[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2015 : Year Of Jewish Hand-Rubbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: mfw.png (4 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
4 KB, 750x400
>all the gender stuff and shit
>everyone should have a right to talk even people with no such brains
>everyone getting red pilled about something but doing nothing about it desu

With a cherry-top reminder of an 8-bit being considered as GOTY.
>>
>>316502193
>With a cherry-top reminder of an 8-bit being considered as GOTY.
That's mostly because everything else was shit though.
>>
>>316502193

It's easy for an "8-bit" game to be considered GOTY when every other AAA dev shat the bed or silently stopped supporting their consoles.

Say what you will about undertale but at least it wasn't trying to satisfy a checklist of arbitrary critierias for the express purpose of appealing to a wider audience, and didn't charge shitty DLC/microtransactions to boot.
>>
>last few years have been just as terrible as 2015
>yet this time people circlejerk a single indie game as savior
Something's up.
>>
>>316502783
i like undertale, tho.
>>
File: 1395711703924.jpg (19 KB, 159x153) Image search: [Google]
1395711703924.jpg
19 KB, 159x153
>>316502193
Undertale is 16-bit.

I can't take your shitposting seriously if you can't even get your bits right.
>>
>>316503513
now thats a smart lil fag here.
character is 8bit
low-detailed surroundings are 8bit (waterfall etc)
>mfw
>>
>>316503623
The player sprite has 6 colors, 5 if you don't count transparency. 8-bit games also can't handle sprite rotation or multiple layered backgrounds (NES did a good job faking it though).

It's just simplistic 16-bit sprites, like half of Earthbounds artwork.
>>
>>316503353
It's pretty story heavy, but catching the feeling of adventure.
Kind of.
There is a lot to explore with it's somewhat unique approuch to the games universe.

It's having some major flaws though, which is why most people don't want to see this become GOAT.
One being that it's really easy, even if you go for the """"hardest"""" route and the game is really short with really simple puzzles. It seems to run mostly on humor and not gameplay, which is what most people seek in a vidya gaem.

Some nice tracks though.
>>
>>316503889
desu pretty fuckin dank ost
>>
>>316502193
Undertale is only GOTY through process of elimination. It wasn't great but it was still better than all the AAA trash that's come out this year.
>>
>>316502193
Compared to what came out this year, I would not be surprised if it was nominated GOTY.

TW3 is a better game overall in my opinion, but Undertale comes second close. Forget about MGSV, it's a fucking disappointment.
>>
Monster hunter 4 ultimate was leagues better than anything else released this year.
>>
>>316504539
>Forget about MGSV, it's a fucking disappointment.
b-b-b-but muh gameplay
>>
File: mfw.jpg (51 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
51 KB, 907x718
>>316504547

>in case you haven't played any other games then yes.

not implying undertale was the best
>>
>>316504182
So video games are so shit, we had to pick the least shit one to be GOTY?
>>
>>316504838
Now you're getting it.
I actually really liked this year in gaming
>>
>>316505002
how to spot a casual gamer xD
>>
>>316502435
>implying that choosing the lesser shit of the shittiest was a nice choice in the industry
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.