[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wandering around in fallout 4 >approach some random farm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
>wandering around in fallout 4
>approach some random farm I found, first area I've been to in the game
>character approaches me and starts talking
>tells me that his daughter or something was killed by raiders, a faction I have zero knowledge about
>my character is wearing a full set of raider armor - why he didn't shoot me on sight I have no idea
>after less than a minute of conversation, he tells my character (who looks like a raider, and whose name he doesn't even know) to go on a literal suicide mission to a raider base to get a fucking pointless memento of his daughter that I never met
>my character agrees to go murder some random people this random dude asked him to, despite being weak, distraught and disoriented from 200 years of cryosleep

This game is fucking terrible. Are all the sidequests like this?
>>
>>316484286

It gets worse. Wait until you reach the minutemen. The conversations are absolutely retarded. The main story moves so quickly it's unbelievable. Attempting to suspend disbelief is impossible - all of the dialogue is so disconnected and disjointed with the world in which you're playing.

Horrible writing.
>>
>>316484286
all of them desu senpai
>>
>>316484286
all this FO4 shit has got me right back into FO1 and i am loving every second. Can't wait to play 2. I've owned it on steam for ages but i've never actually played it
>>
>>316484989
What was the name of that badass plasma weapon. The turbo plasma rifle or something.

That was a face melting rape machine.
>>
File: 1366504988067.jpg (31 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
1366504988067.jpg
31 KB, 526x300
>>316484286
>go to dymon sity
>sith paranoia everywhere
>go save valentine
>no one give a fuck he is sinth
>>
>>316484570
>It gets worse. Wait until you reach the minutemen.
I literally alt+F4'd after getting to the raider camp. I was smashing some raider with a pipe iron and after watching him grunt and barely react to my copy-pasted Skyrim melee attacks I just quit. I can't see myself ever enjoying this combat and if the RPG aspect isn't up to par it just isn't worth my time.
>>
>>316485763

It's fucking garbage. Get a refund if you can. For a 2015 release it's pathetic; actually, I'd go further and say that a game like this is fucking insulting.
>>
>>316485332
Valentine is known for his efforts against the Synth and has pretty much solved every major criminal case in the city since it was founded. He's a public figure, an earlier model synth who is a chill motherfucker who all the people see as a decent "guy"
It's explained f a m
>>
File: 1400932044275.jpg (45 KB, 604x442) Image search: [Google]
1400932044275.jpg
45 KB, 604x442
>mfw i never realized how bad the writing in the quests are
thanks op, ruined the game for me!
>>
File: 1447294601526.jpg (13 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1447294601526.jpg
13 KB, 240x150
>>316485939
>he actually bought the game
>>
>>316486802
Not just the game, all bethesda's games from now on. They're all the exact same fucking shit, because they have the same fucking hack writer leading it every time.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14422
>>
Does FO4 hae the same quest system as Skyrim? I liked how the game basically told you which quests you could just ignore by putting them in "Misc." while you could to the proper quests in hopes of good writing
that almost never came
>>
>walking through Diamond City
>walk past a little girl, not even looking at her
>Mommy told me not to talk to strangers!

Reminds me of my 2 shitty hours in vanilla Skyrim where you couldn't walk past any random person without hearing muffled sperging about current political events behind you for a minute.
>>
>>316488436
>Waltz into town in full blazing red daemonic armor, with a massive warhammer strapped to your back, a ball of fire in one hand and ice in the other, with a mask of an ancient dragon priest on, screaming ancient power words at such volume that people fly backwards fifty feet
>HEY! HEY HEY, YOU THERE! YOU LOOK LIKE AN ALCHEMIST WHY DON'T YOU BREW ME UP AN ALE HURR HURR HURRR

I don't understand why Bethesda seems to think that random people screaming shit at you every two seconds as you walk through a city is 'immersive'.
>>
>>316484286
You know you can not agree to take the quest and kill the guy if you want
>>
>>316484989
I'm playing 2 right now after just having beaten 1. It's fucking fantastic, anon, you're going to love it.
>>
File: 1443949448587.jpg (14 KB, 264x396) Image search: [Google]
1443949448587.jpg
14 KB, 264x396
>>316489306
>Do you get to the Cloud District often? Oh, what am I saying? Of course not!
>>
>>316484286

any game with rpg elements.txt
>>
I also think the quests are a mess, but I love the little details:

>Danse gets a shower of insults from any Minuteman
>If you dismiss Dansel in the cave where Virgil lives, he'll go trigger happy inside
>If you take Valentine with you to the Airport, you get a lot of scorn from the Brotherhood, and if you joined them, they'll question your actions
>If you dismiss Valentine in front of the brotherhood, they'll shoot each other
>Same with Hancock, I asume the mutie too, but I haven't found him yet
>This only happened once, but I asked Hancock to join me while having Cayt as a companion, and they have a little dialogue, pretty scornful too

This little things bring a smile to my face, after so much bullshit
>>
>>316490354
None of those are special details or very impressive, anon. Let me give you a peek beneath the hood.

>Character A is created and assigned to faction X
>Faction X has disposition to faction Y set to -1 or whatever number is 'most hated'
>When faction X character A is near faction Y they try to kill each other

It's all programmed into the engine to be rock bottom simple and has been that way since oblivion, it's not like they made special case exemptions and coded in anything special for any of that.
>>
>>316490121
Only shitty games do that. Actual good games give you

>quests that are realistic for an NPC to ask of your character
>quests that your character would realistically be interested in completing
>>
File: 1445314439372.jpg (108 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
1445314439372.jpg
108 KB, 600x369
>>316484286
>my character is wearing a full set of raider armor - why he didn't shoot me on sight I have no idea
Pretty fucking funny, but to be fair I don't know any games that wouldn't do this
>>
>>316491774

>Fallout NV
>ditch Goodsprings in the beginning, help the powder gangers defend against the NCR attack
>take one of the NCR uniforms so I don't get shot on sight by the NCR
>come by some powder gangers some hours later
>they shoot me
>wtf? why the hate? I helped them
>kill them in self-defense
>waitasecond.jpg
>reload save
>take off NCR uniform I was still wearing
>they are friendly
>>
>>316489443
How does that make his proposal any less ludicrous?

>hey guy I only met five seconds ago who is wearing the armor of the very faction that slaughtered my loved ones, can you undertake this quest that will almost certainly kill you in order to gather a useless piece of metal that belonged to a woman you never knew? keep in mind I have no idea of your capabilities and trustworthiness and have given you no incentive to risk your life for me
>>
>>316491774
uh Fallout New Vegas?
>>
>>316492369

well he might as well ask, and a real raider probably isnt going to slowly walk up to him alone and chat to him
>>
>>316490958
Absolutely, but In FO3 nobody questioned you if your companion was a raider, a ghoul or a super mutant.

Of course, NV had some stuff too like that an was also great, but I still like it.

I know perfectly well water is tasteless before drinking it, and I still enjoy having a sip when I need it
>>
>>316493168
>seriously defending this
He should have gunned you down the second you came within eyeshot. For all he knows you could be the guy who killed his kid
>>
File: 9555.jpg (51 KB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
9555.jpg
51 KB, 350x196
>help the people get to Sanctuary
>buildings completely fucked
>they settle in
>go wander around
>go back there after two days
>two of the homes are repaired, the guy works on the third one

Okay, that impressed me.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.