[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you guys happy that we're finally getting a devent story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 750x422
Are you guys happy that we're finally getting a devent story in WoW again; one without Orcs and with more alliance and forsaken focus?
>>
wow is a rip off of warhammer
>>
>rehash
>decent story

>>>/trash/
>>
Isnt storyline the thing they covered least? All we know is that we need the pillars in order to bust into the tomb and kill rude dudes.
>>
It's like they knew exactly what to put in the bring me back

>more lore with elf and undead story
>more alliance focus
>new continent
>overhaul of Rogue
>Demon Hunters
>Dungeons are back
>Class quests
>pvp talents
>scrapping the bullshit from previous raid structures
>talent revamp
>>
>>315843156
I dislike how they admitted they plan to scrap artifacts after the expansion though. Like I just cant see myself justifying throwing these things away. I hate to say it but I would prefer they just kept advancing the skill tree in the things than remove them at that point.
>>
I barely care about WoW anymore. That's not to say I don't care about it. It's just that I'm completely numb about it lately. For all the subscribers, for all the money, the game feels less involving than a fucking Text RPG.

I pretty much completely bailed on the game when Mists of Pandaria came out. I fucking hated Pandaland because everything had essentially become a cartoon with less emotional involvement than Adventure Time.

Character motivations don't make any fucking sense, writers completely forget what they were doing in the last expansion pack. Plot arcs that go nowhere just become completely forgotten about. They literally created an alternate version of Ner'zhul from a Draenor that he never blew up without mentioning of acknowledging him once since before Wrath of the Lich King, which was strange since that expansion pack was centered entirely around his backstory.

No matter what they promise in Legion I'm not touching it until they prove to me that it's not going to be more of the same bullshit. They cut half the content they promise from expansions anyway. They've been doing it since WoTLK They've been fucking the game dry for money and they're very likely past the point of no return.

I do care about WoW. It hurts me that it has gotten this shitty. From the completely unnecessary features like PET BATTLES being added to the fucking pop culture gimmicks they use for quest lines I just can't stand it anymore.
>>
>>315843365
Yeah seems weird getting that stuff only to lose it
>>
>>315843695
You fucked up because MoP was the best expansion since TBC and still is.
>>
>>315843365
it's not like they can't add more random skill trees whenever they want
>>
File: 1377918323958.jpg (47 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1377918323958.jpg
47 KB, 268x265
They're not bringing garrisons back, right?
>>
>>315843839
Yeah but were losing ALL those benefits that the artifact tree will give us. Instead of just building on it.
>>
>>315842798
Except forsaken it looks good.
>>
>>315842867
Warhammer is a ripoff of Lotr
>>
>>315843695

Sadly, pet battles/collection was one of the most well done things added to the game since...err...uh...tbc?
>>
File: 1422212553584.jpg (269 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
1422212553584.jpg
269 KB, 640x451
>>315842867
>rip off of warhammer
>>
Maybe. I can't really count on the "decent story" part.
>>
>>315842798
>without Orcs
Metzen will find a way to sneak the orcs in there as the real heroes, just wait
>>
>>315844525
You know Marines are real right, and if they were in space they'd be called... Space Marines.
>>
>>315844972
>and if they were in space they'd be called... Space Marines.
Because..? They acts more like Airbone troops.
>>
>>315845158
What the fuck are Airborne troops?
>>
>>315842798
>no new battlegrounds for the second expansion in a row
"Guys this time It will be different!"
>>
File: 0dc5c44b57d5.jpg (370 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
0dc5c44b57d5.jpg
370 KB, 1024x768
>>315844525

Are you fucking retarded, or just a Reddit hipster?
>>
>>315845686
>PvP
literally who cares
>>
>>315842798
>Good story
Questing experience sounds like a fucking mess. Go anywhere and do anything at any time doesn't lead to a good story.
>>
>>315845686
This really stuck out to me, because I love doing BG's no matter how awful they are.

That Orb BG is my favorite. Wish they'd do more to keep the rotation fresh. Right now they got a good bit of battlegrounds to rotate through, more would only make that even better. Probably the only reason I subscribe are for battlegrounds
>>
File: Siggi.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Siggi.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
>>315845810
Nice try.
Warhammer (2015)
>>
>>315846003

Don't talk to me about Age of Sigmar. I'll fly into an autistic tantrum and neither of us want that.
>>
>>315845945
>every time I queue for a battleground I only ever get strand

And this is one of the reasons I don't play the game.
>>
>Still no 10 man
Pass
>>
>>315842798
any mention of blizzard games should be banned. I am tired of those shillers.
>>
>>315845915
>>315845945
>they spent all this time redesigning the pvp system to have the bullshit CoD prestige system
>even created talent trees specifically for pvp
>no new pvp maps

Why? It's like they started rehauling pvp and the realized, "Wait a second, we don't give a shit about the fans of the state of the game, why are we working on something that won't earn us money?" And stopped before the intern could quickly make a map in the map editor
>>
>All these promises about class quests, professions updates, challenge mode difficulty levels, transmog collection, class changes, items with unique abilities, massive talent system changes and artifact traits

Now I'm sad because I know Blizzard won't implement even half of this
>>
>>315842798
Hate to say it but it's just the same smoke they blew up your ass for WoD. It will fail because of bullshit. Blizzard has a history of cutting content they promised shortly before launch. MoP got this, but to a much less degree than WoD. WoD got gutted, and I hate to say it, but Legion will too. Blizzard is now Activision, and Activision is just wanting more money. Look at Destiny for more proof. The story of Destiny was rich with questlines and story but was gutted when Bungie got told to rewrite the story. People will still buy Legion though. The hype will get them.
>>
File: 96lq48.jpg (19 KB, 257x404) Image search: [Google]
96lq48.jpg
19 KB, 257x404
Warcraft field marshal's aegis (vanilla).
>>
>>315846393
-> >>315846003
Yeah, bad Blizzard stole something from Warhammer again, using time's traveling machine.
>>
>game peaked in TBC
>ulduar was the last high point
>in decline ever since
>dungeons turned from non-linear exploration experiences to loot hallways
>classes homogenized
>freedom and customization taken away
>casualization and elimination of social element replaced by facebook apps
>>
>>315844525
>starship troopers is the definitive "space marine" book
>term never used in the book
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>caring about lore after wrath
>>
>>315846337
>class changes
meh i'll believe it when i see it, how many expansions have the promised to fix disc at this point
>>
>>315846645
What's wrong with it? I thought its single target healing was good
>>
>>315846535
>Rob Pardo and everyone that stood for quality left the company halfway through wrath
>community, depth, immersion all replaced with convenience

Warned you niggers for years and you laughed it off and just kept going "BUT ITS THE MOSTBPOPULAR MMO!!!"

Congratulations, this is what you get. Bend over, preorder, and keeping taking it up the ass every month like the pussy ass autistic keked faggots you are
>>
File: oh oliver.jpg (509 KB, 800x1144) Image search: [Google]
oh oliver.jpg
509 KB, 800x1144
Wait, didn't blizzcon just get over? haven't heard shit except that cgi mess they released for their movie.
Did they reveal anything new?
>>
>>315846535
>ulduar was the last high point

completely agreed. shame it took so long to come out. had some really funhard modes that were built right into the fights you could active..had the hardest boss ever made..awesome final boss encounter.. great gear.

shit was amazing
>>
>>315846785
Fuckloads
>>
>>315846768

>implying I still play

I completely agree with you. There hasn't been a dev since that understood how to give the player base what they wanted without giving them everything they wanted.

They just sort of opened the floodgates to every whining babby wish and really destroyed the gaming experience because of it. They really just started to listen to the wrong people.
>>
>>315847073
not gonna watch all that shit butreading mmo-champ it seems pretty vague
>>
>>315845945
I bet you play Alliance
>>
>>315846768
It seriously is the best MMO out there. SWTOR, GW2, FFXIV, Aion, ESO, Rift are still all worse
>>
>>315846393

I guess you really are a retard. The Emperor from 40k has been wearing gilded armor with pauldrons for almost 30 fucking years.
>>
File: tableflip.gif (421 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
tableflip.gif
421 KB, 400x225
>>315846824

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GG323s_CaQ

>there will never be another ulduar
>>
Everything looks great on paper, the question is, how will they fuck it all up? Because as we all know, they WILL fuck it up.
>>
>>315847386

Ulduar sucked.

The Titans sucked.

The backstory of the Dwarves and Gnomes sucks.

Blizzard ruined the entire narrative in Wrath of the Lich King by spending time on the Titans instead of dedicating the entire thing to an Arthas vs. Ner'zhul conflict that causes the Scourge to splinter in two.

Fuck blizzard.
>>
>>315847354
Hahaha, best only by numbers because of the amount of keked Blizzard drones

Even the ffxiv threads are more active than the wow ones on 4chan. The wow threads are nothing but furry and avatar spam
>>
>>315846337
>class quests
Will literally just be a slightly different questline you do in 15 minutes to get your artifact weapon
>professions updates
Added ranks to professions so you have to grind more to find the rarest one. Will probably be time gated as badly as in WoD
>massive talent system changes
None were shown so I'm guessing they won't be that massive afterall

I'll be buying the expansion anyways
>>
>>315847472
I seriously doubt they'll allow lots of new talents and all of these abilities which artifacts offer because otherwise PVPers will scream their heads off about balance again. Blizzard seems to need the simplest system possible to balance classes
>>
>>315847632
Yeah but I'm just saying in terms of quality all of those games are still worse than WoW. Even Warlords was better than Heavenshit and Heart of Bores
>>
>>315845686
theres enough bg's as it is

remove sota and ioc and one of the mop ones and you can consider adding a new one
>>
>>315842798
I don't care, if I ever play WOW again it'll be on Nostalrius like server or blizzards own WOTLK legacy servers, I'm simply not gonna back to retail after three consecutive failures and ripoffs in row.

Even SJW Wars 2 is better.
>>
>>315847632
FF is actually trash, black desert will remove it from existence
>>
>>315847760
At least Heavenshit is getting more than one content patch.
>>
>>315847902
Pandaria was not a failure
>>
>>315847902
MoP wasn't bad.
>>
>>315848018
If only the content was actually good.
>>
>>315847902
You have a very broad definition of failure that somehow includes the success range.
>>
>>315847898
This, hate the game all you want, the fans are getting tons of content and they're happy as shit. Blizzard fans are either in angst ridden denial or throwing a fit for all the shit Blizzard does. "Here's two capital cities LOL JK we removed them, also a continent is missing. Also no Tanaan Jungle for a year. Also next expansion won't have any battlegrounds again. Also professions are still shit."

Hahahahahah, it's so fucking funny. I swear they have Stockholm syndrome >>315847902
>>
> Just enough alliance focus to kill off their leader.

Yeah i highly doubt it's going to be good.
>>
Artifacts that are already in game are fucking stupid, and Demonhunter looks really out of place.
>>
>>315842798
>Watch the CGI trailer
>Get hyped
>Remember how bad WoD was
>Suddenly no longer care

All I do in WoW is ERP in Goldshire on a F2P account.
>>
>>315842798
Pretty interested, they've been referencing shit all the way back from cata about this "epic leejun" war incoming so maybe some cool stuff will happen.
>>
Legion is going to be the last WoW expansion.... right? right???
>>
>>315846072
I dunno man I kinda want to see this autistic tantrum of yours.
I'm only just getting into Warhammer vidya myself with Dawn of War 2, so gimme the scoop, what tickles your taint about Age of Sigmar? Is it the thing fantasy Warhammer got totally destroyed for?
>>
>>315848290
>using the Stockholm syndrome meme
>>
>>315847271
horde. got a tauren boomkin. alliance are no fun to play with. i hate that they can mercenary over now...
>>
>>315848027
>>315848090
MOP was slighty tolerable because it had it's own island with it's own lore, kinda like northrend.
But Cataclysm? Just fucked everything I loved up, you can't even play WoW for nostalgia now, WoD? Fucked everything you've known since TBC up, Legion and it's Demon Hunters? What the fuck is going to happen with Demonology Warcocks?
>>
>>315848590
>>315848432
Trailer or no trailer, they still aren't going to release content for 15 months. This will be the longest content drought ever for the game

There is a reason they are not reportingn subscribers anymore
>>
Can't wait to get legendaries as random drops from monsters
>>
>>315842798
no
>>
>>315848659
>he thinks it's a meme
>>
>>315848758
>Longest content drought
>In the expansion with no fucking content

Man, WoW is fucked, isn't it?
>>
>>315848753
>What the fuck is going to happen with Demonology Warcocks
They go back to summoning demons instead of transforming into one
>>
>>315848758
Pretty sure they are aiming for a summer release and september is just their fallback if it gets pushed back
>>
>>315848904
apparently they forgot people weren't paying them to sit on their asses
>>
I'm hype, from what we saw it looks like there will be more shit to do in the expansion.
>>
File: 1409862216555.jpg (98 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1409862216555.jpg
98 KB, 900x900
>>315843982
They are called class halls now.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 250x350
>WoWkeks try to shitpost about FFXIV having a 4 month "content drought".
>End up with a 1 patch expansion with a 15 month content drought.
Karma.
>>
>>315848753

>What the fuck is going to happen with Demonology Warcocks?

They're going to become totally fucking useless because Blizzard just passed their entire gimmick off on another class.
>>
>>315849170
What exactly does that mean
>>
>>315848905
>>315849197
God fucking damn, really? The ability set you got from transforming is what I liked about it
>>
>>315849221

It means that all the characters in your definitely-not-a-garrison are going to worship you as the best *insert class here* and you'll get to make decisions that ultimately don't matter.
>>
>>315843156
>overhaul of Rogue

I'm pretty sure what they're gonna do with Combat/Outlaw is simply that, just change the name. Otherwise, that proposed Subtlety change sounds neato.
>>
>>315849074
I just don't understand what's happening with Blizzard. Warlords wasn't some low budget expansion, how the hell did they make an expansion for an MMO with nothing to do?

How did Blizz screw up so bad that the Kung Fu Panda expansion was better than the Draenor expansion?
>>
>>315849380
So they just changed the name?
Sounded like it was gunna be a class hangout. That's gay.
>>
>>315849195
It's honestly delicious. What's great is school kept me busy so I haven't even experienced Heavensward yet. This Christmas I get sooooo much shit to do in Heavensward, I'm giddy just thinking about it

>waking up early and making myself some hot coco while I turn on my computer and watch the snow fall, petting my kitty while snuggled in winter blanket while I hear the beautiful login screen serenading me to play in Eorzea

Beyond comfy, I'm reaching a comfy singularity
>>
>>315847363
Id didn't see lion on the chest, did't see blue as second color, didn't see paladins magic.
>>
>>315849197
>because Blizzard just passed their entire gimmick off on another class.

Explain.
>>
>>315843156
>>Dungeons are back
You'll have to elaborate further, where did they go? How are they coming back?
>>
>>315849497
It is, actually. It's not instanced so you can hang out with other people of your own class.
>>
>>315849591
Demonology warlocks used to be able to turn into a demon

They are taking that away and giving it to demon hunters
>>
>>315849221
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Order_Hall
>In Legion, each player will take charge of an Order Hall — a site of great power linked closely to a character’s class and cause. The Order Hall will serve as each hero’s base of operations — and a bastion of hope — during their journey to the Broken Isles. From there, players will send NPC followers on missions to help defend Azeroth from the demonic incursion . . . and forge their Artifact into a Legion-felling force to be reckoned with.
You tell me
>>
>>315849616
They're becoming relevant again.
>>
>>315849591
I assume transformation will be part of Demon Hunters abilities
>>
>SUBS HALVED IN ONE YEAR(10M -> 5M)
>15 MONTH I REPEAT 15 MONTH CONTENT DROUGHT
>"HEY GUISE WE'RE NOT GONNA REPORT SUBS ANYMORE LOL"

wow is literally kill, will be surprised if there is even 2m left a few months before legion
>>
>>315849696
how so?
>>
>>315849616
They have 5 leveling dungeons and 5 max level dungeons instead of 4 leveling dungeons and 4 max level dungeons

Hence WoW fans are worshipping the ground netizen steps on for blessing them with such abundant content

>tfw no face to use when this is literally fuckin true
>>
>>315849481
A fucking terrible story. Guldan is a power rangers villain
>>
>>315849736
You forgot the part where it went
>6M -> 10M -> 5M
All that false hope. I mean, Legion sounds much better than Warlords, but yeah.

>>315849762
Dungeons are getting some sort of scaling system in the new challenge mode system where you run more difficult versions of the dungeon with different modifiers a la Diablo, such as enemies exploding shortly after death, enraging enemies, that kind of shit. I assume the gear you get scales depending on how far you go.
>>
>>315849762
5 mans scale with you, and are now an alternative to raiding. Imagine Halo skulls being difficulty modifiers, and throw those in dugeons with different effects. The faster you clear and the more skulls you have on at higher difficulties, the better gear you get. Eventually it should get so hard you cannot finish, but I'm sure teams will find ways to cheese easy top notch gear.
>>315849826
Silly goose
>>
>>315849861
>MoP orc garrosh is villain
>lol he escapes
>WoD orc Gul'Dan is villain
>lol he escapes

they pay for this shit
>>
>>315850013
>I assume the gear you get scales depending on how far you go.
Inb4 it's just all transmog gear
>>
>>315849590

I don't see any Griffins or Twin-tailed comets on the Warcraft armor either. Face the facts: Gilded armor with banner motifs weren't invented by Warcraft. Now fuck off.

>>315848618

>what tickles your taint about Age of Sigmar? Is it the thing fantasy Warhammer got totally destroyed for?

Age of Sigmar is basically the Warhammer setting after Chaos consumed the world and killed everybody. They changed the tabletop and art style to reflect 40k more which pisses me the fuck off. It's basically Medieval Space Marines at this point, which is really fucking annoying since the only people before that Mega-Pauldrons were reserved for Chaos or Warrior Monks. Age of Sigmar is basically GW's way of milking as much money out of something as they can with the minimum of effort invested into it.
>>
>early access DH

nope
>>
>>315850274
Pretty sure it's for a week before the actual expansion launches so it doesn't even matter
>>
>>315850262
Sounds horrible. Why is DoW2 CR playable in DoW2 but Retribution isn't
>>
>>315850274
>15 months no content
>early access is a week before

KEKED again
>>
>>315849669
Who cares Warlocks and Hunters are basically identical now.

Demonology=Beastmaster which I am fine with considering they are adding a lot more demons this expansion.
>>
>>315850604
>he's gonna play the expansion
>>
>>315850073
>Garrosh is dead
>Gul'Dan will die in Suramar Palace
>>
>>315850421

CR was originally built on top of the Games of Windows platform whereas Retribution is built to work on Steamworks. It's because the two platforms access, use, and save data differently.
>>
>>315850665
>he's gunna shitpost is Legion threads
It is amazing how cynical /v/ is
>>
>tfw have no friends to play wow with
>don't care about long content draught because I can just unsub
>spent 3 months playing WoD and won't touch it again
You don't HAVE to be subbed 24/7. There are other games to play
>>
>>315850787
>>315850787
Well I'd play the game if there was shit to do

Let me just run the same raid/dungeon/garrison/shipyard bullshit that I have been doing for months and will keep doing for ten more months

Anyone still playing before Legion it's had confirmed autism
>>
>Another year+ lead-up to an expansion with no content
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>315849447
they said they're changing the aoe/rotation because right now it's incredibly bland (literally like 3 buttons to press, one more to toggle for aoe)
>>
>>315842798
Meh WoW is okay, I just pirate absolutely everything else, figured I might give something a little back :). There's been a massive influx of meh games recently
>>
>>315850453
Another zone is being released next month
>>
>>315851037
I haven't fully cleared mythic Hellfire so I am still playing, but keep projecting
>>
>>315850687
Neat, thanks friend. Any other good Warhammer games to look out for? Fantasy or sci-fi, I've no preference
>>
>>315850112
no, they said it'll be a viable alternative to raiding, so it'll probably be on par with mythic gear eventually
>>
>>315847531
>instead of dedicating the entire thing to an Arthas vs. Ner'zhul conflict that causes the Scourge to splinter in two.

Impossible, Arthas consumed Ner'zhul inside his mind in a book.
>>
>>315851284
>Implying difficulty levels = content

Kill yourself immediately
>>
>>315851597
For me it does because they are different fights
>>
>>315844013
I think they want to avoid players having 15 talent trees in 3 expansions time

Besides, they'll probably add some of the good bonuses to the classes permanently after Legion
>>
File: chris-metzen.jpg (9 KB, 260x201) Image search: [Google]
chris-metzen.jpg
9 KB, 260x201
>>315851828
Thanks for the money, bro
>>
>>315851994
this thread is now corrupted
>>
File: WoWPanel219[1].jpg (227 KB, 1439x811) Image search: [Google]
WoWPanel219[1].jpg
227 KB, 1439x811
Some of the changes sound amazing:
- scaling level zones, nonlinear questing
- class halls, feeling like your class, class-specific quests and events
- warcraft Valhalla and Hades zone, Shadowfang Keep 2.0 (Black Rook hold), 10 lore-relevant dungeons, and the promise of a Karazhan 5 man dungeon in 7.1

But it might be too little too late.
>>
File: Julie Danziger.jpg (98 KB, 730x530) Image search: [Google]
Julie Danziger.jpg
98 KB, 730x530
>the wardrobe

THAT of all things won me over. Before you say "it'll be cut", this isn't something pointless like the dance studio. This is something that's actually a selling point for the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the "we'll go back and see every quest you completed" part because that seems like it might be a bitch to implement
>>
>>315851304

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

https://warhammer.totalwar.com/

>>315851558

>Impossible, Arthas consumed Ner'zhul inside his mind in a book.

Oh you mean like how Frostmourne ate Arthas soul before he even became the Lich King, and how his soul should have been one of the souls in Frostmourne within the game? How about Matthias Lehner underneath Icecrown Citadel? Why and how did Arthas' soul and humanity somehow separate from him and manage to actively work against him if Arthas can just freely consume and destroy parts of the Lich King's psyche?

I don't buy it. It's horse shit. Lazy awful writing from people who don't know or give a fuck about the material they're working with.
>>
Make sure to pre-order this expansion and Overwatch guys. Legion is totally not going to flop like WoD and definitely isn't half-assed and rushed.

You guys fall for this shit... every... single... time.

Move on. They do not care about WoW anymore. Legion is going to be shit. I'm telling you, it is going to suck. Ah who am I kidding? Me saying that won't stop millions of fanboys buying Blizzard's shit and making investors happy.
>>
>>315852067
>scaling level zones
Am I the only one who doesn't like this? It always felt good going back to lower level zones and wrecking the low level monsters. Made it obvious you had become more powerful
>>
>>315852110
>Why and how did Arthas' soul and humanity somehow separate from him

He literally ripped it out and threw it in a hole. The game addresses this
>>
>>315851994
Thanks for the game, bro. Money isn't an issue because I'm not poor and $180 a year for entertainment I enjoy is pretty cheap.
>>
>>315852110
Nigger what? There are literally books upon books of lore for the game that are well constructed and there's backstory on so many different characters.

Also, I don't think you know how Frostmourne works.
>>
>>315852069
>I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the "we'll go back and see every quest you completed" part because that seems like it might be a bitch to implement
It's actually really easy since they have all that shit in their database already. Would have been great if they did that for all the tier sets you have collected and since deleted but they probably don't have that info saved
>>
>>315852204
>Make sure to pre-order this expansion

I already did

>and Overwatch

But I don't play shooters.

>Legion is totally not going to flop like WoD

But WoD didn't flop, it sold 10 million copies at 50 bucks a piece. By definition that isn't a flop considering how much it cost to make by comparison.
>>
>>315852249
>You're poor if you don't support Blizzard and buy their diarrhea

Blizzdrone logic
>>
>>315852223

So why didn't he just destroy them entirely like he destroyed Ner'zhul? I guess the most evil man on the planet who has let his soul be eaten by a sword is too much of a pussy to get rid of his humanity? Give me a break.

>>315852324

>Also, I don't think you know how Frostmourne works.

Nobody knows how it works because it's all a load of horse shit. There is absolutely no consistency between Warcraft 3, the novels, and World of Warcraft.
>>
>>315849337
well now you can play a DH for that because it fits them more. plus, why wouldn't you wanna summon shit tons of demons?
>>
>>315852420
>So why didn't he just destroy them entirely like he destroyed Ner'zhul?

Because as shown when Tirion smashed it, it severely weakens him
>>
>>315852204
I like the game and don't mind buying the expansion to see all the new stuff. I just won't stick around for long
>>
I just started an account recently and I cannot stand what they have done to the classes.

Lock was my favorite class but Demo feels so clunky and weird. I'm trying to find a class that they haven't destroyed yet. Is there any?
>>
>>315852504

So what you're telling me is that a cheap macguffin is somehow good writing?
>>
>>315842798
I am pretty hyped for legion. It interested me more then draenor. The main thing is that I don't want to make the effort to become "raid-ready" anymore.
>>
>>315852412
>Reading comprehension
>>
>>315852564
Nope. Mage is still fun but most specs have been obliterated.
>>
>>315852664

I didn't say it was, I was just addressing something in your post.
>>
File: 1420576777076.png (470 KB, 792x818) Image search: [Google]
1420576777076.png
470 KB, 792x818
>>315852069
It was bound to come, I don't think Blizzard comprehended how popular transmog was going to be, not only in terms of customization, but something that has screwed up the prices of old green gear, encouraging players to run old content, ect.

Despite two tabs of Void Storage, 30 slot bags, Reagent Tab, and the regular Bank, people are still clamoring for space to store practically every outfit they could find, even going so far as to get a Guild Bank to horde it all.

Now with Wardrobe and Tabard Tab coming, space issues have been practically resolved now.

>TFW Wardrobe saved the boredom of Blizzcon
>>
>Warcraft moive is painting the orcs as dindu nuffins

why is this okay?
>>
>>315852835

Warcraft 1 barely had any lore to begin with.
>>
>>315852069
Theres a tool on wowhead that shows you every quest you've done, if they can access it with the armory API I'm sure blizzard can too
>>
>>315842798
Go away Blizzard shill, no one here actually thinks the story is going to be good unless they're legitimately a Blizzard employee
>>
>>315852835
Just the brown ones

>why is this okay?
Because Blizzard doesn't want either faction to be the good guy or the bad guy, so they all have to be a little bit of both.
>>
>>315852835
you gotta have sympathetic antagonists or you'll get panned as childish
>>
>>315852923
They've since filled in the lore around the events of WC1 though

>destroy your home planet
>invade another
>HOOMANS SAVE US
>>
>>315852069
yeah, those cheers were the loudest out of literally any of the announcements this weekend. that will become a priority after hearing that reaction.
>>
>>315852926

The Mogit addon does it as well, in terms of looking at a quest reward item and seeing if you have completed it or not.
>>
>>315852998

But the orc were sympathetic, kinda. The blood rage made them betray everything they stood for as a race and turned them into monsters.

Except Kargath. He was always a shithead
>>
Couldn't care less. I'm burnt out on WoW after close to 10 years. I barely played MoP and barely touched WoD. It doesn't matter if they changed everything I'm just done because time, man.
>>
>>315852069
gimme sauce you son of a bitch

Google, iqdb, nothing is helping
>>
Can we all just agree that THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A LICH KING is the most retarded thing in WoW lore?

I mean, besides the rape that Kael/Vashj/Illidan suffered in BC I guess.
>>
File: smallhand.jpg (64 KB, 994x898) Image search: [Google]
smallhand.jpg
64 KB, 994x898
For me,

Pros:
10 actual dungeons on release.
Pvp talents & pvp scaling.
Nonlinear leveling system.
Adventure mode-ish system, basically stole Fates from FXIV and public quests for Warhammer online (good shit).
Class and profession quests.
Path of Exile-styled dungeon modifiers.
Neat world-drop legendaries with unique effects.
Will be coming out the gate with heroic and mythic dungeons.
New class.
No Ashran.
No orcs.

Cons:
Even more class mechanics are being dumbed down.
Huge talent overhaul leaves lots of room for error.
No guarantee that what they work on will be good.
Dungeon challenge stuff will be timed.
No new races.
Huge content drought between now and then.
No guarantee they will pay attention to BETA feedback this time.
No plans for new BGs, arenas, or even attempt to reuse wintergrasp/tol barad.
Big expansion pre-event is a Scenario, they already announced no world events.
Versatility is still a stat.

tl;dr I'll need to see how everything works when the beta starts. Then I'll need to see how they handle feedback in the beta. If both end up being gucci, I'll buy it.
>>
>>315852365
they do have a lot of your deleted/vendored items saved up to a certain point i believe. source: the item restoration system on the website
>>
>>315853291
>implying most of what they're talking about will even make it
>>
>>315852749

Yeah well the point I was making is that the writing is lazy and inconsistent. It colors the whole story like a childish fairy tale instead of a fantasy setting that involves:

Slavery
Genocide
Genocidal Slavery
Necromancy
Enslaving Genocide Victims with Necromancy
Genocide of Enslaved Genocide Victims

Slaughtering future victims of genocidal necromancers in order to prevent them from causing harm to the rest of the Kingdom.

Turning to the genocidal necromancy you were working against in a long journey to destroy those responsible for laying your kingdom low while all your friends and loved ones abandon you for your increasingly destructive behavior until you ultimately become what you sought to destroy.

After all that what finally lays you low is a macguffin that doesn't make any sense and a bunch of nameless assholes you could have killed if your soul eating sword didn't shit its pants because there was a paladin nearby.

Then a few years down the line we'll throw in drunk pandas and a monkey-man race that speak in broken English and throw their poop as an attack.
>>
File: Consider-The-Following.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Consider-The-Following.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>315847354
Being the best MMO is like being the best turd in the toilet, they're all still shit as a whole.

Face it Anon, it's time to play something else. There are better genres and games out there.
>>
>>315852994
actually Blizzard (Metzen) did want that. the original script proposed by Metzen made the alliance out to be the good guys and the horde to be the bad guys. Duncan Jones said that was too black and white so he rewrote the script to paint a more complex picture.
>>
>>315852210
>It always felt good going back to lower level zones and wrecking the low level monsters.
You can still do that, once you hit max level and start getting progressively better gear, since scaling stops being a factor at max level onwards.

But the scaling fixes the problem of zones becoming 'obsolete'. For one thing you can maintain a similar quality of loot dropping from all zones, maintain a similar player population, etc, all problems caused by zones not scaling. I actually wish they'd go back and make Azeroth and all the previous expansion locations scale. I wouldn't mind questing in Azeroth at max level, since I never did all the new quests after the Cata revamp.
>>
>>315848727
Trust me, faggot. Nobody but the worst alliance are using merc mode to skip a queue. It isn't worth being forced to queue with people who have no fucking idea of what they're supposed to be doing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gca_alIfxAs

>that first time you stepped through the portal
>that big ass battle you fly over

The scripted events of WoD and MoP can't compete. TBC and Wrath had their introductions done right with just throwing you into a different continent world and leaving you to explore it. Now its hand holding with each quest.
>>
I'm holding out my opinion until later in beta and we actually see what's in it. I havent played in 9months and I feel very numb about the game right now.
I felt super hyped about wod after all when they showed it at blizzcon and look at the steaming pile of shit it was.

I want wow to be good again. Because I miss how it used to be and the rest of the genres in t shitter right now. But I'm just really doubting it can ever be that good again.
>>
>>315853520
Nostalgia my friend. It wasn't as great as you remember.
>>
>>315853448
Really? I had no idea. I was just basing that off my impression of what little I know about Warcraft's history
>>
>When we discover Alleria and Turalyon in Legion, the way you view WoW will change. Amazing things in store.
Who the fuck are they trying to kid with this shit? I'd rather not have them in the game at this point, they're just going to ruin their characters.
>>
>>315852835
>the Warcraft movie is Warcraft 1, not 3

Why is THIS okay?

You can actually turn WC3 into a movie trilogy, there's plenty of overarching themes, no purely black/white shit going on, etc.
>>
>>315853738

There's literally too much backstory to explain with 3, and 1 is easy to tell
>>
>>315853738
movies aren't just made for the fans, they're made for people unfamiliar with the story too. they kinda had to start with warcraft 1 since that's where the series begins, and if it does well then we'll probably see more films spawned from it (though the story will almost assuredly be reworked from the original in order to fit time constraints and whatnot)
>>
>>315853659
>hurr rose tinted goggles.

I'm talking about a design decision here. Before WoW questing became popular culture inspired gimmicks there was a sense of choosing your own adventure, or choosing what chores or errands you wanted to do.

Now it's "Do this right now or else you can't open up the next quest hub".
>>
File: 0WbUEHO.png (378 KB, 1058x636) Image search: [Google]
0WbUEHO.png
378 KB, 1058x636
>>315851015
Why don't they just go buy to play then? Why even have a sub fee anymore? They sort of do that with gold now, but honestly they should just have people buy expansions, play them, have a shop that they already have, and that's it. They would make infinitely more money and people would be less pissy if the game was buy to play and actually WAS on a "cyclical content" plan like they claim it is now.
>>
>>315853659
play nostalrius, vanilla world building was just on a completely different level

>>315853712
guess what they're corrupted
>>
>>315853738
So they can make a WC 1, 2 and 3 trilogy
>>
>>315853836
lol what choices in the past? it was either "do these horribly designed quests" or "straight up grind"
>>
>>315853712
>Amazing things in [the Blizzard] store.
>>
>>315853712
>the way you view WoW will change

Will they remind players that this is a decade's old game running on an even older engine by a developer who no longer cares for the health of said game?

As long as those quarterly reports look good, I guess.
>>
>>315853879
Because there are still millions of people giving them $15 per month. There's even more idiotic people who are paying for other peoples subs for $20 per month
>>
>>315853738
so they can churn out more shit pandering 3d cgi movies if it's successful. I hope to god it won't be
>>
>>315852067
>things Blizzard presents sound amazing
I mean that's pretty much every expansion preview in a nutshell

Take a look here:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1874264-A-collection-of-all-known-cut-delayed-content-in-Warlords-of-Draenor
>>
>>315853943
Now its only "do these horribly designed quests".
>>
>>315846645
a little late but

disc is going to be a hybrid healing/dps spec

you roll out buffs onto raid/party members while using dmg abilities that will then directly heal those with said buffs, buffs have to be reapplied after a certain time

50%dmg 50%healing

for all those boss 25 man boss encounters where you could either get by 5 healers or used 6 for insurance? well now you can have a hybrid that will heal and dps

not sure what the real benefits to having a hybrid spec but i suppose we will see
>>
>>315852835
Do you really think it would be a wise move financially to make a totally one sided movie of humans killing orcs?
>>
>world content is just another loremaster cheevo to hit end game content
>end game content is just more tanann style questing, except continent wide
>more raids and dungeons that are just linear grinds
>class design is still boring as shit

Gee, thanks blizzard, can't wait to double jump
>>
>>315854137
someone didn't play the last two expansions
>>
>>315854139
i thought they said it's mostly gonna be dps, not 50/50
>>
>>315854139
so exactly how they were in mop when they were a joke
>>
>Alliance and Horde are coming together in your Class Hall to confront a common enemy.
Oh yes, there's nothing more to enjoy than watching Horde races in the Silver Hand Class Hall, a faction originally created to kill Horde.
>>
>>315854407
times change
>>
>>315854467
Fuck you.
>>
>>315854148
Short term no. Long term, yes.
Too bad neo-Blizz is chained by Activision, who only cares about short-term profits.
>>
>>315854148

You're forgetting that the orcs win in WC1. Quite handily too.
>>
>>315853291
>10 dungeons that are still shorter then a single run of deadmines on nostralius
>PVP talents and PVP scaling, because that doesn't already exist, you're just shoehorned into being bottom barrel once you hit 110 reguardless
>Too bad its only about 1-5 hours of content before you jump into the repetitious end game
>Public quests were always awful in the games they were in, won't be an exception here
>dungeons will still be linear grinds, add all the modifiers you want, the gear you get will be boring 10% dps increases, only there to gate you with ilvl
>Legendaries everyone gets, "unique effects" are on par with D3 artifacts, aka boring
>heroic and mythic dungeons will still be linear, faceroll grinds
>a new class that does what 5 other classes do already
>No ashran is cool
>there will be orc jesus, don't forget metzen runs this shit.
>>
>>315854735
Even worse for a mainstream audience
>>
>>315854748

Why do you even fucking play MMOs?
>>
>>315854994
95% of the people in any given WoW thread doesn't even play WoW anymore, they just love to shitpost about it because they're lonely and bored
>>
>>315854994
To explore a world with friends, something modern MMOs are shit at, especially WOW, where the only group based content is a repetitious chore.

Probably why minecraft become so damn popular while MMOs are dying.
>>
File: sad beep.png (112 KB, 225x209) Image search: [Google]
sad beep.png
112 KB, 225x209
>no one cares about LotV but me
>i was the only person in the blizzcon threads watching the panels for that
>whenever I make a thread on it, it dies purely from inactivity
>>
File: flamedog.jpg (580 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
flamedog.jpg
580 KB, 1920x1080
Stay hot Dog!
>>
>>315855182
Not even blizzard care about SC2

Why do you expect people here to?
>>
>>315855162

Then go back to fucking Everquest. I play WoW to kill monsters with my friends.

>Probably why minecraft become so damn popular while MMOs are dying.

Minecraft primarily became popular because it didn't cost 15 a month.
>>
File: 1352595941297.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1352595941297.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>315855182
>Actually caring about something that should have been released 5 years ago
>>
>>315854251
it is 50/50, exactly so, dmg scales directly to healing done, 10k smite = 10k in healing to buffed members

>>315854404
wait and see my friend
>>
>>315855182
Should have gone to the SC2 generals on /vg/

They were mostly talking about the esports matches tho
>>
>>315855284

Yes asshole, because I play ladder, something that changes over time with new content or not.
>>
>>315855279
Even everquest devolved into the WOW formula.

And project 1999 can only do so much.

Had hopes for Everquest next, but that is pretty much vaporware now, guess I gotta stick to shitty f2p indie garbage and survival MMOs.
>>
>>315842798

OMG people still play this game? Bwahahah!
>>
>>315855423

The old formula died because people didn't care about it anymore.
>>
>>315855436
Come on, atleast put some effort into your trolling
>>
>buttmad blizzdrones salty that blizzard doesn't have an original bone it its body.
>>
>>315848758
again, a little late to reply but

pre-expansion events are on their way, the broken shore, expect it late winter early spring

beta testers will finalize some of the events planned
>>
>Death Knight runes restricted gameplay, so there are now 6 runes, one type, don't worry about what types are off cooldown anymore.

jus relax breh, no need to be a tryhard anymore =D
>>
So how about that movie? Will it be good?
>>
Rehashed trash with resurrected gul'dan and illidan (too much "dan")
Not to mention Sylvanas look like shit now, and we will most probably kill Jaina(because reasons)

Let this game die for fuck sake
>>
>>315855626

Who knows? The movie is being directed by a guy that I think only has 2 other films to his name. In fairness though, his last movie was really good.
>>
>>315855616
rofl because dk was too hard to play before
>>
>>315845686
Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>315855713

Trailer looks alright, I'm not even mad at the CGI because that's how Warcraft (and WoW) games look like.

I'm glad it is not WoW's lore, there is some hope.
>>
>>315855630
who cares about the story though?

normal people play wow just to do some raids and dungeons with guildm8s, so the gameplay is the importan thing right?
>>
>still no trans* character

fucking dropped
>>
>>315849447
late to reply but

Dalaran will have a free for all pvp area in its Underbelly, you will be able to bribe guards to ignore your transgressions

rogues can pickpocket other rogues within their class hall

believe me when i say this, you will not want to loiter around your Hall for long

or you may find yourself penniless
>>
>>315855828

The important thing is having friends to play with.

People seriously underestimate how important that is to the MMO experience. Going online and whether or not your friends are on too can make or break your play session that day
>>
>>315853291
>No guarantee that what they work on will be good.
This should really be overshadowing everything you're saying more than you make it out to be. It won't be. They always flash some awesome shit at you, and then you stop playing before your first payment. Every expansion is, "Oh, we're gonna fix that thing you hated that we did!" And then it's even worse.
>>
>>315855559

I tried to capture my exact feelings the moment I read OP's post. What you read is actually my exact thoughts.

Needless to say....BWAHAHAHAH game died almost a decade ago.
>>
>>315855861
Illidan is a transdemon
>>
>>315856076
>>>/r/guildwars2
>>
File: 1439912914064.jpg (78 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1439912914064.jpg
78 KB, 680x583
>>315852324
>warcraft books
>well constructed
>>
>>315854748
Deadmines wasn't long because it was hard or interesting. If you want that find a private server that will let you spend an hour or so running SFK in the WoW beta builds when soulstones had to be carried by the group member, and gave res sickness when used.

You're misunderstanding how pvp scaling works, if you think the new system is similar to resil/pvp power/pvp item level then reread that shit.

That doesn't make nonlinear questing a bad thing, even if it lasts shorter than you would like it.

Public quests were fine, that shit was one of the better parts of WAR.

Are you really bitching about dungeons being grindy when you mentioned deadmines being boring, repetitious shit earlier was a good thing? Also, CM dungeons scale up with your ilevel, they're not gear checks.

So your complaint is their % to drop might be too high? Mine is that none of them are that interesting so far, like the sword from Sunken Temple that can spawn whelps on hit.

Probably. The fact they hyped up the modifiers in CM dungeons to be "trying to aoe this down kills you" tells me the normal and heroic modes will be facerolls. However the CM dungeons with those modifiers will require proper CC and so play like a standard TBC instances - which is good.

That's what people said about monks and they play great. Whether they're competitive without making rogues pointless (again) is another issue.

As Metzen continues to go bald so will Thrall, I'm sure his focus will be on getting magical elf Rogaine - far away from the main plot.
>>
File: truth.png (247 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
247 KB, 700x600
>>315855828
Even the raids and dungeons are really really shit these days.

and whats the fucking point of gear if the class mechanics are garbage and designed around unfun "balance"
>>
>>315854748
>I hate everyone and everything and I'm going to project bad things out of my ass
>>
>>315855616
>tfw unholy DK had 4 death 2 unholy runes after being in combat for ~30 seconds already anyway
what the fuck blizzard
>>
File: suicidalpepe.png (131 KB, 437x470) Image search: [Google]
suicidalpepe.png
131 KB, 437x470
>>315855616
they fucking what?
>>
>>315855980
>This should really be overshadowing everything you're saying more than you make it out to be. It won't be.

That's why I plan on watching how the beta plays out. I saw how WoD was handled in beta (it was awful), thought "this will probably be dealt with a month or so after release" and nothing was done. Shame on me.

However, if the beta shows it's garbage and they still do nothing to fix it I'll accept legion was what it is and continue to play vermintide, poe, dota, etc. I think too many people confuse "looking to see if the game manages to pull a 180 and become good again" with "becoming super invested with it and pre-ordering after blizzcon hype."
>>
>>315856881
unfortunately you really can't tell how an expansion is going to go based on release, even cata started out fucking great
>>
>>315856881
Can you talk about how was WoD handled and why it was awful?
>>
File: 6ce.png (137 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
6ce.png
137 KB, 350x350
>another nail in the 3.3 coffin
>more metagamey crap designed to keep people on the treadmill
>calling their linear quest system "Open" just because you can do them in any order now, even though you still have to do each questchain reguardless
>Gear is still going to be boring as shit, class mechanics will still be holy trinity in PVE and cooldown based PVP
>PVP balance is going to be a shitfest where you're weekly caps keep you from actually using your basic PVP abilities until you've grinded honor for 3 months, and people are cheering for the human racial nerf, which wasn't even that bad before they removed RNG from PVE trinkets
>>
>>315855940
>Rogues can pickpocket other rogues in their class hall
That sounds neat, but there is no way in hell it will actually be looting another player's real gold/silver. It will be an entirely separate loot table and probably put a debuff on the looted dude so you can't abuse the amazing 20 silver you just grabbed from nowhere.

I mean, the idea is neat but it will absolutely be a meaningless flavor thing and not something you could actually have fun with. Probably a cooldown on it as well just to double make sure you don't exploit the whole 20 silver you got over and over from everyone else afk in the shit eating garris-class hall.
>>
>>315857281
>PVP balance is going to be a shitfest where you're weekly caps keep you from actually using your basic PVP abilities until you've grinded honor for 3 months

this is straight up wrong

oh well heres your (you)
>>
File: jokeq.png (2 KB, 244x226) Image search: [Google]
jokeq.png
2 KB, 244x226
>>315856980
>Even cata started out great
It killed almost all 25 man raiding guilds
Looking for dungeon was a clusterfuck full of vote kick trolling
The release event was the worst so far
Vashj'ir exists

Not to mention the rest of the expansion was also terrible.
>>
>>315857615

He's talking about how for a short time the 5 man heroics were actually difficult.

Then they got nerfed at the same time that everyone was already geared up from doing them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.