[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually have a legitimate reason for hating The Last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
Do people actually have a legitimate reason for hating The Last of Us or do people just hate it because it was well received
>>
It pushes the "story over gameplay" trend.
>>
>>315636016
I found it boring and the story was nothing
>>
>>315636016
lesbian pandering
mediocre gameplay
boring story
they're making more of these kinds of games instead of crash
>>
Grain of salt, because I haven't played it, but it seems like most of the criticism leveled at the game is based in the whole "Cinematic" trend where gameplay takes a backseat to pretty walking views and pseudo-cutscenes.

So basically if you didn't appreciate the cinematic end of it, it wasn't a particularly good game.
>>
>>315636016
it's a shit game
>>
>>315636016
The actual gameplay is pretty boring, the occasional fire fight and crappy stealth section. The story wasn't interesting enough to keep me going through that slogfest.
>>
>>315636207

Mediocre is how /v says "I can't find fault with it but I hate it because I need anonymous validation, am I cool yet guys? Guys?"
>>
>>315636016
>devs are SJWs
>>
>>315636649
Not really, mediocre means it isn't that good. Nothing highly enjoyable or completely terrible about it.
>>
>>315636649
You're kidding yourself if you think the gameplay of the Last of Us was anything above mediocre. It's so plain and boring.
>>
This is not a game, it is a movie
>>
>>315636016
>Uninteresting characters
>bullshit 1 hit kill mobs (I know it makes sense story wise but it's still fucking gay)
>gunplay feels boring
>So many cutscenes/scripted sequences
>Retarded AI

The world was at least nice to look at and the main theme was pretty good.
>>
>>315636016
It is really just one of those cases where someone is unimpressed by something mediocre but the mediocre something is still pushed as exemplary and receives every accolade.

I also used really fancy words to say that because I'm not sure how else to articulate it.
It's sort of like how Howard Stern shat on birdman for two weeks straight because it was a preachy wankfest with almost no concept of subtlety that stole best picture from Whiplash.
>>
I liked when you had to move the ladder and when you had to move the pallet in the water.
>>
>>315636016

The AI is atrocious, clickers don't actually use echolocation like they explain in the game, the story has been done a million times and is pretty much cobbled together from pieces of zombie flicks. The gameplay is pretty good when it does work, but the experience of the game in its entirety feels like a journey and is quite memorable.

It's okay. It's worth playing. I think the game would have benefited a lot if it were delayed to become a PS4 launch title.
>>
>>315636016
cause they've never played it. :)
bitches will be bitchin'
>>
>>315636016
>or do people just hate it because it was well received
this is /v/ after all
>>
>>315636016
I was disappointed at the ending. Literally replayed the last section assuming there was a better ending but no you have to murder everyone no matter what.

I wanted to let them have Elie, I thought it would make more sense for Joel to 'let go' of his guilt about his daughter and stop treating Elie like a replacement for her, and allow them to create a cure from her brain

instead i got joel pointlessly slaughtering the last handful of people actually trying to do something good for humanity, and "I guess we really are THE LAST OF US(TM)"
>>
Movie game with SJW pandering, such a wonder that /v/ doesn't like it.
>>
>>315636016
Its just an okay game trying to pass as BEST GAYM EVUR
>>
>>315636016
Tbh I don't understand the appeal of these story-driven, linear, singler-player, action games.

>Gameplay is usually sub-par
>Story might be good for a videa, but is shit compared to what other mediums can do
>Story is completely linear, no reason for this to be an interactive experience
>Should have just made a movie

Why waste your time with these?
>>
>>315636016
It was alright.

There wasn't really a whole lot of game to it though. And I don't really like MUH STORY games all too much since I like gameplay.
>>
It was okay but the fact that it was pushed as
>GAME OF THE YEAR, ALL YEARS, FOR ETERNITY AND BEYOND
made people hate it.
>>
>>315636016
/v/ hates everything except souls and BB.
>>
File: images.jpg (101 KB, 719x555) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
101 KB, 719x555
>>315636207
>they're making more of these kinds of games instead of crash

They don't even own the rights to Crash anymore, retard. Same deal with Spyro and Insomniac.
>>
>>315641352
>games should only have gameplay and no story

Stick to tetris then.
>>
A mediocre PS3 exclusive with good gameplay, awful stealth, unbearable characters and loli companion which tugged at the heartstrings of every lonely faggot this game was aimed at and rounded off with good multiplayer. Awarded dozens of 10/10s because Sony paid everyone off, unseating Ocarina of Time which was actually a revolutionary game compared to this ilk
>>
>>315636016
Like Bioshock Infinite it suffers from overhype and not delivering. But I had more enjoyment playing and finishing Last of Us than infinite.
>>
>>315641945
>Awarded dozens of 10/10s because Sony paid everyone off

If you're this delusional then you really should take time off from /v/ because you become a complete social wreck.
>>
>>315642064
I may be delusional but it's better than being naive which is what you are
>>
>>315641936
You Misunderstood my post. Dont have a problem with games with story, they can be great, especially if the story is interactive. Thats the point of the medium. But what is the point of playing a game where the story is the focus, gameplay is boring, and the story is linear.

Its a video game, so the story is not going to be great. Why even bother?
>>
File: Capture.png (128 KB, 682x691) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
128 KB, 682x691
>>315642210
>I may be delusional but it's better than being naive which is what you are

I'm naive because I don't think Sony went out and paid off pretty much every single reviewer on the planet? Obviously including normal players as well since htey obviously can't like the game?

Funny.
>>
>>315636016
It took them nine panels to make the exact same joke Penny Arcade did in three.
>>
>>315642356
Because the story can give context to gameplay and make you care more about the stuff you're doing. It doesn't have to be interactive.

Story in games are like music, it enhances the experience if it's good and used well (and as with music it can do this without being interactive).
>>
>>315636016
It was Uncharted with zombies and crafting.
>>
They loaded the game with busywork that isn't fun or interesting.

Picking up a ladder and walking it down a hallway to go up a floor is not fun, it's boring busywork.

Pulling a cord to start a generator is not fun, it's boring busywork.

Walking behind an NPC as they exposition the story is not fun, it's boring busywork.
>>
>>315642523
>posts an image from metacritic, one of the biggest hugboxes which have literally caused an inflation of paid reviews
funny, indeed
>>
I thought the gameplay was pretty fun
Multiplayer was really good at times
Story was eh
Some great characters

Not as good as advertised but not as bad as /v/ says, which is the case with every game really.
>>
File: Capture2.png (110 KB, 656x800) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
110 KB, 656x800
>>315642959
So you're saying that Sony paid off every single reviewer and gamer twice?
Am I understanding you correctly?

You're 100% delusional. You don't even have any proof to back up your baseless claims with.

I'm sorry but unlike you I'm a realist and I question everything, especially when there are no facts to support stuff like delusional claims from mad juveniles.
>>
>>315643294
>So you're saying that Sony paid off every single reviewer and gamer twice?
No, obviously they were only paid off once but wanted to maintain credibility so they kept the score the same for the PS4 version.
>>
>>315643531
Yeah obviously
>>
>>315642732
Exactly. So what you are saying is, story is there to enhance the gameplay. So why the fuck isn't gameplay the focus?
>>
>>315636214
this tbqh, it doesn't hold up on subsequent playthroughs because the gameplay is shit
>>
>>315642732
I guess I should try to elaborate more on what I am trying to say. The kind of games I am referring to are games like The Last of Us. Uncharted. and the Order 1886. Games where the story is the main reason you play the game. The gameplay in all these types of games is mediocre. The stories might be good by video game standards, but pale in comparison to what has been done in Film and Literature.

Since the Story is linear, and the gameplay is nothing special, what is the point of these stories being presented in a interactive medium? If someone thought this story was worth telling, they should have just made a movie. There is no point in it being a video game.
>>
>>315643714
>So why the fuck isn't gameplay the focus?

Except it is.
Or are you amongst the idiots that think that Uncharted is riddled with cutscenes that eat up as much (or on par) playtime as the gameplay?
The entire point of that series was to let players play the narrative and that is why most of the dialogue happens when you play and why you get to control things that would otherwise have been cutscenes in other games (like for example the car chase scene in 2 when you jump between trucks and shit).

All this does is convince me that the people that shit talk the games haven't played them.
>>
>>315636016
>Garbage AI
>Game rewards you for wasting resources
>plagued with inconsistencies (clickers, Ghost sniper)
>>
>>315644125
>Games where the story is the main reason you play the game. The gameplay in all these types of games is mediocre

Both of these things are wrong (if we disregard The Order, since that game is underwhelming in every regard apart from graphics).

>The stories might be good by video game standards, but pale in comparison to what has been done in Film and Literature.

This is an ignorant and stupid argument I'm too tired to correct for the 154th time. For all media the one thing that matters most is the writer(s). Said writers can write scripts for movies/game or write novels. Books can more easily tell longer stories, but that's it. A story isn't better simply because it's longer.

But I see no reason to waste more time on you, you're entirely convinced that both the gameplay and story is mediocre. You're not looking to be convinced so this isn't even a discussion.
>>
File: Aah47tb.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
Aah47tb.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>315636207
>lesbian pandering
>>
>>315644427
But uncharted has really below average gameplay in its self. I didn't know you can make a tomb raider clone that boring.
>>
It's a decent game for the most part, but that's as far as it gets. 7/10 at best.
Also the "stealth" is bullshit and Ellie kills any immersion you can manage to find because fuck that little piece of shit.
You're hiding from the clickers? Nah, let me run around because I'm invisible. Immersion ruined.
She got likable during the second half of the game, but only in the cutscenes and slow "gameplay" walking moments. But during the gameplay she's just useless and annoying.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.