[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have nothing against healers but as much as I tried, I never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: feminism.gif (116 KB, 255x230) Image search: [Google]
feminism.gif
116 KB, 255x230
I have nothing against healers but as much as I tried, I never understood the appeal of healing
Why do people like it? It felt like I wasn't actually fighting the enemies, didn't even feel like I was playing the game. Instead it felt like I was running around helping people play the game
>sitting back spamming buffs and heals
>not worrying much about the boss fucking your shit up
I only invested in leveling a healer in TERA and no other MMO. Only the healers in TERA are so boring?
I main support in MOBAs and still can't understand the appeal of healers in MMOs

pic unrelated
>>
> felt like I wasn't actually fighting the enemies, didn't even feel like I was playing the game. Instead it felt like I was running around helping people play the game
But that's exactly what supporting is like in KeK
>>
>>316455086
Someone has to take on the role of fuccboi
>>
>>316455418
As a support in league it feels like I'm babysitting a fucking retard at first, and giving him kills, the opportunity to farm etc.
It literally feels like you're making a man out of a big pussy.
Then, magically you become the heart of the team. You secure kills, initiate, throw CC like a motherfucker.
In Dota it's even better because you don't babysit retards as much.

Support is literally the best and most interesting role, where you fight enemies using your CC and just literally fuck shit up.
Take Leona for example, you literally combo people, annoy them like fuck, etc. Where in an MMO you literally sit back and don't fight, just spam some heals
>>
>>316455086
I like to erp heal with the squishy damage dealers
>>
I liked playing medic in TF2 because it always felt like I was helping the rest of my team. I could go and save people at the front lines, go find a few people on my team to pocket and help them massacre everyone.

The best part was that medic slots are always open.
>>
>>316455086
>throw some shields onto the tank, don't even give a fuck
>load a shitton of diseases onto the mob, spread them to nearby mobs, because I'm a motherfucking holy plague doctor
>make their skin boil from the inside
>my bitch handles all the healing

Eh, it's okay.
>>
>>316455086
its fun
>>
>>316455086
To get dungeons quickly or if your friends a tank you 2 can work together and clear most dungeons.
>>
>>316455086
>he doesn'tIke the feeling of knowing someone's life is in your hands?
Someone being a cunt? Fuck em, they can die.
>>
Party wipes, it's my fault.
Party clears, it's thanks to me.
You may not give a shit about your healer, but he gives a shit about you.
>>
>>316458536
This to be rather blunt ohana (translator's note: ohana means family)
>>
>>316455086
Depends on the game. Some games are better about it than others and give you more stuff to do than just play whack a mole with health bars.

The really GREAT games make sure you NEED to do things inbetween your heals. Other jobs like dealing damage, debuffing, clensing and so on.
>>
>>316460301
Literally this, and while healing the entire group I also have to be contributing to damage output.
Face it Healers are the most demanding and skilled role if you think healing is boring it's because you're shit.
>>
>>316455086
>not worrying much about the boss fucking your shit up
Because he's not. You're in the rear hardly taking any damage (if any) while everyone on the front lines are only alive because of you.
>>
>>316455086
I like doing it in multiplayer games because I am denying all the hard work by the opposing team
>>
The only time playing a healer felt good to me was in XIV.
This was mainly because you weren't stuck on holding the heal key down 25/7.
>>
File: 1426057070482.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1426057070482.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
Why do healers feel so entitled just for playing their role? It's not like you need to thank the DPS for attacking enemies or even the Tank for keeping the enemies off you.
>>
>>316455990
>As a support in league it feels like I'm babysitting a fucking retard at first, and giving him kills, the opportunity to farm etc.
>It literally feels like you're making a man out of a big pussy.
>Then, magically you become the heart of the team. You secure kills, initiate, throw CC like a motherfucker.
Leona player detected.
>>
>>316460301
>>316460537
enjoy hitting enrage without good dps
enjoy the tank getting fucked because he doesnt know how to use CDs.

theyre all important, and the best fights require your whole group to know what theyre doing and know theyre role

you guys are the kind of healers that dont heal cause you enjoy it, you do it cause you want to feel important NOW.
>>
Only fun thing about playing a healer is the feeling of superiority you get from it
>>
>>316460912
I do it because I enjoy having to pay full attention to everything going on in the fight.
DPS rotation and 'stay out of the fire' got boring. I treat being a healer more like playing a tactics game.
>>
Why are healers always homosexuals or women?
>>
File: 1347395245596.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1347395245596.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>316460912
>*votekicks u and replaces u with a less backchatty DPS in less than a minute*
Know your place, scum.
>>
Not so much healer
But I love playing support
It just feels good to be the buff that makes your entire side just that little extra powerful
>>
I'm looking forward to taking damage generating rage again

Those beta faggot healers are going to fuel my massive deeps while I stand in the fire
>>
>>316461010
It's a supportive role. Women like that.

Homosexuals have a similar brain chemistry compared to women, which is why you often see feminine behavior from them.
>>
>>316461251
Except that's wrong
>>
>v ignored the feminist bait

im proud
>>
>>316461325
We take healing seriously.
>>
>>316461318
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18559854
>>
File: v discusses healers.jpg (46 KB, 461x340) Image search: [Google]
v discusses healers.jpg
46 KB, 461x340
>>316461348
This
>>
>>316461325
Probably because it's been in every filename thread for months?
>>
File: 1351663441431.gif (1011 KB, 352x198) Image search: [Google]
1351663441431.gif
1011 KB, 352x198
>not being a boss healer
>not being invited to every event
>not being the reason you wipe
>not being praised job well done
>not being that faggot kuck standing in fire
I'm sorry faggo, I can't hear you over all your whining from being masturbating to your own damage out put. Nothing is more becoming as a fuccboi than damage dealers who still don't realize they are easily replaced.
>>
File: 1427834636418.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1427834636418.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>316460776
Their job is so boring and easy that the only validation they can ever feel is if people tell them they did ok.
>>
>>316461051
What the hell game are you playing? Healers get replaced as fast as DPS.

What's worse is actual good healers are hard to find. Most of you are so busy feeling important you dont understand your CDs and how to properly use them

Youre just slightly less common than DPS. Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>316462063
Dont forget they love feeling like just doing their job means that theyre carrying the group (in their eyes)

They wanna feel important when most of them are just average.
>>
>>316455086
I purely went healer at the start because I knew they would net me the most game time, and was an easy access to end game content, there is always a shortage of healers.

What I don't understand is the want to play a dps. The chances of you doing anything even remotely different meant you weren't pulling out large numbers, which all they seemed to care about, and most struggle to do even the most basic of commands, such as switching targets.

I have respect for those who Main dps, purely for roles that are meant to either focus down adds, or take down a mechanic of a boss, but to sit there and hit the same rotation in hope for a crit to see a minor difference in numbers is fucking bizarre.
>>
>>316460776

because its such a boring and autistic role that everyone feels bad for those who play it (except the healers themselves due to autism)
>>
>>316463075
>Goes on a rant
>Tells person that didn't even say anything remotely angry sounding to calm down.
Been 'roiding up for an LoL tournament?
>>
I Like healing because it makes me feel useful and I don't find it as stressful as having to worry about waving my Big Dick deeps meter around or trying to keep aggro off of trash that refuse to understand that there needs to be at least a little time for me to get started tanking
>>
I like to heal because my own wounds won't
>>
>>316463626
That's like really deep, dude.
>>
Healing is my favorite role. I don't just sit in a corner and spam buffs, I try to contribute to the fight as well, but supporting teammates is just something I like to do. I don't need to be on the front lines and just spam attacks to feel validated about contributing.
>>
>>316463995
>I don't need to be on the front lines and just spam attacks to feel validated about contributing
This.
Healing makes me feel good about helping the other team members, it's as simple as that.
And this stupid healslut meme couldn't be further from the truth. I don't need creepy dudes perving on me to feel sexy, because I know I have a boyfriend who loves me for more than that.
>>
>>316455086
I like to heal when I'm stoned, and generally do other things on my phone or whatever, like play OP'S pic related.

I dunno.. healing has always been relaxing for me. Just turn off the chat and keep the party alive kinda. Although I tend to be the reason a dungeon run fails, it still goes fine 3/5 of the time. I don't really get being serious about healing.

But then again, there's that "get berated like a good little healslut" meme and I suppose that's enough for some people.
>>
>ha i'm an manly alpha that only plays manly classes like facetank and braindead dps
>Time in que: 48 minutes 21 seconds
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.