[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT SHOULD I BUY, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: album_pic walk that way.php.jpg (1019 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
album_pic walk that way.php.jpg
1019 KB, 1600x1200
So I enjoyed the hell out of Fallout 1 and 2. Fallout 3 and NV were really good though I prefer NV. Pretty apprehensive about Fallout 4 given all the criticism about leveling up, dialogue, and lack of roleplay. Still looks like it might be fun exploring and looting though.

Enjoyed the hell of SC1 and BW. SC2 has been pretty good so far with campaign and multiplay. Have no idea how I'd feel about the new units in Legacy of the Void during multiplay though.

What should I get?

tl;dr

should I get FO4 or SCII:LotV
>>
Buy a brain, moran.
>>
>>316474403
>should I eat apples or oranges?
>>
>>316474403
Wasteland 2
It's closer to F1&2 than any official sequels
>>
If you enjoyed fallout 3 then you should absolutely buy 4, trust me. It's a lot like 3 but better in every way imaginable.
>>
File: 1436815421796.jpg (37 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1436815421796.jpg
37 KB, 500x650
>>316474403
this shouldn't even be a question, op
pirate fo4 and buy legacy of the void, that way you get your money's worth
>>
>>316474635
It's really more like would I enjoy Fallout 4 more given how I liked the previous games or would I enjoy Legacy more given how I enjoyed the previous games.

Basically which game is less of a disappointment.
>>
File: J6QcAGw.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
J6QcAGw.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
25 hours in. Loving most everything. Some complaints are shitposting but others are valid.

It's more of the same if you're used to fo3 and fonv. True, you have less freedom. The other games you felt more rewards for choosing to do bad or evil stuff. Now it seems like it's not even an option which is a bummer. But what the game lacks dialogue it more than makes up for it in world building. Picture related.

I've spent a goodly amount of time just arranging my settlements and crafting. All junk now feels totally viable and you are justified for picking it all up and storing it

The gunplay is also drastically improved. The shitposts about it being a gunplay only game are groundless. Despite 4chan opinion there is plenty of perks and upgrades for melee weapons. I think some people just don't know how to scroll down. Granted you don't want to spec fully in melee to begin with because it takes time to get that build rolling. (You need decent legendary weapons and high tier perks) but if you don't plan on playing on hard mode survival, it's it's a viable option.
But get what you want. I really don't give a fuck.
>>
File: niggathatshitlookcomfyasfuck.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
niggathatshitlookcomfyasfuck.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>316476139
>>
File: VaultBoyFO1LoadingScreen.png (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
VaultBoyFO1LoadingScreen.png
84 KB, 640x480
I love 1, 2 (less than 1) and NV, and I find 4 to be fantastic.
At LEAST pirate it.
>>
>>316476139
Did you notice the more you played the more you liked it?

I'm thinking getting used to the changes just put a sour taste in a lot of people's mouthsmouth
>>
File: image_7.jpg (14 KB, 280x240) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
14 KB, 280x240
>>316476412
Yes definitely. But there's shit I cannot get over. Graphics I don't care. They look fine. Bugs I don't care. It's Beth. Streamlined dialogue I don't care. On multiple playthroughs I'd pick no more than 2 and they were either good, or bad.

But I NEED MY FUCKING KARMA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.