[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking instakill shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 58-Persona3-37-145.jpg (38 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
58-Persona3-37-145.jpg
38 KB, 640x448
Fucking hell, I love persona games but it's so bullshit how sometimes random monsters just instakill you with hama or mudo. And even if you have homunculi, you can still get unlucky and just have a random monster kill your guy. It'd be cool if you could still keep going since the rest of your party is alive and just revive your main guy but nope.
>>
>>316504830
>He doesn't have items specifically to prevent being insta-killed
Git gud anon-kun
>>
>>316505245

>And even if you have homunculi, you can still get unlucky and just have a random monster kill your guy.
>>
It's because if you die then the apocalypse occurs because you have something sealed in you.
P4 has no excuse
>>
>>316504830
They should've made it so hama/mudo has a 50/50 chance to inflict knockdown/dizzy and instakill so players wouldn't find it useless to use when it wouldn't insta-kill and that your characters have a reduced bullshit chance of getting killed right off the bat.
>>
>>316504830
It's one of the few flaws of P3's combat system.
>>
>>316505692

But don't your party members just get knocked out when they "die". Couldn't that happen with the protagonist too?
>>
In p4g, the game World boss casted instadeath every round for 3 rounds till MC was deas
>>
>>316504830
I appreciated that you could tough it out sometimes in SMT IV if the player character got punked. Sure, you were down a guy, but sometimes, you could finish it.

There are several times so far that I've beaten a boss like a rented mule because while they got my main character, one or more of my demons was immune to most or all of their attacks and slowly beat them to death.
>>
>>316504830
It's annoying the first time through yeah

I used guides before I entered a new dungeon or floor to see how many assholes used those spells

I also never bothered to play on Hard because it raises the odds of those hitting to 70% or someshit
>>
>>316505386
>What are accessories
Wow it's like you want to die
>>
File: darksona 4 sunny edition.png (350 KB, 600x424) Image search: [Google]
darksona 4 sunny edition.png
350 KB, 600x424
>>316504830
I wish I had more time to screw around in tartarus but I'm trying to perfect all my relationships on the first playthrough. This means haveing a very specific demon fusing schedule to unlock tarot events... fuck, using a guide is ruining my will to play P3, and there aren't even spoilers
>>
>>316505386
Homonculi ALWAYS protect you, dumbass, it's your fault if you run out
Besides, there's millions of ways to stop it, magic mirrors, skills, innate resistances, accesories
Literally get gud
>>
>>316510295
Maxing all S.Links is never fun and the reward isn't worth it, just give up
>>
>>316510295
You're supposed to just do the S.Links you like, don't max everything on your first playthrough, that's what NG+ is for
>>
>>316504830
I like it. Or at least I like it on SMT, but I've heard P5 is a nice return to form so it's probably fine. It was especially fun in Strange Journey, that shit was fucking hard as nails I love it.
>>
>>316510295
>>316511471
>>316511594
I suck at this game's social side, I've only maxed Kenji, The little girl at the shrine and almost maxed Chihiro's social link. Everyone else I've found are currently lower than 5.
I've also apparently got 4 special shadows left to kill, I'm only around lvl 30, my teammates are useless, none of my traits (Like my Charm) are higher then 3 and I can't beat this stupid "Fanatic Tower" Boss on floor 85.
Am I doing bad /v/? Please no spoilers.
>>
File: 36.jpg (96 KB, 254x343) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
96 KB, 254x343
>>316512941
You have plenty of time, dude, you're progressing normally
Have you talked to the old monk at the club? He gives some very good personas
Just learn to use tactics and to fuse properly, don't feel pressured to max all the S.Links, just focus on the ones you like.
You still have more than half the game, no need to rush stuff
Here's a tip, whenever you're sick/tired go to the nurse and drink the medicine he gives you, it boosts your courage
P3 is fun, you just need to enjoy the ride and take it easy
>>
>>316512941
Another tip, at the mall there's an arcade, use it and it will boost the magic/strength/agillity of whatever persona you have equipped
Fuse whatever personas you don't want or have no use for into weapons, they can give some very good boosts or you can sell the weapon
>>
>>316513402
It's a surprisingly chill game, excluding Hama skills and the occasional annoying enemy group. I just never know what to do when I have a bunch of free days, so it feels like I'm not being productive.
Also I didn't even know there was anything in the nightclub.
>>316513734
Is there a website or pastebin with useful technical tips like these? I just assumed the arcade raised one of your traits like Karaoke and avoided it.
>>
>>316504830

I played all the way up to like lvl 35 before experiencing this bullshit. Unfortunately for me it came after a long hard grind up through multiple floors where I leveled a few times and even got some awesome rare chest drops. Suddenly enemy strikes first and instant mc death....

Now I am fucking paranoid as fuck and I return to the stairs to save after like every two floors.

I just beat the dual special shadow boss that included teh wheel of fortune dog. Fun game thus far.
>>
>>316514203
You don't need a guide, just explore and experience stuff yourself, you have plenty of free time.
The arcade can give different stats depending on the day
Haunted house: gives courage
Mole whackers: raises persona agillity
Punching bag: raises persona strength
Fortune teller: raises magic

Really, look around the place, try new stuff, things are much more fun that way, all your stuff carries to NG+ like stats and personas, you don't need to rush
>>
>>316515010
I wasn't asking for a guide, just a list of a few more features that are easy to miss and maybe better explanations for what things actually do. Actually I guess I could just goto to /vg/ for that, assuming they haven't devolved into (or not evolved past) only posting waifus.
>>
File: basedyuka.png (394 KB, 220x441) Image search: [Google]
basedyuka.png
394 KB, 220x441
>>316515724

A persona thread not becoming about waifus is impossible. Here let me help your along.
>>
File: 29.jpg (37 KB, 865x353) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
37 KB, 865x353
>>316515724
Well, here's a list of things you need to know
Use the arcade on your free nights
Sell all the shit you don't need
Fuse personas you don't need into qeapons at the antique store at the mall, you can also trade gems for stuff like homonculus or SP items
Save often
Learn what each tactic does and make a team to cover the spots you can't cover
ALWAYS scan enemies, even bosses, you can't see their strenghts and weaknesses, but the friendly AI can.
Do as many of Liz's requests as you can, the rewards are well worth it
One of the must do S.Links is emperor, Odin has a special skill that can carry you through the game, the guy you need to talk to is the one in the student council
That's about it, you'll learn more stuff by playing
Good luck, anon
>>
>>316515945
>>316516815
Thanks for the help Fuuka Poster and everyone else too, I've gotta go though.
Also before I leave.
Yuka is a very good waifu, but Chihiro is better.
>>
File: 1378078917974.gif (498 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
1378078917974.gif
498 KB, 262x200
>>316516815
>ALWAYS scan enemies, even bosses, you can't see their strenghts and weaknesses, but the friendly AI can.
> you can't see their strenghts and weaknesses, but the friendly AI can.
>but the friendly AI can.
I've beat the game multiple times but I've never knew this.
>>
>>316517173
Chihiro is a very good choice
Have fun
>>
>>316515724
Only use Junpei, Yukari and Mitsuru/Akihiko, don't bother with the rest.
>>
>>316518983
>No Aigis
Disregard this idiot
>>
>>316518983
Well, while I'm still here putting on shoes. Please elaborate without spoilers why I should only use them.

I am actually gone after this post, but I'll check the thread later.
>>
>>316518983
>not having Aigis for Buffs
>>
>>316519427
Elements.
Just equip them with things that negate/dodge/reduce their weakness.
>>
>>316519831
A team should be picked around your playstyle, Aigis and Aki are very good because buffs/debuffs, Yukari has heals but she's easily replaceable, Ken and Koro would be better if their phys damage wasn't so low and their weakness wasn't insta kills
Junpei pulls his weight well and gets better as time goes on
>>
>>316520252
And Mitsuru has the most magic damage behind the MC, but is limited to ice magic
>>
>>316520392
And even at their strongest, all the other characters can only do, at most, half as much damage as MC can.

>Mitsuru uses Mind Charge and Bufudyne
>Does like 300 damage
>MC uses Mind Charge and Niflheim
>700 damage

Once MC reaches around level 50, a lot of the other characters become pretty pointless. Why use Ken when you can use Samsara? Why use Koro when you have Die For Me!? What's the point of Junpei when literally every mook encounter ends on the first turn? It's not like bosses have any weaknesses you can abuse.
>>
>>316520709
>Why use Ken when you can use Samsara?
Heals? An extra buff? Recarm/samarecarm?

>koro
Extra masukukaja, fire magic?

>Junpei
The guy saved my ass a lot thanks to his crits and Re Patra
Really, it all depends on your playstyle.
>>
>>316520985
My playstyle is to have Akihiko debuff every turn, Aigis buff every turn, and one more to heal whenever necessary while MC spams Mind Charge and Ragnarok/Megidolaon.
>>
>>316522601
That playstyle only works when you're around level 60
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.