[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has Nintendo's censoring gone too far now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: mariotennis.jpg (112 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
mariotennis.jpg
112 KB, 350x263
They're actively censoring EVERYTHING sexual related as of late. Fatal Frame, Xenoblade, Bravely Default... what's the next target on their list? Probably Fire Emblem Fates.

When will blind fanboys stop accepting this by keeping buying their shit, instead of boycotting this SJW crap?
>>
lol i don't care
>>
>>316490519
You ignorant fuck.
>>
>>316490838
Look, why don't you just join the right side of history?
>>
>>316489998
Is Peach showing her ass? :O
>>
File: 456546.jpg (27 KB, 481x309) Image search: [Google]
456546.jpg
27 KB, 481x309
Not the first time.
>>
Because in the long run I really don't give a fuck. If the gameplay is still intact and they're not literally cutting parts of the story out, it isn't that big of a deal.

I can appreciate some people will be upset over something like that and I understand their viewpoint, but I just don't feel the same way.
>>
>>316489998
Its almost like NOA is marketing to children.
>>
>>316491603
WTF is that?
>>
>>316489998

It's at the point where I think it's really fucking weird. I don't own a Nintendo console so it doesn't affect me but it's clearly a Nintendo decision at this point, not the Devs and I don't understand it.

They're doing it in games marketed toward adults so I don't know who they're protecting.
>>
File: 471895-sodom.jpg (13 KB, 250x431) Image search: [Google]
471895-sodom.jpg
13 KB, 250x431
>>316489998
Nintendo's been censoring stuff in their games since forever.

Does anyone else here remember the SNES ports of Final Fight and Street Fighter Alpha 2? One of the characters in those games was a hardcore weeb named Sodom. The SNES ports renamed him "Katana".
>>
You're a retard if you care about some video game girl not wearing skimpy enough clothing for your liking.
>>
>>316493652

You're a retard ifnyou don't see the issue with removing that option from the game for the purpose of censorship.
>>
>>316492046
Supposedly what they were going to do with the SNES port of SSF2.
>>
>>316489998
But why should I care, anon?
Most of these games I'm only playing because of the story/gameplay, why should I give a fuck because some lewd outfits aren't available or I can't make a character with cow-tits?
Once the censorship actually becomes a hindrance to the gameplay, sure, then it's a problem. But as far as the games I care about that have been censored? It's really not a problem.
>>
>>316491603
Shit, I can't believe their policies remain the same as 25 years ago
>>
>>316489998
They are kids games you sad fuck
>>
>>316493374

1) There's a difference between the censorship that happened before the ESRB was created, and after it. Comparing cases of censorship 25 years ago doesn't make sense.

2) Just because it happened before, doesn't mean it's fine retard.
>>
>>316496003
sure it doesn't affect gameplay but why is okay? i don't care about the lewd outfits or boobslider what i care about is what they will change next
>>
File: guess.png (368 KB, 496x414) Image search: [Google]
guess.png
368 KB, 496x414
Why are changes to clothing specifically unacceptable?

If they change characters to be frowning more, which they have, or to have bushier eyebrows, which they have, or any other manner of little tweak that they make for a localization

You won't hear a goddamn peep out of anyone

Any other edit at all.

But all of a sudden you show an inch less of thigh and you're all about preserving the artistic integrity of the game?

Fucking hilarious, and extremely suspect.
>>
>>316496003
>why should I give a fuck because some lewd outfits aren't available or I can't make a character with cow-tits?

Because they're taking something away from you for tenuous reasons. There are tons of optional things in games that aren't necessary, but it'd be stupid to arbitrarily remove them.

>Once the censorship actually becomes a hindrance to the gameplay
You're a fucking retard. Censorship almost never affects gameplay, doesn't mean you should take it in the ass when censors decide what you can and can't see or hear.
>>
>>316493801
Why aren't you complaining about Japan removing entire scenes from MGSV because of violence censorship? Or the bullshit in Germany? Every country has to deal with this shit in one way or another, and unless you're a political faggot who literallly "votes" with their wallet this is no fucking big deal in the big picture. There's no grey area for you people, it's either you have to do things the "ethical" way or not at all. Worse than those hardcore vegan types. No fucking real reason to boycott an otherwise great game in service of your goddamn twisted sense of justice.
>>
>>316497175
>Fucking hilarious, and extremely suspect.

Because in one case they're removing something because they think it's too offensive, for moral or political reasons essentially. There's no reason why objectionable content should be off-limiti n media, regardless of the country. In the other case, they're just changing something because they want to or because people will like it better on a purely aethetic level. They're totally different things.

Also the changes to clothing are the most common form and other things related to that are the most common form of censorship now here, so of course it's what will come up most often.

Jesus, /v/ is full of brainwashed Reddit/Tumblr fucks now.
>>
>>316497393
>Why aren't you complaining about Japan removing entire scenes from MGSV because of violence censorship? Or the bullshit in Germany?

Because most people here don't live there? I do make fun of and criticize the ridiculously strict regulations in Germany, but it's pretty irrelevant to me. Germans should complain about it.
>>
>>316496928

Fatal Frame is rated M for Mature you sad fuck. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
File: brigador-spacer.png (1 MB, 1004x1004) Image search: [Google]
brigador-spacer.png
1 MB, 1004x1004
>>316497632
>Because in one case they're removing something because they think it's too offensive
no they aren't
they're removing it for the same reason all the other changes are being made
market sensibilities

There are no laws saying you can't be in a bra and panties in a game in NA

What there is is a different group of people and it turns out different things sell in different countries—and wouldn't you know it publishers pay people to do this kind of market research for them!

There is literally no difference in motivation when it comes to localization between replacing a bikini costume and painting frowny eyes on kirby.

There is a difference to you, though: you can't get a stiffy from a frowning kirby pleb, so cut the fucking crap, stop trying to pretend like this is some noble stand to take for artistic integrity when in all other situations you don't give a fuck.
>>
>>316497393

I do. I have problems with censorship of any kind and will never buy a game that's been artistically compromised just because it makes someone uneasy.
>>
>>316497632
>someone disagrees with me, they must have invaded from a different site!
>is probably born in the 90s
Go hang out with some soccer moms with that halfhearted moral outrage of yours
>>
File: FFVII_Tifa_FMV.jpg (24 KB, 588x303) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_Tifa_FMV.jpg
24 KB, 588x303
>>316489998
Well I just hope that the Cloud announcement for Smash doesn't mean that the NX will get the FFVII remake.

They would just give Tifa small breasts and ruin her
>>
>>316498695
>artistically compromised
By buying a translated game, you are already doing just that. You will NEVER be japanese and understand all the nuances of the language. oh also
>games are art
>>
>>316489998
Who fucking cares? So long as gameplay/story stays solid.
>>
>>316497115
le slippery slope argument
>>
>>316498212
>market sensibilities

No, in some cases it's just a stupid personal decision on the part of the localization team. There was literally someone who worked at Aksys who said one of the best parts of localization was being able to remove the parts he doesn't like. In this case it's not market sensibilities.

Sometimes they're just considering a small number of people from a certain region who shouldn't be catered to at the expensve of people who want all the content in the game.

In the case of Fatal Frame 5, removing the costumes and changing a scene made no sense. It's a very niche game, only released on Wii U on the eShop with no physical release, and the costumes are only unlocked after multiple playthroughs so most people who don't want to wouldn't get to see them.

>There are no laws saying you can't be in a bra and panties in a game in NA
So what? There are other agencies and group that can cause censorship, the content doesn't have to be illegal moron.

>There is literally no difference in motivation when it comes to localization between replacing a bikini costume and painting frowny eyes on kirby.
Yes there is. One is removing content because it's considered too offensive/objectionable, the other is changing box art because people be more willing to buy a box with an angry Kirby on it.

>stop trying to pretend like this is some noble stand to take for artistic integrity when in all other situations you don't give a fuck.
But I do give a fuck, sometimes I even comment on Australian/European censorship like how they censored Stick of Truth because it's so ridiculous over there. But since it's not relevant to me as much, I don't complain about it. I complain about any kind of content like violence, sex, religious imagery being changed or removed for stupid reasons.
>>
>>316498739
>someone disagrees with me, they must have invaded from a different site!

They are. Literally no one defended censorship before last year. All the fuckers who defend censorship are brainwashed retards from other sites, mostly Tumblr.

>Go hang out with some soccer moms with that halfhearted moral outrage of yours
You do realize the moral outrage soccer moms are/were the ones causing the censorship, not complaining about censorship? Your argument makes no sense, but nice job trying to turn it around.
>>
>>316489998
>Nintendo is taking panty shots out of games they're trying to get rated T!
>BOYCOTT BOYCOTT!
>IT'S DA SJW'S!
Step it up ,Senpai

Desu~
>>
>>316498913
>Who fucking cares?

People who have a brain and don't want shit to be censored for no reason?
>>
>>316498996
Not the one you're replying to, but you are seriously terrible at arguing. is English your 2nd language?
>>
>>316499243
Oh boo hoo a panty shot got removed. Get over yourself you pathetic fuck
>>
>>316499203
>>Nintendo is taking panty shots out of games they're trying to get rated T

Fatal Frame 5 is rated M. Stop trying to steal desu you delusional tumblrcunt.

Also Senran Kagura is rated T, there's no way slightly altering shit like this can change the rating.
>>
>>316498695
>>316498996

But that's what these changes are really about
what sells in the NA market
none of these companies are going "well, this is going to sell just fine but but let's cut out this demographic of people who like scantily clad people in their videogames because we wouldn't want to offend anyone"

they're doing it because they can sell to more people in the NA market without those things than they can with them

and the same metric is applied to literally every single localization change that isn't tied to legislation (i.e. shit like Germany's tighter restrictions on gore/nazi paraphernalia)

So to say that THIS is where we take a stand for artistic integrity while ignoring everything else is disingenuous as fuck.
>>
>>316499436

It's not limited to panty shots you braindead shit.
>>
>>316499332

What do you take issue with? You haven't really said anything.
>>
>>316490519
This. If I want lewd shit there are plenty of places to see shit online. As long as portions of gameplay aren't removed, then why care?
>>
>>316499168
I'm not defending censorship. I just don't give a shit in this regard. I care about gameplay, and none of these omissions detract from the gameplay. This isn't a film or a book, it's a product that I use.
Plenty of other people here would say the same thing, ones who don't go to your boogeyman websites either.
>>
File: australia.png (875 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
australia.png
875 KB, 1280x720
>>316489998
>nintendo makes one english version for normal countries and australia
>ignore australia's documented history with rigid standards, bans, and censorship
>blame relatively new american rise in SJW movement
>>
>>316499534
Oh sorry, I forgot about the skimpy outfits too. Get over yourself you pathetic fuck
>>
>>316498996
I know who you're talking about, and trust me, that kind of attitude is horrendous. But can you prove anybody at Nontendo has the same sentiments? If you can't what you're doing is entirely conjecture.
>>
It's because of age laws. Can't sexualize minors. Sucks but there's nothing we can do about it
>>
>>316489998
Yeah I'm a little annoyed by the censoring and I think it's better without, but in the end what I care about is the gameplay and story. As long as those aren't affected I don't really care.
>>
>>316499658
>I just don't give a shit in this regard. I care about gameplay, and none of these omissions detract from the gameplay.

No that's just a bullshit excuse. You say you don't care and you're not defending it but you're coming into a thread and saying anyone who cares about it should stop caring about it. That's defending it, but pretending you're not, and it's something people like you like to do.

>This isn't a film or a book, it's a product that I use.
They're all products you fucking mongoloid. There's no reason not to apply those standards to every medium, especially when games can contain movies.

>Plenty of other people here would say the same thing, ones who don't go to your boogeyman websites either.
They're all tumblrshits like yourself.
>>
File: australia and vidya.png (92 KB, 1105x681) Image search: [Google]
australia and vidya.png
92 KB, 1105x681
Stupid ESRB!
Stupid NoA!
Stupid SJWs!
>>
File: 1278202433632.jpg (7 KB, 251x171) Image search: [Google]
1278202433632.jpg
7 KB, 251x171
It's not censorship, it's capitalism.

Where are all the adult films nowadays? Why is there no blood in new Die Hard movies? Censorship? No, it's the rating system. Studios are ALLOWED to make bloodbath movies, but they don't, because lower ratings means more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They didn't stop making bloody movies like Robocop because of a social justice outcry, they didn't do it because they felt it was the right thing to do, they didn't do it because of pressure from the government. They did it for the cash. And the same is happening with Nintendo right now.

Oppose it if you want, I'd even join you in opposing it, if the entire debate wasn't constantly being hijacked by FUCKING RETARDS who want to cry about liberals and SJWs yet again as if we didn't get the fucking message 12 months ago.
>>
File: 2c8[1].jpg (11 KB, 200x251) Image search: [Google]
2c8[1].jpg
11 KB, 200x251
>>316499460
>stop trying to steal desu
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch Desu~? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, Desu~, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, Desu~, and I have over 300 confirmed kills Desu~. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces Desu~. You are nothing to me but just another target Desu~. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, Desu~, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet Desu~? Think again, fucker Desu~. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, Desu~. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life Desu~. You’re fucking dead Desu~. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands Desu~. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent Desu~. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue Desu~. But you couldn’t, Desu~, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price Desu~. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it Desu~. You’re fucking dead, Desu~.
>>
>not learning japanese
what's your excuse
>>
>>316499979
>They did it for the cash. And the same is happening with Nintendo right now.
The math is pretty simple
(expected sales in Australia)>(expected losses from boob slider removal)
>>
>>316499959
What I love about the Australian censorship is that it's all being done by conservatives. Australia has a very right-wing government. And yet there are fucking 12 year olds on /v/ who insist it's THE FEMINISTS and THE LIBERALS who are really behind it all.
>>
>>316499959
>>316499742

Australia is different from America you dumb fuck. They censor things for different reasons and it's always stupid. People have been laughing at Australia and their "high-impact sexual violence", and how they ban everything for years.
>>
>>316500149

GTA5 being removed from a store was due to feminist complaints.

Games like Hotline Miami 2 and Hatred being banned was because politicians make decisions based on what they read in the media, and the SJWs in the media were talking about a fake "rape scene" in Hotline Miami 2, which is why they banned it.
>>
>>316489998
I already sold my wiiU. I'm tired of this shit.
>>
>>316499939
I would do the same thing to those who find a tranny joke or a racist thing in a game offensive. I bet you would too. I jist don't give a fuck, it does not affect my enjoyment of a game. Also, games are not art in the same sense that films and books are. You can remove systems and aesthetics from a game and still have the same core concept intact, whereas censoring a scene from a book or film will likely change the work as a whole. Nice ad hominems though, buddy. Why not devote this kind of passionate rage to something worthwhile? Go campaign for Trump door to door or something.
>>
>>316500161
What's your point?
NoA is making one version that's going to all the english speaking regions
>>
Don't worry guys, when Trump wins, he and his party will definitely lower the age of consent all across America and then Japanese videogames which feature sexualization of minors will no longer be censored.

RIGHT? THIS IS TRUE, RIGHT? BASED MILO WOULDN'T LEAD US DOWN THE WRONG PATH WOULD HE?
>>
>>316500161
Australia and Germany have true censorship and deserve outrage, as they actually prevent games from being purchased.
>>
>>316499473

As I already said, the censorship in Fatal Frame makes no sense. All the people buying a Fatal Frame on Wii U, digitally are not gonna care about optional costumes that were always there. It's gonna sell in the thousands and no censorship is gonna affect that number positively.

>So to say that THIS is where we take a stand for artistic integrity while ignoring everything else is disingenuous as fuck.
I already said I complain about other instances of censorship. I'm not making a grand trand about this in particular, it's just relevant here since it's the gaming board and I play games, and I live in North America, and it's what the thread is about.

"blah blah capitalism" "blah companies localization money" are just bullshit excuses to defend censorship when you should be crititicizing it instead.
>>
>>316500325
So you admit it's the right wing government who actually have the power to censor the games, and should be held accountable?

WHOOPS NOPE GOTTA PULL A BUNCH OF MENTAL LEAPS TO KEEP BLAMING LIBERALS AND SJWS FOR LEADING OUR POOR INNOCENT RIGHT-WING GOVERNMENT ASTRAY
>>
File: Johnny's Bizzare Adventure.png (106 KB, 346x327) Image search: [Google]
Johnny's Bizzare Adventure.png
106 KB, 346x327
>It's OK to send a "thirteen" (13) [XIII] year old girl into combat where she can die
>It's not okay to put her in a bikini
>>
>>316500470
>Trump
>will start the pedosexual revolution

Actually he's the only one who can stop it. You might want to vote for Bernie if that sort of thing is your bag.
>>
File: Bayonetta-2-Screenshot-07.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta-2-Screenshot-07.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
Nintendo doesn't have a problem with publishing games with sexualized characters. It's only a problem for them when those characters are under 18, like in Fatal Frame and Xenoblade X
>>
>>316500593
>"blah blah capitalism"
Holy shit you are such a goddamn retard. You almost definitely were in GG with brains as shitty as yours.
You seriously want to brush aside any discussion of the financial aspects behind these decisions? Why even pretend you want to talk about the issue at all then? "blah blah capitalism" jesus fucking christ go back to 8gag.
>guys stop talking about the financial influence behind these decisions just post "fucking sjws!!!" over and over again
>>
File: 1273026184119.jpg (15 KB, 355x375) Image search: [Google]
1273026184119.jpg
15 KB, 355x375
>mfw Nintendo has been doing this since the start of their fucking company and just now in the last 5 years have horny sexed deprived weebs complained about it
>mfw they will say they've always cared about it but we all know they're fucking lying fuccbois
>>
>>316489998
The fatal frame thing really bothers me. Because it's a goddamn M rated game. Let the weebs have their fapbait. Jesus christ.
>>
>>316500376
>I would do the same thing to those who find a tranny joke or a racist thing in a game offensive. I bet you would too.

It's different. One is trying to remove things they find offensive, the other is trying to stop people from removing things other people find offensive. It's a different position. One is just, the other is wrong.

>I jist don't give a fuck, it does not affect my enjoyment of a game
Then stop defending it and emphasizing how much you don't give a fuck. If you truly don't give a fuck, ignore the subject.

>Also, games are not art in the same sense that films and books are.
Yes, they are, especially nowadays a,d especially when moviegames exist. They can contain the same themes, elements, etc. There's no reason why you would care about one or the other. People used to say the same thing about movies you know.

>Nice ad hominems though, buddy
They're relevant. The only reason you're defending censorship is because you're from tumblr and have an agenda. So in this case it's relevant.

>Why not devote this kind of passionate rage to something worthwhile?
I do, but since I also play games and I'm on a gaming board, I'm also concerned with videogame censorship. Makes sense.
>>
I posted this in the Xenoblade thread less than a minute before it died, so I guess I'll post it again, even if no one cares.

This will just cause them to lose more sales than they'll gain, if it even gained them any to begin with.

You really can't win with this game, if you don't support it they won't see the point in localizing more, if you do you support their practices

I'm going to play as a male character anyway but it's dumb that people aren't allowed to make their character with a character creator that has all the features of the original japanese version's character creator
>>
>>316500376
You do realize in the case of Fatal Frame, they removed not only an unlockable skimpy outfit but also a gravure model wearing a bikini in a scene that was supposed to be uncomfortable to show how that lifestyle is

That is the definition of "bad" censoring, according to you, as it alters the story. But, I'm with you OP, I don't know what happened to the concensus around here lately. Half the responses are literally "I don't care/mind if it doesn't affect gaemplay." It's a shame, cause this site used to be one of the few places where the majority did discuss videogames as though they were a respectible medium. Idk the issue, maybe now the "normies," by which I mean those less dependant on videogames as a means of entertainment and socializing, come here to laugh at the /v/irgins cause thats what they do in their highschool.
>>
>>316500756
>sex and violence are the same thing
That's exactly the fucked up kind of reasoning that makes these censorship problems as bad as they are
>>
>>316500912
What if I told you i don even want Xenoblade but I hate censorship
>>
>>316499979
self-censorship for financial gain is still censorship. look it up, there are dozens of articles and papers written about it. and more generally

>"The fact that this censorship may have a laudable ulterior purpose cannot mean that censorship is not censorship."
>U.S. Supreme Court
>>
>>316500859
That's only because you can't cencor the entirety of Bayonetta, and it's was at the time somewhat of a system seller. Thatja from Fire Emblem isn't underaged, but they cencored her.
>>
>>316500404

The other guy's point was that Australian censorship happens so all censorship should be fine and moral authorities like SJWs aren't a problem. I was saying Australian censorship is different, so his point is moot.

>>316500485
It's all "true" censorship you fucking moron. It's doesn't have to be caused by the government. And people do complain about the censorship in Australia because it's so ridiculous, but for most people it doesn't affect them. Doesn't mean other instacne of censorship in other countries should be ignored just because other countries outright ban games.

>>316500631
>So you admit it's the right wing government who actually have the power to censor the games, and should be held accountable?

Yes?
>>
>>316501130

You wouldn't even care about this if you didn't feel like DA SCURRY SJWS ARE WINNING when you can't see lewd shit in your translated video games. Face the facts, if devs and pubs want their game to sell more they have to play ball with ESRB. If you don't want to have to deal with the ESRB you go the doujin route like everyone else does. If you don't go that route you're fine with censoring your product for mass consumption. PR struggles are far worse than making 45 weebs happy you left that pointless bikini in.

Now get fucked.
>>
>>316499203
>being a fanatical religious normie that enter rape frenzy at the sight of normal human bodies
never, ever, normie.
>>
>>316501292
XSeed has said on numerous occasions that the ESRB doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>316501292
>ur just mad u cant be a pedo XDD

Why do pro censor fags think this is what this is about?
>>
>>316500859
Bayonetta 2 got an M15+ rating in Australia, meaning you need an adult to buy it with you if you're under 15.
Similar to going PG-13 instead of R, or T instead of M, NoA is likely trying to get their Australian rating of Xenoblade down to an M (recommended for people over 15 but not legally enforced)
>>
Whats the NoA email so I can rant about their censorship?

or what should I do?
>>
File: Untitled.png (37 KB, 589x507) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37 KB, 589x507
Reminder to boycott and specify /why/ you aren't buying a particular game to them
>>
>>316501234
yeah the swimsuit shit with Tharja was dumb, but it's not like they censored her outfit which was pretty revealing too
>>
>>316501130
The point is that the bottom line is money is the motivator. Simple as that and end of discussion. Unless you can find 1 million people who say "we're going to buy the game, for certain, JUST because of the little girl in the bikini" then it's still financially the wise choice to not risk it and take it out.

End of fucking story. Now find me those 1 million pedos or cry some more.

I want my untraviolent movies back, but I won't get them as long as millions of tweens and chinese people are going to see 12A rated movies.
Shit sucks but that's your precious capitalism at work, folks.
And to think libertarians still believe the free market will make everything great.
>>
>>316501349

They give absolutely no shit about games they know are going to sell 9 copies (like all xseed games). So they probably don't even actually look at the product. For something that has a kid friendly reputation (ie literally everything Nintendo makes) the ESRB is going to crack down way more. Especially if they expect it to be a big seller. You don't trust a company that sells less copies of their games than actual paid for doujin games.
>>
>>316500880
>You seriously want to brush aside any discussion of the financial aspects behind these decisions?

I don't, I even addressed it earlier. It's just that it's often used by pro-censorship people to defend censorship.

>they're just censoring it to make more money!

It's a stupid excuse that can be used to defend any instance of censorship, with nothing to back it up. In some cases it's clear that it won't make them more money, and even in cases where it does, this argument that is used to defend microtransactions and every shitty business practice under the sun.
>>
>>316501292
ESRB demonstrably does not care and anybody who wasn't interested is going to take a second look because things got removed from the game. This can inly hurt sales.
>>
>>316489998
This is the most pathetic thread on /v/ right now.
>>
File: gamergate_by_caitesith-d84mhc0.png (465 KB, 900x963) Image search: [Google]
gamergate_by_caitesith-d84mhc0.png
465 KB, 900x963
>>316501439
Stay strong, brother!
>>
>>316501531

Why did they censor Fatal Frame then, a Mature-rated game?
>>
>>316501493
There it is though. It's extraordinarily minor, why do it? Does it ruin the game? No, but it doesn't need to be for us to care, does it? Fucking titty monster in Fates is more sexualized in her normal outfit.
>>
>>316501439
>>316501439
>>316501439
this

>>316501437
Don't be an ass about it. Clearly state your complaints and reasons in a civil manner. Email address is here >>316501439
>>
>>316501390

Because that IS what it is about on 4chan. You never fucking ever see people complaining about religious references being stricken from the text of a video game. Or medical signs being changed to something more innocuous. The only things 4chan ever gives a shit about is bikinis. You can act like this is about how much you hate your precious products being changed from their original creator's intent but it's incredibly apparent that the only contention is sexual censorship and absolutely none of the other types.
>>
File: XenoCover-620x.jpg (76 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
XenoCover-620x.jpg
76 KB, 620x620
CERO C = 15+
ESRB TEEN = 13+

It is all for the sake of being friendly with the children and their parents. Literally the very same people who doesn't care nor are going to buy this game.
Nintendogs don't realize they are sabotaging themselves by supporting this.
>>
>>316501564
BUT THEY ARE CENSORING IT TO MAKE MORE MONEY YOU FUCKING DELUSIONAL RETARD, IT'S NOT A SJW CONSPIRACY NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WANT IT TO BE
>>
>>316501242
>The other guy's
you mean me
>was that Australian censorship happens so all censorship should be fine
not even close, but nice try
>I was saying Australian censorship is different, so his point is moot.
wrong again

I was saying stop blaming tumblr SJWs in the US. I blame Australia because NoA has to consider their rating system since their version of the game is going to be sold there too.

Nintendo isn't going to make a separate Aussie version, so NoA has to consider the ratings everywhere their version will be sold.

I made no judgments on if censorship is good or bad, just that you're probably blaming the wrong people.
>>
>>316501704

Read my fucking post.

>For something that has a kid friendly reputation (ie literally everything Nintendo makes) the ESRB is going to crack down way more.

Parents would crucify their asses if they saw their kids playing around with some bikini clad girls in a horror game. And no, it doesn't matter it's mature since they'll get it somehow. It's more about the PR battle this would cause not actually protecting kids.
>>
File: 34324324342342.jpg (1020 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
34324324342342.jpg
1020 KB, 1500x844
Its our fault. The moment they create a female character that's the least bit alluring, we give them "the whore treatment" which is messed up, especially when those characters targeted towards children.
>>
>>316500859
Bro, only Miu in Fatal Frame was underage and only just barely at 17. Yuri was of age and still got censored as well.

As for Bayo 2 everything was done in-house at Platinum. NoA never got the chance to put their grubby mitts on it in the first place.
>>
>>316501770
Actually that email address doesn't work.
Just got an email back saying this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo of America. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are no longer able to accept emails sent to this address. To contact us now and in the future, please visit our online Webform. Here’s a direct link:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (156 KB, 934x585) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
156 KB, 934x585
>>316501439
Done and done.
>>
>>316501692
>You're a goobergater for trying to put out a public word to a company instead of crying on /v/
Fuck off to GAF
>>
>>316501972
Anita is that you?
>>
>>316501814
>implying suddenly lots of children and parents are going to care and buy their niche games because they are censored.
What the heck
>>
>>316501704
probably to avoid an R rating in australia

>>316501958
>the ESRB is so evil and picks on nintendo!
>>
>>316501794
>You never fucking ever see people complaining about religious references being stricken from the text of a video game

Yes you do. People said that it would probably happen in XCX and were complaining about that.

>You can act like this is about how much you hate your precious products being changed from their original creator's intent but it's incredibly apparent that the only contention is sexual censorship and absolutely none of the other types.
It's because sexual censoship is by far the most common form of censorship which still happens a lot so it's the one that's going to be talked about the most, and for some reason it's still accepted by some people while almost every sane person concedes that religious imagery shouldn't be censored.
>>
>>316501794
So why are you okay when the shoe is on the other foot and the S jay ws do it.
>>
>>316489998
Games sell better in the west the less obviously japanese stuff there is in the games. I guess that includes most of the perverted stuff.
>>
>>316502117

Show me one god damn screen cap of a 400+ post thread about a cross being removed from a game. Have fun trying to find one.

Bikini censorship? Months of 500+ post threads year round.
>>
>>316502125

I'm not if it's specifically against the will of the devs and pubs. They're the people who make the active decision to change their game to attempt to stir up the least amount of shit and sell the most copies. SJWs want games changed against the devs and pubs initial wishes and shame them into doing them.

Apples and oranges.
>>
>>316502117
Seriously. The very first hints of localization were met with anxiety about possible censorship. There was an e-mail campaign then with dozens of people writing in to express concerns that they might fuck this up.

Fast forward to the present day, and those people were completely right about everything.
>>
>>316502117
People still only care because they're thirsty for AAA sexual content. Never see news about anything but what's going to stir controversy, and with this demographic it is certainly sex.
>>
File: CTBIEveWUAAXHSI.png (195 KB, 504x559) Image search: [Google]
CTBIEveWUAAXHSI.png
195 KB, 504x559
>>
>>316497393
>Why aren't you complaining about Japan removing entire scenes from MGSV because of violence censorship? Or the bullshit in Germany?

I most certainly did. Along with Australia's deal with L4D2, any country insisting on controlling artistic expression rankles me quite a bit.

Oh, you don't remember me? Do you want us to get trips to ensure the Anons you argue with aren't hypocrites?
>>
File: 1420505060538.jpg (9 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1420505060538.jpg
9 KB, 229x220
>>316490838
>>
>>316501814
>BUT THEY ARE CENSORING IT TO MAKE MORE MONEY YOU FUCKING DELUSIONAL RETARD

So you think a game like Fatal Frame that is incedibly niche, only available for adult gamers on Wii U, only available on the eShop will make more money because they remove completely unlockable optional costumes? No it's just a retarded decision.

>>316501814
It doesn't have to be a conspiracy, they can just scream long and hard enough to get companies to concede to their demands because they're scared of the backlash or because of other factors. Japanese developers look at the current situation in the West and think it represents the Western market.
>>
*licks chapped lips*
H-H-HOLD UP
*adjust trilby*
P-POTATO-CHAN IS CENSORED?
*takes off one fingerless glove*
P-POTATO CHAN IS CUTE! CUTE!
*activates sharingan*
I WILL B-BOYCOTT THIS FOR MY SEASONAL WAIFU
>>
>>316493374
He went back to being Sodom in the SNES port of A2.
>>
>>316502016
Under what category should I send to?
>>
>>316502498
This was made by someone who doesn't know jack about international marketing.
>>
I still want XCX despite what has been changed since I've been keeping an eye on it since day one, but it's the only exception I'm willing to make. The other censored games don't interest me, so I won't be getting them. The games I am interested in coming from Nintendo probably won't be censored anyway.

I know I should make a stand or whatever, but I don't want to miss out on a game I've been hyped for.
>>
>>316502498

Why isn't

"Having a huge PR battle that will potentially cause a huge consumer backlash (far bigger than the weeb community can compensate for) and destroy any opportunity to make money on the localized product" not on the bingo?
>>
>When will blind fanboys stop accepting this by keeping buying their shit, instead of boycotting this SJW crap?

Stop injecting your fucking agenda into everything! The worst way to convince people to do something is to tell them in a manner that implies that you know better than them. I hate nothing more than some fag trying to tell me what to do, makes me want to do the exact opposite.

You are an insufferable fag. I don't even plan on buying fFatal Frame, didn't buy Bravely Default and I don't like Xenoblade, but I still feel like you're a fucking faggot trying to tell people what to do.

Seriously, fuck you. Mind your own business and let me spend my money however I see fit. I don't fucking care what kind of ethical choice a company decides to make even if it's stupid. This is not the kind of shit that I look into a videogame.

Look at R.Mika's ass slap scene being removed. It does piss me off because I do greatly enjoy the fanservice. Especially in Street Fighter, but what do I have to say to Capcom if they choose to remove it? I wasn't going to buy the game for Mika's ass anyways, I was gonna buy it to, you know, play a fucking fighting game.

Then comes you, buttfrustrated that his 12 years old sexuality isn't proprerly pleased by makers of electronic games and start trying to shame me planning to buy said product because muh censorship. Nigga get in a fucking commitee if you want to do something, stop trying to force people to stop buying things you don't like.

While we're at it, what kind of faggot thinks "voting with your wallet" is actually doing something? You gotta be the most naive piece of shit out there.

OP is forever a faggot, man am I fucking mad!
>>
>>316501439
>ITS 2015
>>
>>316489998
It's not just Nintendo though, a lot of stuff coming into America is censored. America is an intensely toxic nation whose mainstream won't accept anything that doesn't meet their ridiculous "progressive" standards.
>>
File: 1445381344762.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445381344762.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>316489998
>>
>>316502679
>While we're at it, what kind of faggot thinks "voting with your wallet" is actually doing something? You gotta be the most naive piece of shit out there.
Worked for DMC
>>
>>316502675
That's a good question. Because that's about as frivolous as all the others.
>>
File: 1337193360087.png (163 KB, 504x559) Image search: [Google]
1337193360087.png
163 KB, 504x559
>>316502498
>>
>>316502352
And how do you figure its the devs will since it was implemented in the Jap version and removed in america because of the SJW shitstorm.
>>
>people comparing Fatal Frame and Xenoblade to fucking XSeed games

1. FF and XB are going to sell 10x more than anything XSeed has localized in their lives. Even with FF being exclusively on the eShop.
2. They're on Nintendo consoles where the XSeed mantra doesn't fly.
>>
>Nintendo
>expecting sexual stuff
>>
>>316502767
this post convinced me
>>
>>316502940
>2. They're on Nintendo consoles where the XSeed mantra doesn't fly.
Senran Kagura.
>>
>>316502585
Not that guy you're replying to but localizers make money not just from sales but from the amount of work they put into the game. The more shit they have to do to a game the more money they get paid. I think you can imagine how this could turn out bad with this system.
>>
Why would they remove the breast slider? The main character in Xenoblade isn't underage, and surprisingly enough, women have different breast sizes.

Fire Emblem Fates is fucked.
>>
File: 3mxc3SQ.jpg (270 KB, 912x1768) Image search: [Google]
3mxc3SQ.jpg
270 KB, 912x1768
Here's hoping region lock will actually be removed for the next nintendo console.

Im so done with NoA and their bunch of creative rewriters.
Seriously is there like an independent translation company that only does literal translation (No muh cultural context or muh rewrites) and doesnt bother with english dubs?

Im willing to donate whatever amount i can for translations like that.
Pic related pisses me off so fucking hard my god
>>
>>316502829

DmC didn't fail because it was boycotted, it failed because it was a terrible game.
>>
File: 1444701562114.jpg (118 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
1444701562114.jpg
118 KB, 584x622
>ronery waifufags BTFO

I think it's pretty great. I hope Nintendo keeps it up so that those people leave its fanbase forever.
>>
File: 1435522501906.jpg (23 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1435522501906.jpg
23 KB, 240x251
>>316502940
>FF and XB are going to sell 10x more than anything XSeed has localized in their lives
>implying Fatal Frame sold worth anything

My little anon can't be this retarded
>>
>>316502675
Because huge PR battles are more often than not massively profitable for the product, especially digital media. All the rage in these threads is a well planned marketing tactic. To many armchair intellects in here not realizing their rage=more sales.
>>
>>316502835

Yeah because making money on an entertainment product is completely against ethical code!

And you niggers wonder why shit isn't localized. Because of babies like you and the publishers not wanting to deal with them. This isn't riveting raw journalism or an anti-government book. This is an entertainment product created and localized to sell and make money. Don't get shit confused fuccboi
>>
>>316502767
But we have music award shows with singers singing about their vaginas being smashed with cocks, and more. Why is it just this crap that gets censored?

Oh, that's right, all video games are still considered for kids only. Never mind, I'm a fucking idiot.
>>
>>316503038
both
>>
>>316503028
Can't have flat chested women in bikinis in Australia
>>
>>316503037
To be fair the people working there are probably just autistic fucks that are high on the list of things that ought to go extinct. I'm sure they understand Japanese just fine.
>>
Why are people saying its about money? NOA is pretending this game doesn't even fucking exist. They're not bothering to advertise it at all, and its released in fucking 20 days. This game us confirmed DOA, so why go out of ones way to remove something that's in fucking countless other modern games?

For moral reasons, of course. Treehouse personally decided to remove the option. If it was just for money they wouldn't have sunk a fortune localizing this failure of a game release in the first place.
>>
>>316503156
Are there just no australian women that have flat/small breasts?
>>
>>316503019

Nice job selecting a title that hasn't been fucking localized dipshit. You just proved my point exceptionally well.
>>
>>316502875
More like.
>"All of these arguments have been addressed a thousand times. But as long as we 1. keep insisting on proven false notions or 2. Introduce unprovable notions, in order to try and create a cloud of doubt, then you can never get me to admit I'm a lousy apologist."
>>
>>316503234
Isn't this being localized by 8-4 or is it a joint thing?

Man Fire Emblem Fates is so fucked.
>>
>>316490996
the world will gravitate toward a spiral of degeneracy and you're part of it
>>
>>316503118

Not with sex. Hot coffee was the only PR battle that might have stirred up a sale or two, but I doubt it. Blood and gore is the only thing that increases sales. Sex in America is against the rules and will cripple your sales.
>>
>>316503234

No, because they know only a niche of people in NA knows about Fatal Frame you fucking idiot. Stop pretending that every game is treated by the same standarts as a MArio game, for example.

This is business 101. A company will advertize its highest selling product more than its lowest selling one and one only needs to look at sales charts for any Fatal Frame game to understand that it might not be worth the spendings to advertize it.
>>
>>316503440
Hey retard he's talking about XCX
>>
>>316489998

When will pathetic NEETS stop caring about pixelated T&A and whether or not it gets censored in a kid's game?
>>
>>316503234
Why spend money advertising something that is being constantly reposted and up voted already? Controversy=free marketing, which is usually quite expensive.
>>
>crying CENSORSHIP FREE SPEECH SJW AAAAA because you cant upskirt your favorite nintendo babes anymore
this is the most neckbeard thread ive witnessed in weeks
>>
>>316503234

Because it is on a god damn Nintendo console. That's the end of it. NoA isn't going to allow anything to tarnish their reputation as a kid friendly system in America. And the publishers are going to agree to that if they want to release their games overseas, and that is a decision they willingly made. Nobody was forced.
>>
>>316503120
The assumed notion that Nintendo will receive considerable bad press is not proven. You're just assuming that to be true.
Meanwhile, Bayonetta is parading around in the sluttiest version of Peach's dress conceived.
>>
>>316503389

This argument always makes me laugh.

When exactly has the world not been degenerate and, if you actually attempt to answer this question, please, use an answer that isn't based in relative terms.
>>
>I can't enjoy this game unless some pixel crotch is on the screen
>>
>>316503234
It is about money. Just a different kind of money than what you think. It's not sales money. It's work money.
>>
>>316503330

Joint project between treehouse and them.

And yeah, it is royally fucked. But since it's way more high profile, and lots more lewd than previous games, lots more normal fans will be angry about it.
>>
File: 1444700524228.jpg (16 KB, 552x552) Image search: [Google]
1444700524228.jpg
16 KB, 552x552
>>316503389

>up in arms about your right to see pantsu on virtual anime girls in japanese games
>calling other people degenerates

Am I missing the joke?
>>
>>316503415
That's debatable, probably works to varying degrees but the lack of other ads for this stuff convinces me that's what they're doing.
>>
>>316503547

People really are completely oblivious to the fact that electronic entertainment is a fucking business and not a magic hobby tailored specifically to make YOU happy.
>>
>>316503506
Thats not what its about faggot.
>>
>>316503234
>For moral reasons, of course. Treehouse personally decided to remove the option
again
>source: my own paranoid conspiracy theories

People are saying it's about money because that's how businesses work stupid.

The Australian sales are expected to be more numerous than the sales they expect to lose because of ditching the boob slider.
>>
>>316503575

It isn't proven. But it's a calculated risk mitigation decision that everyone made to get their game to sell more copies if possible. Bayonetta 2 also doesn't have straight up cloth falling off bikinis like a lot of these games 4chan bitches about being censored.
>>
>>316503281
>Senran Kagura
>not localized
>>
>>316503596
Waifufags don't like games.

They only play them for the softcore fanservice porn, which is why they get so upset when things that you or I see as inconsequential get removed.
>>
>>316503547
SK gets released on 3DS. NoA is publishing this game, which is why everyone is rightfully complaining about NoA's inane business practices because it's affecting a product they want (or wanted) to buy.
>>
>>316503596
>i can't enjoy this game if others are enjoying the pixel crotch on the screen
seriously why can't everyone just be happy? don't people want more diverse body types and shit? you're denying them that just to deny some people from jacking off? no one fucking wins in that scenario.
>>
>>316503731

Yes it is, you can cry muh censorship and muh standards all you want but that's what its about because I know you people, I've been here since the beginning.
>>
>>316503281
>hasn't been fucking localized dipshit

But it has. Both games have been, you bumblefuck.
>>
>>316496808
They didn't, after the Snes days they eased the censorship on their consoles, to the point where they had that BMXXX game be uncensored whereas the PS2 version wasn't.
Now recently they are going backwards again.
Gamecube was probably their least restrictive console, when did they fuck up again was it just now with the WiiU or did this also happen with the Wii?
>>
>>316503415

Dragon's Crown was Vanillaware's best-selling game after the Sorceress controversy. It sold over 1M copies despite being a 2D game in 2013 with a normal retail price.

Even as early as the 80s, Custer's Revenge sold more than twice as many copies as the developer's other games because it got a shitton of attention due to the drama surrounding it. Controversy will always sell.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custer's_Revenge
>Nevertheless, the focused media attention caused the game to sell approximately 80,000 copies, twice as many copies as Mystique's other adult-only games, Bachelor Party and Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em.
>>
>>316503415

Dragon's crown. Bayonetta.
>>
I will care when they change something that matters
>>
>>316503846
I completely forgot that was a game. As a kid I wanted it but now it's so stupid sounding.
>>
>>316503717
You kerp repeating yourself and nobody is reaponding to you because your argument is premised on the unsubstantiated assumption that cenorship = more sales. The success of companies like XseeD and the failings of NISA directly oppose your central point. Censorship is bad business.
>>
>>316503525

Positive controversy sells, like dragons crown, not "we caved in".

This is also not because of Nintendo being afraid of parents, since Nintendo fucking released BAYONETTA.
>>
>>316503754
You're right, Bayo doesn't have cloth damage. Because BAYO'S ATTACKS FREELY REMOVE HER CLOTHES, MAKING HER STARK NAKED IN FRONT OF THE WORLD TO SEE.

If it were really about mitigating risks. Then why did they pull in Bayo 2? Why did they eventually pull Bayo 1?

Fact is, the decisions are made by the arbitrary morals of the localization team. Which Nintendo puts entirely too much trust in.
>>
>>316499460
You can spot these non 4chan regulars by how bluntly they use reaction images, particularly the smug images and the whiny crying images.
They also respond in a very obvious how would someone of 4chan act type of way, without actually knowing the culture.
>>
>>316489998
OH NO THEY COVERED UP MY TITTIES
>>
Since when are boob sliders considered to be crucial to a game's gameplay or story? Plus, it's already confirmed elma Irina Celinia, and your FeMC is uncensored
>>
>>316503807

If all it takes is some ass and titties to be removed from the game you need to analyze your life goals. It's not just NoA that makes these decisions, it's the publishers, the developers, the PR teams, etc. Everyone is trying to make the most risk-free decisions to help their game sell well otherwise there isn't a reason to even localize it since it's already such a big risk in itself. Again, this is a money driven business. If you guys could manage to make every bikini bitch fest game go up to a million seller then the devs would listen. But you don't and the games sell like 10k copies at best most of the time.
>>
>>316504037
NISA is making money
NIS (the parent Japanese company that makes the games) is losing money.
>>
>>316489998
>as of late
How... just how fucking young are you? Jesus fuck. Fucking shit. Shit.
>>
File: 1398656019432.png (608 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1398656019432.png
608 KB, 1280x720
>tfw playing male, satisfied with C cup busts, don't mind an underage character being the only character dressed more modestly, haven't minded a single confirmed rename, getting more hype for my pre order to be delivered as each day passes
Censorship and removal of content suck as practices, but there is just too much left intact for me to be anything other than hype
>>
>>316503886

Dragon's Crown sold like dog shit. Bayonetta sold like dog shit (especially 2). If anything all that the controversy did was to help a super niche crowd band together and buy a product. Which turns out are only about 0.1% of the population and doesn't even make anyone bat an eye at those sales.
>>
>>316504152
Since when is ANY customization crucial in that regard? Since when is story crucial to a video game? Since when are video games crucial to living?

That's not an argument. That's a glorified way of saying "I don't care".
>>
>Unreleased game
>Censorship
>>
>>316504094
>Fact is, the decisions are made by the arbitrary morals of the localization team.
>fact
You think it's a fact that a business is going to make arbitrary decisions? What are you retarded or something?
>>
>>316489998
Cleanup ≠ censorship.
>>
>>316504273
>dragon's crown sold like dogshit

How does it feel to be fucking wrong?
>>
File: 1447030593228.jpg (135 KB, 1002x537) Image search: [Google]
1447030593228.jpg
135 KB, 1002x537
>>316503717
>>
>>316501814
>censoring Fatal Frame, an M-RATED game that most buy for its premise of cute jap girls in spooky situations
>more sales
Nobody who complained about bikinis (in an M-rated game, mind you) is going to buy the game just because they removed those; meanwhile, people pissed off about censorship may not buy it because it's being censored.
>>
>>316504037

This was the first time I commented on the subject, quit being paranoid.

Business decision are not always about making money you ignorant fool. Reputation is every bit as important as profit in business and as much as you hate it, NA is a bunch of fucking prude hypocrites and "child friendly" comapnies like Nintendo of America tailor their public image accordingly.
>>
>>316503830
Goober gaters have fucked off to infity chan.
>>
>>316504273

Dragon's Crown sold more than 1M copies, for a fucking niche Japanese 2D game. We're talking about a game that was made with a budget of around $1M too.

>Bayonetta sold like dog shit
No it didn't.

>(especially 2).
Because it was on Wii U.

GTA3 is another game that got a massive amount of attention due to the controversy around it. You can find hundreds of examples like this in every medium. Your argument is shit.
>>
>>316504250
I'm in the same boat as you, buddy.
>>
>>316504423

How is that even remotely related to my claim?
>>
>>316504094

Those attacks leave her clothed. She's never naked. And another huuuuuuge point here is she isn't a child or even look slightly like a child like all of the games the 4chan complains about being censored.

Do you guys really think "Nintendo game has pedo content" on the front page of CNN? If you think that's gonna cause a burst in sales you're retarded. Nintendo is gonna be humiliated like the Subway guy.
>>
>>316501913
So just make an update that puts it back for the European and American markets. It takes like 2 second if they didn't remove the system entirely.
>>
>>316504171

But his game will sell 10k regardless of censorship since they're not even bothering to advertise it. The only press going around is how much of a fuckuo it is.
>>
>>316489998
>what's the next target on their list? Probably Fire Emblem Fates.
Isn't it confirmed the groping mini game like pokemon amie is gone?
>>
>>316504330
Based on their morality, yes. Translators are people with their own beliefs and perspectives.
Think about it this way: They actually managed to make the replacement costumes in Fatal Frame prior to the game's release. Which means, hypothetically, we could have gotten both the Nintendo costumes, and the lingerie. But instead of giving us more, they removed the "problematic" costumes. Do you think that's good business? No. That's the morality police getting involved where they shouldn't.
>>
>>316504627
Don't you fucking joke around anon.

You say something like that and it requires a source.
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>316503234
>NOA is pretending this game doesn't even fucking exist.
I have seen this before.....
>>
>>316504521

Yeah, like I fucking said games with blood and gore will cause controversy and people will buy them. Games with explicit sexual content, especially focusing on children or people who look like children, is RIP for anyone. GTA3 you could fuck hookers (that you couldn't even see). That was just cheeky enough to not cause a fuss, it also wasn't on a fucking Nintendo console. Neither was Dragon's Crown. Neither was Bayonetta 1 (the version that actually sold). So get fucked with your shitty opinions.
>>
>>316504627

The question that bothers me most is why is a groping minigame necessary in a Fire Emblem game? If they want to make a Dating Sim, they should stop pretending that they're making an RPG.
>>
>>316504623

Doesn't matter about the press or advertising. If a million of you guys would just go out and buy every 12 year old girl in a bikini game that you guys get mad about they would be getting localized like hot cakes. End of story. As of now there is nothing but risk in localizing these games. And big risk at that.
>>
>>316504784
Split all the hairs you like, you still sound like a moron.
>>
>>316504815
But how will my little sister power up if I don't touch her boobs?
>>
>>316504580

What the fuck does the character creator boob slider have to do with pedo content? You can't change Lynn's in the original either
>>
>>316492029
That's the problem. They should have learned by now that kids only play CoD. They're audience is mostly people that already cared about Nintendo.
>>
>>316504938

The guy who understands that games with children nearly nude in them is too much of a risk for any publisher to handle, especially when nobody is going to buy them.

One article by CNN and you and your company are seriously done here. There's nobody who is going to read that article and say "man that sounds fun let's go out and get that game for you Jonny" like they did with Doom.
>>
>>316504580
They can already do that, the game has been out in japan for months you tard.
>>
>>316497115
>i don't care about the lewd outfits or boobslider what i care about is my slippery slope fallacy

You can take your slippery slope and shove it up your ass dude. Nobody is going to give a shit about your imaginary slippery slope bullshit.
>>
>>316505028

What is your basis for this claim?
As far as my experience go, there are far more children on Miiverse than adults.
>>
>>316504519

No they came back
>>
>>316505028
Kids play Call of Duty, GTA, Minecraft and Skylanders from my experience working retail aka fucking why.
>>
>>316498890
>You will NEVER be japanese
>accept whatever shit we throw at you like a good goy
>>
>>316504580
1. Bayo is strategically covered. You see about as much, if not more than what the lingerie in Fatal Frame 5 would have shown.

2. The characters in Fatal frame are not children, nor do they look like children.

3. The character in XCX that is said to be 13, actually has the body of an adult. The age is completely superficial. Regardless, she's still wearing a bikini. Something you can find on any beach.
>>
>>316505164
You should move to Japan and live with David.
>>
>>316505096

It has absolutely no relevance if it's not out in America. Who is going to read a fucking article that is "Weird Japanese game has boob slider for girls that look 10 years old"? Not concerned mothers, that's for sure.
>>
>>316504671
>muh american sjws ruining everything!
It's far more likely the changes are to get an M instead an M 15+ rating in Australia anon.

But you want to fit this into your preconceived notion that SJWs are ruining everything. Whether they are or not, it doesn't mean you just stop thinking about the logic behind decisions.
>>
>>316505214
But I don't want to live around them. I just like their stuff. My dream is to move to Texas and become a real cowboy like Rawhide Kobayashi.
>>
>>316505145
Iwata stated he made sure that Smash 4 and Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came out on the anniversary of Melee and Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. He stated that "the kids that bought those games thanks to their parents when they were young, now are grown up with jobs, so they can buy what they want, when they want, so it just makes sense to market games similar to the ones they played at that age to them now."
>>
>>316504784

You're just making retarded assumptions. No one is gonna skip out on a game because of an optional costume. Sex and controversy sell, this is already known.

>especially focusing on children or people who look like children, is RIP for anyone.
>it also wasn't on a fucking Nintendo console.

Then why was Fire Emblem: Awakening the highest-selling Fire Emblem game despite having Nowi in the game?
>>
>>316505145
I'm a substitute teacher and every most of the male kids in my classes mention having an Xbox 360 or even an Xbone at times (they seem to be the main audience for that as well) and if I ever ask them what they play, it's Battlefield, CoD, or Minecraft.
>>
>>316505145
There is only little children on the miiverse, that because no ones uses that thing. Tyranic rules, censorships plus lack of proper features scared all the adults and upper teens away. That thing is dead.
>>
>NoA continue to do what they've been doing for 30 years
>retarded underage fucks / /pol/tards will cry about it being to work of internet SJWs from the last 5 years
>The entire point of it is because the American market is different to the Japanese market and so are catered to differently.
>retarded /pol/tards and other ignorant dipshits will call it self-censorship
>>
>>316505186

If you think that the Fatal Frame girls look old enough to consent in most states in America you need to put down the eroge games. Same for XCX. It doesn't matter what you can see on the beach. It matters what will cause them pain in the press and reduce sales because concerned mothers found out about it. Risk management > weeb sexual desires. Again, unless you guys go out, band together, and make the next Conception II a million seller.
>>
>>316505087
Those people wouldn't have bought the game anyways, so moot point. I somehow doubt Noa or any other company relies much on major news outlets anyways.
>>
>>316505531
>yfw the age of consent in most states is 16
>>
File: 1444629272035.jpg (256 KB, 1223x1077) Image search: [Google]
1444629272035.jpg
256 KB, 1223x1077
>>316505186
>The age is completely superficial

Why do all pedos say this?
>>
>>316505274

So they're censoring a game in Europe and North America, because you've pulled out of your ass that they don't want to get some arbitrary rating in fucking Australia? You're really stretching those arguments.
>>
>>316505520
Five guys and Gamergay was the worst thing to happen to /v/ in a long time.
>>
>>316505698

Mostly because the damage is long lasting.

The buttpain has been lasting for the past 5 years.
>>
>>316505520
>NoA continue to do what they've been doing for 30 years

The degrees of censorship has changed a lot, especially after the ESRB was created, and now it's getting worse again.
>>
>>316505419

Yeah. Subway's sales have gone through the roof since pedo got caught! You have precisely 0% idea what the fuck you're talking about.

You can pull all of these examples out that you want and prove that you're still missing the point. Somebody decided those games were okay for the Murrican market and they were right. In these games they decided they were okay for the Murrican market sans the stuff they think would put them at risk to make people not buy their games. Nobody knows if they're right but it's a decision they made with an entertainment product that abides by the ESRB and public perception (and a public that is very anti-sexualized video games, especially ones with children).
>>
>>316497393
I do you fucking worthless fuck.
>>
>McDonalds, Subway, KFC etc. serve halal meat in india instead of regular
>FUCKING CENSORSHIP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SJWs RUINING MY FREEDOMBURGERS LIBERAL KIKESHIT DEGENERATES DESTROYING THE WEST
>>
>>316505607

The Fatal Frame girls look 15-16 at best. And if it's in that gray area, guess what? Your lewd bikini extras have become an issue to the localization team because they don't want to fuck the risk.
>>
Reminder that treehouse said nothing would be censored lol

>>316505520

What market? They're not fucking marketing the game to begin with.
>>
>>316505274
I never said "sjws". I said individuals with their own beliefs, enforcing those beliefs. Call them what you will. But if they fit that description, then that's who I'm talking about.

1. In America, an M rating actually means that game shops shouldn't sell you the game, unless you provide ID to prove you're an adult, or you have an adult with you to purchase the game.
So basically, an M +15 rating, is actually more lenient than the American rating.

2. The game should be properly rated, in order to ensure parents and other potential buyers purchase games with the content they deem appropriate. That's what the ratings board is for. It's not to ensure that game companies shave the edge off of content, so they can meat the lower rating.

3. Isn't Australia considered pat of the European region when it comes to game releases? Why does America need to be punished, because of Australia's laws?
>>
>>316505698
>>316505520

>LE GABRIELLE GIFFORD BOOGIEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE STOP THOSE GABBY GIFFORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get fucked.
>>
>>316498212
>market sensibilities
aka
offensiveness
>>
>>316503864
>Controversy will always sell.
Nonsense, there are plenty of games that had controversy surrounding them that did not sale well at all. Hatred and Dante's Inferno are two games who pretty much only got press surrounding controversy and in the case of Dante's Inferno it is often cited as one of the reasons the game did not sale.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.