[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's finally settle it Which was the game of the 5th Generation:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
Let's finally settle it

Which was the game of the 5th Generation:

FF7
or
OoT
>>
Mario 64
>>
Majora's Mask

or

Conker's Bad Fur Day
>>
>>316520387
StarCraft.
>>
Either DOOM on the PS1 or DOOM 64
>>
diablo 2
>>
>>316520387

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
>>
Zelda was a bigger game to the point that SE was envious they couldn't make it.
>>
Gran Turismo
>>
>>316521097
>not Gran Turismo 2
>>
>>316520387
Majora's Mask
>>
neither, panzer dragoon saga
>>
>>316521192

I prefer quality to quantity, Gran Turismo 2 is godly though, and leagues better than any of these kiddy Zelda generic games everyone is mentioning.
>>
Both haven't held up well in the slightest so it's really hard to say. I enjoyed both and have a lot of nostalgia so they're pretty much even. VII has a lot more replay value even to this day as it's longer and there's just more to do period. I might have to say VII if I'm limited to these two choices.
>>
Banjo/MGS1/Smash 64/Klonoa
>>
>>316521339
To be honest, I didn't play GT1. I don't see how it could be better though, given its a fucking racing series. Then again, GT6 was worse compared to GT5 in terms of graphics, particularly shadows and shading.
>>
OoT is a far more impressive achievement. Nothing else allows you to explore so seamlessly such an immersive, interactive world. FFVII is, in contrast, a highly segmented game with little coherence between all of its elements, it's individual components don't add together to form a far greater whole the way OoT's do.
>>
File: 1445902664053.png (243 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445902664053.png
243 KB, 640x480
>>316521452
great taste man
>that klonoa ending
>>
>>316521558

That is exactly the problem of GT2, it has much more content, but graphics and simulation are worse, but just because GT2 is an obvious beta.
>>
OoT was a massive influence on basically every 3D game made after it. FF7 didn't influence shit but other JRPGs.
>>
How we all doing today, NintendoGAF? Happy Friday.
>>
>>316520387
OoT was a more impressive game
FF7 is the one I have more fun with
>>
OoT was influential as fuck

FF7 was funner
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.