[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any PC mod that allows me to run while shooting? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: re4.jpg (306 KB, 1066x465) Image search: [Google]
re4.jpg
306 KB, 1066x465
Is there any PC mod that allows me to run while shooting? It's so fucking annoying that I can't move around while aiming my gun. Such a dated mechanic.
>>
>>315636818

>Always hear /v/ going on about RE4
>"appropriate' a copy to see what the hype is
>No moving while aiming, linear as fuck, and clunky and draggy as fuck

you fuckers amaze me sometimes.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
Resident Evil has always been built on restricted movement. 4 would be shit if you could move and shoot, it wasn't designed for that.

That's why Twin Snakes was shit, it added first person aiming to a game not designed for it and made it easy as fuck.
>>
>>315637042
TRIGGERED
>>
>>315636818
>>315637042
its a mechanic that makes sense in regards to other elements of the game (enemy movement, level lay out, etc.) if your too retarded to see that than just fuck off
>>
>>315637061
/thread
>>
Well the game IS from 2005. It's almost 11 years old. That being said, it works perfectly with the way the game is designed. Most people here who got it on launch have beaten it on Professional, easily. You just really need to get good, and I suggest not playing the originals either.
>>
>>315636818
dont you dare casualize that game you filthy shit bag
>>
The FOV is most off putting thing for me.
I expected to see shit on a 16:10 monitor yet Leon somehow takes up half the screen.
>>
>>315637902
FUCKING NORMIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>315636818
No.
That would be impossible to mod, that'd require reprogramming how the movement works, and that would change the game's balance.
This game is perfect as it is. The movement is miles ahead of first three REs already, it's comfy as fuck
>>
>>315636818
git gud
>>
Do people really not understand game design anymore or am I actually being a gullible idiot like normal.

The whole point is to make you take a stand, you choose the position from which to fire from, the enemies approach putting pressure on you to either continue to fight and try and kill them before they reach you or to turn and run in attempt to find a better position.

Its fight or flight made into a mechanic, its pressure and tension and pacing and its what makes RE4 a fucking blast.

Stop. Breathe, think. GO.
>>
>>315638452

I'm not agreeing with the OP you faggot toad, I'm just trying to be more polite in telling him he's a shithead gayfag.
>>
>>315638249

http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/490123938426271276/

Go to the first reply, it has a link to a cheat table with an FoV mod.
>>
>>315638738
This is neo-/v/, anon. There are underage faggots here who had PS2 as their first console
>>
Some /k/fag enlighten me; how possible is it to actually move and accurately aim and fire all at the same time?

spraying and suppressing fire or whatever while moving makes perfect sense, but moving while shooting with pinpoint accuracy always felt super unrealistic to me in games. It's to the point where I prefer games where you're stationary while aiming, because to me you wouldn't hit shit if you could move
>>
>>315638895
Then they would've played this before, they're just shit at video games.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.