[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: autism.jpg (156 KB, 620x718) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
156 KB, 620x718
how would you feel?
>>
>Shovel Knight

stop this meme
>>
>non-iconic 3rd parties

stop this meme
>>
>>316451617

>3 indie games
>>
>>316451617
>indieshit
fuck off
>>
>>316451943
Where have you been
Shovel knight is the best retro game ever
>>
>>316453767
>3 indie games

Must be 18 or older to post anon
>>
>implying the purple isn't grimace
>>
>>316454551
Not >>316451943 but it's a fucking game on
steam.
Fucking Shantae and King K. Rool have a much higher chance since they are actually IN FUCKING NINTENDO GAMES.
>>
I want shovel knight to fuck me in the ass and give me a prostate orgasm. I'm not gay btw, I would fuck Shantee
Hnng so hard right now, but im writing this fucking post on 4chan, this is like my first post on /v/ in months and im writing this gay shit while listening to True Capitalist Radio Ghost is back btw, SPREAD IT AROUND LIKE WILD FIRE

But hey, thats a good list OP I would like them in Smash Bros.
>>
>>316451617
>not the Smashified version of Shantae

Come on now
>>
File: 1444533692480.jpg (29 KB, 254x257) Image search: [Google]
1444533692480.jpg
29 KB, 254x257
>>316451943

>icons only
>same series that put the literal who climbers in their game
>>
>>316454701
Nigger Shovel Knight is on 3ds
>>
has ninty ever hinted or foreshadowed anything in a direct before
>>
>>316451617
Bad because Cloud is more deserving than indie characters,
>>
Holy shit, fuck off with this shit.

>Implying any of these have even the slightest chance besides K. Rool

AND I EVEN DOUBT THEY WILL EVEN BOTHER MENTIONING K. ROOL

After that whole shit, don't be surprised if fucking Goku makes it in before fucking K. Rool or whatever overhyped sensationalized icon from back in the days they decide to use. Compared to the big names in Smash, Shantae and Shovel Knight are FUCKING pebbles while the characters you find most likely for first party representation are just slightly bigger rocks at best.
>>
Super disappointed except for Rool.
>>
I'd be happy for more fighters because I'm a casual and enjoy this as a party game, not a fighter.
>>
K. Rool is a fat, lame scalie who would probably have moves stolen from Bowser. Shovel Knight is retarded, unimportant indie bullshit that is bound to be forgotten. Shantae is just like ZSS; sexy fanservice for young teens.

But hey, at least none of them use swords!
>>
>K Rool
Might b cool

>Shovel Knight
Hasn't even been to japan yet, far too new, far too derivative. No thanks.

>Shantae
I feel similarly about her as well

I'd be a little disappointed if we only got literally one Nintendo owned newcomer from all of this.
>>
>>316451617
>Shovel Knight
No thanks

>Shantae
No thanks

>K. Rool
FUCK NO
>>
>>316456421

Well, considering that Shante was a Nintendo exclusive for over two decades...
>>
>>316451617
Neither of these is bomber man
>>
RIDLEY
>>
>>316456421
k. rool will be mentioned if the ballot comes up. seriously, he's incredibly popular in japan and america. even if he just gets brought up off-hand to be btfo (i.e., mii costumes, "too big", sakurai has the final decision, etc.). he's guaranteed in that sense
>>
>>316458259
After cloud I don't think exclusives even matter anymore
>>
>>316458540
They never did. Why do you think Sonic got in? Or Pac Man? Both of those were Third-party whores.

Cloud is a gaming icon, which is why he's in.
>>
>>316454701
Sonic had games for Nintendo
Solid Snake had a few too
PacMan was before Mario but I'm sure had some in his 3D days
>>
>>316459251
ment for>>316459063
>>
>>316459251
Smash bros isn't about exclusivity or console representation anymore. It's more about iconic vidya (and previous characters)
>>
Why do people think Shovel Knight is a contender? AT ALL?

Has zero relationship to nintendo.

At least Cloud makes sense seeing as Nintendo is going to be putting out a new FF game in january.

NB: shovel knight was fun game.
>>
>>316451617

After Cloud was introduced those picks seem like a joke.

Just expect Inklings or some veterans and call it a day.
>>
>>316451617
Pretty plausible, that first one, green with a bit if yellow at the top

K.Rool all but kongfirmed desu
>>
>>316459367
See >>316459315

That said Shovel Knight is still stupid and has literally no chance to get into Smash. Same with Shantae and K.Rool. Not nearly iconic enough.
>>
>>316454897

Those weren't third party
>>
>>316454897
>ice climbers
>3rd party
>>
>>316459367
He's on Wii U and 3DS and has an amiibo.
>>
>>316451617
Cloud was added out of fucking nowhere and FF7 has never even been released on a Nintendo console.

So at this point whats stopping Nintendo from adding these characters in?

>Lego Chase
>Batman
>Commander Shepard
>Ryu Hayabusa
>Conner/Edward
>>
>>316459798
Well, first off, Batman didn't originate in vidya.

Second, Cloud's an iconic character. Those aren't.
>>
>>316451617
Would be totally ok with it since at this point everything is just icing on the cake. I got Sonic, Mega Man, and Mewtwo. Those were my hopes. Although I'd really like to see Snake return and Banjo & Kazooie make it in. It would also be nice for all the veterans to return (except for Pichu, who was pretty much useless, unless it can be totally revamped which I doubt)

More importantly, Sakurai tweeted that he fulfilled a pretty difficult request and that we would see in December's direct. A difficult request? I can only think of either Ridley (who was deemed too big), Ice Climbers (who couldn't run properly on the 3DS), or Snake (who could have either been a request by Kojima or a request by the fans that Konami was possibly being difficult about).

The European direct mentioned that this would be the last batch of DLC. Personally, I hope the end isn't near. I'd much rather take a big break, as Sakurai probably needs one, but with the power of DLC, a new installation becomes unnecessary, so Smash can continue to live on in the future. But then again, Sakurai did say a while back that there would be no DLC, so who knows.
>>
>>316459879
still there a fuckton of iconic characters that will never make it into smash, both in and outside of Nintendo games.
>>
>>316460293
Such as?

And I mean: ICONIC, it's one character who even dumb normies who play Fallout 4 on their Xbone know.
>>
>>316460146

>Sakurai tweeted that he fulfilled a pretty difficult request and that we would see in December's direct.

He was referring to Cloud.
>>
>>316451617
Replace King K. Rool with Sceptile and we have a deal.
>>
>>316460374
>sceptile
shit taste senpai
>>
>>316460404
>not liking Leaf blade Lizard
>>
>>316460146
>The European direct mentioned that this would be the last batch of DLC. Personally, I hope the end isn't near.
New stages and costumes are whatever, but they can't keep making new fighters. I mean, christ, they already have like 53 or something.
>>
>>316460445
grovyle would be better 2bh
>>
>>316459514
And?
>>
>>316451617
>Green, Blue, Purple
Frogger, Azura, and Ridley confirmed
>>
>Green
Sceptile

>Blue
Popo

>Purple
Nana
>>
>>316460358
But it's not December yet. Unless he's referring to the release date.
>>
File: 132148270917498098.jpg (74 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
132148270917498098.jpg
74 KB, 400x533
Being honest, if there was one potential indie rep to have in Smash, I'd want Juan from Guacamelee, not because of the character but because of his Luchador Wrestling style would add variety to the game and the play style he has in Guacamelee would be easy to translate over
>>
>>316454897
>first parties and third parties have the same standards meme
Stop it, stop it right now.
>>
>>316459251
They didn't get in for being Nintendo patriots though. Every third party character so far has been pretty iconic, Mega Man got in in particular because he was popular. Sega gave them the go-ahead for Sonic because he was popular as well. Snake and Pac-Man were special arrangements. Cloud is probably a popularity thing.

Sakurai always phrased the Nintendo appearance as a sort of matriculation requirement rather than the most pertinent issue in third party selection.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.