[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't sleep /v/ I had several interviews with Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: nintendologo.png (5 KB, 467x187) Image search: [Google]
nintendologo.png
5 KB, 467x187
I can't sleep /v/

I had several interviews with Nintendo for basically my dream job. Everything was going so well, and during the last interview I sperged out a little bit and lost everything.

I feel like shit.
>>
>>316463272
Sperged out? What'd you do?
>>
>>316463530
I was being interviewed by the President of Nintendo of Canada. Since I had already had some interviews before hand regarding the position when he asked me if I had any questions I asked him irrelevant things rather than just repeating things I had asked before.
>>
>>316463530
I accidentally used the term "kickass" describing my work and had to quickly explain myself. I was stuttering all over the place. I'm so ashamed.
>>
File: 1338850765088.png (3 KB, 309x196) Image search: [Google]
1338850765088.png
3 KB, 309x196
>>316463530
I explained the necessity of waifus in Nintendo games and how I thought they could help Nintendo lead the way into the future. I ended this explanation with "Please understand."

I have Embarrassed myself too much an cannot go back.
>>
>>316463668
Whoops, forgot this. Ah man, now I'm messing up on 4chan too...

>>316463632
Please don't pretend to be me.
>>
>>316463668
youll fit right in with the other autists at ninendo
>>
>>316463668

You can always come and work for Nintendo Australia anon, we're all spergs here.
>>
>>316463854
I don't know. I really don't want to move from Stanford. It's so comfy here.
>>
>>316463854
What do you guys even do?

Are you hiring?
>>
You in Washington? Hook a broda up.
>>
>>316463915
what did you ACTUALLY do

and why not call them and explain that you were too excited to actually answer in a correct fashion and that you would really like another go at that interview
>>
I hate using trips, but I'll use one since people want to impersonate me.

When I first went to Nintendo of Canada in Vancouver I dropped off a resume in person and basically said I'd take any position possible. A month later I had an interview for a warehouse gig, but was not hired due to the manager believing I'd be better for marketing type position.

Fast forward 6 month after I had been leaving voice mails on this guy's machine for the same time. He emailed me and said they were starting a new project and that Id be a good fit. That's the job I screwed up on.

If you want to get a job at nintendo anywhere I suggest just dropping of a resume. If you end up talking to someone or getting an interview just call them regularily so they know you're interested in working and hopefully you don't fuck up like me
>>
>working in gaming news
That's how I knew you had autism
Bet you think GG is important and you want to be a good example or some shit too huh
>>
>>316464150
Would you give another interview to a guy that screamed "KICKASS HOMEBREW!" like a spastic? I've ruined everything for myself.
>>
>>316464150
I asked a question about the NX during my interview. In my defense I said "this is a question that you won't be able to answer" before asking, since I knew what the answer would be.

Apparently that is a big no-no during inter views at Nintendo.

I'm calling again tomorrow to see what I can do, if anything
>>
>>316464326
>>316464419
Christ, which one's real and which one's fake? You're both retards either way.
>>
>>316463981

I'm in project management, but most of what we do is PR related, hosting events, attending events, journalist wrangling, online community management, product distribution, get to head over to glorious nippon pretty regularly and check shit out.

No vacancies that I currently know of, but we have a pretty decent turn over of front line PR reps.

If you've got at least some experience in hospitality, maybe some community stuff or better still a background in child development or teaching.......or a great set of tits..... they're pretty cushy gigs.
>>
I'm the OP. And yes, I dun goof'd
>>
>>316464419
Just say that you are excited and didnt know that that was a no during the interview. As a fan, you are interested and want to be invested in the companys future, and that was why you asked.

Why would you be going to the interview if you wasnt interested in where the company was going?
>>
>>316464626
Damn, I'm in Brisbane with a small marketing background but I have family in Vic.

I checked the AU website and they had a Careers section but with no listed vacancies. Do you guys often update your openings there or are they mostly advertised "internally"?
>>
They learned their lesson from that podcast idiot from about two months ago: Don't hire rabid fans
>>
File: chris pranger2.jpg (48 KB, 1168x490) Image search: [Google]
chris pranger2.jpg
48 KB, 1168x490
>>316465039
And yet here he was in the latest direct

also none of the shit he said was any bad, it was just agenda driven clickbait headline on neogaf and other outlets that made him look bad and people who never actually bothered to check what he actually said
>>
>>316465729
I don't understand...

Why?

NoA is such full of shit. It's literally a circle of pretentious nerds all in bed with each other.

Purge the whole Treehouse and Reggie, holy fuck!!
>>
>>316463530
I told Bill I wanted to be his wife. Then I noticed the wedding ring.
>>
>>316466684
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>316464250
Nintendo of Europe's main position is next to me want to go their after college
I guess i'll try that out
>>
>>316466684
>I told Bill I wanted to be his wife
How good can you bark?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.