[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Purchases you regret
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: shit.jpg (48 KB, 325x402) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
48 KB, 325x402
Got this crap here 6 years ago. Never beat it, because it was a piece of shit boring game with god awful dubs.
>>
File: shitaswell.jpg (131 KB, 512x726) Image search: [Google]
shitaswell.jpg
131 KB, 512x726
>>316511685
Got pic related at the same time too. Never got past first hour. For some reason boring as fuck as well.
>>
File: Resonance-of-Fate_PS3_FOB_ESRB.jpg (770 KB, 1000x1151) Image search: [Google]
Resonance-of-Fate_PS3_FOB_ESRB.jpg
770 KB, 1000x1151
>>
>>316511685
>>316512048
>>316512771

It's funny that up until I was 20/21 I thought these all seemed cool. From 21 to 25 (now) I started thinking of these all as weeb shit.

Huh.
>>
>>316511685
You did good OP
all this game had going for it was some good music and telling a bit of who Chopin was IRL for the culturally illiterate baka gaijin
battle system and field exploration was just a poor man's Tales. story was pointless since it was all a dream
>>
>>316511685
I enjoyed Eternal Sonata. I don't exactly regret the purchases since they were cheap but I couldn't get into Nier and Valkyria Chronicles.
>>
>>316512972
Perhaps because you're not 20 yet
>>
File: Es-falsetto2.jpg (68 KB, 500x950) Image search: [Google]
Es-falsetto2.jpg
68 KB, 500x950
I recently powered through eternal sonata

boss battles were fun
regular combat got boring real quick
story, voice acting, and characters were cheesy
beat's a faggot
I want to fuck falsetto
>>
>>316511685
I was so hyped for this game too. It was infuriating how every time you kill a boss the group acts like nothing happened and doesn't even mention it, including when you kill the main fucking villain of the game. The fucker just dissapears never to be mentioned again. I think there are only two instances of the game ever showing a boss after a fight. One being that fat fuck who falls off a bridge (Tuba or Trombone?). I heard they added cutscenes for the PS3 version to fix it but there was plenty of other shit that was wrong with the game like that 2deep4u ending and that retarded romance plot that comes out of fucking no where between Viola and Jazz who never fucking had so much as a single conversation before she starts whining about how she'll never get his affection.
>>
>>316514143
that little faggot king is all buiilt up along the story to be the evil mastermind of all this shit and he is just handwaved and forgotten at the end
the butler dude becomes a huge demon out of nowhere and you don't even fight him
recurring midboss edgemaster Fugue disappears for no reason and never tries to stop you again
everything was a byproduct of Chopin's fever nightmares and he dies anyway
sand thingy that was mixed in the water and gave people cancer ended up being just a retarded WINNERS DONT USE DRUGS KAY? message about people finding easy ways to deal with life's problems
>>
>>316511685

I want you yo go die in a fire. Eternal Sonata might be the best RPG of all time.
>>
>>316515404
except for the retarded difficulty curve that forced grinding while severely limiting your options for party members and battle mechanics
everybody shits on FFXIII for streamlining the game until you hit the 20 hour mark, while this game forces you to keep dragging on until you're almost at the end in order to fully utilize the fucking Harmony Chains and finally have some fun in combat, instead of grinding for level and gear checks at every fucking corner
>>
>>316511685
I liked it but I think I stopped halfway because of a boss battle I didn't feel like grinding to beat.
>>
>>316516179

I don't recall grinding even once. The combat is advanced enough that a skillful player can get by without. I'm sorry if it was too hard for you.
>>
>>316511685
Love this game. Played it twice, own the 360 and PS3 copies.

But I mean I don't give a fuck about Fallout so not every game is gonna appeal to everyone.
>>
>>316516416
of course the combat is advanced
but only when these options get unlocked, which are tied to the story's progress
so yeah, your "git gud" argument is just as good as "it gets fun after 20 hours" for FFXIII
>>
>>316516179
I never had to grind in this game
>>
>>316516647

It's still fun early, just not challenging. It gets tougher as they give you more options. It sounds to me like you simply couldn't adapt to the more advanced combat mechanics and thus had to grind to get through. So yes, you do need to git gud.
>>
>>316516814
I can't adapt to something that's not available yet.
Try at least watching the game on youtube before shitposting about it on /v/ next time.
>>
>>316511685
Game isn't stellar but still good.
Cutscenes are all kinds of silly though, and that death cutscene is hilariously long
>>
>>316511685

What's it like to let a dub effect your enjoyment of a game?

This isn't a poke at you or dubfags or an attempt to say dubs don't matter.

I just personally have never been one to care about VA/dubs in a game. I just play/will play in my native language

What exactly does a specific language do for you in your experience of a game?
>>
>>316511685

The dub wasn't the problem, the story was mind numbingly awful and just kept getting worse and more nonsensical as the game progressed.
>>
>>316516972

So you had to grind even at the beginning of the game? How fucking bad are you? Have you played a game before?
>>
>>316516972
>>316516647
>>316516179

What is your gripe, exactly? The game isn't difficult. Ever. You shouldn't need to grind ever. I've played it multiple times, never once did I need to grind.

You suck at it. Just get over it. I suck at Counter Strike, don't see me getting all BTFO about it.

Yes, you unlock more advanced tactics later but the game's just as easy before that as it is after that.
>>
>>316515404
>what is a good rpg
>what is a good story
>what is good graphics
>what is good dialog

>>316517076
not the language, just the terrible dub. you can't take a story seriously when all characters sound like they have down syndrome.

https://youtu.be/WkpFNLyRzKo?t=134
>>
>>316517328

Then play with Jap voices.
>>
>>316517109
>>316517076
I'd be shocked that anyone didn't like the dub if I hadn't met hundreds of weebs that will complain about any dub regardless of validity.

I met Patrick Seitz (Chopin) and had him sign my copies of the game. Super nice guy. Cool to hear him talk about practicing all of the french lines. I couldn't imagine hearing some japanese dude trying to speak french.
>>
>>316517232
There is one time you may need to grind and it's Dolce first fight.
Everything is cakewalk up to that boss and after that boss
>>
>>316517161
>How fucking bad are you?
SO bad
>>
>>316517328
Shut up you fucking weeb. The voices are fine. You're just an idiot.
>>
>>316517232
>OH NOES PEOPLE ARE SHITTING ON MY WAIFU GAME
sounds to me like you're defensive as fuck
>>
>>316517417
Alright yeah, I think I got killed by her. Pirate chick? Yeah. Big whoop.

Not like Final Fantasy 4 or anything where you gotta grind every area.

Shit Pokemon's way more grindy and little kids play that without difficulty.
>>
>>316516578
I only played the PS3 version what was the difference?
>>
>>316517562

He's not the one complaining about a simple easy RPG being too hard.
>>
>>316517562
No it's just boggling to me that anyone could find this game challenging. I did a play through with a couple of chicks and they picked up the combat fairly quickly.

The game has it flaws but being grindy or challenging aren't among them.
>>
>>316517645
Yea, I wasn't saying that to say the game had grinding, it's really just that one time and it's only for about 30 minutes.
Salsa is just too broken.
>>
>>316517698
You get more cutscenes, playable characters, and story in the PS3 version.

I actually only just picked up the PS3 version recently. Have yet to play it. I just know you get more shit with the PS3 version.
>>
>>316517801
>I did a play through with a couple of chicks and they picked up the combat fairly quickly.
I played with your mom last night and she found it pretty hard.
>>
>>316517908
I know it's hard to hear this on /v/ but yes, I played a game alongside a couple of girls, and I slept with both of them (in the sexual way). ((not simultaneously))
>>
>>316518059
>Sleeping with girls
Gay as fuck
>>
>>316517908

Not every mom can be as easy as yours.
>>
>>316517328
>you can't take a story seriously when all characters sound like they have down syndrome
Doesn't bother me. I wouldn't be able to play anything with Japanese audio if that was the case.
>>
>>316512048
That game is a good game. I loved it 100%d it even. Shame you didnt.
>>
>>316513117
Man, I have the same problem. Recently tried to play NieR, but the first boss(es) is a long ass fight, maybe if I play it on easy... Valkyria seems just boring as hell, but I'm only in, third mission or something.
>>
>>316519106
holy fuck that boss battle music though kill me now
>>
File: 1333433782710.jpg (589 KB, 1240x1350) Image search: [Google]
1333433782710.jpg
589 KB, 1240x1350
I hope you didn't play it on 360.

Get the far superior PS3 version for Japanese voices and non-babby difficulty.
>>
>>316517534
>likes retarded dub of anime characters in a shitty anime game
>calls me weeb

no self-awarenesss...

>>316519106
is it really that good? i can give it another try
>>
i'm at the last boss and he keeps kicking my ass with his bullshit moving-behind-me-so-i-can't-block tactic that I always use on bosses
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.