[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free login campaign starts TODAY. What server I everyone on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Free login campaign starts TODAY.

What server I everyone on? I'm on Odin but I hear there's a large playerbase on Asura.

FFXI full collection is only $10 in the SE store. Almost all content is soloable now and we'll worth it for the story.
>>
>>316475143
Is it worth it to solo? Seems possibly neat for $10. I'm assuming they're dropping the monthly fee since the very last update just occurred?
>>
Sounds interesting.
>>
>>316475246
I think it is, but I played for years and year. As a new player you'd have to look up a ton of information, though right now is the fastest leveling and progression you'd ever have.

It's still $12 a month. You get a month free for a new account.
>>
I remember playing this all the way to Abyssea before calling it quits. It was a very fun ride and I will miss it, and the /v/ guild on Shiva.

We actually got pretty far too and had a respectable amount of kills in group content.
>>
>>316475246
It's the "last" content update though they keep mentioning there may be more for events and stuff.

That said, there's so much content in this game it's ridiculous. Also now that you can play with NPCs from the story you can still progress using the party system.
>>
>>316475642
Do you remember the shell name on Shiva? We had several great /v/ LS's over the years.

This is Dinotron if anyone recognizes the name.
>>
>>316475413
>It's still $12 a month.
Ah that's disappointing then. Shame.
>>
>>316475752
It was ragevidya or vidyarage. We had another smaller /v/ guild join us to boost our numbers.

A lot of us got boosted while farming in the mines near the skeletons. A lot of us got a lot of strong support from them.
>>
>>316475971
Agreed, it's really silly. Most of us have no issue paying it though. We're scared the game we spent so much time in will be taken from us.

That said the game is ready to go. Everyone should finish the final content, which I hear is a very good wrapup for the game, and move on.
>>
>>316476174
Yeah I understand that. I 'grew up' with older WoW myself and I'm moreso bummed that I'll never get that era back but I can somewhat empathize with your perspective.
>>
Doesn't XI still take half a day to install?
>>
I tried going back, but WoW spoiled me. FFXI is just way too slow.
>>
>>316476413
installation isn't the problem now, updates are
>>
>>316476413
The newest update takes a fucking while.

Luckily they have the full client up to re latest expansion finally for download on their site. Google like "FFXI client download."

Then you just have 1 annoying ass update after you start the actual game. I think it took me 2.5 hours with 300mb internet
>>
>>316476474
That's an issue at lower levels for sure. I'd suggest playing something like Black Mage. At least then you're always casting stuff.

That said, mage jobs aren't that great starting out since the spells can be pricey unless you farm the scrolls or quest for them. (Which is fun in itself)
>>
Well if anyone wants to play, I'll be on Odin later. Send Dinotron a tell.
>>
>>316477662
why would you play on anything except asura unless you speak japanese
>>
The Asura /v/ LS was the best /v/ LS.
>>
>>316478481
Odin is still one of the largest servers. Not sure about ENG/JPN as I've just been doing the new missions.

There were plenty of English speakers last time I played.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.