[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Vegas 2: new Reno
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 570x300
You think Todd would let new Vegas 2 happen?

And what would the cannon ending be anyway ?
>>
It's canon, not cannon. They're spelled differently for a reason.
>>
>>316459120
If Bethesda did let Obsidian make a new game, they'd most likely make the Independence or House be canon, since all the others tie up most loose ends
>>
Fuck that. Fallout is beyond salvageable. Even if you think Obsidian is better than Bethesda (and I think they are too) Bethesda still creates the framework the game needs to use. Obsidian might be able to do some things better within this framework but you'd still have a voiced protag, dialogue wheel, whatever way Bethesda implemented stats and such, etc.

Also they need to focus on a new VtM game and not split themselves with something else
>>
>>316459480
You make it sound like the voiced Protag and dialogue wheel are mandatory
>>
>>316459480
Fallout is beyond salvageable because even Obsidian is a shit developer.
>>
>>316459295
Its independence i think. I think read somewhere on the wiki.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 302x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 302x337
Hope they have an actual romance option this time.

Mods don't count
>>
>>316459580
They are. Bethesda used them in their game and Obsidian most likely wouldn't be able to deviate from that. Bethesda aren't going to let them make a completely different game.
>>
File: already dead.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
already dead.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>316459580
>you want to lose the dialogue wheel?
>seems a bit archaic to go back to the old system
>i don't think the Falloutâ„¢ brand needs this, pack your things
>>
>>316459741
It's not that hard anon, the Dialogue wheel is part of the UI, changing it back to Dialogue boxes is simpler than manually modding New Vegas
>>
>>316459580
It's called setting a precedent. There is no way any other dev could make a fallout game now and not have that fucking dialogue wheel.
>>
File: newvegascannon.jpg (100 KB, 610x410) Image search: [Google]
newvegascannon.jpg
100 KB, 610x410
>>316459120
>>
>>316459673

Woah mama, whiskey rose.

have mercy...
>>
>>316459883
You're not understanding. Yeah, they can physically do it. Bethesda wouldn't let them though. If they work on a new Fallout game they're subject to Bethesda's rules. And like I said, Bethesda wouldn't let them make a completely different game. And dropping the dialogue wheel and voiced protag would be going past that I think.

Of course I'm just guessing here. But I think it's likely that Bethesda would require Obsidian to keep the big things from 4 like the dialogue wheel, voiced protag, and the way skills and stats work. So you'd basically get FO4 but with a new location and better writing.
>>
>>316460064
I think there's ways you can work around the dialogue wheel to include more options, and with a heavier focus on dialogue you can make it work well.

FO4 is shit because it has a dumbed down system AND less focus on dialogue.
>>
>>316459216
>He doesn't know about the secret Boomer ending
>>
>>316460168
Maybe the could make so one of the buttons was a "More Options" button
>>
>>316459120
>New Reno
>not Van Buren
>>
>>316460064
Depends on how easy it is to change i would think

Obsidian really revamped the way companions worked in NV, could do the same here>>316460275
>>
>>316459120
I'm pretty sure mr house ending will be the canon one and again I'm pretty sure todd won't let obsidian touch fallout again since new vegas was liked more than fallout 3.
>>
Fuck Vegas, let's go back to LA or San Fransisco

Shady sands could be cool too
>>
>>316460064
Honestly, fallout 4 isn't that bad mechanically. It's not really an RPG, more like far cry meets STALKER, but the gunplay feels good, the exploration and scavenging is the same stuff from the older games, and base building and settlements are actually pretty fun.

It's a real shame the story is ass, and the dialogue wheel is janky and retarded, but these are things that could easily be fixed by a better dev.

The removal of skills isn't good, but it isn't bad either. Fallout 4 shouldn't call itself an RPG, but to call it a bad game isn't correct either. It's a solid 6/10
>>
>>316462216
Yeah sawyer said that if Obsidian did another NV they would do it back at the boneyard
>>
>>316459120
>You think Todd would let new Vegas 2 happen?
Yes. I suspect that Todd might like money.
>>
File: Fallout New Vegas.jpg (105 KB, 700x387) Image search: [Google]
Fallout New Vegas.jpg
105 KB, 700x387
>>316462216
Didn't they say that they chose the Vegas setting because the areas from the original games are just too civilized now for the classic "lawless wasteland" feel?
Shady Sands had force fields and guards with plasma rifles back in Fallout 2, and we're decades past that. But I always liked the idea from Van Buren that the Enclave remnants found out that the attack on the oil rig came from San Francisco and they nuked the city.
>>
>>316460516
>since new vegas was liked more than fallout 3.
no it wasn't, ask any consolebabby and you will get an uniform answer that Fallout 3 is better.
>>
New Canaan is most likely.
We might also get Arizona, but I doubt they'd be going back to the core region.
>>
Didn't Sawyer say he wanted to do a New Orleans Fallout? It sounds like it could be bretty good, but I would like to see the aftermath of NV.
>>
>>316459673
Both Avellone and Sawyer explicitly hate romance in video games.

You know they're right.
>>
File: chernobyl1.jpg (53 KB, 546x235) Image search: [Google]
chernobyl1.jpg
53 KB, 546x235
>>316463547
New Canaan is was razed to the ground.

I'd like a focus on the northwest. Arroyo is stated to be in southern Oregon but they could go further north into Washington.

>tfw walking through huge red forests of radioactive redwoods and douglas firs.
>>
>>316462216
I'd prefer a new setting entirely. I understand if they still want to keep it within the area of Obsidian's works with the NCR and such, though, so maybe somewhere like Oregon or Washington? Think of how interesting the Pacific Northwest Rainforest would be in a post-apocalyptic scenario. Or the Space Needle.
>>
>>316464642
This. Maybe even extend the map up to Vancouver Island.
>>
>>316464178
Wouldn't that basically be a whole game of Point Lookout? I'm all for that
>>
mr house ending desu, he's the best hope for humanity.

new vegas 2 should revolve around hollywood.

also make a disneyland equivalent that serves as mr house's secondary base of operations, but it'd be more like an easter egg/twist than major plot point.
>>
>>316459120
Your son explodes while nuking chicago etc etc
>>
>New Vegas 2

As likely as Skyrim 2.
If anything they would do something new and not make a direct sequel.
>>
They said in an interview that they'd love to do New Vegas 2, or revisit the West Coast around LA. Todd said it's a good idea and he's all up for another spinoff. I mean, he's a serial liar but it's something at least.
>>
>>316464178
Avellone said on twitter he doesn't want to do west coast again if he is brought on, and IneXile is in New Orleans so they will likely bring some of them on seeing how close Obsidian is to them so New Orleans if it does happen is extremely likely
>>
We should get a campaign going where everyone spams Obsidian and Bethesda's twitter asking for a new Obsidian developed fallout.

I think it's more likely that way since Bethesda and Obsidian might not be on good terms now.
>>
>>316465351
>new vegas 2 should revolve around hollywood.

You realize Hollywood is a small portion of Los Angeles, right?

Which is Boneyard.

Which was already in Fallout.

Also get off the old man's shriveled dick. He's Howard Hughes, not Walt Disney.
>>
>>316459120
No, apparently Tod was extremely mad when people compared it to F3 and found it to be a better game.
As long as he has any say in it, Fallout remains in his hands until he's dead or fired.
>>
Obsidian is going to be busy with the new Vampire: the Masquerade game.
>>
>>316466893
Well they have a few years even if Bethesda wanted them to do another since you would think they'd give them more time for this one
>>
>>316463426
Maybe, but New Vegas outsold Fallout 3, anon. It showed Bethesda that Obsidian can make a better game and market it successfully to a demographic outside of console casuals. It literally spits in the face of everything Bethesda tried to do and that's why they hate it so much they paid reviewers to scam Obsidian out of their bonus.
>>
>>316467008
>you would think they'd give them more time for this one

I'm not foolish enough even to hope that, anon.
>>
>>316459120
The thing is, even if Obsidian was interested and had the time to develop this, the new gameplay is so fucked, I doubt they could rework it into an RPG without a complete engine rewrite.
>>
I just hope it happens. I hope Bethesda PR is reading this thread gauging Fallout 4 interest and I hope they know that there's many, many, many people who would prefer another Obsidian developed Fallout.

Won't be purchasing the next one if it isn't.
>>
>>316467025
It sold more just on PC and only a few hundred thousand copies which is a lot on PC but suits don't care about that considering how much Fallout 3 sold more on consoles, also it's the more hardcore that knows NV is better the normie/casual audience liked NV but loved 3
>>
>>316459120
Todd and Fallout should never be used in the same sentence, ever.
>>
File: 1416656188231.png (109 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1416656188231.png
109 KB, 396x385
>want to re-play NV
>know it all by heart
>>
Game is set in Houston, main villain is a megalomaniacal glowing one who plans to use a pre-war ballistic orbital strike (like B.O.M.B-001 from Van Buren) to re-irradiate the United States and establish a world inhabited solely by ghouls.
>>
>>316467175
80% of the Fallout fanbase currently doesn't even know who or what Obsidian is, and I'm almost positive 50% haven't even heard of New Vegas.
>>
>>316467501
As if the SJWs would allow that
>>
Instead of Nevada again why not go somewhere else?

like the pacific northwest?
>>
>>316467201
Most of them say shit like

>I don't like new vegas because when because there's no level scaling so i can't go anywhere i want in level 1
>>
>>316468218
I'd love a texas or a midwest game. Hell even better they should set it in alaska.
>>
>>316468218
Yo dude
>>316464642
>>316464672
Two separate people already said they wanted that.

Read the thread.
>>
Probably not because it would just highlight how terrible the writing and dialogue is in fallout 4
>>
>>316468462
There was already a Texas game. Unfortunately.
>>
>>316468532
Also a midwest game
The midwest would only be good if it was Detroit or Chicago since those are the only interesting places in the Flyover states
>>
>>316468532
Shit, how about a great lakes one? Maybe we can even visit canada.
>>
>>316468462
>Hell even better they should set it in alaska.
Exploring alaska just after the grate war would be quite intresting. all those battle feilds to find loot in
>>
File: Greeting the natives.jpg (450 KB, 1280x948) Image search: [Google]
Greeting the natives.jpg
450 KB, 1280x948
>>316468635
Canada is the united states moose-commie
>>
>>316464395
naw was it not more along the lines that they hate shallow shit done poorly?

im pretty sure they would be okay with it if someone actually did a god job writing such a thing.
>>
>>316459120
It would most likely be Fallout New Orleans.
>>
Obsidian is an SJW developer so the only thing I want from them is bankruptcy.
>>
>>316459673
>Hope they have an actual romance option this time.
naw unless its written more of an casual relationship

and i mean more along the lines of a couple who is still dating and none of that gay open kek relationship faggitry
>>
>>316469231
And you're a manchild who cares
>>
How about Fallout: Florida?

Post-apoc Disney.
>>
>>316459673
>i want a vidya gf
wew lad
>>
>>316459120
The only decent endings - in terms of a sequel - would be House or Yes Man.

Wouldn't be New Vegas 2, anyway, it'd be set somewhere else.
>>
>>316459120
Obsidian wouldn't make a direct sequel. They'd just make an entirely new story set apart from New Vegas.
Obsidian has never made an ending "canon"
>>
>>316469590

>post apoc disney/universal/holy land experience/medieval times
>absolutely nothing in between Orlando and West Palm while you walk south for hours
>Miami is fucking post apoc mayhem
>>
>>316459120
Wild Card ending.
>>
>>316469231
>Obsidian
>SJW

yeah, why
>>
After Pillars of Eternity? Shit, I loved New Vegas. Better than F3 by a landslide. But Pillars of Eternity was fucking cringe-inducing garbage, are you kidding me? The Obsidian of old does not exist. Chris Avellone is a moron.
>>
>>316466831
yes, I realize all of this, hollywood was barely explored in the previous fallout games set in california.

you realize obsidian said they'd revisit angel's boneyard if they ever make an NV sequel?

and I liked mr house, him taking over disneyland with secuitrons makes sense. and don't pretend you wouldn't wanna ride space mountain and have it end with him popping up.
>>
>>316469438
What the hell are you talking about?

>>316471493
They censored Pillars of Eternity because SJWs complained.
>>
File: trapdisarmed.png (73 KB, 900x304) Image search: [Google]
trapdisarmed.png
73 KB, 900x304
>>316471651

kek how fitting
>>
>>316471681
>They censored Pillars of Eternity because SJWs complained.
That doesn't really make them SJW even though I didn't like it. If I'm not mistaken, they changed it with a more subtle joke.
>>
>>316471847
It's not like they were strongarmed into doing it. They could have ignored the SJWs and nothing would have happened. They did it because they wanted to.
>>
>>316467618
That's the most asspull statistic I've heard in ages.
>>
>>316471651
What did they do? I though Pillars was quite fitting given the genre? Or are you still throwing a bitch fit about pic related because a its maker wanted it replaced?
>>
>>316472185
Obsidian wanted to replace it because they didn't want SJWs to disapprove of them.
>>
>>316472430
Ah yes. The usual /v/ lies being spread around here to make them look bad as if they needed it.

Obsidian messaged the guy who made it and told him that even if he doesn't want to change it, they'd back him up. He changed it because he doesn't want to throw Obsidian under a bus of fat whinny whales.

Be a shitposter but be an informed shitposter at least.
>>
>>316472185

>kickstarter-backer NPCs plastered across the game
>message gets removed because of trans-outcry; person who created said message is asked "Do you wish to put in a new one, because we are removing this one." - there was no other option
>game has literally no choices, you either do A, A2, or B which is a variant of skipping the quest basically. Typical "Yes, yes, maybe" answer scheme.
>Maybe a dozent quests through the whole game, literally making it the shortest Obsidian RPG (Speedruns, compare them to BG2)
>literally a race of no-gendered africans who spout immersion-breaking nonsense, purposefully mirroring our nowadays pansy-society in the USA. "Bullying is wrong!", that's literally a quest and there's no way to do the "Bad guy" way. Only good, semi-good and neutral-good is possible.
>You can cheese the game, making it PISS easy with magic, which was literally impossible in BG/BG2.
>strong female characters are shoved into your face. It's not a bad thing, but there's a whole questline revolving around a raped woman who needs payback and who lectures you all the way there how to treat women, how is that okay?

>
>>
File: 1445885727092.jpg (36 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1445885727092.jpg
36 KB, 245x245
>>316472719
>kickstarter-backer NPCs plastered across the game

Holy fuck. I noticed midway through the game that something was off with these "goldplate" Npcs.

Their stories were so bland, boring as fuck and uninspired. Or the typical tough-guy, "psssh nothing personnel"-shit. *teleports behind you*
>>
>>316472687
Obsidian had no reason to care about the complaints, and they lied about not having vetted the content, and pretended they knew nothing about it. Then they got the backer involved instead of handling it themselves. The backer was pressured to do the "right thing" and censor the content so Obsidian doesn't get in trouble.

It's really fucking crazy how everyone has completely let Obsidian get away with this shit.
>>
>>316467480
This. I love the Mojave,but going in knowing all the unique weapon locations and quest outcomes and even dialogues just ruins the experience a bit.
By the way,I didn't really mod the game other than quality-of-life mods,are there any good story mods,shaking up the story,another starting location maybe and stuff like that?
>>
>>316473052
DUST. It's pretty new, set 20 years after the story of NV. It's scary as fuck though and depressing as shit if you install the "Spookay Radio" number-stations mod. The game is hard as fuck though!
>>
>>316471651
Chris Avellone left Obsidan, dude.

>>316470296
You realize Obsidian has never actually made a sequel to any games they've developed, right?

The large bulk of their games are sequels of games from other franchises they don't own.

So you have no way of knowing whether or not they would make a direct sequel.
>>
>>316473339
>What is NeverWinter Nights 2 and its expansions
>>
>>316473107
I'll check it out,thanks.
Hard is good though,with the right specs and builds at about level 25-30 the game becomes too easy even on Hardcore
>>
Guys, remember.

East Coast is entirely Bethesdas playground
Obsidian would do it further west, like New Orleans, the midwest, any NCR territory.
>>
>>316473402
>What is NeverWinter Nights 2
>Nights 2
>2

A sequel to Bioware's NeverWinter Nights.

>>316473406
Well you're in for a treat, because there are *no* right specs or builds for DUST.
>>
>>316473435
It's their way of tolerating each other's spin.
>>
>>316473520
Also because each studio is based there.

That's the main reason Fallout is set in southern California and Fallout 3 is set in the D.C. area.
>>
>>316468462
Alaska would be great,I may be wrong on this,I don't remember the first games very well,but there are practically no locations with snow. Jacobstown was great,the wasteland covered in snow,with tundra-related mutated wildlife,would be very refreshing visually.
>>
File: tumblr_lilgwo9G1Z1qevgkgo1_500.jpg (131 KB, 494x648) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lilgwo9G1Z1qevgkgo1_500.jpg
131 KB, 494x648
>>316460219
Kek
>>
>>316473017
Whoa whoa, pressured is a big word.
>>
>>316460064
Generally I agree with you.
However I think New Vegas was a fucking MAGICAL game and it used the same shitty framework that everyone seemed to dislike in FO3.

Who knows. I don't think an obsidian fallout is too farfetched, there's been rumors buzzing around about it since Fallout 4 got announced.
>>
>>316473017
>Then they got the backer involved instead of handling it themselves.
Well since the backer literally paid for it, it's only natural that the backer gets to decide what happens with his content.
>>
>>316474897
Even though I really REALLY liked NV, I seriously cannot imagine them using the dialogue wheel in a way that isn't confusing.

UNLESS they go full DE:HR, i don't see it happening.
>>
>>316471651
>people are upset because a character in a fictional universe has different opinions and view than they do

i dont want to be a styx in the mud but these are not the best of times
>>
>>316459120
The canon ending is...

Obsidian goes out of business.
>>
>>316474897
I just don't see Obsidian bringing back Skills and weapon condition. That'd be a major "FUCK YOU" to Bethesda, and I doubt Bethesda would even allow it.

Also there's no rumours about Fallout by Obsidian, it's just wishful thinking by /v/. No one else really wants it and Obsidian already have two/three projects on them:
> Pillars of Eterntiy: The White March 2 (probably already complete)
> Pillars of Eternity 2
> Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines sequel
>>
>>316475072
Obsidian had already approved the content for inclusion in the game and therefore taken responsibility for it.
>>
>>316459120
Why New Vegas? Why not New Atlanta?
Mutant native indians running post-apocalyptic casinos
>>
>>316475209
So? Them approving the content doesn't mean they can change it, remove it or keep it without the backer's consent.
>>
>>316475172
>Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines sequel
fuck you
>>
>>316475317
What?
Paradox bought White Wolf along with all its IPs

Then Obsidian tweeted "So it seems like Paradox bought WW and people want us to do something with it? Hmmm..."

Then Chris Avellone tweeted to Mitsoda's wife about getting him and Mitsoda on board for a sequel and Mitsoda said he was up to it.

Now tell me, what do you think is happening? Obsidian was in talks with WW to do a VtMB sequel before CCP bought them.
>>
>>316475282
There was no need for them to remove or change anything.

It also seems unlikely that they wouldn't have legally been able to change it without the backer's consent.
>>
>>316475435

I'm a fatalist. Sure is a shit game.
>>
>>316475172
>Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines sequel
>Bloodlines sequel
You do know Bloodlines is not the only VTM game, right?
>>
>>316475680
I do but why would they make anything else? No one in the videogames world gives a shit about anything other than VtMB
>>
>>316475736
To be fair, no one in videogames world gives a shit about VTMB either. It's a cult classic, but most people and devs don't give a fuck because of how broken it was. And kinda still is, even with patches.
Seriously, when was the last time you've seen it mentioned on any major gaming site?
>>
>>316475736
I mean I don't know a whole lot about the topic at hand but couldn't they do anything else in particular in the setting? I thought VtM only refers to something in particular while they could do a billion other things in the universe.
>>
File: fallout through the years.jpg (107 KB, 614x1188) Image search: [Google]
fallout through the years.jpg
107 KB, 614x1188
>>316459120

I don't think Todd would let it happen. He has made his casual Fallout with little to no effort and it's become a normie sensation.
He know he can just knock out another 2-3 of these now and they'll sell on brand recognition alone.
There's no need to let another studio like Obsidian take a share of the spoils.
>>
>>316476690
>not just a like button
Do you even streamline anon
>>
>>316477036

I didn't make it, but I think it holds true. There's no implication that the choice will result in different dialogue.
>>
>>316476690
Well fallout is just a "sci fi sandbox survival game" for them and not you know fallout we all know and love. They literally use it as sci fi elder scrolls.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.