[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 10 Open Worlds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: fallout-4-open-world.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-open-world.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KYjq3xbNBY

10. Deus Ex
9. Lego Marvel Super Heroes
8. Fallout New Vegas
7. Assassins Creed II
6. Red Dead Redemption
5. Batman Arkham City
4. Skyrim
3. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt/spoiler]
2. GTA V
1. World of Warcraft

well /v/? Are they right?
>>
>>316510440

Deus Ex wasn't open world like the others, it had hubs.
>>
It depends on what you're looking for in a game. "Open World" is too broad a genre for any meaningful discussion. Fallout New Vegas, Metal Gear Solid V, and Assassin's Creed 2 are not trying to do the same things.

Hell, Fallout NV and Fallout 4 aren't even trying to do the same things.
>>
>>316510440
>Are they right?
no
>>
>>316510440
If were including hubs get Bloodlines in the number 1 spot
>>
>no xenoblade
>>
>>316510440
>New Vegas
>over 3
NV's "open world" is absolute shit, it's a bunch invisible walls and a glorified U shaped path.
Maybe 3's world was a theme park, but it was fun to explore, to know that you can go in any direction and wind up finding something cool.
>>
>no sotc
>no jc2
>no rf:g

yeah they don't know shit
>>
>>316512946
>>no jc2

just cause 2 was barren as fuck. so was guerilla in fact. they were only fun because of what you could do in them, they weren't interesting in their own right
>>
>>316512946
>sotc
It was ok
>>
>>316512778
Ayy lmao
>implying 3 had this same problem but was worse the NV
I swear I wish Fallout stayed a isometric RPG Strategy game 3 really turned everyone into a fucking autist sperg.
>>
File: and dexter said.png (189 KB, 448x335) Image search: [Google]
and dexter said.png
189 KB, 448x335
>Deus Ex
>Open World

Deus Ex knew better than to fall for the Open World meme. It had big maps, but you had linear progression between them and they weren't big enough to become boring and mostly empty.
>>
>>316512778
Sure if your definition of "something cool" is a group of nameless super mutants/raiders.
>>
morrowind?
>>
>>316513087
RF:G was barren because it was supposed to be, and JC2 is far from from that. The world has real character, moreso than any Farcry game. dem mountains nigga, dem snow towns, dem airports, dem tropical paradisio towns, dem towns with xbox hueg skyscrapers, dem bridges etc

sure the npcs weren't necessarily interactive but they still did their own shit, made you feel like you were actually having an impact when you started flipping their cars or whatever
>>
>>316510440
No.Faggot
>>
>No Dark Souls
The first time going through that was fucking great.

>No Soul Reaver
Fuck this list
>>
>>316510440
Goddamn I hate "top list of my opinion" bullshit, it's the kind of shit you see on magazine covers aimed at women and girls.
>>
Bosman > Huber
>>
File: sanAndreasHuge.jpg (310 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
sanAndreasHuge.jpg
310 KB, 1280x1024
>not pic related
>>
>>316510440
Witcher 3 has the best one hands down

>>316513737
>Dark Souls
>open world
m8
>>
>>316514097
nostalgia glasses
>>
File: Gothic 2 NotR.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gothic 2 NotR.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>>316510440
>1. Not pic related
Pleb taste detected
>>
>>316510440
Fuck that shit my list coming through
10.Burnout Paradise
9.GTA Vice city
8.Smuggler run
7.Midnight club 3
6.Legend of zelda wind waker
5.Xenoblade
4.Final Fantasy 6
3.GTA San andreas
2.Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
1.Final Fantasy 12
>>
File: vanguard-1.jpg (62 KB, 530x356) Image search: [Google]
vanguard-1.jpg
62 KB, 530x356
Vanguard had the best MMO world
>>
>>316514253
How is it not open world?
>>
>>316514253
>>Dark Souls
>>open world

dark souls is entirely open world tho
>>
i don't know how to say this without sounding like a good goy shill so i'll just run with it: there's something extremely comfy and nice about the open world of Witcher 3, you see the trees rocking in the wind as it whistles past you, the sound of life all around, every town and settlement feels vibrant and alive, you can come upon packs of deer running through the forest, or even being chased by wolves, when it rains your hair, face and clothes become wet and change appearance, is has beautiful sunsets and sunrises etc.

anyone who has a good gaming PC and enjoys RPG's owes it to themselves to try it out, it's not a perfect game, no game is, but it's one of very few games where you can feel how much love and passion the devs have put into it, into every little detail
>>
This reminds me, why the fuck does Demon's Souls' case claim it has an open world? I take it whoever wrote that had never played the game.
>>
>Skyrim
>not Morrowind

shit list
>>
>>316514717
>>316514743
maybe you're going to say it's an RPG too when in fact it's an action game
>>
>>316514253
Most of it was. They could have easily just chopped up every area but having the areas connected in one map was the best part of the game. Maybe the Anor Londo split was necessary due to limitations but within there had several connected areas. There were the two main areas and a few small isolated places like the starting area and painting world.
>>
>NV

Really? Fucking morons. Even most people that loved NV admit that its map wasn't its strong suit.
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 004.png (4 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 004.png
4 MB, 2048x1152
>>316514997

Yeah fuck Skyrim's world
>>
>>316514859
underrated post
>>
>>316510440
>no Just Cause 2
fucking shit list desu senpai baka
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.