[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically speaking what was this fucking direct even about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: NINTENDO_LOGO.jpg (374 KB, 5400x1500) Image search: [Google]
NINTENDO_LOGO.jpg
374 KB, 5400x1500
Realistically speaking what was this fucking direct even about? We got a new starfox trailer, the worst zelda 'HD'. a character in smash nobody asked for and the only good thing to come out of this direct, DQ VII and VIII localizations. Why did they waste 30 minutes+ on amiibos and DLC? Why is literally everyone trying to ride FFVIIs dick this year to generate hype?
>>
>>316468648
>nobody asked for

Kill yourself, Cloud is as good as it gets
>>
>>316468648
>worst Zelda
that's not skyward sword. And the splatoon updates are nice and finally convinced me to get the game. Cloud was added because he's fairly recognizable and iconic.
>>
>>316468648
>nobody asked for cloud in smash
You people are insane if you think K. Rool is even close to being the top most wanted character.

Forum polls don't represent the number of people voting on this thing. You underestimate the weeb FF fanbase.
>>
It was the usual Direct. Updates on games that are coming out soon and a couple of new things.
>>
File: 1340386226693.jpg (9 KB, 227x178) Image search: [Google]
1340386226693.jpg
9 KB, 227x178
>>316468743
>Clone
>Good

They pretty much went the lazy route and picked another swordsman just to recycle movesets.
>>
>>316468958
This swordsman doesn't have a counterattack. His down special involves him raising his limit to power up his moves.
>>
That Nintendo Minute was so awful though holy shit

They literally brought in some obese e-celeb to do epic reaction faces over Cloud's announcement, like who the fuck would want that
>>
File: kain-highwind.jpg (141 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
kain-highwind.jpg
141 KB, 1000x800
>>316468743
>>316468856
We could have this fucker with a unique moveset instead.
>>
>>316468743
>Worst Zelda
>SS
You've got good taste anon. In all seriousness, though, they're calling it Twilight Princess HD, yet in the direct I did not see one bit of HD anywhere in it. Is it meant to be a thinly veiled excuse for Nintendo to sell the Wolf Link Amiibo?
>>
>>316468648
>"What was this Direct about???"
>lists what the Direct was about

>>316468798
Splatoon is great! Pick it up asap, anon
>>
DQ7&8 localization made it all worth it.
Would love if we get the 3DS Culdcept that was announced on the Jap Direct, too.
>>
>>316468798
>>Worst Zelda
>>SS
You've got good taste anon. In all seriousness, though, they're calling it Twilight Princess HD, yet in the direct I did not see one bit of HD anywhere in it. Is it meant to be a thinly veiled excuse for Nintendo to sell the Wolf Link Amiibo?
>>
>>316468648
We got a transvestite Link. You should be happy.
>>
>>316468648
>oot and mm get remade on the fucking 3ds
>tp gets remade on wii u.

I'm so livid desu senpai.
>>
>>316469064
Black Mage would've been better. Let's face it, he's one of the most iconic visual elements of the whole damn franchise.

>>316469145
It's being done by Tantalus instead of Hexadrive, so there you go.
>>
>>316469232
OOT and MM were actual remasters.
TP is just some lazy ass looking port.
>>
>>316469228
Here senpai, it's nothing new.

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=genderswap+link
>>
>>316469115
Yeah I know. Black Friday is right around the corner so I'll get it then.

>>316469145
It feels way too early to do a remake of TP. I mean, it only came out last gen, bit early to be doing a fucking remake already.
>>
>>316469228
>only tranny
>not also black, muslim, gay, openly supports green values and is fighting against evil whites with his friend jew
>>
>>316469376
>It feels way too early to do a remake of TP. I mean, it only came out last gen, bit early to be doing a fucking remake already.
It came out 9 years ago.
>>
>>316469324
I would have rather got my shit on the wii u is all I'm saying.
>>
>>316469418
Been that long? Fuck. Still, I'm fairly certain Wii games are still being sold, so a remake seems a bit unnecessary when you can still play the original on your WiiU.
>>
>>316468648
>Realistically speaking what was this fucking direct even about?
Nintendo and Square Enix mending their relationship.
>>
>>316469064
Even if they decided not to use Cloud for not being "Nintendo" enough, there are dozens of Final Fantasy characters that would have been chosen before fucking Kain. If you're hoping for a staff-user, then you better hope they add that blue furbait to the roster.
>>
>>316468648
Paper Jam and FF Explorers look really neat though, besides more Splatoon content.
>>
Look, I'm in the minority and liked TP and yeah the improved textures are nice and the bloom reduction seems to be mainly well received but the models are the exact same so it still looks like a last gen game and not a Wii U game, nor is it a proper remake like WW HD was. It's just a re-textured port. Unless the changes and details they are yet to announce are pretty major, I can see myself holding off from buying this because it's just not that much of a difference from the Wii version I can play.
>>
>>316469501
They're still being sold, just no longer 'printed'. Regardless, I still have the Wii version and given how little of an upgrade the Wii U version is, I'll be giving it a pass. Might end up buying the Wolf Link Amiibo at some point though.
>>
>>316469680
Second this.
Also in the minority who liked TP.
>>
I feel like people have completely lost the point of Directs. They're not meant to be "omg ebin cant contain da hype!!!" with a new anticipated revealed game every direct. They're just updates on upcoming releases with some new things here and there. It's like news.
>>
>>316470083
Exactly. And we got a great one, even if it also missed some needed announcements (Rhythm Heaven 3DS and Picross 2 3D. C'mon NoA, that shit should be peanuts to localize)
>>
>>316469891
Yeah that sounds about right. Remakes are good if you haven't played the game yet, but there's not much point in getting them if you've already played the original.
>>
There weren't even that many amiibos in this direct. The only ones that got dedicated segments were Wolf Link + Midna and the Gold Megaman one. The other ones (Lucas + AC characters) were just shown for a brief moment.
>>
File: 1444524445099.gif (79 KB, 350x415) Image search: [Google]
1444524445099.gif
79 KB, 350x415
>What the fuck was this direct even about
>Lists announcements
OH gee, Anon. I dunno.
>>
/v/ surely likes to cry
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.