[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i hate fps and i hate star wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: starwars battlefront.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
starwars battlefront.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
but this game is fun as fuck
>>
Go away.
>>
>>316498435
fucking shillpost
>>
>>316498559
>>316498571
honestly though its on ea access. you can trial the full game for 10 hours. i just got done with that and this game is important in my opinion. battles are so immersive and the maps feel so perfectly made.

gameplay feels different to a normal fps for some reason
>>
>he doesn't play in third person
>>
>fps
>>
also the maps they show in the trailer are some of the shitter map

this game is likely going to be goty
>>
>fps games are bad
Only fedora tipping pseudo intellectuals and kids think that.
>battlefront is good
Compared to every other fps on the market right now it is the worst and boring as hell. Even Black Ops 3 is better.
>>
>>316498435
>we want the "i hate fps and i hate star wars" audience
>>
I never figured out how to switch to 3rd person.
>>
>>316498931
>>316499226
>playing in third person

Cancer
>>
>>316498931
>>316499226
>playing in third person
>by choice

reddit go to bed
>>
>Dog fights
>It starts off with Tie Fighters and X-Wings just running into each other in mayhem

God I love shit like this.
Hopefully its fun
>>
>>316498816
I have never been more convinced that a post is a shill. By that virtue alone, you have only made me want it less.
>>
>>316501037
Down on the d-pad for console
>>
>>316502859
buy the game kid
>>
>pre beta
I couldn't care less about it, my brother couldn't wait to play it

>post beta
I genuinely enjoyed it and will probably pick it up eventually, brother hated it and won't get it

The power of low expectations strikes again
>>
I'd buy it but my only other friend that's getting it is buying it for ps4 for some reason. Plus Canada, so a new game costs $80.
>>
NO
>>
>>316498435
>try to appeal to /v/ by saying you normally hate the subject matter
>>316498816
>make sure to advertise ea service
>refer to the game as "important:"
>call it a special snowflake
pls shill
>>
The game is so fucking awful that if someone ever told me they worked for DICE I would literally spit in their face without hesitation. Probably give em' a good punch in the gut as well for good measure
>>
File: 1447181759561.jpg (58 KB, 241x300) Image search: [Google]
1447181759561.jpg
58 KB, 241x300
It's fun for about 30 minutes before it sets in just how dull and shallow the game really is.
>>
I enjoy it, still miss the lack of a story mode.
>tfw no more of the 501st heroics
>tfw rebel scum get objectively better starfighters
>tfw rebel scum get better customization
>tfw rebel scum are being paraded as heroes while our brave and elite troops are mocked as being bad shots
We'll see how much you're laughing with an AT-ST on your ass, rebel scum.
>>
>>316498816

I also tried the early access and I'm glad I did. The game is fine. Presentation is a 10/10 but the gameplay is seriously basic. Picking it up when it goes on sale. Not worth $60
>>
>>316498816
is the game trial free at least?
>>
>>316508435

This.
>>
>>316508979
It really is a shame about the gameplay because it does capture the star wars feeling perfectly.
>Sound design is sublime as per DICE standard
>Looks pretty much amazing
>Environments are perfect
>Lasers feel good (subjective, some people think they lack impact but I feel it works great)
>Soundtrack is great

Only bad part about the presentation is questionable voice acting for Luke and Vader.

But I think the best part about the presentation is how it feels like you're in the thick of it all the time, with lasers whizzing by and grenades going off. It's in contrast to games like Battlefield where you run around for half an hour to find maybe two guys, or call of duty where it feels a lot less like a battle and more like sets of one vs one battles, even though battlefront doesn't really promote teamwork that much it at least gives you the sense that you're part of the alliance or the empire.
>>
>>316498435
This game is getting shilled to hell and back, I almost bought it but I'm glad that I dodged this bullet.
>>
File: How about no.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
How about no.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>EA
>DICE
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.