[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Legend of Link: Weird Handflute of Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: OoT.jpg (71 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
OoT.jpg
71 KB, 460x215
So I completely missed out on the Zelda games up until now, and I figured with all the 'BEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!1' claims being thrown around, I might as well start with OoT to see what's what. So far I'm liking it quite a bit, it's very comfy and tries it's best to keep the story-telling to an acceptable minimum (so you're not constantly being pulled out the game MGS style) without it feeling rushed. Any advice for a Zelda virgin?
>>
Just have fun and chill is the best advice I think. It's probably best to experience it all at your own pace and playing as blind and as openly as you can. Enjoy!
>>
Don't forget your main objectives.. (Go to all the temples and such) when you cant figure out what to do DONT look up a guide, just explore around
>>
by comparison the games following oot all have long cinematic intros. wind waker is lightly free roaming after a point but it's where the game's momentum halts.
>>
>>316465665
Thanks, will do
>>316465795
Alrighty, I'll admit I already looked up why I couldn't get past the first 2 guards in the castle courtyard, but in my defence the game bugged, the guards were still there while it was still day. I had to let a night pass before they actually disappeared and I could go through.
>>
>>316465892
I really don't mind long cutscenes actually, as long as the pacing is good. also, is Majora's Mask a direct sequel to OoT or not?
>>
If you're ever stuck, pull out your egg harmonica. chances are one of your tunes will do something, or give a hint on what to do.
>>
>>316466147
It's a direct sequel yes, not exactly like OoT but it has its own qualities
>>
>>316465278
>Any advice for a Zelda virgin?
look up all puzzle solution two minutes in and thank me later
>>
>>316466272
Nah, gonna stick with what >>316465795 said
>>
>>316466147

it does but don't expect it to continue the story. the premise is that link (same one) goes off to find navi after parting ways at the end of oot. after the opening text it's never mentioned again and has nothing to do with the resolution of the game.
>>
>>316466324
i was the same as you
and played OOT, Majora and Wind Waker just three years for the first time

puzzles in all these games made me stop playing for months
>>
>>316466509
But that's part of the charm which made games of that era great (imo at least)
then again I haven't really done any hard puzzles so far, we'll see if I really get frustrated as the game progresses.
>>
>>316465278
don't skip the text sometimes it gives you important clues about what the fuck you should be doing
>>
>>316466716

there's ocarina of time master quest for the gamecube, which has completely redesigned dungeons with different layouts, however the rest of the game is the same
>>
>>316466061
>Alrighty, I'll admit I already looked up why I couldn't get past the first 2 guards in the castle courtyard, but in my defence the game bugged, the guards were still there while it was still day. I had to let a night pass before they actually disappeared and I could go through.
I don't believe this, it would only happen if you mistakenly thought it was day when it had just turned night.
>>
>>316465278
Welcome to the ride. You have plenty of Zelda games til ZeldaU comes out. Comfyest series, really.

Action adventure games at their finest. Pretty nice balance between different bits of gameplay.
>>
>>316465278
Please tell me you're gonna play Majora's Mask next. MM is not as grand in scope as OoT, but is far, far deeper in both story and content.

But before you beat OoT make sure you get your hands on Biggeron's Sword. You won't regret it.
>>
>>316466907
They also have Master Quest on the 3DS version
>>
>>316466998
Believe what you will, but it's the truth anon
Avoided the guards in front of the castle by jumping in the moat, then figured out the boxes to jump through the triforce hole, and the guards were right there.
I tried a bunch of times to sneak past them but they always see you and kick you out. Then night fell and they were still there so I got frustrated and looked it up, everyone saying I have to go there during the day. I then just waited for night to pass and once I went back the second day they were gone
>>
OoT has a simple, but fun story to tell, and the best part is, most of it is told through gameplay elements. Its one of those games where you can play multiple times, and learn something new about the characters and world each time

So yeah just explore
>>
>>316467368
It must have been just barely the evening or something, or otherwise you found some weird pointless bug that nobody's ever heard of

t. OoT speedrunner
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.