[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a Ratchet & Clank thread Recently I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 16
File: Ratchet Japan eyebrows.jpg (43 KB, 631x714) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet Japan eyebrows.jpg
43 KB, 631x714
Let's have a Ratchet & Clank thread

Recently I've been playing through them again.

Yesterday I got to Dr. Nefarious on challenge mode in UYA, gave up on it 'cause I've beaten the game before and I'd really just like to move on. He just has too much HP and does too much damage, yo

Anyway, just started Tools of Destruction for the first time in like, eight years? It's weird how old this looks now when it used to be crazy beautiful (back of the box even says "the first game to truly deliver the long-sought 'You are playing a Pixar movie' experience.")

What was weirder was that I loaded up my old save thinking I'd just start on challenge mode, but turns out I was already in challenge mode ready to hit Ardolis. I don't remember anything about this game.

So far my thoughts are
GC>1>UYA
I don't have Deadlocked sadly.

My thoughts on Future, as of now, are
ItN>the rest
It's been so long since I played the first three that I really only remember ItN, which I had a lot of fun with.
>>
>>316454389
Why did they give him those rediculous eyebrows in the Japanese games? I understand changing the cover art but what is their thinking behind it? Do they honestly believe that the change would appeal to Japanese gamers more somehow?
>>
>>316455105
It did
>>
>>316455105
Added by request of SCEJ. They're also the reason he has stripes.
>>
File: ZMIiW4O.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
ZMIiW4O.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>316455105
Are you new? See Crash Bandicoot in Japan.
>>
>>316454389
This is the only example i can think of where Japs did something horribly wrong when they localized a game.
>>
>>316455696
They were worried about Crash being a huge flop in Japan because of how badly he tested. Then Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin took a day, gave him eyebrows and a smile and it became the biggest western game in Japan at the time.
>>
>>316455778
Japan has censored Western games a lot
>>
LAWREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENCE
>>
>>316454389
>GC>1>UYA

That is a mighty controversial opinion you've got there anon

>He just has too much HP and does too much damage, yo
You know you're meant to upgrade weapons right? Not only that but every attack neffy makes he telegraphs ahead of time with more than enough chance for you to avoid getting hit if you actually pay attention
>>
>>316455105
'Cause they're Big in Japan
>>
>>316455992
Usually its always the other way around
>>
>>316455105
>Do they honestly believe that the change would appeal to Japanese gamers more somehow?

Sony japan were the ones that told insomniac to change it. That and make his eyes more glossy
>>
>>316456921
>>316455445
Still doesn't explain what makes big eyebrows so appealing to Japan.
>>
>>316457160

Japan is just weird like that
>>
>>316457160
Japan are fucking weirdos.
>>
>>316456736
>You know you're meant to upgrade weapons right?
Most of my weapons were fully upgraded, up to Giga. I also have Infernox armor but he still slashes my HP like butter and completely destroys the shields. On CM at least, this game really jumps in difficulty out of nowhere in the last two or three planets. Really weird.

The only attack of his that was really fucking me over was the bombs, which are like a less-shit-but-still-shit version of those rockets that won the Snowbeast Award.

Also, RY3NO doesn't target him which is pretty shit
>>
>>316457160
>Still doesn't explain what makes big eyebrows so appealing to Japan.
I seriously doubt it does. It's just design by committee: Someone at Sony has a graph that says big eyebrows are more appealing, so they added big eyebrows in Japan.
>>
>>316457538
>which are like a less-shit-but-still-shit version of those rockets that won the Snowbeast Award.

Not at all, there is a fixed time between when nef throws the bomb and when it lands so it's up to you to jump at the right timing. It's not the same as those snowbeast rockets because those ones are fired as one projectile in a mass of enemies that you often will never notice, which is what makes it unfair. With nefarious it is literally the only thing attacking you, so it's perfectly acceptable for the game to expect you to pay attention

I don't say this often but this is a legitimate case of git gud, I can beat the whole game on challenge mode without ever buying an armor upgrade and still using the default gray armor you get at the very start of the game
>>
I love Ratchet and Clank to death but playing through Nexus gave me a headache. Do we know if the new game will be 30 or 60fps yet? day one purchase either way but it'll take me a lot longer to beat if I gotta deal with sandpapery smooth 30fps

As someone who only discovered the series two years ago:
3 > CiT > 2 > ToD > Size Matters > Deadlocked > 1 > QFB > Nexus but I love them all, even Nexus
>>
>>316458074

The PS4 game is going to be 30fps - but it has motion blur, and a friend of mine who played the game at some expo said he thought it was 60fps (which it's not but that suggests the motion blur might work pretty well)

I'm more concerned with it being a stable 30fps - unlike ITN, which was very unstable whenever you were shooting shit
>>
>>316458160
I might be able to live with that if the motion blur is good, hopefully it doesn't cover up the nicer graphics too much. is this Insomniac's first PS4 game?
>>
>>316457847
I felt like they were hard to dodge, or at least the shockwaves.

But I was using Lock-Strafe this time, when I used the third-person control scheme on my first playthrough. So I was doing the side-jump to avoid the bombs which is kind of awkward.

I mean I have beaten him, and I don't think that his attacks are like, unfair. My main issue is the amount of damage he deals. Even for challenge mode (which as I understand is just a locked "hard" setting), it feels like he's way too strong, which makes the margin for error frustratingly small.

And he definitely has too high defense/too much HP. A single shot from Giga Plasma Storm was basically equivalent to a pixel of his HP. That's some bullshit. Like that one giant robot from GC.

It wouldn't be so bad if dying didn't send you back to the first phase, and then you have to fight through all those enemies again before the second... fuck that. That's some Jak II-tier assholery.
>>
>>316458252
It's their first PS4 game, but they already have an Xbone game called Sunset Overdrive which I believe had a relatively positive critical reception. It's basically an open world ratchet and clank where just about every thing is a grind rail, from what I understand

>>316458375
Should've tried the more rapid fire weapons like the miniturret and the bouncer. Considering the rate of fire and instances of damage the plasma storm does, it's really not a good weapon to use on him. It's more for crowd control than bosses.
Also remember that every time you die the game makes itself a little easier
>>
Damn I love me R&C

I'm currently on 2 though, on the Snivelak boss. Fuck it.
>>
Anyone have the list of all the snowbeast award winners?
>>
>>316458880
Whats that
>>
>>316458957

The worst thing that made it into a finished game.
E.g. the yetis on the ice planet in 2.
>>
>>316458724
>every time you die the game makes itself a little easier
No, that's the normal game. The normal game moves between easy/medium/hard based on your performance.

And CM is locked to the hard setting.

>Bouncer
I did try that, unfortunately Nefarious is a fast motherfucker so it's hard to get a good shot in (and it still doesn't do enough damage)
The mini-turrets are one of the only Mega weapons I didn't buy actually.
>>
>>316456752
kek
>>
is the psp version any good?
>>
>>316454389
Was Tools of Destruction the last difficult Ratchet and Clank game?
>>
>>316459024

Size Matters is mediocre to average. Short game length, stiff controls, lame weapons. Don't spend much money on it, but check it out if you're interested.
>>
>>316459013
>No, that's the normal game. The normal game moves between easy/medium/hard based on your performance.
>And CM is locked to the hard setting.

That's not how it works at all though

>didn't buy the mini turret
you have nobody to blame but yourself
>>
>>316458375
>Like that one giant robot from GC.
That boss fight was terrible, what were they thinking? Did they get that far in that one LP the developers made and put on Youtube? It'd be interesting to see what they have to say about it.
>>316459024
It's my favourite PSP game
>>
>>316459043

The platinum cup on hard mode in ITN is a legitimate challenge
>>
>>316459043
I found that game to be easy. And boring. I completely gave up on the whole series after playing it, until some R&C thread convinced me to play the rest of the series. QFB was meh but CiT was pretty good. I still have to play ItN, but I'm playing some other games first.
>>
>>316456762
Not necessarily. Japan mostly censors violence, though.
>>
File: 1398922812944.png (247 KB, 546x366) Image search: [Google]
1398922812944.png
247 KB, 546x366
Just got ACiT few days ago, it's fucking awesome. Has the general gameplay improvements from ToD with even more. Looks way better, it doesn't feel like they are rushing trying to give you EVERY weapon. The way you move between levels is awesome, the GTA styled radio is cool but needs more stations. The Mario Galaxy mini moon levels are sweet. Kinda disappointed they're reusing Nefarious but I liked him so whatever.

>mfw so far
>>
>>316459118
>That's not how it works at all though
I'm like 98% sure that's how it was explained in the dev commentary

>>316459151
They cleared the whole game.

Apparently, during development that boss had even more health.
>>
>>316458880
http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Snowbeast_Award
Attosecond in google.
>>
>>316459151
>Did they get that far in that one LP the developers made and put on Youtube? It'd be interesting to see what they have to say about it.

They said that that mech boss originally had TWICE as much health
>>
>>316459258
I felt the same way at first, but imo it really dipped in quality in the middle.

Pretty good weapon selection though. And constructo mods are cool. And I liked Grummelnet.
>>
>>316459394
>>316459461
Christ, that's terrible
>>
File: 1443245519048.gif (318 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
1443245519048.gif
318 KB, 250x309
>>316459258
>The Mario Galaxy mini moon levels are sweet.

fucking triggered
Did you not play the PS2 games? Ratchet was doing spherical worlds long before mario
>>
>>316459258
Really? I played ACiT before and recently got ToD and I though ToD was immensely superior. Levels are much better designed and fun, mini-moons are annoying as hell, weaponry is cut down and some are absolutely useless, arena is much less fun, the whole story with Azimuth is a poor first attemp at drama and the most tedious part is Clank's time puzzles where the whole challenge is repeating same course through a room four times and each time you stand on a different button.
>>
File: Snowbeast_award.jpg (37 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Snowbeast_award.jpg
37 KB, 600x450
>>316459436
amazing
>>
Played UYA, ToD, QfB, ACiT and A4O. Liked all of them, even QfB for all two hours it lasted and A4O with single player mode. Would say UYA was the best. Tried playing GC and original game but they felt way too clunky, so I just put them on hold. Don't know about the rest.
>>
>>316459726
Not him, but Azimuth's plot was way better than Nefarious's. Nefarious's plan was probably the most generic evil scheme ever: "go back in time and make all the good guys ever lose."

Azimuth at least had something kind of interesting. The resolution of that plot, though, was pretty stupid. He literally changed his mind after learning that the Great Clock was not meant to be used that way. If they had told him that a long time ago, this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>316459683
I meant more that they are just tiny platforming/shooting challenges. And I haven't played the PS2 games in a very long time. Don't remember very disconnected side content that was just a tiny little moon especially don't remember there being that many if they were there.

>>316459726
I haven't finished ACiT but so far I like it a lot more, ToD got very samey to me after awhile and I wasn't a huge fan of a lot of the weapons. The clank sections are fucking not fun but they never really were
>>
>>316459930
I wonder what has won for their more recent r&c games.
>>
>>316460262
In ToD clank leves were at least short, his third level lasts for eternity, because each puzzle is
>Run as first clank to the button
>Run as second Clank to another button
>Run as third Clank to new button
>Run as fourth clank to one more button
>Rerun as first Clank to the button but add running to another bottun because fourth clank opened a new path
>Rerun as second Clank for same reason
>And hird
>And fourth
>And now back to first Clank because there's one more button to run to
And they just keep adding those iterations over and over, I didn't even want to go challenge mode because I didn't want to run that shitty level again. If anyone should've won snowbeast award it should've been the asshole who designed those puzzles, they're the worst thing I encountered in all of R&C games.
>>
>>316456489
THAT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO SIXTY SECONDS
>>
>>316456489
I don't really get Lawrence character, if he detests Nefarious so much why does he always sticks with him?
>>
>>316456762
This is a very misconception here on /v/. Japan censors Western games more often than Americans censor Japanese games. They not only censor for violence, but they're also censored for sexual content, believe it or not, since Japanese games can't show nipples without being slapped with a CERO Z rating.
>>
Those Giant Clank segments in 2 were really fun.

I wish more games did stuff like that.
>>
>>316455105
Japan really really likes it. Don't know why, but the kids love it.
>>
File: Feels of Destruction.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Feels of Destruction.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
>>316460785
>They thought the other died in the first game after getting into a fight
>reunited, they want to hug because they were so worried about each other
>they notice Talwyn is watching and don't want to be gay in front of her because they're worried she might be a Fujoshi
>>
>>316460852
Sasha>Talwyn
Just sayan.
>>
>>316460503

At least insomniac are aware that clank gameplay is traditionally the weakest part of ratchet games. I like how they actually gave him something unique to do in ACIT with the time recording puzzles and in ITN with the VVVVVV esque platforming

Vid related is clank gameplay in the new PS4 game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DkTpSYsPVA

Not sure what to think about it yet, it seems to be mostly a return to what they originally didn't like
>>
>>316460503
Clank segments have always been boring and repetitive.
>>
>>316461056

this desu
>>
>>316461137
That was way beyond boring and repetative. It lasts three times longer than any Ratchet level in the game.
>>
>tfw you realize every R&C game title is a sex reference
>>
>>316461191

How naive do you have to be to not pick up on 'Up Your Arsenal'? First time I asked my mom for the game she thought I swore at her
>>
>>316461191
Some of the rejected names for All 4 One are hilarious

> Multiple Organisms
> 4play
>>
>>316461346
kek
>>
>>316461191
well they began to stop doing that but yeah

>Up Your Arsenal
>Going Commando
>Size Matters
>Secret Agent Clank (SAC)
>Tools of Destruction
>Quest for Booty
>Crack in Time (Working title: Clock Blockers)
>All 4 One (Working titles: Bros B4 Foes/Multiple Organisms/4Play)
>Full Frontal Assault
>Into the Nexus (working title: Into the Nether Region)
>>
>>316461191
I wouldn't say they specifically refer to sex, going commando and crack in time are more of just smutty wordplay, but they don't go into sex directly. Also I have no idea what pun is in Tools of Destruction, unless it's just in calling main characters tools.
>>
>>316461439
Tools is referencing penises.

As in my dick is a tool of destruction.
>>
>>316461496
Never herd that before. Guess it's a britbong thing.
>>
>>316461424
>Clock Blockers

Holy fuck why didn't that make it
>>
You know what?

Tools of Destruction is probably not going to wind up being high on the Future tiers specifically because of all the SIXAXIS gimmicks

Like damn, I completely forgot about all of this. I only remembered it being used once in the falling segment during the opening.

>>316461246
Being American, it actually took me quite a while before actually making the connection, even after learning that Britbongs called it an "arse"
>>
>>316461424
>Multiple Organisms
fucking christ Insomniac
>>
>>316461424
>Bros B4 Foes
>>
>>316461631
You can just go into options and turn sixaxis support off, which I did right after I had to do halo jump with it for the first time. I can't even imagine how I'd be able to use decryptor with that shit.
>>
>>316461903
That name comes up a lot. One of the arena challenges in ACiT called that and as far as I'm concerned one fo the comic issues as well.
>>
>>316461631

Don't forget the tornado gun.
>>
>>316461985
It was useless anyway.
>>
So is the PS4 game going to be good?

I've had an itching for R&C but the HD collection doesn't ship where I am.
>>
>>316461985
And dynamo of doom.
>>316462040
You can buy all of the games in PSstore.
>>
>>316462040
They're all on PSN, dude.
>>
>>316462086

I can't even remember that one.
>>
>>316462086
>>316462129
Oh fuck I forgot that thing even existed. Guess I gotta start using that.
>>
>>316454389
Sup, I'm in the same boat, just finished up the OT and Tools.

I have mixed feelings on Tools, to me the control scheme was a case of, aint broke don't fix, and I didn't care for some of the weapons. The sixias shit didn't help.

Also what fucking mongoloid decided it was a good idea to no split the weapons/gadgets/tools and just let them mix around halfway through the screen.

I'm waiting on Booty to arrive but I'm kinda not really thrilled to go on, that cliffhanger was MML2 tier of horseshit and Percy was a really underwhelming antagonist. Also qwark just fucked off halfway through the plot which was pretty lame given how the OT set up his redemption.

Hopefully my fears will get BTFO.
>>
Razor Claw jumping is fun
>>
>>316461496
Tools isn't an innuendo, they didn't want to do them for that or Deadlocked.
>>
>>316462158
That was replacement for Tornado in ACiT, but unlike Tornado it always moved forward and you could only steer it with Sixaxis and only slightly.
>>
>>316461424
The new PS4 games working title was "Ratchet and Clank: The Game based on The Movie based on The Game
>>
>>316462293
That's not actually the title?
Gay.
>>
>>316462293

It's like Street Fighter.
>>
>>316462195
>I'm waiting on Booty to arrive

You bought a physical release of a 3 hour game?
>>
>>316462223
This reminded me of that hatemail they talked about getting in the developer commentary playthrough.

The one where they were criticized for their sex puns and asked them "What's next? Ratchet and Clank 4: I did your mom?"
>>
>>316462387
My understanding is ToD>QfB>AciT>ItN
I'm going for physical if at all possible
And doublechecking I realize now I was thinking of FFA
>>
>>316462396
>What's next? Ratchet and Clank 4: I did your mom?
Classic. I don't remember that in the podcast though.

Too bad the series is over and the channel is just Mike being depressing now.
>>
>>316462387
I downloaded QfB but I would like to import the EU physical at some point, since I want to have it on hand in the future, but my PS3's HDD is super small and the chassis' screws are fucked up so I can't put in a new one.

I don't care that the game is super short, I always prefer a physical copy.
>>
File: Render_Tankbot.png (273 KB, 634x629) Image search: [Google]
Render_Tankbot.png
273 KB, 634x629
Most underappreciated weapoon.
>>
>>316462648
Wait what? What happened, surely he can still get some work?
>>
>>316461605

too obvious, legal team shut it down
>>
>>316462040
>So is the PS4 game going to be good?

Everything's pointing in the right direction for it to be UYA/CIT tier, just don't get upset when they rewrite the story of the first game a bit
>>
>>316463157
What about the Blargian Snaglebeast?

Is that still the same? I heard they changed it and that scares me.
>>
>>316457160
Large bushy brows give them a mischievous but lovable look that fits with Japan's image of cute
>>
>>316455105
The japanese version of UYA also has exclusive multiplayer skins (the western PS3 versions have those skins).
>>
>>316462540
>>316462735
Fair enough, I suppose. I always like to have physical myself, but back when I first got into the series a few years ago there was no physical release as far as I knew. Plus I really wanted a pirate hat to wear in ACiT. It'll bullshit they stopped putting in a snowman skin.
>>
>>316463224
Look up on gameplay of it on Youtube.
>>
>>316462868
Have you not kept up witht he channel? Mike started a R&C1 playthrough but didnt have anyone to really play with, and he was only a tester on that game so it was pointless. Then he got a fan youtuber to be his cohost and everyone hated him, and they abruptly wrapped up the series. Then Mike and Tony started a new podcast about being developers and then stopped.

Now Mike is doing patreon making videos about game design, and interviewing his dev friends. He also does a Q&A each month for backers but barely gets any questions, and since he's on camera you juat see a sad looking unshaven man in a white t-shirt trying to answer questions that aren't there and mentioning how he doesn't have money.
>>
>>316454389
>GC>1>UYA
3=2>Deadlocked/Gladiator>1
That is about original releases on PS2. 1 Aged really badly. 3 has better last boss and I liked planets more. 2 had some annoying bugs, even in platinum rerelease.
4th one didn't feel like adventure at all. Weapons were fun. I liked premise of arena fights, but it was too short.
I haven't played any on PS3. I could borrow PS4 from friend. Are there any titles playable on it?
>>
File: 1414345640918.jpg (11 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
1414345640918.jpg
11 KB, 250x333
>>316463465
Oh damn, that sounds painful.
>>
>>316463224
They just copy pasted the war grok and gave him a new texture. Gotta get money out of those old assets.
>>
File: 1446139491580.jpg (136 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446139491580.jpg
136 KB, 500x375
>>316463395
>using any skin but Classic Ratchet or Tux
That's your opinion and you're entitled to itfagit

>>316463465
Wow that sounds, really depressing actually. I would have preferred the other guy but I didn't hate the youtuber, so long as they kept the facts coming, though I did drop it after like 3 episodes since they have no schedule.

Thats a shame, I loved learning about all the behind the scenes shit like sticking data at the middle of the disk and that other janky shit
>>
>>316459004
On yeah lol. God its been too long since I've replayed them all. Trying to lock in outnof my memory so that I don't have to suffer through the remakes being awful.
>>
File: 1446187420859.jpg (162 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
1446187420859.jpg
162 KB, 500x599
UYA>R&C>ToD>GC>DL
>>
>>316463629
But anon, those skins have been phased out almost at the same time as snowman. Now they just give you random enemies to dress up as. Though I did like the fact you could dress up as Azimuth and use his wrench staff to fight with. Kind of wish Ratchet would've used that in later games.
>>
>>316463570
It's not so bad when he goes off on a topic, but you can tell his audience isn't big enough to support this. There are some times when he just looks sad or awkward. He sounded like he was going to cry in the last one.

Watch this one at 24:30 to see what I mean.
http://youtu.be/BV2Nf1HEl5E

>>316463629
The british kid wasnt very good, there was one episode they just talked about Zelda and nothing about Ratchet. After the backlash he basically stopped talking.
>>
>>316464065

To his credit he did at least know the game inside out, it wasn't like it was a literal random youtuber
>>
>>316464065
>After the backlash he basically stopped talking.
Ouch, thats rough.

I can't stomach thought of watching someone who seems so vibrant and interested in his craft breaking down, so I'll pass on that video
>>
>>316464065
Poor guy, I hope he gets to work on another game soon. He's stuck in a huge slump from the look of him.
>>
>>316464065

I've honestly not noticed that yet, but I just listen to the audio in the background instead of actively paying attention to his face. As an ameteur game dev I find all of his videos and insight super useful, I don't exactly have the money to give him anything on patreon but maybe I should ask him a couple questions
>>
>>316460624
Because he gets big bux for being his servant
>>
>>316454389
Into the nexus is just a shorter and worse written Crack in time
>>
>>316464501
I'm not sure what it is. I know he worked on the new Ratchet and Clank to some extent. I don't know anything beyond that.
>>
>>316454389
>I gave up on Challenge Mode
Are you serious?
>He has too much health
Did you even buy the Omega weapons?
>UYA that low
Jesus Christ.
>>
Does Into the Nexus ever go on sale?
>>
>>316465430
How much does it cost now? It's been a couple years, I'd imagine it's had some price cuts
>>
>>316465290
As stated earlier in the thread, yes, I had a majority of the Mega weapons, fully upgraded to Giga. I also had the RY3NO but that doesn't work on Nefarious apparently.

I don't really have fun with UYA like I do the other games. The battle missions and overabundance of orange/brown color palettes are some of my major gripes. Having to use the monkey as Clank is easily the worst version of Clank gameplay in the whole series. I don't really care for a lot of the weapons.

Easily the narrative strongpoint of the PS2 games but otherwise I don't see why it's rated so highly among fans.
>>
>>316465508
Seems to be upwards of 20 bucks. Average seems to be around 16-17 bucks.
>>
>>316465561

I think it was 40 when it first came out

Game's about 5 hours long, and it requires at least 1 replay to 100% it. I would happily buy it for 20 but that's just me
>>
What's best RYNO and why is it RYNO IV-EVER?
>>
>>316465874
Probably not a popular opinion but the one in ItN that plays Night on Bald Mountain holds a place in my heart.
>>
>>316465874
RY3NO which plays 1812 overture.
>>
>>316465874

RYNO II, before it became the meme music weapon
>>
>>316465983

It just occurred to be that RY3NO stands for rip you 3 new ones
>>
>>316465932
The RYNO in Nexus is just a reskinned RYNOV with a different song
>>
>>316466170

It's rare for the ryno to be anything different to that minus the music
>>
>>316466208
Except RYNO's are always different. Nexus RYNO is exactly the same as ACIT but colored purple and plays a different song.
>>
>>316466208
You say that but RYNO V and the ItN RYNO are more or less the only ones that behave the way they do. Far as I remember in the first 3 they were wildly different, and I don't even remember Tools of Destruction. Did FFA and A4O have it?
>>
>>316466479
A4O had one but it was a powersuit and shot bullets I think. When multiple players use it a cutscene starts and it clears the screen.
>>
Hopefully the remake has some good platforming. I haven't played a good 3d platformer since CIT. 30fps kinda worries me tho.

So it's going to be a proper remake? Might be a system seller for me tbf.
>>
>>316466857

It's a bit more than a remake, more like a redo
there will be a large amount of creative liberties and adjustments, it's just based on the first game and adapting the plot from the movie (which itself takes a lot of creative liberties from the first game)
>>
>>316466857
As somebody who never cared about fps I have to say Into the Nexus is the only game that made me care about it. The gameplay was so different at 30, and most of the game felt off without the fps being locked.
>>
File: 1369114485650.jpg (54 KB, 505x505) Image search: [Google]
1369114485650.jpg
54 KB, 505x505
>Drek's original VA didn't come back
>>
>>316467591

It's been long enough now that I'm done being annoyed over the movie not closely following the original game
hope I can find the movie fun
>>
File: make it stop.jpg (156 KB, 938x487) Image search: [Google]
make it stop.jpg
156 KB, 938x487
>>316467591
>>316467775
>complaining about the minor differences in the Ratchet movie
Ahem
>>
>>316467591
>>316467591
>He got a check from the SAG union for Paul Giamatti and had to send it back to him
>turned out it was sent to him because he voiced Drek first
>He found out he got recasted over twitter
>>
>>316466479
ToD RYNO shot a bunch of homing lazers.
>>
>>316466479
If I remember correctly, the RYNO 4 shot a crapton of lasers.
>>
File: chrono triggered.jpg (38 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
chrono triggered.jpg
38 KB, 520x520
>>316467853
>>
File: Cast.png (555 KB, 538x417) Image search: [Google]
Cast.png
555 KB, 538x417
>>316467853

It's not so much the differences as it is all of the new elements look clearly designed by generic no name 3D animation studio instead of ratchet character designers
All of the original characters are just 'humanoid with x color skin'
>>
>>316467775
>>316467853
Come on, he was voiced by one of the best in the business. Anything else just feels paltry in comparison.

>>316467859
Wow. That's a fucking horrible way to break news.
>>
>>316468210

Cora, Grimroth, and Victor are fine.
>>
>>316468210
Literally who is everyone next to Drek?
>>
>>316460503
I never finished CiT because of the last shitty Clank puzzle. Fuck Clank.
>>
>>316469126
Boring OCs they made to give the game's story more push and to have more celebrity voices in the movie. Because you can't have a fucking movie in theaters without A-list celebrities to push your film.
>>
>>316469126

Victor is that one robot boss from the tree logging planet given a more significant role
the rest are OC donut steels
>>
>>316469126

Victor is Drek's right hand man.
The rest are Galactic Rangers.
>>
>>316468247
>he was voiced by one of the best in the business
Nah, he, like many voice actors, is just alright and spammed in every fucking cartoon of all time

I've heard the exact voice he uses for Drek for
>Captain Gantu in Lilo & Stitch
>Sheriff Blubs in Gravity Falls
>Korrok in John Dies at the End
>CMC Dolph in MGS2
>Happy Birthday in Regular Show
>"Various characters" in various series
I'm pretty sick of hearin' that voice honestly.

I don't know if Paul Giamatti is right for the part but I welcome a less common voice.
>>
>>316462213
It's why I rate the older game and ToD higher than aCiT sometimes.

I dont get why insomniac suddenly started using invisible walls, half the charm of the older games was the lack thereof.
>>
>>316469968

In the developer commentaries they said that sony will not allow a game to be published if there are any known bugs that allow you to break outside of the map. Not sure how extensive their conditions are because it's possible to break outisde of levels in just about every ratchet game - any game with a deployable collision box (decoy glove, miniturret, most recently the nightmare box in ITN too) can be exploited to push yourself so far into a corner you come out the other side
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.