and sexual education which serve the egocentric pleasure of the individual..."?

Keep grasping for those straws, Herr Anon.
>>
>>316561535
It is a big deal because this is a Mature rated game, that had a legitimate reason for the costumes, and even if it didn't have logical reasons that doesn't justify the actions taken. If the costumes were 'unimportant cosmetic things' why were they removed in the first place? If that isn't your thing that is fine, but maybe it is someone else's thing? They can go buy the game uncut and you can not buy the game at all. I don't understand why it has to be an issue. And for the record, I do not own the game or have any intention in ever owning it. I just abhor censorship. I'm an adult. I can make my own decisions.
>>
File: 1361303710589.png (273 KB, 368x447) Image search: [Google]
1361303710589.png
273 KB, 368x447
>>316561126
>YOU GUYS ARE AUTISTIC
>JUST LET ME MAKE MULTIPLE HUGE RANTS ON 4CHAN ABOUT THE SUBJECT TO SHOW HOW NOT AUTISTIC AND INVESTED I AM
>>
>>316561915
I don't expect to change this doofus' mind, I just like watching xir back into a corner.
>>
File: Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>316562080
>>
>>316562080
>2-3 paragraphs are huge rants

>10-20 threads daily about the subject is the same as 4-5 replies in one thread
>>
>>316561965
>and I won't play as a girl anyway
ok cool, it doesn't affect you, but it's just sort of shitty to handwave it off just because

and i get it, you're tired from reading all the censorship threads, but we're also tired that games we play are being censored, so idk we might have to come to a compromise on that

just read >>316561739 he places it a lot better than i do anyway
>>
File: 1443388146021s.jpg (4 KB, 114x125) Image search: [Google]
1443388146021s.jpg
4 KB, 114x125
>>316546536
>>
>>316561797
Why would there be a controversy? It is an 'M' rated game. Nothing in Fatal Frame 5 is bad enough to push it to the Adults Only graveyard. Mature rated games are not supposed to be in the hands of minors. I shouldn't have to be forced to deal with censorship of a game, because a parent somewhere is being irresponsible and letting their children play age inappropriate games.
>>
>>316562289
>but we're also tired that games we play are being censored, so idk we might have to come to a compromise on that

Making an absurd amount of threads about it won't change anything though, it'll just turn it into a meme and more and more people will start to get sick of hearing about it.

If you guys want to stop this contact Nintendo, don't just backpat each other while confirming that you all think this is terrible.
>>
>>316561797
It has nothing to do with ratings, and SJW "controversies" are completely meaningless.

>>316561965
>I don't care if people get boners over vidya, its just stupid when people throw fits because something lewd gets altered.
Again, why is the blame always on us and not the localizers who get upset about something and decide to remove it?
>>
File: Queenie.jpg (43 KB, 480x412) Image search: [Google]
Queenie.jpg
43 KB, 480x412
>all these basement-dwellers going apeshit because their garbage games are being censored

I suggest you move to Pedoland if you absolutely need to fap to garbage games, anons.
>>
File: 1361130774694.jpg (43 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1361130774694.jpg
43 KB, 500x349
>>316561965
>things get censored
>people complain about censorship because they don't want things to get censored

>I just feel like getting upset about lewd things being altered is very silly, and its happening a lot lately.
>I just feel like altering "lewd things" for no reason is very silly, and it's happening a lot lately

>There are plenty of lewd games out there for people to play and fap to, I just play my games for the gameplay itself though, and none of these localization changes have actually had any impact on the game.
>everything should be changed and censored and it shouldn't be a problem because whatever, who cares, it's all about gameplay
>>
you guys are arguing about why video game girls shouldnt wear bikinis on a friday night
>>
BASED NOA
A
S
E
D

N
O
A
>>
>>316551951
Eh, I doubt feminists were responsible for FF5 or BD, that's more likely just Nintendo being puritans. Not that that's a better excuse.
>>
File: tfw.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>>316562530
>>
>>316561965
>I'm the only being that matters in the universe
Maybe other people play the games for all the reasons that you don't. Lewd things have a place, and that place is in Mature rated titles. No need for censorship of any kind.
>>
File: 1392122482110.gif (761 KB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
1392122482110.gif
761 KB, 300x191
>>316546536
Retarded OP is the reason why Nintendo is so shit, irrelevant nowadays.
>>
>>316562449
Hello feminist shill.
>>
>>316562641
>that's more likely just Nintendo being puritans

Yeah man, look how puritanical Bayonetta 2 is, or the new Fire Emblem games. or Hyrule Warriors.
>>
>>316561126

>Personally, I don't give a fuck either way and I think its pretty pathetic that you guys get your panties so wadded up just because some lewd things get altered in localizations.
I've never given the slightest fuck about fan service in games and always thought it was pretty lame anyway, so it doesn't affect me in the slightest, and with the massive wave of SJW thought policing, and the backlash Nintendo faced with games like Tomadachi not having gay relationships, it makes sense that they'd want to avoid Tumblr's attention.

What the fucking drugs are you on? The game is gonna shit no matter what you do to it, just fucking release it the way it is for the audience who wants to buy the game not some fucking fat whale tumblrette who didn't pre-order it. If they wanted to avoid the whole controversy there's a fucking easier way to do it, you fucking twat.

And here it is:

Don't release the fucking game at all but Nintendo being greedy fucks they are watched how the "fan Translated" version was getting download the fucked out and try to do a cheap cash in like NIS with danganronpa.
>>
>>316562938

Was referring to Fan-translated version of FF4 on the Wii.
>>
>>316562784
How exactly do you "shill" feminism?
You are fucking retarded m8, parrot some more buzzwords though, you are very close to fitting in this anonymous image board.
>>
>>316562850
Sorry, by Nintendo I was referring to NoE/NoA. It's true they left Bayo alone, but that might be because sexuality is so core to her character.

Regarding FE, awakening was censored and I doubt Fates will escape unmolested.
>>
>>316562530
No, we're arguing about how allowing censorship to chip away at free thought and ideas through the guise of the moral high ground hurts everyone in the long run. People don't mind as much when you suppress ideas through slow erosion than if you take it all away in one swoop. You give them an inch now, but over time they'll have the mile.
>>
>>316563061
>Regarding FE, awakening was censored and I doubt Fates will escape unmolested.

how bad is it?
>>
>>316563036
>How exactly do you "shill" feminism?
The same way you shill anything else.

>You are fucking retarded m8, parrot some more buzzwords though, you are very close to fitting in this anonymous image board.
Try harder, shill.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.