[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6
File: fo4 .jpg (198 KB, 655x1281) Image search: [Google]
fo4 .jpg
198 KB, 655x1281
What went wrong?
>>
>>316463637
nothing's wrong you fuck

the normies obviously dont have a problem with it and undoubtedly its going to sell buttloads of copies
>>
skyrim was too succesfull with mods
so they had to fuck up fallout 4 to get mods
>>
>>316463637
can a bethesda game actually go wrong?
wouldnt that be like dividing by 0 in that theyre already fucking awful when they go right so its actually impossible for them to go wrong?
>>
Funny how the vast majority of negative reviews are from users without any other reviews whilst those which are positive have multiple. Is this your pathetic idea of 'activism'? Going to circle jerk over how bad fallout 4, without playing it a presume, for absolutely no reason aside from being contrarian. I don't like fallout 4 nor fallout 3/nv, yet the response to this is pathetic. Grow up /v/.
>>
Nothing went wrong. I like it.

People just wanted it to be something that it was obvious that it was never going to be.
>>
Could it be that Flopout 4 be the biggest blunder of 2015?
>>
>>316463637
Blunder of 2015 for sure, it even beat MGSV.
Congrats bethesdrone bros!
>>
I'm really loving this "fallout 4 is terrible" meme.
>>
>>316463637
The mods are finally catching up with the shitposters and deleting the single-review accounts. The user scores are slowly creeping back up.

They'll never be able to delete all of the fake reviews, obviously, but you guys did this exact same shit with Skyrim too and you couldn't stop it from being one of the most popular single-player games of all time.
>>
>>316465152
>Funny how the vast majority of negative reviews are from users without any other reviews whilst those which are positive have multiple
Yeah, multiple reviews, one for each fallout 4 platafform.
>>
>>316465450
nope
>>
>>316465923
>all the low scores are just you guys

is this a fucking meme or what

i don't get it, the game has many flaws and many of the red reviews mention them
>>
I'm hoping it drops below New Vegas' score, just to say fuck you to Bethesda.
It probably won't, though.
>>
>>316463637

It was hyped as a RPG
It turned out to be a FPS

> S.P.E.C.I.A.L system was removed
> Your character can use all guns from the start
> Power Armor is only usable during specific scripted quests
> Followers are immune to death

Other info:
> Only 2 endings, both with the same exact picture slideshow at the end
> All side-quests are fetch quests
> Speech is worthless
> Bethesda writers can't seem to get over their "daddy/mommy issues", Brotherhood of Steel being the good guys, Super Mutants still being relevant and "muh Liberty Prime".

This is why people are upset.

Fallout 4 isn't a Skyrim with guns.

It's a Far Cry 4 set in a nuclear Universe.
It's just another Halo or COD.

This is why the normies love it so much.

Our only hope for a good Fallout game is for Obsidian Entertainment to take the Fallout 4 engine and make a Fallout of their own, just like they did with New Vegas.
>>
>>316466775
The pc version might once more reviews roll in

All major releases drop 3-4 points on their main platform over the span of a month
>>
>>316463637

Nothing is wrong, those are well rounded scores for a game that is neither perfect nor broken.
>>
File: questionable.jpg (13 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
questionable.jpg
13 KB, 177x278
>>316463637

>XBONE has the highest metacritic rating
>it suffers from the worst hardware and drops to literally 0 fps in some places

Holy fuck. Seriously. How the fuck can anyone excuse that shit, let alone condone it with good review scores. Paid off cunts.
>>
>>316466778
>Our only hope for a good Fallout game is for Obsidian Entertainment to take the Fallout 4 engine and make a Fallout of their own, just like they did with New Vegas.
I hope they bring back skills and don't gift power armor around otherwise this series is ruined.
>>
Nothing went wrong, Bethesda just knew they could be lazy as fuck with it and people would still not only buy, but defend the game. It's fun for a while, but the lack of effort really bothers me. Gameplay is pretty much identical to 3, and the world is pretty uninspired.
All the recycled stuff and still using gamebryo is inexcusable.
>>
>>316467693
This.

I enjoyed it for a while but fuck defending it you salty cunts, the game is a 5/10 and the user score on metacritic is spot on
>>
memes son
>>
>>316465152
>Is this your pathetic idea of 'activism'?

I didn't think I would be the type of person to say this but... U mad? After years of getting a free pass it looks like game producers can't hide behind the corrupt game "journalists" so easily now. Don't want a pissed off mob giving you bad reviews? Don't cut corners and think you can hype train and shout people down to make the difference. I notice Witcher 3 isn't suffering from this phenomenon.
>>
>>316466335
So they spent 180 dollars on the same 3 games?

What a bunch of faggots, no wonder why they are so buttmad
>>
>>316466778

Far Cry 4 at least runs on a far superior engine and you can see from that straight away.

Bethesda needs develop or go with a completely different engine than the Gamebryo one, I mean it is so outdated it feels no different from Morrowind. Everything just feels a looks so clunky.

>inb4 creation engine is a new engine

Its pretty much a modified Gamebryo.
>>
>>316468231
>pretty much a modified gamebryo
>MODIFIED gamebryo
>same bugs as previous titles
>same floating character as oblivion
>same LOD methods as oblivion

Nah its just gamebryo
>>
>>316463637
I like how most guys that gave FO4 10 are complaining about low scores from other users instead of actually reviewing the game.
>>
>>316468381

Some of those bugs have to do with the Havok engine anon-kun~
>>
>>316466673
78% of Steam user reviews recommend the game, and there is no way to post fake reviews on Steam.
>>
>>316468886
78% on steam for an AAA game means its mediocre as fuck though

For fucks sake even borderlands 2 has 90%

And no matter what you claim a lot of negative reviews on metacritic are legit.

Check out fat fuck Jim's damage control article, everyone in the comments agrees the game is mediocre and not more than a 7/10
>>
>>316468571
No, Havok is pretty stable and won't fuck up unless programmer fucks up.
>>
>>316463637
It's actually a solid entry to the series and my favorite even moreso than 1 and 2.
The voiced protagonist and the dialogue wheel pissed off too many autists. Getting rid of the retarded "tag skills" percentage based system also pissed off a lot of autists.
Most of the people who don't like this game actually haven't played it, they're just mad on principle and haven't bothered to look into if the new perk system is better than the percentage based homebrew gurps system of all the other fallouts. Thing is, it's much better.
In older fallout games, if one wanted to make a gunslinger, they'd tag small guns and max it out. They'd have a special that was built for a gun fighter, a fast perceptive agile hero.
However, the failure in that is if that eagle eyed quick draw picks up an energy weapon, he fires only slightly better than average.
It never made any sense to me. Luckily, fallout 4 fixed that along with build power disparity encouraging everyone to play a diplosniper. Now you legitimately can be a mad tinkerer or a charismatic leader instead of "da lone gunman who gets everyone to see things his way".
>>
>>316463637
even the zombified iLemmings are starting to tire of the same rehashed shit every time
>>
>>316463637
Well, it's clear that Cuntsole users have much lower standards (this has always been known).
They also care less about reviewing games.
>>
>>316463637
>For fucks sake even borderlands 2 has 90%

A lot of time between now and then; more people to purchase and review.
>>
>>316469247
Their standarts must be real low.
I mean i head there are part of the game on consoles where the frame rate drops down to 5 frames per second?

I mean this is just ludicrous.What people out there support this crap is beyond me.
>>
>>316469354
Yeah fallout 4 will bottom out at around 70% as people who dont buy into the hype pick it up on sale in a couple of months
>>
File: black ops steam.jpg (88 KB, 325x393) Image search: [Google]
black ops steam.jpg
88 KB, 325x393
>>316469071
>78% on steam for an AAA game means its mediocre as fuck though
No, 57% does, because nearly half the customers would not recommend it.

78% means only 22% of the customers would not recommend the game. That is a slim minority.
>>
>>316466673
you can meme all you want, fallout 4 is just mediocre and doesn't deserve to be in red
especially not all the zeroes and ones people are posting

you faggots don't even know what a bad game actually is
>>
>>316469371
>What people out there support this crap is beyond me.

Why don't you ask the apologists here on /v/ who call you a contrarian if you don't enjoy 0 FPS sections
>>
>>316469225
>The voiced protagonist and the dialogue wheel pissed off too many autists.
I can't wait to see what happens to /v/ someday when Nintendo adds voices to a Zelda game.

>muh text
>muh nostalgia
>muh head voices
>>
>>316469430
users only leave 2 kinds of reviews, 10 or 0. Everyone else is pretension asshole.
>>
>>316469420
Nah considering all the hype and mindless people like you defending it, 78% is pretty bad for fallout 4 especially on steam
>>316469430
I think its mediocre though, and the zero reviews are necessary to balance the overall score as an average 5/10 or 6/10
>>
>>316469440
>Why don't you ask the apologists here on /v/ who call you a contrarian if you don't enjoy 0 FPS sections

I am assuming that they are shills and not actual gamers.
>>
>>316469484
This is totally unrelated to the topic but that made me think about a voiced mario game. Dear god that'd be horrible.
"Heya Bowser I'ma gonna jumpa ona ya heada!"
>>
>>316469602
No, they're people who own decent pcs and don't have to deal with the limitations of a console :D
>>
>>316469602
I usually don't buy into the ''shill' thing but when there's a group of people out of nowhere that call you, and I quote, ''autistic'', ''contrarian'', ''you just hate fun'', among other things just because you dared say you got annoyed by a glitch, well, its pretty hard to keep believing there aren't shills here.

Best part is how they try and push the ''/v/ just hates popular games'' thing.
>>
File: for what fucking purpose.png (338 KB, 1162x533) Image search: [Google]
for what fucking purpose.png
338 KB, 1162x533
>>316469420
>>
>>316469876
>average bethesda fandom.jpg

Not surprised, I hope he gets performance issues in FO4 as well and ends up butthurt
>>
>>316465450
We always knew it would have been mediocre
>>
Idk the game is fun to me, though the fucking story and dialogue is trash.
>>
>>316469556
>>Nah considering all the hype and mindless people like you defending it, 78% is pretty bad for fallout 4 especially on steam
Your argument is that Fallout 4 is shit and that Memetacritic's user score is accurate. 78% is too high of a score to match your narrative.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the score for Fallout 4 on Steam dipped down to 77% on Wednesday, but it has since climbed back up to 78% and is still holding steady. I suspect that it will continue to climb as more people buy the game, especially when some patches and mods become available. Some people are simply leaving negative reviews over technical issues, which will be fixed later.

You are all fogetting that this exact same shit happened with Skyrim. This is basically a replay of the same song and dance 4 years later. Raids on Memetacritic by spammers, and complaints about performance issues on Steam. And lo and behold, now Skyrim sits at 91% positive on Steam and even has positive userscores on Metacritic now that all the troll accounts spamming against it got banned (except the PS3 version, which has a lot of legitimate negative reviews since it really was a shitty port and never truly got fixed).
>>
>>316469665
>No, they're people who own decent pcs and don't have to deal with the limitations of a console :D
>fallout 4 is still buggy even on PC
>fallout 4 is so badly programed that it runs like shit on systems that are 2 times stronger than a console
ok anon
>>
>>316469951
Keep in mind there are many of these reviews, and they were made before Fallout 4 came out. The rabid fandom of Bethesda games is one of the most pathetic displays in this hobby, when it's games for niche audiences you can understand it, but the widespread apologetic attitude people have to low quality in these soulless Bethesda games? It's fucking insulting. Fallout is dead, and only Obsidian can revivew the universe. Right now it' Assassins Creed-tier cancer with just iteritions to make money. Bethesda didn't try to even make an RPG, they wanted to tell a shitty story that was probably written for the money anyway. It's so obvious how this game was made for mass-appeal and not be a roleplaying game.

Seriously fuck Bethesda. I hate how New Vegas is my favourite game and I love open world games, because nothing of quality is being shed out. At least there's the Witcher series to get to.
>>
>>316470034
It will still get GOTY though.
>>
>>316470194
Nah my argument is that its throughly mediocre regardless of its technical issues and that it deserves its current 5-6 scores on metacritic

>troll accounts

Nigger fucking please
>>
>>316470207
For you maybe, runs smooth on my alienware.
Stop being a poorfag and you wont' have performance issues.
>>
is there anything interesting to do besides the main story

i literally can't find good sidequests
>>
>>316470327
There's already 1 MAJOR GOTY award (in fact its really the biggest) and it didn't go to Fallout 4 :D
>>
>>316469876

I fucking hate reviews like, nothing makes me more fucking angrier than trying to find out a game then you read the reviews, then its some fucking faggot that thinks he's funny with;

"game wasted my life 10/10"

This should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>316470336
If those are legitimate accounts, why are they brand new, and only have negative reviews for Fallout 4 and no reviews for other games? Why aren't these people leaving more negative reviews on Steam, since according to you they must have bought the game and are disappointed in it?
>>
>>316470448
It's not even January retard. There are no annual awards this time of year.
>>
>>316470373
>runs smooth on my alienware
SHILL ALERT!!!ALL ABANDON SHIP!!WOMEN AND CHILDREN GO FIRST!!!
>>
>>316470310
I don't even care anymore, I just find it funny how the shillingtons keep pushing their games as the ''normie'' thing to do and how if you don't abide you are a contrarian autist sperg who only browses 4chan all day, even though bethesda games are hipster central and focused on brain dead morons that are below exclusive fifa players

And yes I own legit fifa 15 and 16 copies, I'm more normie than you shillinghouse :^)
>>
>>316465450
I honestly cannot be assed to finish it. I'm trying but, eh.

It's more of the same, would it really hurt for them to try something new?
>>
>>316466778
> Power Armor is only usable during specific scripted quests

Did you actually play the game or?
>>
>>316470452
Only legitimate owners can write reviews on Steam, so they don't ban people over their reviews. If someone wants to spend $60 to shitpost then that's more money in Gaben's pocket.
>>
>>316470493
I've went through a lot of them and its equally the same on both sides
>>316470558
http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/30/the-witcher-3-wins-ultimate-game-of-the-year-at-golden-joysticks-2015-5471812/

KEK
>>
>>316470585
>implying poorfags get a spot on the lifeboats
Get a job literal nigger
>>
>>316463637
>Bethesda

That's what went wrong.

I still don't get how people love their walking simulators.

Console versions of their games are just crap. The PC versions are also crap, but are fixed by retarded modders that are willing to pay money to bethesda so that they can fix their game for free.

Their next game will be even worst, but they'll still sell by the millions.
>>
>>316470660
>Did you actually play the game or?
Of course he didn't play it. He's a memester repeating what other people have told him, who also probably didn't play the game.
>>
>>316470373
>buying a pre-built PC and paying up to 150$ just for the Alienware logo
Get fucked,you cunt.
>>
>>316470740
>only memesters say bad things about this game

Fuck off shill
>>
>>316470669
Well then the Golden Joysticks are weird. Who the hell has an award show in October?
>>
>>316470816
Someone who realizes all GOTY material has already been released
>>
>>316470795
He didn't even get one of the most basic details about the game correct, though.
>>
>>316470887
That may be right but it doesn't mean ALL criticism towards the game are just memes, which you seem to imply
>>
>>316470867
What about Just Cause 3? I think it's this year's release and it has the potential,at least subjectively.
>>
>>316466778
2 of those points are lies and one of them is true of both 3 and new vegas.
>>
>>316470867
But the beginning of the year is the traditional time to do awards shows, because it's after all the holiday releases, and it's also the time of year that people traditionally reflect upon the previous year in retrospect.
>>
>>316463637
Is this going to be gamergate 2.0 ?
>>
>>316470998
Between the powerhouses that are MGSV and Witcher 3, and the shilling central of bethesda?

Nah it will get some mentions at best.

I would actually love if JC3 won the most though, but it wont.
>>
>>316470686
>job shaming
Shill somewhere else fagget.I'd rather spend my money for a good game not this glichfest that is so dumded dow i whanna kill myself when the dialogue wheel shows up.
>>
File: TORtanic.gif (66 KB, 1667x1269) Image search: [Google]
TORtanic.gif
66 KB, 1667x1269
>>316470970
It does serve as evidence that people who had no interest in the game are just dogpiling on for their own amusement, though.
>>
>>316469225
viral marketer detected
>>
>>316471024
I know, weird of them to do it this early especially since its easily the biggest award

Probably because Witcher 3 is so good there's no point waiting :3
>>316471068
Nah this is just people shitting on a mediocre game that has been shilled as 10/10
>>
>>316471160
But isn't integrity in video game journalism was the point of gamer gate
>>
>>316471138
That's good though, it deserves hate, too much shilling has been done and it must be undone
>>
>>316464459
>normies don't have a problem with it

See, that's the thing with normies, They could have a problem with it, but at that point it wouldn't matter since they've already bought the game.
>>
File: 1447084677593.jpg (21 KB, 316x340) Image search: [Google]
1447084677593.jpg
21 KB, 316x340
>>316471208
No idea I don't bother with stupid shit but I thought it was about that hipster lady sucking cock or some shit

Who cares
>>
>>316470998

it won't win, but everyone will still regard it as the most fun game to happen in 2015
>>
>past week /v/ has been so wrapped up in complaining about F4 the board is pretty much unbrowsable
>been playing through the Resident Evil games and having a blast

Why don't you guys play some nice games instead of only complaining about bad ones?
>>
>>316471330
>Why don't you guys play some nice games instead of only complaining about bad ones?

I am playing EVE right now.
>>
>>316471421
Nice. What race?

Used to play in a small mining-corp with a few friends for a while.
>>
>>316471307
And that's,sadly, why the awards don't mean shit nowadays
>>
>>316470194
>Some people are simply leaving negative reviews over technical issues
This is the lengths Bethesdrones go to
>>
>>316471564
Minmatar for all the daka.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.