[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do /v/ love these games so much? What's their appeal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 21
File: maxresdefault.jpg (673 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
673 KB, 1920x1200
Why do /v/ love these games so much? What's their appeal?
>>
While they're not difficult, they still require you adopt a specific mindset in order to succeed at them.

It's a quality of high-skill games that somehow made it in souls.
>>
>>316489180
>While they're not difficult
This is probably the main problem with those games. Have you ever described another game with a sentence like this? Nobody gives a shit about the game but everyone always talks about they don't think they are hard to feel better about themself. I beat Ys Oath in Felghana on Inferno, I beat 2hu 6 on lunatic and I still think thsoe games are hard.
>>
I mostly liked Dark Souls for the level design, enemy design, atmosphere, story, lore, and all of the weapons felt different.

Combat in general is meh, and I think it would be better if the story were less cryptic, but they're fun nonetheless.

Anyone playing because of "difficulty" is quite frankly doing it wrong.
>>
>>316489897
>This is probably the main problem with those games. Have you ever described another game with a sentence like this?
This is a really good point. The games try to be hard. Stop denying it for appearances. you may not have found it that hard in your personal experience, but that doesn't change the reality. Fromsoft wants you to die.
>>
>>316489180
>>316489897
Reminder that they are "difficult" so you pay attention and don't just run through the whole game.
>>
>>316489897

>This is probably the main problem with those games.

I'd say they're more "punishing" than "hard". Like if you die at a boss, you have to walk all the way from a bonfire/lamp which is the more annoying part.

You can beat tons of bosses on the first playthough the first time if you're careful.

You just have to be patient which I think is the toughest parts about the game. Most games program you to be aggressive, which doesn't work in Souls/BB
>>
>>316490143
OP asked about Dark Souls 2 though.
>level design
>enemy design
>all of the weapons felt different

meh
>>
>>316489897
>Nobody gives a shit about the game but everyone always talks about they don't think they are hard to feel better about themself.
This isn't how it goes.
The games aren't very hard, but they are very easy to fuck up.
This leads to the game feeling proportionally harder in the beginning than it does later in the difficulty curve. It also slams a lot of people to ground to play a game where there's no difficulty progression, it starts out at a set level and maintains it through. It also makes the game seem harder, as people assume it's going to get harder later on even when just the beginning is hard.
>>
>>316488164
Both Dark Souls II and Bloodborne panned a lot of opinions. Dark Souls II having a lot of questionable quality with the designs, and Bloodborne not having as much going for it in the first place.
>>
>>316490552

>OP asked about Dark Souls 2 though.

I think he was just talking From games in general.
>>
>>316488164
dark souls 1 is the best game i played in decades, mostly cause of the atmosphere.
da2 had none of this, because fast travel ruined everything. i could paint out the entire dark souls map in my head but have no idea about dark souls 2, cause u can teleport everwhere.
>>
>>316491161
>Dark Souls II having a lot of questionable quality with the designs
You mean with fanboys magically forgetting and ignoring all the flaws that DaS2 shares with DaS1/DeS?
> Bloodborne not having as much going for it in the first place.
Bloodborne has literally everything going for it. Only sour grapes PCfags actually buy into that "it's a letdown" or "there's no replayability" garbage.
>>
>>316488164
Offer a decent challenge, you can enjoy them simply for gameplay, but there is enough lore for people who like that too, lots of weapon and enemy variety.

I just think they're fun
>>
>>316488164
Because it has a pleasant risk and reward mechanic where it actually gets easier to play the more confident you play
>>
Risk and reward gameplay. Not many games have that anymore. They arent super hardcore difficult but if you fuck up you are punished without scrutiny. Personally, I like the aesthetics and simplistic combat.
>>
>>316491506
>You mean with fanboys magically forgetting and ignoring all the flaws that DaS2 shares with DaS1/DeS?
Ignoring the previous games those are the reasons it wasn't as well received.
Especially considering the first game those problems should have been fixed by then.
>Bloodborne has literally everything going for it.
Can I play a knight with sword and shield or a barbarian with a battle axe?

No I can't, and not having such basic things or even similar stuff for variety is very limiting. There's no point in character progression systems when it ends up playing the same no matter what you do with it.
>>
>>316491506
My own personaly gripe with Bloodborne is the aesthetics, Im not a fan of old victorian era. Other than that though the game plays brilliantly.

Hoping DaS takes a page from Bloodborne and uses lots of monsters as enemies rather than just variations of men in armour.
>>
>>316488164
If you seriously the Dark Souls series compare to Bloodborne I feel sorry for you PKek.

After I played Bloodborne I can't touch Dark Souls ever again, worse in every aspect.
>>
>>316492130
>Ignoring the previous games those are the reasons it wasn't as well received
The game didn't ignore it's predecessors. The fans did. They came into DaS2 expecting it to surpass a fictional nostalgia fantasy version of DaS1 that had nearly no major flaws.
>Can I play a knight with sword and shield or a barbarian with a battle axe?
It's not a fucking dark fantasy RPG. Criticizing it for not being one is dumb. You can play plenty of archetypes within the rules and setting of Bloodborne's world.
> not having such basic things or even similar stuff for variety is very limiting
Clearly you haven't played it. Stop pretending you know about it.
>There's no point in character progression systems when it ends up playing the same no matter what you do with it.
Good thing Bloodborne has lots of distinct playstyles and archetypes.

>>316492314
I hear what you're sayingb, but I find it frustrating that people are dissatisfied when fighting humanoid enemies. They're almost always the most enjoyable. It's like some fans are just mindless sightseers and don't care about much else.
>>
>>316492314
>rather than just variations of men in armour.
Fuck off Dark Souls has tons of monsters.
>>
>>316492314
>Hoping DaS takes a page from Bloodborne and uses lots of monsters as enemies rather than just variations of men in armour.
They probably will. They've already stated that they're going to try to learn both from the mistakes made in Bloodborne as well as Dark Souls II but also try to find the strong points in each.
This is part of how they're now developing Dark Souls III. On a side note, it looks like they're back to claustrophobic mazes of towns and castles with lot of verticality, much like in DaS1 and BB and unlike DaS2's more open areas.
>>
>>316492130
fool, don't criticize BB...

Even if you played it you madman, you'll get shit on. Don't you dare voice your opinion about this game, the fanboys are already on their way.
>>
>>316492613
>The game didn't ignore it's predecessors. The fans did. They came into DaS2 expecting it to surpass a fictional nostalgia fantasy version of DaS1 that had nearly no major flaws.
Okay. I'm not affected since it has nothing to do with the actual game.
>It's not a fucking dark fantasy RPG. Criticizing it for not being one is dumb. You can play plenty of archetypes within the rules and setting of Bloodborne's world.
Not having archetypes is one thing. But those archetypes would come with different playstyles, something Bloodborne lacked. I just couldn't bring myself to play for a second time though I tried, there wasn't much to enjoy there.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls offer much more variety and not just in character development, it's definitely a very important thing to the series. Not having it in BB to such extent demonstrated why it's needed. It was one thing Miyazaki said about the development of DaS3.
>>
>>316493035
>retard who hasn't played it giving support to another retard who hasn't played it

If you or he had played it at all he'd know that a sword and board or a berserker with an axe are both perfectly viable and supported by BB.
>>
>>316493141
>But those archetypes would come with different playstyles, something Bloodborne lacked
Again, you're clearly showing me your inexperience or lack of experience with the game. There's plenty of playstyles. Seriously.

>Demon's Souls and Dark Souls offer much more variety and not just in character development, it's definitely a very important thing to the series.
Sure, but you're still dead wrong about Bloodborne. That's all.
> It was one thing Miyazaki said about the development of DaS3.
I know. Nobody thinks Bloodborne's optional rival a traditional "Souls" game, but you're hugely underselling what BB does actually have. Because you're working off hearsay. Because you haven't played it.
>>
>>316493035
>the fanboys are already on their way
Unlike the DaS 1 babbies who are already here at all hours.
>>
>>316492684
Yeah which is all good, but 2 doesn't.

Hell, even humanoid enemies in 1 felt more varied. Painting Guardians/Dancers, Balder Knights, even Silver and Black Knights all felt pretty distinct to fight against. They don't share animations or timings, you don't learn how the other works by learning one.
>>
>>316493181
Bloodborne was disappointing.

Nice try tho senpai.
>>
>>316493508
>They don't share animations or timings
Which is why you can parry every single one in the first swing.
>>
>>316493537
nice try pkek
>>
>>316493429
>There's plenty of playstyles. Seriously.
Gimme something like a greatshield build or equivalent. I'm bored to death of "press O at the right time" being the only challenge in the game.

The only good playstyle seems to be gun and medium weapon.
>>
File: IMAG0043.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0043.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>316493537
Forgot my pic

>>316493436
Please, no fans are more rabid than BB's one to yell "Keks! Keks! Never ever! You obviously didn't play the game else you would have sucked it's cock just as I do!"
>>
>>316491506
>Only sour grapes PCfags actually...
Wow leave it up to consolefag to shit up the thread, holy shit.
>>
>>316493695
Holy shit you are dumb

That's like criticizing a medieval fantasy game for not having an assault rifle build

Get off it, retard
>>
>>316493732
>Please, no fans are more rabid than BB's
Unlike your won fanbase which is daisies and Miyazaki semen shots.
>>
>>316493695
This is a stupid argument. Its like playing a token shooter and wondering why you cant wield a sword because you could in another game. That said, Dark Souls had way more variety in builds and thus more replay ability, a failing in Bloodborne. Bloodborne is not Dark Souls, stop expecting it to be a 1 to 1 transition of the gameplay and mechanics, they each have their own mechanics setting and world, you shouldnt expect them to play the exact same as eachother and have the same selection of builds to use, they are not the same game.
>>
>>316493695
>Gimme something like a greatshield build or equivalent
The game was specifically designed to move away from slow/defensive stuff like that.
>I'm bored to death of "press O at the right time" being the only challenge in the game.
Oh but "hold down L1" is so much more fun and challenging?
>>
File: 1447290524092.png (28 KB, 564x450) Image search: [Google]
1447290524092.png
28 KB, 564x450
>>316493537
It really wasn't tho.
>>
>>316488164
Bloodborne was my first souls game, i liked it so much, is dark souls 2 worth picking up? I don't have a ps3 anymore to buy demon souls and dark souls 1
>>
>>316494048
If you liked it you may aswell try the others. Souls games are slower than Bloodborne, they have the same risk reward gameplay but at a different pace and setting. Theyre all good games.
>>
>>316493870
I like souls games, BB inculded.

BB has it's flaws, big ones.

You on the other hand, are just so blindly loving the game for a victory in the console wars that you can't see why it's a bad addition to the franchise.

BB was good. But disappointing.
>>
>>316494048
Skip DaS 2, it's awful. The creative lead was absent.
>>
>>316493429
>Nobody thinks Bloodborne's optional rival a traditional "Souls" game,
Everyone who was noting it as the next big "replacement" for Dark Souls II disagrees.
>but you're hugely underselling what BB does actually have. Because you're working off hearsay. Because you haven't played it.
Nice guesswork, but for a Souls veteran it didn't have much going for it.
Seems like they're too fixated on the whole difficulty thing.
>>316494000
>Oh but "hold down L1" is so much more fun and challenging?
It's as difficult/easy since tapping O periodically is not a challenge for someone who's spent literal years doing it.
But it'd be interesting for the gameplay to see how much more shit you can done while you're not doing *teleports behind you* which is just tedious.
But Bloodborne doesn't have this sort of room for variety the other Souls games have.
>>
>>316488164
methodical gameplay
>>
>>316488164
They're like what 3D castlevania should have been
>>
>>316494198
I haven't even touched a Playstation in years, keep being deluded you giant ass.
>>
File: 61317486.jpg (137 KB, 474x527) Image search: [Google]
61317486.jpg
137 KB, 474x527
>>316493732

i agree
the gameplay and especially the combat are nothing special, nothing original or interesting.

and the entire game is just some gameworld with ctrl+v enemies pasted around the place, and literally nothing else.
a very low production cost.

and seriously, im not impressed by the whole bossfight gimmick, where you have to fight some huge boss, im not 12 anymore so the size doesnt impress me, the entire game relies on this one single gimmick over and over again.
its really stupid
>>
>>316494048
SotFS version of DaS 2 is great, comes with all 3 DLCs which are top notch.
Don't expect the game to be as fast as Bloodborne.
>>
>>316494048
There's a PC version of dark souls 1 as well

All of the souls games are pretty similar in quality, all things considered. The "dark souls 2 is bad" thing is just a meme
>>
>>316494256
>Everyone who was noting it as the next big "replacement" for Dark Souls II disagrees
Nobody noted it as such. You bought into shitposting and consolewar idiocy.
>Nice guesswork
It's a guess, but that doesn't make it wrong. If you had actually played the game, you'd be making different complaints and know that a lot of the shit you've tried to push isn't actually true.
>It's as difficult/easy since tapping O periodically is not a challenge for someone who's spent literal years doing it.
Oh, so now you're such a pro that you can dodge perfectly and find the experience equal in challenge when compared to shield turtling by lazily holding down L1?
>>
>>316494226
I wouldnt call it awful, its still a good game, it just doesnt measure up to the other games. So many people dealing in absoloutes with this series. Its either shit or its the crowning example of gaming. Theyre all very good games.
>>
>>316494259
Not in DaS2 though.
DPS all the way. Dark Rapier with Dark Weapon is the worst nightmares of every NPC enemy.

I don't really know why but this wasn't effective at all in DeS or DaS. You could try to just outdamage everything but ultimately it's always a better idea to play it careful instead.
>>
File: 1447226166738.png (571 KB, 1136x757) Image search: [Google]
1447226166738.png
571 KB, 1136x757
>>316494395
If you played bloodborne you surely have in the last year.

If you didn't the whole argument was nil from the start. You can still keep your face by saying you were merely pretending.
>>
>>316494603
It was so bad I quit at the pirate cove with skyrim zombies that have no business being in a souls game
>>
love all these comparisons of fully realized souls games with all patches launched vs Bloodborne that will still be getting update and content support (one landing this very month)

The johnny come latlys to fromsoft games are a joy to watch
>>
>>316494048

Dark Souls 2 is completely skippable. Whatever delusional trolls try to tell you it's just a bad game.
>>
>>316494568
This. Just play whichever ones you want OP, you really can't go wrong
>>
>>316494702
You sound like a big bitch.
>>
>>316494613
in ds1 you could r1 spam the zwie and murder every npc so....
>>
File: 1401638211049.png (201 KB, 320x289) Image search: [Google]
1401638211049.png
201 KB, 320x289
>>316494861
>DaS2babbies
>>
>>316494724
That's retarded.

Last year DaS 2 was out and you could have said the same about people shitting on DaS 2 and praising the first saying "lol DaS doesn't even get support while DaS 2 gets THREE DLC's on the way, that's the proof it's the better game!"

When DaS3 is out you can say byebye to your already dead Bloodborne online or any additionnal DLC.

I'm probably gonna buy that DLC but don't be stupid.
>>
>>316494982
>didn't explore the lore
>never realized No Man's Wharf is a slave labor camp for enslaved Pirates that Vendrick conquered.

>>316495040
>dead Bloodborne online
I can find multiplayer activity any time anywhere so long as I have the appropriate blood level.
>>
>>316494702
As much as I hated that area myself it was fairly short and straightforward. Take your Prozac and get back in the booth. People saying there were monsters in the game seem to forget that most mobs you fight frequently are humanoids, which are just so fucking boring to face. DaS 3 is apparently taking note from Bllodborne and pumping it full of monsters and wierd shit thankfully.
>>
>>316494581
>Nobody noted it as such.
Stop posting anytime. Everyone wanted it to be the next big RPG so we could already forget DaS2.
But here we are, because BB never delivered. It never even tried to offer what DaS/DeS did.
>Oh, so now you're such a pro that you can dodge perfectly and find the experience equal in challenge when compared to shield turtling by lazily holding down L1?
And you can't?
The previous games give you less i-frames and penalize you with much heavier stamina consumption than Bloodborne(it's about 4 rolls and you're out at the beginning of DaS2), when BB went and just gave everyone a free DWGR abusing the shit out of it was the natural thing to do.

It also doesn't make for a very satisfying gameplay in the long run. The only way they offset the player's new power was to remove a whole mechanic from the game(shields) and make the enemies shell out more damage.
Exactly what makes the game tedious. It's not hard, but it's like roulette, once it takes a shit on you it's for real.
>>
>>316495129
It's still pretty dead. I'm waiting for DLC to freshen things up.
>>
>>316495168
I didn't quit because it was hard, I quit because the level design was shit and art style is absolutely incoherent and uninspired. Viking draugr straight out skyrim, black monsters out of cloverfield.

And apparently the game only gets worse.
>>
>>316495168
Not him, but I can't agree with No Man's Wharf being exactly short. I spent plenty of healing items there, more importantly breaking two different weapons on my first playthrough.
It's kinda confusing to navigate when you're unfamiliar, partly because of how dark it is.
>>
>>316495178
>Everyone wanted it to be the next big RPG so we could already forget DaS2.
No. Shitposting idiots said that. Nobody else. Says a lot about you that you got taken in by shitposting children.
>The previous games give you less i-frames and penalize you with much heavier stamina consumption than Bloodborne
That doesn't change the fact that shields and brainless, no skill garbage and you're ADORABLE for implying you wanted greatshields in BB so you could have a challenge.
>The only way they offset the player's new power was to remove a whole mechanic from the game(shields) and make the enemies shell out more damage.
And change the way enemies are designed in terms of behavior.
> It's not hard, but it's like roulette, once it takes a shit on you it's for real.
What the fuck kind of half-baked argument or statement is that?
>>
>>316495040
Bloodborne is different enough from "souls" games it will be healthy

Also different publishers friend

Online isn't dead, that's a meme made from redditors and their level 200+s

you can coop anywhere in the game within a min or 2 at level 50, (central yarn will pull you almost always into NG+)

Invasions for level 50s happen easy in all areas after the forbidden woods

Ds1 surivived 2 ds2 launches and bloodborne

Bloodborne will survive ds3 easy. And doubly so as its all concentrated on 1 platform
>>
File: 1430278561179.jpg (24 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
1430278561179.jpg
24 KB, 250x309
>>316495319
I'm happy I don't have the same views on continuing a game as yours.

>Don't like that
>RUINED, NEVER TOUCHING THAT SHIT AGAIN
>AND DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT LEVEL DESIGN I'LL SHIT ON MY DISK TRAY
>>
>>316495616
It's not like that at all. I found the shortcut, went back to the bonfire, turned the game off for the night and just never wanted to return. It's just not a good game. Not engaging in the slightest.
>>
Great fucking game design is what makes them amazing.
>>
>>316495709
Try again m8. Once youve done it you dont need to go back and can see the actually interesting areas of the game. It doesnt get as inspired as the other games but it gets more interesting looking at last.
>>
File: bloodborne-10.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-10.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
http://elitegamer.ie/bloodborne-righting-dark-souls-2s-wrongs/

^that's why.
>>
>>316494048

>Bloodborne was my first souls game, i liked it so much, is dark souls 2 worth picking up?

You'll want to get Dark Souls for PC (should be around five dollars on sites like G2A, or you could wait for a Steam sale.) Then, download DSFix, a free simple tweak that'll let you run the game in 60fps/1440p or whatever resolution you want.

Now, you may be wondering why I recommend Dark Souls 1 over 2. Consider DS2 to be more of an expansion pack. It's significantly less inspired. DS1 has unique bosses, landscapes, enemies, and characters. Creativity is baked into every aspect of the game.

Dark Souls 2, while still being an excellent game, is far less imaginative.
>>
>>316495891
It'll have to wait until I finish bloodborne and its upcoming DLC

Another thing is I really don't like the feel of the combat, feels sluggish as hell despite the game running 60fps. Though I heard adaptability helps that.
>>
>>316495440
>No. Shitposting idiots said that.
Lots of people said it and were convinced by it. It doesn't help now to go "we were just pretending!".
>That doesn't change the fact that shields and brainless, no skill garbage and you're ADORABLE for implying you wanted greatshields in BB so you could have a challenge.
It would be funny to see more people like you be triggered by the supposed "challenge" of these games because the level of difficulty doesn't improve these games one bit.
>And change the way enemies are designed in terms of behavior.
Not really. It was bit harder to bait them one by one. The AI just makes different decisions now that it has more stamina to use.
>What the fuck kind of half-baked argument or statement is that?
Do you know how roulette works?
It makes you slowly gain money only to rob it all and more quickly from you.
Bloodborne uses similar pacing with the difficulty, once you do go down it happens in just couple of hits.
Whether or not that happens is most of the time based on whether you timed pressing O right or not. Such binary challenge isn't very engaging, but a lot of boss fights end up being almost solely about this.
The whole game is all about this.
If there was real build variety, you could have it otherwise, but no.
>>
>>316496081

>Dark Souls 2, while still being an excellent game

It's not.
>>
>>316496231
I dunno, bellbros are pretty fun tbqh
>>
>>316495521
>Ds1 surivived 2 ds2 launches and bloodborne
On PC. 360's dead. PS3 is hackers and gankers.
Demon's Souls online is dead. It's exclusive like BB.
But it didn't have the disadvantage of being behind paywall like BB. I tried the PSN+ trial but couldn't connect to anyone within 2 days and about 12 hours of game.
>>
>>316496359
It's a good game, a decent game but it's not great or excellent.
>>
>>316496407
>I tried the PSN+ trial but couldn't connect to anyone within 2 days and about 12 hours of game

lol

PC is hackers and stat reseters

Also DeS died cause the userbase didn't explode like ds1 ever did. it Still has a level 60 community tho

Bloodborne is different enough from a souls game, it will be fine.

Fuck I still put on my executioner oath and password my small bell and oath invade vilebloodss in the unseen villege.
>>
>>316496182
>Lots of people said it and were convinced by it
No. They weren't. It was all shitposting morons and legitimate retards.
>It would be funny to see more people like you be triggered by the supposed "challenge" of these games because the level of difficulty doesn't improve these games one bit.
This didn't actually make a point or move the discussion further. You're just using buzzwords and making offtopic remarks.
>Not really. It was bit harder to bait them one by one.
That's not what I'm talking about and not even true. Most of the group aggro in the game occurs when enemies "raise the alarm".
>. The AI just makes different decisions now that it has more stamina to use.
The way their attacks and behaviors were designed is distinctly different from DaS1/2. The amount of lunging and forwards rushing found in BB outweighs pretty much the rest of the series combined. BB enemies go right for your throat and go so aggressively. The dodge is the only thing keeping you safe/sane.
>It makes you slowly gain money only to rob it all and more quickly from you.
No, that's not how roulette WORKS. That's how roulette GOES.
>Bloodborne uses similar pacing with the difficulty
This is a nonsense claim that makes no sense.
>Such binary challenge isn't very engaging,
You're cute with your attempts to improve your vocabulary usage here.
> lot of boss fights end up being almost solely about this.
Because skill testing bossfights are the only fun ones. Everything else comes down to being a gimmick. BB's bosses are the best in series history.
>If there was real build variety, you could have it otherwise, but no.
No. That's your childish attachment to the Dark Souls style. Bloodborne is markedly and purposefully different. Game still has build variety, just not the shit YOU seem autistically fixated on.

Regardless, you're still just proving to me with increasing certainty that you haven't played the game and probably aren't even old enough to be on 4chan. Give up.
>>
>>316496889
>PC is hackers and stat reseters
All banned. You can do it yourself if FROM didn't already.
>>
>>316497017
PVP watch kitten doesn't do shit
I Know I have 8k hours in ds1 PC
Only works on babbys first hacks
>>
>>316496936
>You didn't play the game.tiff.exe.tga

Get over it, some people bought a PS4 and Bloodborne, being huge soulsfags, and felt let down.

At least we won the console war :^)
>>
File: 1444623201582.jpg (581 KB, 2764x2064) Image search: [Google]
1444623201582.jpg
581 KB, 2764x2064
>People still complaining about variety in BB when DLC is bringing 15 new weapons.
>>
>>316497274
>being huge soulsfags, and felt let down.

probly cause you expected it to be a dark souls game

since it did not interfere with the ~2 year dev cycle of dark souls games, Bloodborne is its own beast
>>
>>316497274
>some people bought a PS4 and Bloodborne, being huge soulsfags, and felt let down.
Sure. But this one specific guy, has obviously not played the game. He's made specific knowledge mistakes that prove it. If he had played it, he wouldn't accuse it of lacking axe berserker or sword'n'board builds.
>>
>>316497293

If people were judging games by their DLC's DaS2 would be a good game.
>>
>>316488164
Dark Souls 2 has a fuckton of options and variety in what you can do, (and despite it's overall quality being lower than DaS1, it's still fun) while Bloodborne has the atmosphere and the better gameplay.

its also gothic victorian london so it has that meme magic behind it as well.
>>
Goddamn I'm hype for the BB expansion. They better fucking add a reliable way to get bloodstone chunks and blood rocks in the DLC because they'll pretty much double the amount of weapons in the game. It'd shit myself in rage if I had to go to fucking chalice dungeons to get blood rocks for the new weapons.
>>
>>316497509
thing is ds2 day one and ds2 after all patched support are 2 different games, especially pvp

However those 2 versions of ds2 are both shit

Bloodborne is good from the start, it can only improve barring another 1.04 like update (luckily 1.05 fixed that.)
>>
>>316497464
That would be true if BB fanboys didn't spent their whole time bashing DaS2 saying it's superior in every way.

>>316497486
Feeling let down cause some features are not in a game you play doesn't mean you didn't play it... No?
>>
>>316497676
they are changing the chalice system, probly gonna make the first 3 depth optional
>>
>BB is more compacted than Souls, therefore it's bad

Epic meme, /v/
>>
>>316496936
>No. They weren't. It was all shitposting morons and legitimate retards.
You claiming whatever doesn't change it. It's not even justified claim, just lies.
>This didn't actually make a point or move the discussion further. You're just using buzzwords and making offtopic remarks.
The point is that by increasing the difficulty you're not making the game any better. The converse is also true, if adding variety makes the game easier it's still a good decision since being slightly easier doesn't make the game any less fun, but since the player now has the choice to do more stuff the game is more fun.
>The dodge is the only thing keeping you safe/sane.
Which is just downright downgrade from being able to either parry, dodge, block, poisebreak or using counter damage and making the trade worth it instead. Good job forgetting about BB's parry function though.
>No, that's not how roulette WORKS. That's how roulette GOES.
That's actually how it's designed to function because it's effective in making people waste their money. Don't ask me to tell you more about this subject though.
>You're cute with your attempts to improve your vocabulary usage here.
And your insults aren't convincing anyone.
>Because skill testing bossfights are the only fun ones.
It's not a very skill testing fight since it doesn't take much skill to time some button presses. You're given so much i-frames that your foorwork or spacial awareness don't matter.
>Bloodborne is markedly and purposefully different.
The differences don't end up to the game's benefit though, even Miyazaki kinda admits this.
>Game still has build variety, just not the shit YOU seem autistically fixated on.
You're still coming up with more insults than examples, so I doubt it.
>>
>>316497763
>That would be true if BB fanboys didn't spent their whole time bashing DaS2 saying it's superior in every way.

>caring what others think

>thinking that has any baring on the quality and design goals of a game

>ever
>>
>>316497293
Maybe there's 2 or three usable ones.
That's how it usually goes with FROM's DLC.
>>
>>316497780
Well, that'd actually make it alright. You know what would make it even better? After completing all the depths once you have access to them on every character. That would fix a lot of tedium in the game.
>>
>>316497763
>Feeling let down cause some features are not in a game you play doesn't mean you didn't play it
But the point is, those features ARE in the game. He can be an axe barbarian or a sword and board fighter. If he had played it, he'd know.

>>316497869
>The point is that by increasing the difficulty you're not making the game any better.
In your opinion. For you.
>parry, dodge, block, poisebreak or using counter damage
BB has all of the above though. This is why I know you haven't played it.

Discussion over.
>>
>>316497686
Sorry to break it down this way and don't take it as a meme post but it's just opinions.

Bloodborne wasn't good from the start for me, not bad either but far from satifying especially after dishing out over 300 just to have my dose of souls.

Just as much as I find DaS2 post DLC / Patches a very enjoyable experience.
>>
>>316497983
id love it if you had the yarn stone you could share inventories with your other characters
>>
File: 1401356458870.jpg (80 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1401356458870.jpg
80 KB, 400x533
>>316488164
>dark souls 2

Only delusional fags love this game
>>
>>316498175
agreed
>>
>>316498015
>In your opinion. For you.
My opinion is valid. You can't even justify yours. I can.
If such simple gameplay focusing on the barebones mechanics is enough to satisfy you for full 50 hours then I don't have to take your opinions seriously.
>BB has all of the above though. This is why I know you haven't played it.
This is how I know you're just trying to bullshit your way through. Poisebreaking doesn't work, since poise has been reworked (again). You can't both parry or block, you have to be prepared for either or.
>>
>>316497763
>That would be true if BB fanboys didn't spent their whole time bashing DaS2 saying it's superior in every way.
well problem is DaS2 is shit compared to Des / daS and BB
>>
File: wooden_shield.jpg (27 KB, 408x409) Image search: [Google]
wooden_shield.jpg
27 KB, 408x409
>>316498303
>You can't both parry or block
What's this then?
>>
>>316498303
>. Poisebreaking doesn't work
Wrong.
>You can't both parry or block
Wrong. you can have a gun in the right hand and a shield in the left.

Stop being so fucking stupid and just fuck off already. You haven't played the game and you're speaking from a place of ignorance.
>>
>>316498482
You know exactly how useless that thing is. Ever having to resort to this demonstrates how much you're grasping at this point.
>>
>>316498303
>Poisebreaking doesn't work
it does PVE I know all the poise breaks on bosses with the kirkhammer, hunteraxe, wheel and I know when the poise comes back

Ill info dump it all on fextra once the patch support is over for bb and I know the info wont be obsolete
>>
>>316498560
>Wrong. you can have a gun in the right hand and a shield in the left.
Why would you make such a retarded build? Make something actually functional.
>>
>>316498586
you can block with the kirkhammer to using its running attack or backstep attack.

Ludwigs has a similar move
>>
File: 1435688369725.png (41 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1435688369725.png
41 KB, 256x256
GUYS BE HONEST

WHICH GAME IS FUNNER???

BLOODBORNE OR FALLOUT 4 ON SURVIVAL MODE??
>>
>>316498753
Wait, that move actually blocks attacks? That's pretty fucking cool, I never knew.
>>
File: What a nice day.webm (3 MB, 680x384) Image search: [Google]
What a nice day.webm
3 MB, 680x384
>>316488164
It's like a traditional rpg
>adventure
>job/class
>equipment/item
>explore dungeon and shit
>like all those old turn-based japanese rpg, except it is fucking full action

That's it.
That's just it.
>>
>>316498753
You can block with almost any weapon in Dark Souls, there's plenty of shields to pick from. More weapons than that also have those exact moves.
>>
File: Reiterpallasch.jpg (47 KB, 1280x207) Image search: [Google]
Reiterpallasch.jpg
47 KB, 1280x207
>>316498697
>Why would you make such a retarded build?
The gun is also a rapier you dumb fucking retard. Still think you know all about Bloodborne?
>>
>>316498925
>You can block with almost any weapon in Dark Souls,
WOAH REALLY?

WOAH
O
A
H
>>
>>316499037
Can't believe they didn't think to implement that liberty of choice in Bloodborne, huh.
>>
>>316499180
>liberty of choice
I prefer the new l2 movesets/xform attacks (saw cleavers is amazing) that were implemented on purpose over blocking that was taken out on purpose

Sorry the game does not pander to you
>>
>>316498175
Dark Souls 2 has best bosses, though.
>>
File: 1401638211053.png (84 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1401638211053.png
84 KB, 240x228
>>316499518
>Dark Souls 2 has best bosses, though.
>>
>>316499459
The game could have implemented that without removing any of the features though.
They just had to not have that instant healing button always available for the casual audience.

Good thing they're fixing their mistakes with Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>316499594
I'm still right and deep down you know it. It's okay, you can cry.
>>
>>316499747
>>
File: 1428689698468.jpg (118 KB, 706x986) Image search: [Google]
1428689698468.jpg
118 KB, 706x986
>>316499803
Still right.
>>
>>316499651

>They just had to not have that instant healing button always available for the casual audience.

this is legit a talking point from like alpha that got stabbed to death already, I have not seen this brought up in 2015 till now. grasping much?

>Good thing they're fixing their mistakes with Dark Souls 3.

Darksouls 3 was in dev at the same time as bloodborne and has its own design goals
>>
>>316492130
>Can I play a knight with sword and shield or a barbarian with a battle axe?
you can actually. theres literally knight armor and a shield.
>>
File: 1343573222022.jpg (30 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1343573222022.jpg
30 KB, 367x451
>>316499594
>>316499803
>>
>>316500268
all me
>>
>>316500139
>Darksouls 3 was in dev at the same time as bloodborne and has its own design goals
And for at least 8 more months after BB's release.
It's also designed very obviously similar just like BB was. There's no major design concepts that keep changing and the gameplay remains extremely similar. They're just trying to pick the problems they had with BB and DaS2 and now avoid them in DaS3.
>>
>>316498586

>wooden shield
>useless

Granted, you can't use it like a 100% shield in Dark Souls, but it's a great tool to use against gunspammers and completely stops certain weapons such as the Blades of Mercy and the Threaded Cane, and it even stops the sword forms of the Kirkhammer and Ludwig's Holy Blade. It definitely does its job well.
>>
>>316500853
>It's also designed very obviously similar just like BB was. There's no major design concepts that keep changing and the gameplay remains extremely similar. They're just trying to pick the problems they had with BB and DaS2 and now avoid them in DaS3.

This is bullshit

I played the Ds3 network test, it plays NOTHING like bloodborne

Im now convinced you are trolling, im done wasting my time with you. I wont read your response, ive debunked and stabbed every talking point you had and you keep moving goalposts and deflecting

I wont read your response. im out
>>
>>316501195
I played it at friends too and checked plenty of videos. It's no more different from other Souls games (including Bloodborne) than the rest.
>>
File: yeassprettygud.gif (2 MB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
yeassprettygud.gif
2 MB, 350x250
>>316488164
>What's their appeal?

You know that feeling when you spend all day cleaning your house, which before you cleaned it seemed like a daunting, impossible task that you would never complete. Then, when all seems lost and shit is still piled up everywhere, you somehow find the endurance to complete your job, sit down on your couch....

VICTORY ACHIEVED

Dark Souls embodies the older styles of gaming, overcoming a large task that upon first viewing, seems impossible, even illogical to complete, but once you do, instills the best feeling one can enjoy in gaming.

The feeling that you, my good sir, accomplished something.

Halo can't into that, anon.
>>
i pirated ds2 on pc and the first couple hours were boring and i thought the combat was a bit too slow. should i give it another try? does it get better?
>>
>>316501602
DaS 2 is the worst in the series, play DaS before you try to stomach it.
>>
>>316501602
It gets more interesting later on, but the slow combat is just something you have to get used to.
DaS2 was kind of a game made for the fans of the first game, play that first at least. It's more of a good game on its own merits. The combat is somewhat faster, way more responsive and the level design is definitely better overall.
>>
>>316502763
>>316502370
not that guy but i just need a confirmation about das2. everything about the game is now out right? dlc, new version with better dx etc
i played des and ds b4, but i dropped the first version of das2 because i heard there will be a better one coming out later
>>
>>316503020
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is the final game. There's three DLCs included and I don't think it's getting any more patches.
>>
File: 1203347037018.png (14 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1203347037018.png
14 KB, 520x520
>>316501547
>implying /v/ cleans anything and doesn't just live in filth
>>
>>316503305
>he doesnt live with his mom so she can clean the room and give free blow/hand job
tip top kek
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.