[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS Move Nav + Windows 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: psmovenavctrlr.jpg (6 KB, 560x228) Image search: [Google]
psmovenavctrlr.jpg
6 KB, 560x228
Hello fellow /v/irgins,

I used to love playing first-person games with the mouse in one hand and one of these bad boys in the other. For me, it gave the perfect balance of precision aiming and comfy analogue movement controls, with at least as many inputs as if I were using an Xbox pad.

I was in heaven, /v/, and then Windows 10 took it all away ;_: (No other issues with Win 10)...

Anyone know of a way of getting this sucka to work again like it used to? Fallout 4 is crying out for this godly combination of inputs!
>>
Nothing uses the new version of DirectX yet.

Go back to a version of Windows that works properly.
>>
JoyToKey probably
>>
File: motioninjoy.png (87 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
motioninjoy.png
87 KB, 252x200
In Windows 7, there's a program called Motioninjoy (pic related). It's adodgy piece of Chinese shit, but it got the job done getting Dualshock controllers emulated as X360 pads.

Problem was, apart from the horrendous interface, it seemed to keep 'calling home' (to China) and running ads, or worse...
>>
File: Better-DS3-1.jpg (74 KB, 585x288) Image search: [Google]
Better-DS3-1.jpg
74 KB, 585x288
Thankfully, there was Better_DS3 (pic related), which seemed a lot safer, had a great interface, allowed you to create custom profiles for each game, etc.

Once you installed that, it just used the driver from Motioninjoy and you never needed to run that Chinky botnet again.

Better_DS3 doesn't support Win 10, however.
>>
>>316519876
Does this not just map controller buttons to keyboard inputs, though? Would defeat that point of having an analog stick at my disposal :(
>>
>>316520289
Not really, because that's still 8 directions; but it also has mouse input as an option for the analog sticks as well.
>>
>>316519582
hot damn that looks great. how much of a pain in the ass is it to get games to recognize analog + mouse input?
>>
>>316520682
Surprisingly hassle-free once I got the above driver, etc installed. Most games just accept it. It's so good for first-person shooters and the like.

Also, you can pick up the Nav controllers really cheap since PS Move bombed and no-one wants them for their consoles. And they're rechargeable and work over Bluetooth!
>>
>>316520557
8 directions =/= analog - I might as well be using the d-pad, then!

And I'm already using an actual mouse in my right hand...
>>
>>316521082
>d-pad
Except that's probably awful.
>>
>>316520159
Wait what, Better DS3 doesn't work on W10.
I was just about to upgrade...
Any alternative for normal controller use? Is Motioninjoy the only choice?
>>
>>316521253
Exactly. Even worse than WASD!

>>316521329
My worry is that Motioninjoy will still work to some extent on its own. But I'm not really happy about having that running in the background. When I install Better_DS3 is when it all goes to shit, though. I think that's the point at which Win 10 decides it knows what kind of controller it is and the analog stick stops working. Pain in the ass!
>>
>>316521693
>worse than
..Because it's an awful d-pad, not because it's like WASD.

What games require full analog?
>>
>>316521947
I wouldn't say many games REQUIRE analog movement, but it's really nice to have. If I want to walk forwards and slightly to one side and at half pace, for instance. Ya know, like analog?
>>
>>316519582
>and then Windows 10 took it all away

Windows 10 is an operating system that can't do anything unless a retard with agency installs it

Oh, what do we have here?
>>
>>316519921
SCPdriver/xinput wrapper and DS4 windows/input mapper have made this totally useless, they both work much better and don't bluescreen your computer
>>
>>316522202
You're right, fedora, I was a retard for updating to the latest version of my OS, which has been an otherwise flawless experience.
>>
>>316522461
enjoy your corporate skynet and future compatability issues

What did they improve?
>>
>>316522362
Please elaborate. Would they give me everything with regards to control level and flexibility that I'd been enjoying previously?
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (81 KB, 960x928) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
81 KB, 960x928
>>316522595
>>
>>316522602
SCPdriver emulates an xbox 360 controller perfectly

I think inputmapper does the same thing, and probably has more options, but I don't know if it works with the move
>>
>>316522973
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

https://www.inputmapper.com/
>>
>>316522973
>>316523083
Thanks. Will look into it. Has this been around for a while? If so, wonder how I never heard of it, just Motioninjoy/Better_DS3...

Even if it doesn't expressly support the Nav controller, hopefully it'll just think it's a DS3 with half missing and I can map X, O, L1/2/3, etc to what I want them to equate to on X360.
>>
>>316523394
They are both pretty old, people just suggest motioninjoy because it used to be the only way to do it and it's all they know

The move controller is half a DS3 controller, so if inputmapper works with DS3 it should work with the move
>>
>>316523623
Thanks, Anon.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.