[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was a remaster of TP really necessary?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: zelda tp hd.png (76 KB, 504x277) Image search: [Google]
zelda tp hd.png
76 KB, 504x277
Was a remaster of TP really necessary?
>>
>>316523242
Because money.
>>
I didn't really think so, considering you can already play a version of it on Wii U. Might pick it up if there's a Master Quest, wiimote support or significant changes like making the spinner relevant past five minutes of getting it.
>>
>any remaster
>not done by bluepoint
it's going to be trash
>>
It really wasn't

It looks like shit too
>>
>Is making an old game from old-ass hardware available for new hardware really necessary?

Yes. Stop asking this gayass question, you faggots.
>>
>>316523536
GREEZO usually does all their Zelda ports.
>>
>>316523538
Release is in april, probably not even close to finished yet.
>>
>>316523242
It's only necessary because Zelda U is taking so long. The only reason this remaster exists.
>>
>>316523662
Considering you can still play Twilight Princess on the Wii U nah not really.
>>
twilight princess is my favourite 3d zelda but the wii u is retro compatible right?
>>
Shit you can pretty much play every Zelda game in existence now on the 3DS and Wii U now huh?

Christ Nintendo you're really banking on nostalgia
>>
>>316523726

they could have released

SKYWARD SWORD: THE GOOD VERSION
>>
>>316523242
More necessary than fucking WWHD
>>
>>316523972
They will pump out Skyward Sword HD if Zelda U will get pushed back again.
I'm sure they are already working on it.
>>
>Remaster Windwaker, which didn't need one
>It ends up looking worse

>Remaster TP, which did need one because it always looked ugly
>barely change anything

Jesus Christ, Nintendo can't do anything right.
>>
They should remake SS so I don't need to do motion controls
>>
>>316523824

*tips fedora*
>>
>>316523242
Yes, now I can play it without the god awful filter and textures. Hoping for 60fps, but I'm not expecting anything more than locked 30fps.
>>
>>316523915
>banking on nostalgia
maybe, but also there are many kids who don't have old systems and would want to play the older games.
My nephew just got into Zelda and he has been buying the old games on 3DS/WiiU because he can't grasp the concept of emulation yet
>>
File: how the fuck o do you make .jpg (10 KB, 294x207) Image search: [Google]
how the fuck o do you make .jpg
10 KB, 294x207
This shit should've been on the 3DS literally no reason to pick it up on Wii U since the visuals barely look any better and you can already play the Wii version on the Wii U.
>>
>>316524310
shove your 3ds you casual shit.
>>
I played OOT3D, MM3D and WW HD, so more for me. yay!
>>
>>316524310
>since the visuals barely look any better and you can already play the Wii version on the Wii U
The new textures look great though.
>>
>>316524275
This.

It's giving newcomers an opportunity to play them without walking into FUCKING GAMESTOP or ordering off Amazon or eBay for a shitty copy of the game with stickers all over it.
>>
>>316524310
>3ds
>remastered in 240p
no thanks
>>
File: [MYSOGINY INTENSIFIES].png (182 KB, 313x413) Image search: [Google]
[MYSOGINY INTENSIFIES].png
182 KB, 313x413
>>316524908
>Mfw the Amiibo edition is going to be Gamestop exclusive.
>>
>>316525090
already bought mine from amazon
>>
Why is it called TP? Because you wipe your butt with it. :)
>>
>>316523242
Hero mode senpai
>>
>>316525438
I hope that's not all they're adding, I probably got my hopes way too high when they said it was "more than just a remaster"
>>
>>316523242
Aged like ass.

If they throw a new lighting engine on it we're sorted
>>
no remaster is ever necessary
>>
>>316525545
It'll be Hero mode, master quest, and some slight changes to sidequests.
>>
Hopefully they listen to some of the criticism of the game like they did with WW.

That fucking intro and lack of grass and interesting features in hyrule field
>>
No game is necessary

If you already had played the game just don't buy it, it's not even being developed by nintendo
>>
File: 1389678526248.jpg (33 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1389678526248.jpg
33 KB, 251x242
Maybe if they actually tried to improve the game and fix its problems instead of "lel amiibo XD"
>>
Is this to pander to kids who grew up with TP, like with OoT remake?
>>
>>316525993
3ds remakes are objectively poor. Using the censored version of OoT and cut content along with hand holding with MM.

WWHD was good. At least I liked it. There's a a lot of shitposting with that game. Always has been even with the original.
>>
Is this going to be the Wii wagglan version, or the NGC version?
>>
>>316526221
>3ds remakes are objectively poor. Using the censored version of OoT and cut content along with hand holding with MM.
This guy
>>
>>316523242
Yes because there is fuck all else coming out for Wii U and Nintendo is scrambling to keep sales going while all their own developers are tied up with the NX.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.