[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turns out that the less you expect from a game the more fun you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: Dying-Light.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dying-Light.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
Turns out that the less you expect from a game the more fun you have with it
>>
>>316510737
This game is super comfy, and the second level in the city is gorgeous, even on console.
>>
>>316510737

Best interactive open world game I've played. Wish there were more missions and better online gameplay.
>>
I downloaded this months ago during a PSN sale and completely forgot I have it.

Guess I'll try it out tomorrow
>>
Looking forward to the expansion for it desu
>>
>>316510737
Dying Light was a good game desu baka bruh senpai.
>>
Made me interested in their other fantasy set game that theyve put on hold, which I cant remember the name off. The combat wasnt terrible like most first person melee games.

Also in regards to the thread, Dragons Dogma. Expected nothing and bought it on account of the demo and it ended up being a favourite game.
>>
How does the multiplayer work in this, do you just jump into a friend's world?
>>
>>316514651
Yes, there's also a pvp mode where you play as one of the faster zombies.
>>
>>316514775
And it's really good too except there's lots of hackers on PC who give themselves infinite UV and insta kill attacks, thankfully you get an ability that disables their UV for a while allowing for a pounce. You also get to summon suicidal exploding zombies that cripple the shit out of any player that isn't hacking their HP.
>>
>>316514956
Sucks that the humans can always see the zombie player coming though, feels cheap that you can't play it stealth.
>>
>>316510737
Many laughs were had dicking around with a few friends on it. Basically mugging zombies by kicking them around on the floor.
>>
I feel like this game needed just a little bit more parkour mechanics like wall running or something.
>>
>>316510737
Goddamn I love this game. The grappling hook was dope once you get the mechanics down, and the Mario mini game where you get the glide ability was fun, although the ability always results in suicide
>>
>>316515839
I agree, but this game hid parkkour+guns+melee the best so far. Showed Brink how it's done
>>
>>316516424
>using the grappling hook if you didn't have to
I bet you played on easy too
>>
>>316510737

horrible optimization and gameplay, the only fun I squeezed out of it was playing spooky night missions with a bro... reminded me of CS zombie escape maps
>>
>>316516461
Yeah definitely I did not expect the game to feel so tight mechanically it just needed a little more to be GOTYAY, shame for the final boss though.

Did it at least sell well? Hopefully a sequel will bring better bosses, more parkour mechanics.
>>
File: mgs5 in a nutshell.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mgs5 in a nutshell.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>316510737

100% correct OP

I refused to buy mgs5 because it looked stupid as shit and made by japs, friend gifted it to me, holy shit 500 hours later I'm still having a blast with it
>>
>>316516581
>Horrible optimization
I see you played the game when it originally released, it had performance issues on pretty much every rig and it was fixed several patches in. I suggest you try playing the game again with all these patches installed, it really makes a big difference when the game is running smoothly.
>>
>>316516581
>Zombie escape
The one where one guy would be zombie and if you knifed someone they turned into a zombie with this eerie sound, and people would block themselves in with shit like furniture so that the zombie players couldn't get in?
>>
>>316516569
>if you didn't have to

where do you even get this from?

>I'll bet you used the police rifle
>>
Dying Light is basically what Fallout 4 should've been.
>>
>>316510737
I expected nothing from fallout and yet i was still disappointed.
>>
>>316510737

Had a lot of fun co-oping this game, I feel like it could have maybe been a bit longer, but it was fun nonetheless.
>>
>>316518062
I think it would have been better if there were no challenges, flags or statues. They add unnecessary, boring filler to 100%ing the game and because hey took up so much time I had all my shit maxed out before I even hit the second half of the game
>>
>>316511113
i just got to there, am I halfway done with the game?

if so, damn that took me a long ass time
>>
weapon degradation is still annoying and pointless, and the grapple eliminates the need for parkour at all, but the game is pretty pimp otherwise.
>>
>>316519563

Weapon degradation is almost always a non issue. At the very beginning if a weapon breaks you can pick up anything else for the same result because everything is equally shit. At the end of the game it's a non-issue because you'll have a bunker full of crazy tier weapons.

Never once have I been in a situation where I ran out of weapons.
>>
>>316517829
how so? in quests? parkour? exploration?
>>
File: crippled-3705_0.jpg (20 KB, 370x265) Image search: [Google]
crippled-3705_0.jpg
20 KB, 370x265
The problem of Dying Light is that we're crippled until we reach level 24.
>>
>>316520663

If you can vault over zombies (a very early skill) you can do just about anything early on.

The second you get the grappling hook you turn into fucking spiderman.
>>
>>316520893
Yes but it's just annoying to be slow to do everything. And the tic-tac is not an early trick.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 480x800
>>316510737
So how different is this game compared to their dead island games? I can't seem to find comparisons about it. I am sick to death of the style of dead island since I have played the shit out of it. I can't justify paying 30$ for dying light if it's just gonna be dead island with a shiny coat of paint and a few new mechanics.
>>
>>316519925
right, it's not an issue with making things harder, it's just... annoying. I have to take a break from whacking zombies to scavenge up another pipe or whatever.
>>
File: 128-2-1434249891.jpg (672 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
128-2-1434249891.jpg
672 KB, 1920x1080
>>316520969
some parts feel like dead island, but its improved a lot, the parkour, the combat, the way zombies act, day and night cycle, devs making it easier to mod, ...
>>
Honestly, Dying Light was pretty legit.

Like, I went in expecting nothing, and got a game that actually makes free-running feel decent, and a city that actually was kind of open and interesting, with some legitimately tense moments.

>>316520969
It's not Dead Island, it's significantly better.

The combat is probably the weakest aspect, but the weapons are kinda fun.

Honestly, I had more fun doing side-missions than I did doing the plot, but still it was worth sinking the time into.
>>
>>316521408
the side mission with the crazy army dude on the microphone was GOAT
>>
>>316512273
Also more variety in crafting materials.
>>
File: 1446887681197.gif (844 KB, 800x786) Image search: [Google]
1446887681197.gif
844 KB, 800x786
>that side quest in the second map where the guy thinks zombies are aliens
>>
File: Cry.png (49 KB, 356x367) Image search: [Google]
Cry.png
49 KB, 356x367
>>316521707
the quest where you become the knight slaying the troll
>>
File: dl.png (2 MB, 986x1378) Image search: [Google]
dl.png
2 MB, 986x1378
>>
>>316521505
>Dude tells you to turn on some gas
>Because he has a fucking fire-shooting fence around his house

Yeah that was a good one.
>>
>>316521912
wrong one man
I meant the soldier guy in the second map
>>
>>316521842

>grappling hook
>>
>>316510737
i expected a generic zombie game with guns, basically cod with zombies. enjoyed the shit out of it, mfw it runs like shit with my pc and it doesnt help that i pirated it.
>>
Is the season pass worth it? Thinking about getting the game.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.