[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Overwatch confirmed shit >TF2 threads start to pop up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
>Overwatch confirmed shit
>TF2 threads start to pop up again
Where were you when a 8 year old game helped make a new game dead on arrival?
>>
File: 1432222000758.jpg (590 KB, 5000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1432222000758.jpg
590 KB, 5000x2000
What the fuck is this meme that TF2 has anything in common with Overwatch? They both look different, have different gameplay and are both made by different companies. The fact that few TF2 youtubers/streamers are now trying overwatch doesnt mean that anyone else from TF2 thinks that Overwatch is an "upgrade" to it nor has anything in common with tf2.
>>
>>315637725

yea but the tracer kinda is like the scout and they have a sniper its the same
>>
bonk
>>
>>315637725
they're both class based multiplayer shooter that have maps with different objectives that rely on team work.
>>
>>315639085
>team work
That's nothing like tf2.
>>
I don't see that many tf2 threads
>>
Dont you have a undertale thread to falseflag and shitpost in?
>>
>>315637725
What? They're both similar in gameplay, like a lot of team based FPS. Similar game modes, emphasize team work, tf2 with more variety of anything.
>>
>>315639191
It will be once Valve gets off their asses and finally implements competitive servers.
>>
>>315637725
Don't you know? Glorious Valve tapped out everything possible with the FPSRPG genre of course? They only add in new features when their developing for other games their working on but everything that could be done has been done with wonderful Team Fortress 2.
>>
>>315637203
How is overwatch confirmed shit?
>>
>>315637725
It might help if Overwatch wasn't taking its biggest game mode straight from TF2
>>
>>315639808
>Blizzard
>>
>>315639313
competitive tf2 servers exist, TF2 has nether been a game about ratings or anything though.
>>
File: 1381997016289.jpg (86 KB, 457x450) Image search: [Google]
1381997016289.jpg
86 KB, 457x450
>blizzard is trying to charge $60 for this
>>
>>315637203
it's like tf2 except it's even MORE dependent on teamwork. Part of what made TF2 special was being able to dominate the entire enemy team on your own back, in Overwatch it's nearly impossible.
>>
>>315639869
Great rebuttal.
4chan users being fags as usual.
>>
>>315640048
>in Overwatch it's nearly impossible.

GOOD
>>
>>315640048

>play tf2
>end up carrying my whole team
>yell at everyone to push the cart since no one wants to help me
>all of a sudden 5 scouts on the cart
>>
The real question I have is that if its better than Dirty Bomb Because for a free game it's pretty damned fun.
>>
>>315640048
>in Overwatch it's nearly impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwa7ZvL1pGU

coolmatt69 carried that shit. In pub games Reaper carries hard because shitters just run into him one at a time feeding him delicious health orbs

Same sort of thing with Bastion, people just haphazardly round the corner into eleven barrels of hell
>>
>>315640143
bye reddit
>>
tf2 will kill overwatch when it adds competitive matchmaking.
>>
Is there a way I can still access the beta?
>>
>>315641135
Lol I knew you were going to say that. I'm not a redditard but too many 4chan users like being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Blizzard has starcraft at least which is popular, so hopefully this will become popular as well.
>>
File: 1444481673203.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444481673203.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>315640540
>play tf2 doomsday
>on the blue team there is a soldier supported by a medic rekking us
>switch to heavy start fucking them up, but have a hard time due to that soldier
>5 scouts on the team
>ask for medic
>nothing
>somehow still manage to get situation under control, lead the scoreboard
>look at my team still 3 scouts but there are 4 spies now, still no medic
>ask for medic again
>no reaction, they try to kick me for inactivity
>mfw
>>
>>315641017
wow quake players stomped some babbies! surely means a lot.. also he didnt do it alone. mercy dmg amp + widow/mcgee = broken shit.
>>
>>315640540
are you trying to shill tf2 and say it has an actually mentally functional community in 2015? because it doesn't and you're a lying piece of shit.
>>
>>315642459
Im not. I've thought for some time that TF2 players are dumb but it's probably just the younger more inexperienced players
>chase after guy
>runs inside building
>can tell that he's around the corner waiting for me to come in
>go through alternate entrance
>10 seconds later
>still squatting down around the door waiting for me
This happens frequently.
>>
>>315641391
>join tf2 server on dustbowl
>that part where you gotta cross a bridge and there's a bunker near it on blu side
>back up with 50 HP
>ask a medic for healing
>he looks straight at me with his 20 unusual cosmetics
>takes a solid 7 seconds to switch from medigun to syringe gun
>proceeds to fire at me with all 40 syringes
>content that i'm not a spy, he takes a further 5 seconds to switch back to medigun
>in the time it took him to discern that i am not a spy and to start healing me a demoman came around the corner and blew us both the fuck up

i could've just picked up a medkit in the same amount of time

i was so awe-struck that i just straight up disconnected and uninstalled.

same shit with csgo on american servers. 3 american dudes talking shit acting like they're great and this is in the bag because 3 people on the enemy team are 150 ping.

we're CT side. I go B. my team mates all go A. One gets picked off trying to peek on A. I get picked off by 4 rushing B. The other three dudes proceeded to go mid and go through this vent to get into B site. All three got knived to death coming through the vent.

I had no fucking words dude. I just disconnected. Abandoned. Uninstalled.

Fucking people these days I swear to fuck they're so STUPID.
>>
>>315642885
>>315642913

stop playing pubs
>>
>>315641320
not him but,
seriously, how fucking new are you
>>
>>315641489

The point was that he carried the team you doublenigger
>>
>>315639941
>Never been a game about ratings
Which is why the lobby exists in the game for competitive, but hasn't been implemented yet.
>>
>>315641320
>contrarian buzzword
>>
Getting rid of the pay wall is the worst thing that ever happened to TF2. Overwatch is already far better than it with that alone.
>>
>>315639941
dude competitive servers aren't going to do anything. they're going to introduce a rating system for it to hook rating autists and then you can sit back and watch the 'competitive community' shit itself as it becomes filled with people NOT interested with actually playing properly, but autists playing solo and staying quiet the entire match.

you better hope to fucking god they never release competitive mode for TF2. It WILL kill it just like it killed CSGO and DOTA.
>>
>>315644987
CSGO has a pay wall and people still get into it and shit it up as much as any f2p game.
>>
>>315645189

a good example to the contrary would be dota

Old game with a constant following gets an official competitive scene and explodes in popularity.

Solid mechanics is what makes a game worth having a comp scene. TF2 is 100% one of those.

meanwhile overwatch is running on the re-purposed diablo 3 physics engine smrt decided that stuns - auto aims - wall hacks - rezz's etc.. would be a great idea to tack onto tf2 and not even trying to implement quake style movement for the casuals.

way to sink your own ship before it leaves harbor blizz.
>>
>>315646110
you can have an official competitive scene without a ranked mode

do you think people feel obligated to try harder because it's ranked? because it's not true in the slightest.
>>
>>315644602
>cookie cutter response #58364
>>
>>315639858
what do you mean?
>>
>>315637203
Overwatch feels like a forced meme.
>>
>>315646592
I'm assuming he means the Payload game mode
>>
>>315637203
But TF2 has gone to shit as well, anon.
>>
>>315640042
really?
>>
>>315647104
There's preorders available from gamestop for Overwatch. 60$
>>
I'm just here for the sweet sweet s-s-s-sweet cans
>>
>>315646435

your logical misunderstanding is

competitive =/= ranking system

either that or you're doing a very poor job of explaining yourself.

also:
> do you think people feel obligated to try harder because it's ranked? because it's not true in the slightest.

solid reasoning ub&
>>
>>315640042
it's free to play even on consoles just like Smite. You can pay extra for bullshit to put in your room and show off.
>>
>>315637725
>same gameplay
>same class archetypes
>same objectives
>same maps
Right, nothing in common at all.
>>
>>315642913
>trying this hard
>on pubs
>>
Why is it shit again?
>>
>>315641017
So what is this? Quake players versus shitty streamers who are only in the beta because they can shill the game?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He_rcRGvLlw

>quit tf2
>see videos like this
>come back

i do this like every few months,there is no escaping this game
>>
>Battlefield Heroes will kill TF2!
>Brink will kill TF2!
>SMNC will kill TF2!
>Gotham City Impostors will kill TF2!
>Loadout will kill TF2!
>Overwatch will kill TF2!

TF2 always wins, baby. TF2 always wins.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.