[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we all ready to admit this is by far the best Fallout game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 13
File: 81-0-1447157316.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
81-0-1447157316.jpg
221 KB, 1920x1080
Are we all ready to admit this is by far the best Fallout game to date? Because it definitely is.
>>
>>
Only fagits play Fallout.
>>
>>316538545
Maybe in a world where 1, 2, and New Vegas didn't exist.

But then it'd have to contend with Tactics
>>
>>316538635
>Oh no an open world game has bugs

Wow, really? I'm not even trying suck Bethesda's cock but they've crammed so much shit into this game it's unreal. I'm 20 hours in, know most of the games mechanics now, and I still feel overwhelmed by the scope. It's fucking MASSIVE.
>>
>>316538840
>1, 2

1 and 2 are total crap though. The combat mechanics are fucking horrible in both. That alone makes both games mind numbingly shit compared to 3, NV and 4.
>>
>>316538840
/thread
>>
>>316539230
wat

Is this b8? This has to be b8.
>>
Yeah, I'm thoroughly enjoying it
>>
>>316538545
i'm enjoying it quite heartily
>>
>>316539351
>Is this b8

Are you fucking serious? Have you even played Fallout or 2? The realtime combat in both is fucking horrible. Go watch a Youtube video, faggot. You clearly haven't actually played them.
>>
>>316538920
Agreed. This game is good. Amazing by Bethesda standards. If only /v/ weren't such faggots.
>>
>>316539504
>Institute Pistol+
>Still getting shitty weapons even that far into the main story

Christ, is this my end-game content?
>>
>>316538635
Shit man, I hate that the character don't even keep the weapon behind when he's not using it. That never happen in the previous games.
>>
Its a really good game, glad I didnt bandwagon with /v/ against it.
Could someone explain the settler thing to me? I have the tower that brings people in, lots of beds, food, and water. Do I just have to wait for people to come or is there something else I need to do? Also what affects their happiness?
>>
>>316539810
What else would your son be carrying on him.

A Gauss-rifle?
>>
>>316539972
A modded weapon with +3 perks added to it, ideally.
>>
File: 1447448577941.webm (3 MB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
1447448577941.webm
3 MB, 683x384
>>
File: hahaha.webm (654 KB, 720x302) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.webm
654 KB, 720x302
>>316540058
>>
>>316539680
Fallout 1 is a far better game than 2 and 2 isn't as good as 3, although nv ties with 3, tactics is better than 2 but not 1.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-12 08-12-45-775.jpg (333 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-12 08-12-45-775.jpg
333 KB, 2560x1080
>>316540161
>>
>>316540167
I haven't played tactics but both Fallout 1 and 2 are garbage games. Like, totally legit shit games. I can't get over the fact the combat is so tedious. I can't. It really brings them down in terms of overall enjoyment. And I mean plummeting down, like falling off a fucking mountain. It's so, so bad.
>>
>>316539810
It's all level based
>>
>>316538545

its certainly better than anything japan could possibly produce

years ahead of japan
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6000238

http://strawpoll.me/6000238

i have to know what is your choice
>>
>>316540649
>Strawpoll

I wish these fucking redditors would piss off.
>>
>>316538920
>it's fucking massive
It's the smallest Bethesda world to date.

..And still, it manages to feel emptier than all of them.
>>
1 and 2 are the best. The combat is actually dangerous and satisfying, while in the newer games it's more akin to either a shitty first person shooter or a boring dungeon crawler where you repeatedly chip away at their health in real time waiting for them to die.

Bethesda essentially makes first person dungeon crawlers now, where the goal is simply more and more powerful loot for enemies that scale accordingly. There is no skill to the combat, but there is also no fun. It is comparable to walking on a treadmill. There is no development, the way you build the character doesn't matter at all, and the feel of the world, characters, and story is shit.
>>
Todd told me to tell you guys that if you don't like this game, then you're a huge faggot who obviously doesn't know what fun is.
>>
people always talk about how much better NV was

did anybody else find NV really boring

did i just play it wrong
>>
>>316540649
what happens if I nuke boston because I legit think it's a shit citty? can I keep playing this shitty game?
>>
>>316540860
I don't know how true that is, but it certainly feels like the biggest. It's choc-full of dungeons to clear and areas to discover and explore, not to mention all the random quests you get in these areas. I have honest to God never felt so overwhelmed by a game in my life. Every time I start a new quest-line, I'm sidetacked by another which I discover. It;s getting to the point where I have like 10 quests active at the same time.
>>
>>316541191
>10 active 'kill the raiders' quests
IMPRESSIVE
>>
I've only clocked in 40 hours so far. It's a bit early to claim is the best ever fallout game
>>
>>316541070
NV is shit, only /v/ thinks it's a good game or better than 3. It's essentially a big empty desert with the odd few settlements here and there. It's absolute garbage and I'm convinced /v/ only thinks it's good for meming purposes. It's fucking shit.
>>
>>316541070
NV has the better mechanics. FO3 has the best world. NV had a really boring map, and really uninteresting characters. I feel the same as you
>>
They're all shit so congrats I guess
>>
>>316541327
>Still getting quests where you clear out raider camps

It's time to step up, senpai. You haven't even scratched the surface.
>>
>>316540860
>feels emptier

Bulls shit anon you can't go 3 minutes in the wasteland without coming across another settlement or outpost
>>
>>316541438
/v/ thinks it's good because it was made by Obsidishit.
>>
>>316541550
But, like Skyrim, most quests involve clearing out dungeons filled with enemies. I guess it's not bad if you -really- love the combat in bethesda games, but I just miss investigative quests where you had to talk to people.
>>
>>316541550
I heard it's because you HAVE to do the main quest up to a vetting point to progress the faction quest chains
>>
File: 1279017679213.png (9 KB, 271x288) Image search: [Google]
1279017679213.png
9 KB, 271x288
All of my co-workers are playing this and I'm getting pretty tired of when they ask me why I'm not playing it and I try to explain to them why this game is a step down from the others. I use facts about the game and tell them what FO4 offers isn't what I want out of a Fallout game and they just laugh it all off and tell me to stop being a hipster.

I told them redownloaded New Vegas instead and the general reaction was
>But anon, that was the worst one!
>It wasn't even made by Bethesda, the original creators!
>Anon, you still had a backstory in that game, why are you complaining about having a backstory in FO4?
>It's buggy and unfinished!

I feel like everyone is actively trolling me IRL.
>>
>>316541637
None of these open world games are good you shitter lol
>>
How recognizable is Boston compared to the real thing?
>>
>>316541773
Why not just say it's not something that intrests you instead of trying to shit on their fun anon.
>>
>>316541569
>can't go 3 minutes without coming across another collection of 3 shacks and with 2 NPCs in them
wao
>>
>>316541957
they cleaned it up a bit but overall it feels familiar
>>
>>316541773
People have bad taste. Just look at the Bethdrones in this thread butthurt that Obsidian made a better fallout game in 18 months than Bethesda could in several years.
>>
>>316541657
I literally just cleared a random steel mill which had a boss and a bunch of dialogue options at the end of it with a settler you can save

You need to explore more. Basically any large building is a dungeon and usually has a "boss" character at the end of it which you can talk to in some way.
>>
>>316541773
What kind of retards says "i don't like this game muh shit story muh dialogue wheel muh graphics"? You sound like an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>316541191
I've like 47 hours logged and I haven't done many quests other than the minuteman ones, I spend a lot of time exploring. There's so much to see, holy shit. Haven't even gone much south of diamond city
>>
>>316542031
>moving goalposts

Yeah thought as much. Enjoy your Shitposting session
>>
>>316541773
>expecting anything else from normels
you brought this on yourself
>>
>>316541773

I get where you're coming from, dude. This is the reason why I hate having friends that are casual gamers.
>>
>>316541995
>>316542128

When I tell them I'm not interested, they want to know why, so I actually have to get into details.
>>
>>316541995
>trying to shit on their fun
Is that what having a different opinion is called these days?

If they can't handle someone not liking a video game they like then they need to go back to kindergarten.
>>
>>316538545
responding to this bait

its not the best fallout game because it is actually 3 other games put together set in the fallout universe

it's fun, don't get me wrong, the combat is great but the world is dead and buggier than other beths games. and modding support is assy shit.
>>
>>316538920
>An open world game has bugs
You're definitely sucking Bethesda's cock, both MGSV and The Witcher are open-world games and neither suffered nearly as many issues as Fallout does.
>>
>>316541957
Looks more like current day Detroit. Piper has a cute BAWSTON accent though. Also a lot of the little suburb streets look like Boston (Or New York, what's the fucking difference?).
>>
>>316542069
Is there going to be an Obsidian Fallout on this engine?
>>
It felt like in Fallout 1 and 2 the quests were always intended to be somewhat fresh and make you use the game in a different way. Some were defending cattle from people, others involved running errands between two settlements and having to persuade people along the way, sometimes you had to rescue people, etc. It felt like they were actively trying to keep quests fresh and their solutions varied and unexpected, and often entirely dependent on whether or not you built your character so that completing that quest would make sense. In newer games like Skyrim so many quests are just about invading places and killing raiders (rather easily, too) or finding an objective at the end of a cave.

This is because in RPGs you must solve problems in less clear ways, and whether or not you are able to solve them is often dependent on the kind of character you built. The reward for completing a quest is not just a new gun or experience, but seeing what surprise the game has in store for you at the end or the joy of figuring it out. You never knew if when you complete a quest some guy would just give you a few beers and tell you to fuck off or start you on a journey to get the most powerful weapon in the game. In Bethesda games, the goal is simply to get a better weapon which still does roughly the same amount of damage to your enemies due to the level scaling, and this is usually acquired by doing a very predictable quest with a predictable solution and a predictable reward.

Which is more fun is up to you, but it isn't hard to see why this makes the newer games dumber and worse than the old ones.
>>
>>316542216
While I agree with you it works both ways. If we go out for lunch and you get sushi I could say meh it's not for me instead of repeating the hate speech about sushi I read on the Internet.
>>
>>316542282
TW3 had a shitload of bugs on release. I still think it's GOTY.
>>
>>316542510
I doubt it, think they've got other stuff lined up like Vampire Bloodlines sequel.
>>
Does anybody else hate the amount of guns you get in new Fallout games and how easy they are to use? Because they hand you a million early on and you can use them very well from the get go, they had to nerf them compared to the older games and they are no longer rare, valuable killing machines which require you to build your character around them. I feel like the game would be better if there were fewer kinds of guns and they were difficult to initially acquire and use.
>>
>>316540430
You sound exactly like an entitled teen who grew up on xbox live screaming at people. Can you not be satisfied unless there's big colourful pew pews coming out of the end of your scrapyard abortion to hold your attention? There's more to games than gunplay you know.
>>
>>316542518
If I keep pestering you asking why you're not eating sushi you would then tell me why.
>>
>>316542202
Just say you think its not fun. Can't be that hard.
>>
>>316539230
>The combat mechanics are fucking horrible in both.
Combat in 1 and 2 is fun and it requires actual thought. No wonder you don't like it.
>>
>>316542880
But then they just throw at me
>BUT YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT
>>
>>316539680
>realtime combat
Yep, it's b8.
>>
>>316542734
I don't like raw fish. ..

I don't have to go into raw fish harboring diseases and shit or I hate the Asians taking over the food industry or any stood reason like that. Just it's not my thing.

I actually like sushi. Those examples were just random thoughts
>>
>>316542984
And that's what anon did, told them why he doesn't like it. What's the problem?
>>
>>316541438
NV has the most boring setting of any open world game I've played. Overall I enjoyed the game but man was that one boring wasteland. The gameplay improvements were nice at the time. And it had some cool DLCs.
>>
>>316542884
Not same anon, but it isn't fun. Everything but the gameplay is great.
>>
>>316542963
Realtime as in the actual sense of the term. You have to wait around for fucking ages just tio finish one fight which should be done in a few seconds. It's garbage, anon.
>>
>>316542563
Yes but not nearly as many as many as Fallout. The general reaction is just a lot more downplayed because for some reason it's acceptable when Bethesda do it because "that's just what they do"
>>
>>316540430
who are you trying to convince?
>>
>>316543101
If that's what you hate about combat, than your fucking pathetic
>>
>>316543072
It's similar to xcom. I like it.
>>
>coarser a superhuman institute synth is weaker than kellog

also where does the girl you save go
>>
Listen up faggots. Its the engine that they've been using forever now. What you're looking at when you boot into fallout 4 is a HEAVILY modded version of Oblivion. The only thing that has changed over the years is the hardware that the games run on. I fucking hope they pull their heads out of their asses because if 2016 rolls around and they make another game on this engine it will be officially 10 years old.

ten fucking years using the same shitty bug ridden engine with terrible physics and retarded rendering

Back on topic. I wouldn't say its the best fallout game but its ok. Theres a ton of shit to explore but that is literally the only good thing the game has going for it.

>AI is a hot fucking mess.
>Town building shit is retarded cell phone enthusiast pandering niggardry.
>Obliterated dialogue and voiced protagonist bullshit.
>The fucking bugs. Fucking christ the bugs.

Most of all I really just fucking hate the FPS drops. Can be running fine one minute then the next the game just turns into a slide show and pauses for a 1-5 minutes until it finally comes back. Meanwhile im just listening to my fucking dog panting in my headphones.
>>
File: Fallout 4 fanbase.png (74 KB, 890x659) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 fanbase.png
74 KB, 890x659
This is the kind of people that Fallout 4 brought to the franchise
>>
>>316543107
People find them funny I guess. Great marketing strategy to turn a flaw into humor. I just wish they cared about fixing the bugs.
>>
>>316543101
It's turn based sperg. The combat is fine, you're just too ADD for the genre.
>>
>>316543048
Theres a difference which children don't understand.

Casually passing over something is not the same as splurging out 'with facts' and in depth analysis.

If you know someone is knowledgeable in the subject them a more in depth conversation is s great thing but when you're talking to casuals 'keep it casual'
>>
>>316540649
I'm so confused, is this the choice if you go with the Institute?

I went with the Brotherhood and I killed my son and nuked the Institute.
>>
>>316543107
Well not everyone is getting a lot of bugs. The only one's I've gotten were Piper walking like Mr. Game & Watch for a few seconds and a single crash. Still I can't remember the last big game, especially an open world one that didn't have lots of bugs on day 1. For me it's less of a "bethesda is just like that" thing and more of an everyone is like that thing. I don't like it but not much I can do about it.
>>
>>316542712
I think the weapon variety is actually pretty terrible. There are only, what, three unarmed weapons? Seventeen melee, none of them new save a wrench? Twenty-nine ranged weapons, with about a third of them mere modifications of an existing base? Despite Fo4's crafting system, New Vegas had a considerably more impressive assortment of weaponry. That you can find a generic rifle and turn it into a sniper rifle on a whim really ruins any distinct feel one particular weapon you might have. A hunting rifle was miles apart from a carbine or a sniper rifle in NV, but here there's only maybe one or two mods worth of difference.
>>
>>316543342

I saw an orange car drifting sideways and then I saw it drifting up the side of a building when I was in Lexington an hour ago. Saw a car fall through an overpass. Saw cars exploding for no fucking reason. Good thing they didn't actually put cars in the game that you can drive. Holy fucking shit.
>>
1 and 2 had better combat. For one, if you put in the skill points and built your character to be a gun man and found a gun it was deadly, as a gun should be. Aiming at the eyes with the proper skill and weapon resulted in a satisfying, gory explosion and a critical hit, dealing insane amounts of damage points far above their max health. This results in far more satisfying mid-late game combat than the chipping-away style of Bethesda games.

The game engine of 1 and 2 allowed for more interesting and tactical combat as well. Because you can lock doors and aim through windows, I was able to take out the very difficult group of slavers at the beginning of Fallout 2 by locking myself in with the leader and several guards and using what little ammo I had to kill them. Then I could aim through the windows from that room and snipe the rest of the guards and free the slaves. This sort of thing- overcoming a challenge with wit- isn't really present at all in Bethesda games. It often comes down to simply clicking repeatedly and mindlessly until your opponent falls with the next level of equipment driving you forward, not finding joy in the combat but in the rewards to come.
>>
>>316543420
I can't wait for mods to add some more weapons. Also, throwing spears. I don't know why but I love using that shit.
>>
>>316541070
I liked NV the world felt more real to me, especially the dialogue options. I did one run relying mostly on speech. It was great when I turned back the legion with my words and not my sword.

Overall I think that NV is the best modern fallout I've played. FO3 and FO4 are okay they just aren't as good.
>>
>>316543101
you're impatient and unintelligent.
>>
>>316538545
>no evil faction to join in
>theme is SJW-ed, no more slavery quest, caesar legion genocide
>Game feel comfortable as #MySafeSpace
>No weapon degrade
>80% quest solved by shooting

yeah its good
>>
>>316543101
You know you can speed the animations up, right? They have several settings for that, you incompetent moron.
>>
>>316539828
They just come in at a really slow pace. You could put beacons in all the settlements (after doing minutemen quests you control like 20+ settlements) and just send all the new ones to one place. Bring up your Pip-boy, scroll over to data, choose workbenches. There you can see all the settlements and why they're unhappy.
>>
its not though
>>
>>316543621
But rail road are evil. They want to save the synths and treat them like people
>>
>>316543101
This is the Fallout 4 audience ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>316543728
Which is kinda SJW ideology if you think about it.
>>
>>316543540
I can't wait for someone to mod in perk requirements for effective weapon use. I don't quite find it fun that you can pick up an anti-materiel rifle at the start of the game and use it like you're the American Sniper.
>>
>>316541438
You have to be 18+ to post here, shitter.
>>
>>316543820
Yeah that's why I killed them. Robots are not people
>>
>>316543852
>You can use a fat man in the first 10 minutes with no penalty

That actually fucked me off
>>
>>316539230
Underage b8.
MODS
>>
I'm 27 hours in and still using a modded version of the starter 10mm Pistol. I found an Assault Rifle but it looked so awful that I couldn't bring myself to use it.

The lack of unique weapons is hitting me really hard, I wonder if I'll be able to play this game to the end like this.
>>
>>316542282
But anon, TW3 was borderline unplayable before the patch.
And MGSV had a competent developer before they booted Kojima. Overall, Fallout has as many bugs as other open world games, maybe a marginal amount more.
>>
File: 1439104901187.png (204 KB, 394x523) Image search: [Google]
1439104901187.png
204 KB, 394x523
NV made an overall better game but even I will admit that FO4 is better than FO3.

For one it looks much better than FO3 in both environment detail and the environments themselves. FO3 is a lifeless stretch of grey nothing. FO4s environment looks a lot better and there are nice touches like weather effects
One thing I'm glad they fixed is that stupid shit in the Havoc engine where if you ran diagonally your characters model wouldn't budge.
At least now your character will turn their body and its not like they're hovering over the ground.

The story is shit though and so is the writing.
>get to Diamond City
>talk to Piper
>so what do you think about this situation
>select hate newspapers because funny /v/ meme
>she doesn't even react
>reload save to see if she reacts to any choice
>only reacts to you agreeing with her
So basically nothing you say matters at all.

I'd love to see Obsidian make a Fallout game with FO4s assets. Bethesda has no reason not to other than their own egos. Bethesdrones will still buy it and Obsidiandrones will buy it too
>>
File: 1447471879734.png (749 KB, 1585x808) Image search: [Google]
1447471879734.png
749 KB, 1585x808
Kek
>>
>>316538545
>how to piss off /v/
>>
File: Bob_at_Easel.jpg (120 KB, 420x543) Image search: [Google]
Bob_at_Easel.jpg
120 KB, 420x543
https://youtu.be/D8UmVUXpfEE?t=2m58s

When we will accept Todd as our second coming?
>>
>>316544817
After TES 6 comes out
>>
>>316540167
>2 isn't as good as 3
GO FUCK YOURSELF, THAT'S MY OPINION.
>>
>>316544817
i estimate that he is 5'5"
>>
>>316544640
STOP POSTING THAT PIC, IT'S WRONG
THERE ARE MANY ENDINGS
FUCK OFF
>>
>>316542518
>having an opinion is hate speech in your mind

i have perfectly well-grounded reasons for not like specific games though?
>>
>>316545282
This actually reminds me of the ending of Fallout 4 where you either kill your son or nuke Boston.
>>
>>316543678
How do I send them to another settlement?
>>
>>316543204
Holy goddamn, so much this.
>>
>>316546184
In the workshop menu, there's a button to send them to another settlement.
>>
It improved in so many ways and added new content. It's hard to find sequels like that nowadays
>>
So, to stop the meme. There are between 4 and 8 different endings in Fallout 4. They're not as in depth as New Vegas, but they're pretty neat. It warrants multiple playthroughs if you enjoy FO4. That's all, have fun /v/.
>>
>>316545282
>le epic Liberty Prime battle AGAIN!!
Todd...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUfCCyfggxI
>>
>>316541070
Obsidian doesn't know how to world build for shit. NV had better CRPG elements and writing than FO3, but what a bland world it was to explore.
I'm about 30 hours into FO4 and I think so far it trumps both NV and 3.
>>
Am I a bad person? I killed my son and nuked boston.
>>
>>316546354
Thank you!
For whatever reason, it wont let me send them to sanctuary (the only area I bothered building anything in and the only area I have suited for survivors) despite having more than enough resources for more people. Weird.
>>
>>316546916
Heh...
>>
>>316541773
this is bait.

your friends are right btw
>>
>>316546916
I don't think you understand what world building is, the world of nv was well designed and felt believable vs the retarded 3. Haven't played enough of 4 to judge though it's definitely better than 3.
>>
Am I playing this game wrong? I'm level 5 and they want me to clear out some factory, but the dudes in there murder me. I can't do it stealthy because they all alert each other and I can't out fight them because they just chuck grenades from different levels.
>>
Has anyone completed the quest where you find out who raided a caravan in Covenant? without hacking the advanced terminal or picking the expert lock? How? There doesn't seem to be a safe key or password.
>>
The world building in fallout 4 is actually great. The main wasteland feels like a world piecing itself back together, while the glowing sea in the south is more like a swath of land that is been ravaged by radiation for hundreds of years, barely clinging to its earthlike features. Downtown is more like a cramped warzone where around every corner is another SoB waiting to kill you.

In 3, its was a big, greyscale shithole.

In NV, it was a medium sized, long stretch of brownscale shithole.

Im exited for fallout 4's DLC.
>>
>>316547937
Too bad the story is shit.
>>
>>316548486
Most interesting bethesda story since Morrowind desu.
The institute is intriguing as fuck.
>>
>>316547098
No problem anon.
I guess it's a locked area only for the Minutemen, I haven't tried to send anyone there
>>
Come on OP you're not even fucking trying to make a plausible bait.
>>
>>316542598
Thank fuck. That will be a real contender for greatest RPG of all time
>>
>>316543571
Because NV is part of a larger, better thought world of established lore. The whole I-95 and surrounding area feel like exactly what they are: a big chunk of desert territory, a stretch of road with a valuable asset that's being fought over. The map is a part of the setting that the plot is taking place in, it isn't a theme park that a story was slapped onto.

The dialog is a lot better for similar reasons. Bethesda tries to put a bunch of shit in a game that they think people will spend a lot of time playing without putting much thought into. Obsidian made an RPG. They designed what the game was going to be about, what the PC's role was going to be in it, and everything fell in line as part of that. They put the horse before the cart. Bethesda builds a big shitty McMansion and tried to get a malnourished horse to pull it.
>>
I'm having fun with the game but I also wholeheartedly feel that it is Bethesda's worst game to date, even Skyrim was a better RPG
>>
>>316541773
Stop being a hipster.
>>
>>316538635
Playing games for graphics and animations. COD fan detected.
>>
File: 1443053806914.jpg (322 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1443053806914.jpg
322 KB, 531x471
>>316538545
So far, yeah. I know a lot of people are posting wacky webms but I haven't seen much of that, and the fact that the gameplay is actually doable outside of VATS now is pretty sweet. Game looks and runs gorgeous for me, and the weapon/armor modding and base building is better than I thought.
>>
>>316539810
What >>316540510 said. This faggot,>>316539504, ran through the story.
>>
File: fun v.png (273 KB, 330x630) Image search: [Google]
fun v.png
273 KB, 330x630
Yeah, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. they've crammed so much shit into this game it's unreal. I'm 20 hours in, know most of the games mechanics now, and I still feel overwhelmed by the scope. It's fucking MASSIVE.

1 and 2 are total crap. The combat mechanics are fucking horrible in New Vegas. That alone makes both games mind numbingly shit compared to 4.

Both Fallout 1 and 2 are garbage games. Like, totally legit shit games. I can't get over the fact the combat is so tedious. I can't. It really brings them down in terms of overall enjoyment. And I mean plummeting down, like falling off a fucking mountain. It's so, so bad.

People always talk about how much better NV was. Stop being a hipster. "i don't like this game muh shit story muh dialogue wheel muh graphics"? You sound like an insufferable faggot.

NV is shit, only /v/ thinks it's a good game or better than 3. It's essentially a big empty desert with the odd few settlements here and there. It's absolute garbage and I'm convinced /v/ only thinks it's good for meming purposes. It's fucking shit. /v/ thinks it's good because it was made by Obsidishit. NV has the most boring setting of any open world game I've played.

Fallout 4 is a really good game, glad I didnt bandwagon with /v/ against it.
>>
>>316553651
>Fallout 4 is a really good game, glad I didnt bandwagon with /v/ against it.

I never listen to /v/ when it comes to buying games. I would own a Wii U if I did.
>>
>>316541773
Well ask if you could come over and play it with them.
>>
>>316554817
I actually come to /v/ to get examples of games that I SHOULD check out.

So if /v/ is really hating on something, I know it's probably actually a great game most normal people would enjoy but because /v/ is full of neckbearded autist virgins detached from reality, naturally their tastes differ wildly from the mainstream.

/v/'s hatred of Evolve, Life Is Strange, and Gone Home encouraged me to look into these games and play them, and I'm glad I did. /v/ was shitting on Fallout 4 pretty hard prior to its release, so I looked into the game and sure enough, it looked good to me so I actually pre-ordered the thing. Once again, I'm glad I did the opposite of what /v/ was pushing because I'm having a really great time with Fallout 4 too.
>>
>>316538545
Its the most modern, sure.

Dialogue wheels are a joke.

The pacing is retarded.

And im sorry but I feel a little aggravated when the guy im killing is named "Raider Scum"

If anything the games just showing me how mediocre 3 was.
>>
i finished and now i doubt i will turn it on again
>>
I love exploring in games, but nothing blows immersion like reused assets no matter how big the world is.Eyes get tired quick seeing that same damn boulder and rotten tree copypasted thousands of times for miles.
>>
>>316555304
>I don't like the core loop of 3d fallout so it's bad.

It looks like the game just doesn't appeal to you, loot scavenging and running into cool new places to murder people is what 3d fallout is all about. /v/ is just bitter and can't enjoy games anymore.
>>
>>316555572
Youre right.

It appealed to me when it came out. Then NV came out. 3 and 4 are two sides of the same mediocre coin.
>>
>>316555572

how cool are those cool new places? Fo3's shacks and shelters and Skyrim's draugr caves didn't impress me much.
>>
>>316555870
Youll never believe how cool F4's cool places are!

There are convenient stores, and three room hospitals, and uh, a church with no roof.....

Dont worry, lots of shacks too!
>>
so i just want to take a ,oment and thank v for spoiling this game for me

i might have gone on the main quest asap but instead im focused on building settlements and acquiring the resources they require

>muh facebook game
go back to AC2 or brotherhood's shops mechanic or 3's shipping/trading. trust me, i know facebook games when i see them
no
>>
anyone been to wikked shiping? i feel like it was the devs saying
>we get it, bahstin get it out of your system
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.