[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game comes out in like 3 days, not a single person talking about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
Game comes out in like 3 days, not a single person talking about it.

Is it, dare I say, going to flop?
>>
>>316489015
Everyone interested in it played beta, so no need to talk about game anymore.
>>
File: 1432875222467.jpg (9 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1432875222467.jpg
9 KB, 251x242
>>316489015
>First Battlefront game in a long time with Star Wars backing it
>Is it going to flop?

Listen, a lot of people will probably buy it, but that sure as hell doesn't mean its good.
>>
Too many big games all at once. COD, fallout, battlefront, halo, tomb raider. TR is guaranteed to be a huge bust until it comes out on the other platforms, and star wars wasn't helped by the fact that not even normies could ignore how bad the beta was
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
No roll, no buy.
>>
>>316489015
>dare I say
hello reddit
>>
>>316489338
I dunno, a lot of my normalfag friends that I played beta with are still interested in the game. Some people just really enjoy eating EAs shit or something.
>>
>>316489371
Hello :)
>>
I'm eager and excited for it, I enjoyed the beta. Every time I come on here to discuss it it's shill this, shill that, battlefront 2 was better. I mean, its not like bf2 was a rushed release with feature bloat and worse than battlefront 1.
>>
All my normie friends are excited for it, so I don't think it will flop. It won't be good, but people will still buy and enjoy it.
>>
>>316489015
I fucking wish it would flop a game advertised as being a perfect recreation of the battles from the movies is less accurate then any star wars game ever
>>
>>316489367
YOU CAN'T ROLL????????????
>>
>>316489367
The rolling was so fun in BF1 and BF2. That said, it was the most BS thing ever. I'd always hide behind a corner as a Paladin or whatever the fuck (rocket launchers) in 3rd person, peeking around the corner. Whenever someone appeared, I'd just roll out and blow them to the sky. Such cheese
>>
It's not canon so why should anyone care?
>>
>>316489015
who cares about Battlefront anyway? It's a boring franchise with really tame mechanics and gameplay

Movie Battles 2 was better than Battlefront 1 and 2 and once again will be leagues ahead of Battlefront 3
>>
>>316489367
That looks retarded anyway. Why would rolling ever be faster than just running away?
Even if it's video games just why would a stormtrooper be faster than a jedi/sith?
>>
>>316489535
>battlefront 2
>all blasters are literally the same between classes.
>Super BDs are fucking pussies.
>shit flying
>xwing and tie fighter same stars
>dark troopers
>imp officers with sonic blasters

Keep telling yourself that
>>
just like titanfall, theres too little content, will massive marketing save it?
>>
>>316489638
they should have restricted rolling and acrobatics only on certain classes like ARC troopers or something

Give basic clones something else instead, like faster running perhaps
>>
>>316489935
>ea battlefront
>scout troppers wielding heavy machine guns
>hoth leia on all maps
>rotj luke on all maps
>guns do not use ammo
>tokens filling the map just like the movies!
>pistols have the fastest fire rate out of every fucking gun
>orbital strikes on hoth
sorry were you saying something?
>>
>>316489631
it's a COD clone. of course you cant
>>
>>316489015
not in /v/ but normies keep talking about it
>>
I don't understand why they keep making each battlefield game smaller and smaller. Just make it CoD than you fucks. Maps are so small now that it isn't even fun. Fuck battlefield, Maps are suppose to be massive.
>>
It's going to be the highest selling game this year, so no. I look forward to your tears.
>>
>>316490360
but then cod kids will get confused and thats who they want, fuck battlefield fans they will buy it no matter what we need cod fans.

So what do they do to battlefront, making it more Codized and when questioned why they can use the excuse "We did not want it to be a battlefield clone"
>>
>>316490168
>battlefront 2
>tantive iv leia all maps
>young obiwan Kenobi fighting with the rebels
>the rebels are literally clones
>rebel y wings are two seaters.
>general grevious's starfighter is a mass produced bomber.
>blasters have ammo
>implying that machine pistols and small form factor smgs aren't a thing IRL
>implying you couldn't do orbital strikes on any map with the probe droid in battlefront 1

We can go all day.
>>
EA gave it to me for free so I'm happy
>>
>>316489015
Most people on /v/ dislike it, the ones that do like it don't talk about here because it's impossible
I'm probably going to buy it, I had a lot of fun with the beta despite the lack of content. First I wait a few days to check out what's actually in the game, though
>>
I really hope it does
>>
>>316490962
not really because you just posted a bunch bullshit, the only thing you were right about is leia and grievous ship
>the rebels are literally clones
yeah because making unique face models you barely notice is so important
>rebel y wings are two seaters
the new battlefront Y wings are bombing raids and not pilot-able
>blasters have ammo
all guns have ammo in the star wars universe that was stated numerous times in the new rebels show
>implying that machine pistols and small form factor smgs aren't a thing IRL
implying you know shit about the dh-17. All they had to due was look at the first fucking scene in a new hope to see its rate of fire.
>implying you couldn't do orbital strikes on any map with the probe droid in battlefront 1
they could have deactivated it for the fucking game mode that revolved around destroying the shields, it is a separate game mode DICE are fucking lazy
besides you can not defend the tokens, they did not fix vehicle camping and they are just fucking stupid
>>
>>316491660
See for me, the beta had two fucking maps (excluding that hirde mode cock tease, but I still got 15 hours out of it. We've got 7 more primary's, 4 new pick ups, like 5 new traits, 4 new item powers, 4 new charge powers, new maps, the maps are unique to each game mode. Sure, only 4 planets, but each planet has multiple maps, and to me, that's fine. Then free jakku dlc for everyone in December. The map dlc is expensive, but isn't it the same price as battlefield dlc?

But I hate discussing it here because Mr. Nostalgia glasses keeps bringing up how much better the older games were.
>>
>>316491881
>the new rebels show

lol

The thing is this is trying to go for an emulation of the original trilogy alone, you never see anyone reloading in them.
>>
File: 1403661657632.png (46 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
1403661657632.png
46 KB, 344x517
>>316491660
>First I wait a few days to check out what's actually in the game, though
I'm doing the 10 hour trial thing on ea access
the content in this game really does match the beta
the maps LOOK different, but they play exactly the same. nothing at all unique about any of them
>consensus
If you enjoyed the beta, you'll enjoy the game. If you didn't enjoy the beta (including if you didn't like the lack of content), you won't enjoy the game.
>>
It will flop just as hard as Fallout 4 did
/v/ is like 0.0000006% of the player base
fags hating on it here dont mean shit
Normies will eat it up like fucking crazy
>>
I got ea access but the damn game just won't start, is there a way to fix it??
>>
>>316492119
the star wars show is canon first of all, second of all watch ANY action movie and see how many times they show people reloading. Usually its one or two scenes, the generic oh no I am out of ammo after shooting 50 fucking bullets out of one pistol, or the love interest talking to the protagonist as he reloads.

If your excuse is they don't reload in the movies you need to take EAs dick out of your mouth.
>>
File: frustrated-man.gif (15 KB, 444x356) Image search: [Google]
frustrated-man.gif
15 KB, 444x356
>>316492194
>the maps LOOK different, but they play exactly the same. nothing at all unique about any of them
damn
>>
>>316492571
Im supposed to hate ea for using a different reloading system or else Im a shill? Rebels may be canon but its also complete trash. I liked the combat in me1 so Ill probably like this.
>>
>>316491881
Well, o e thing real quick, both games have goddamn palpatine being on the battlefield, and that is retarded.
At least in the new battlefront the xwings and firefighters are different. Beta flying did suck, but I'm waiting to see if they fixed it as claimed.
>citing starwars rebels.
Not once did you see anyone reload ever in the originals. It's no longer canon, but in Kotor II, power packs do run out, but its a matter of months. Battlefront games had some blasters with unlimited ammo, so did republic commando. Dark forces series had ammo, but it was a massive pool that didn't need reloading.
I know the dh17 was fired semiautomatic, in fact, all the small arms blasters really fired that way in the original movies. Even the e11 fires too fast in game. I have no in universe explanation other than the tantive iv soldiers had their selector switch on semi, just like how real military personnel fire their m4 carbines on semi.
>>
File: 1404594491154.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1404594491154.gif
2 MB, 245x245
unlimted ammo isn't a big deal anyway
its not a measure of skill or anything, why do people care?
quake 3 arena and UT don't have reload. why? because if you get your head out of 'muh realism' mode, you would realize that reloading in games is useless
>>
>>316492875
watch a movie seriously anyone who uses "they do not reload in the movies" as a reason its ok is pretty retarded. How many action movies show the characters reloading. Plenty of movies have characters firing 6 round revolvers 13 times.

the dh17 can fire semi automatic that is fine. What is not fine is having a faster fire rate then the e11 and every other gun in the beta, it was never that fast maybe 3 quick burst but not fully automatic speed

also if Rebels says it that makes it canon whether you like it or not, its part of the official movie canon
>>
/v/ is way too predictable towards EA releases. No one will try any serious discussion in here. Maybe /vg/.
>>
>>316492356
But since when does /v/ talk about normie games
>>
>>316493304
protip :D you dont have unlimited ammo on quake and UT
>>
>>316493331
Except this is based off the movies alone, not star wars as a whole. The whole thing theure going for is "you are in star wars episode V battling on Hoth" not "ypu are battling on Hoth". If they had done ammo youd have a ton of people saying using ammo makes it too similar to battlefield
>>
guess EA though shilling only during the beta was enough
>>
>>316492571
Blasters don't work off of regular ammunition.
Then run out, but no where near as quickly, and there are different types of projectile weapons. Slug throwers, flechette rifles, bowcasters, and blaster rifles all have different loading systems, and blaster themselves change depending on which gas they use.
>>
>>316493659
>>316493331
Also while most movies dont show reloading often, thats partially because you know that the weapons used require reloading. Star Wats uses completely different technology, so you dont have that background knowledge
>>
>>316489371
I see that used on /sp/ a lot too.
Not everything is reddit/sjw boogeymen family.
>>
>>316493659
>Except this is based off the movies alone
thats just retarded, I get it but ignoring the rest of the canon is stupid, but evens till I do not remember blue floating tokens all over the battlefield, and I certainty do not remember them using orbital strikes in the batte for hoth, doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of the battle? I am not even saying remove orbital strikes just disable them in the one game mode they should not be in. if they removed the tokens completely though and go back to vehicles spawning it would be fine.
>>
>>316489015
The only good thing is that it's essentially nostalgia bait because of the title

Star Wars, no matter how shit it may be, will still get good sales. Not great sales, not record-breaking sales, but good sales, and it helps to be released near a movie (although strangely, it's not tied to the movie in any way to my knowledge)

That and there are a ton of people I know who barely care for Star Wars, but know Battlefront is a good time.

I personally think it looks like shit, so if it flops, maybe they'll learn to make video games again
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-13-13-16-32.png (313 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-13-13-16-32.png
313 KB, 1440x2560
>>316493542
He was trying to say you don't actively reload. Which is only true for quake.
>>316493331
How many action movies aren't star wars? A fucking lot. And those movies? They use firearms. Blasters do not function like firearms.
>>316494227
Lol no
>>
>>316489015
>/v/ wont talk about a game so it most likely to be a flop
Casuals are excited for this game, then add the star wars fanboys and you got yourself a game thats going to sell well
>>
>>316495504
/v/ are casuals
>>
Another reason I think it isn't discussed much is there isn't much to talk about. The beta answered most of the questions about what the game will be like. The full release is probably just new maps and a little rebalancing. I am happy that it looks like ea will have a stable release that'll have good netcode and work on most computers FOR FUCKING ONCE. Unlike most titles this year, they added new content after the initial announcement, instead of cutting it (looking at you metal gear)
>>
>>316496159
Are you prepared for rebels on Hoth always winning a few weeks after release? it was already close to balanced and EA said they'd buffed the Rebels so they're going to be OP now
>>
Nobody should buy it because it's EA raping another franchise into the ground.

This isn't Battlefront, it just another EA DICE shooter with a Star Wars skin.

There isn't enough content to justify $60-$120 dollars they're fucking charge.

They're charging a $50 season pass on the first day.

And yet, with all of the downsides, somebody on /v/ is going to buy it and make a thread about it, enticing others to buy it as well.
>>
>>316497267
Battlefront was battlefield 2 with a star wars skin
>>
>>316489015
I FUCKING KNOW. I know fuck you guys im not allowed to be hyped but fuck it i got the 10 hour ea access trial and I'm having a good time. Way better than what I expected of course my expectations were pretty much shit so thats not surprising. Just a heads up to other anons on xbone theres an achievement that can only be gotten in the ea access bullshit.
>>
>>316497267
No shit sherlock but I would rather have a new franchise that is well made then have no star wars games
>>
>>316495504
Casuals just bough cod 3, halo 5, tomb raider, and fallout 4. Theyve spent they're money only fucking idiot fanboys like me are buying this game.
>>
>>316492194
I think the maps play somewhat different. If you're a big star wars fan I would say you will enjoy the maps but I guess if I step back and just think about it yea they do play similarly but thats really the case with any shooter. I really love the map design especially that tatooine trench map
>>
>>316492119
> you never see anyone reloading in them.
Go watch any movie from that time.
You never see anyone reloading in them.
>>
>>316498483
I was just about to ask how that's any different from battlefront 2. All those maps play the same with two map types. Big open maps with vehicles, and small maps made up of hallways
>>
>>316489912
>Even if it's video games just why would a stormtrooper be faster than a jedi/sith?
They're the same speed, plausibly because the sith is also just walking.

>Why would rolling ever be faster than just running away?
What kind of question is this?
>>
>>316496456
Yeah, that kinda sucks. Day one of beta, I lost as rebels every time. Once everyone figured it out, I was winning every single game I was in regardless of sides.
As a rebel, I'd get an xwing and just fuck up the atst and the atst.
As an imp, run for atst spawn, camp the enemy spawn, get easy 30 kills, blow up, repeat.
If the rebels spawns were fixed, area 3 is a little more covered, and if each ywing added less length on the vulnerability time for the atat, I think it'd be balanced. Rebels couldn't spawn camp, but they wouldn't be able to take the walkers out in area 1 by getting 8+ Y wings.
>>
>>316495504
>casuals
i love how you guys use this to explain any game you arent interested in
>>
>waaaaah muh balance!
War is never even faggots
>>
>>316489015

Epitome of AAA drivel. /v/ is not this game's target audience, that's why nobody here is talking about it.
>>
>>316499597
Good thing it's a video game and not an actual war simulator
>>
>>316499592
Does the word trigger you?
>>
>>316492702
hes being dumb the maps are what make this game imo
>>
>>316489015
going to buy it, the beta was "alright" at best (for me) probably going to be fun because "muh star wars" and "muh nostalgia"
>>
this game blew me away because im the definition of casual and this was one of the first next gen games ive played

seriously the map in the forest is fun as fuck
>>
>>316500473
>this game blew me away because im the definition of casual and this was one of the first next gen games ive played
this exact thing happend to me with watch_dogs after not gaming since around the ps2 era
>>
>>316489015
Yeah interesting, Cod was more shilled then BF
>>
>>316489015
No, it's not going to flop unfortunately. The casuals are going to eat it up.
>>
>>316492356
>Fallout 4
>Flop
Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>316489015
I'm going to enjoy this game on the most artificial level fuelled by nostalgia and I'm not ashamed to admit it
>>
As someone who has never owned the first two battlefront, (I did play and had mad respect for PS2 users who where online during it's prime) I gotta say that while "Muh realism" isn't there like a battlefield game, it's just fun. I found myself not taking it so serious and just enjoying the atmosphere. Even my younger brother dropped like 6 hours playing it and I actually enjoyed watching his style of gameplay. Much different then my own, but I digress.

>Star Wars game will flop?
Not likely.
>Is it fun?
That is all in prospective, but most say yes.
>It's lacks content!
Dude its EA. Everyone should know they are DLC whores by now.
>Muh Singleplayer!
Ya I agree with you. I wish it had a campaign but oh well. They at least tell you there is non before you buy it.

In the end. I will buy the game. Call me a normie or a casual, I just love a good Star Wars shooter.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.