[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Linux games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I need to know where to get Linux games torrents from

Why are Linux game torrents rare as fuck?

It's not fair. Winfags get to pirate literally everything and Shitnux gets nothing.

Do any torrent sites have Linux games sections?
>>
>>316501159
TBP is about as good as it gets, I'm afraid.
>>
>>316501159
Linux users tend to buy games, its a small platform with a close knit community between the developers and the users, many of whom are developers themselves.
>>
>>316501409
There is fuck all on TPB m8

>>316501819
I guess that's true, but then how are people supposed to get interested in Linux in the first place if they can't get free games (not including emulation)?
>>
>>316501961
The OS itself and much of the software for it including many games are legitimately free.

Its true you won't find the latest piece of AAA shit from EA on Linux for free, but there's a lot of things you can do with Linux for $0 without running the risk of years in prison and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.
>>
>>316501961
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open-source_video_games

There's also a good number of games for Linux in Steam that are Free to Play.
>>
>>316502562
I've been through that list bro, there's a far better one on the Arch wiki btw

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_games
>>
if you want to play games on linux just learn how to use wine
it's nothing more than that buddy
if you can't or don't want to you should consider using windows instead
>>
>>316501159
>Using Linux for games
Linux is for programming anon. Honestly I'd just get Windows.
>>
>>316504015
Gaming is a pretty big thing for me, but I actually value freedom and privacy a lot more, and also I program a lot and the Linux programming toolsets are just better

>>316504254
see what I just wrote
>>
>>316504254
The moment Windows stops being used for gaming it becomes obsolete. Shit OS.
>>
>>316504315
well a computer wiz like yourself should have no problems with wine then.
recent versions are really good and supports a lot of games without putting extra strain on your computer. it's a bit more work but i have never seen a linux torrent so i guess that's the best bet.
>>
I'm tired of 7, but I seriously thinking about just moving over to Linux and biting the bullet.
Hopefully I'm not the only one getting tired of Microsofts shit in the Desktop computing platform.

And I'm just an everyday average player of games, programming and all that shit goes completely over my head.
Convenience is king for me.
Windows just makes me uneasy lately.

Really getting tired of it trying to get me to upgrade to 10, I especially don't like the fact it saw fit to download the fucking installer for it without me even okaying it behind my back.
Just really tired of their shit.
Really more than willing to put up with a bit of a hit on performance/stability/ease of use in the gaming dept for a while just to tell Microsoft to shove it.
>>
>>316506270
>Hopefully I'm not the only one getting tired of Microsofts shit in the Desktop computing platform
M8, tonnes of people are switching, I'm from /g/ as you can probably tell, there are noobs switching over literally every few minutes. I'd recommend taking a look at the /flt/ thread in the /g/ catalog. Go with Xubuntu (a new LTS will be out in a few months so get 15.10 and upgrade when it's out), it fits most use cases pretty well.

You don't need programming knowledge (but it helps).

I'd switch just to be free of their blatant botnet fuckery, I use Windows at work and noticed they were trying to force telemetry into fucking WINDOWS 7.

The performance hit wouldn't be great, or there wouldn't be one at all, but I've heard a lot of negativity about AMD gpus. I have a Nvidia and it runs well and doesn't overheat or stupid shit like that, the proprietary driver is probably better than the Windows one.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.