[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the FUCK are you supposed to kill the hush with the lost???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: the lost.png (2 KB, 140x175) Image search: [Google]
the lost.png
2 KB, 140x175
how the FUCK are you supposed to kill the hush with the lost???
>>
Don't get hit.
>>
>>315633407
Isaac's Heart + Breath of Life
Please for the love of God don't let Edmund know
>>
>>315633407
Get 3 orbitals and become immune to bullets.

This is Edmund's idea of difficulty now.
>>
>>315633407
Hush is pretty easy, he doesn't have bullshit un-telegraphed speed of light moves that have large hitboxes..
>>
>>315634219
Is there some trick to dodging his black transcendence shots/ beams of light? I can dodge it if it's coming from only one direction but I'm not sure how you'd go through the entire fight without being hit unless you cheese it with gnawed leaf+Daddy Long legs
>>
>>315633407
1.Get stop watch
2.Get damage items
3.???
4.Profit
>>
>>315634598
Which ability do you mean? The purple and black shots that go the entire width of the room or the two tornadoes from his eyes?
>>
>>315633407
gnawed leaf + daddy long legs
reroll until you get that combo and you WILL win
>>
>>315634810
Both, the tornados I've had spawn in such a way that without sonic speed it's undodgeable and the purple and black shots demand an unreasonable amount of reflexes to dodge when they're coming from two directions.
>>
>>315634598
the black shots dont cover the enter room

often the walls are safe
>>
>>315633407

By hitting esc when you're hit, killing the process in task manager, and trying again until you get it
>>
>>315635269
lol babby casuile
>>
>>315635082
Run in a large circle for the tornadoes (like Blighted Ovum boss fight), don't step on their watery goop, it slows you and is slippery as well. Spawns can be retarded aye (I've had one spawn either side of me).

For the purple and black shots, you can stand directly in a corner (saw it on a stream), or if you find a safe spot among them- stand still. The shots seem to stay in fixed lines and there are safe rows/columns between them. When the second wave comes you might have to find a new safe spot (shots go from vertical to horizontal or vice versa).
>>
>>315635412
He has a point though. If the whole game is a cheese-off and your only chance against The Hush is having a godly combo placed in your lap, I don't really see any harm in savescumming. Beating him won't show anyone how skilled you are, just how lucky.
>>
>>315635608
You have a d4. All you need to win is two items. I've d4 rolled into daddy/leaf, it's not hard.
>>
>>315635412

>implying I'm going to waste any more time resetting for items like the holy mantle for completion like I had to for MeatBoy

Nah
>>
>>315635691
Exactly my point
>>
>>315634872
what is the chance of that combo
>>
>>315635757
>>315635780
It's two items, you can reroll every six rooms. Don't be such a baby.
>>
>>315635871
That's what I'm saying. It's just random chance. There's no skill in winning The Lost. Every single time I've done it all I did was sit around, refreshing until I got 9 lives, stopwatch or holy mantle. There is no worse feeling in the game than losing a good Lost run to a brain fart or having a monster spawn on you. I wouldn't fake the death thing, but that's mostly because my computer's fucked up to the point where even though the game runs fine, it takes about half an hour top open when I try, so it'd more likely just cost me time.

Savescumming a Lost run that isn't a daily challenge is just fine.
>>
>Doing Onan's streak challenge (shots that hit the wall/floor deal you a half heart of damage)
>Pick up cricket's body
>The shots that split off activate the damage

MCMILLUN
>>
>>315633407
Chaos card works on Hush. Be sure to use it on phase two and not at the beginning.
>>
>>315636110
I won as the Lost vs ??? with just Holy Mantle and nothing else worth mentioning. Average damage tears, maybe 6-7 bars on the stat screen, one cube orbital, and Rotten Baby.
In fact I won all of my Lost runs with Holy Mantle and an otherwise average build. Only got Stop Watch on boss rush.

You can win if you're skilled as long as the game doesn't put you in an octogurdy / quadcage room.
>>
>>315636320
>Get Triple Shot
>"Fuck yeah extra damage!"
>Die immediately after killing a fly
>>
>>315636110

Even if it's a daily run I don't see the problem considering people are already hacking to get number 1 and there's no way you're going to place legitimately, but considering you're testing yourself and there are no unlocks for it, there's no point in scumming
>>
>>315636110
There's very little actual skill to Isaac, period. Any run can be cheesed, any run can be fucked over by bad RNG.
>>
>>315636320
Piercing tears make every shot hurt you. Despite the lack of warning on terrible synergies during this challenge, it was one of the good ones, as it makes you consider and aspect you (or at least I) had not thought of before - Accuracy. This challenge is a nice prelude to picking up the Dead Eye item.
>>
>>315636451

>tall rooms with double bloats
>getting shot from off screen as you enter the door

Fuck the chest
>>
>>315636320
>>315636521

I can top you both.

>Glass Cannon
>Awesome, I heard this is an OP item
>Fire once, immediately drop to half a red heart from ~6 heart containers
>Think to myself "Well, fuck at least the bullets going to hit"
>Cause the item gives Bullet Penetration on it's shot, it passes through and hits the ground. I die instantly.

Thanks Tyrone.
>>
Eternal mode in vanilla Isaac is harder than literally anything in Rebirth. Any of you fags Eternal Gods?
>>
File: eternal god.png (325 KB, 1015x772) Image search: [Google]
eternal god.png
325 KB, 1015x772
>>315637093
>Launch game

>Suffer through edgy-as-fuck intro

>Quit before starting

>Years later

>Decide to give it a second chance

>Gameplay is mediocre

>Dev thinks a couple of notes between floors is a substitute for a proper soundtrack

>Even worse, it is full of memespouting garbage.

>Edge is considered an acceptable substitute for quality of gameplay.

>Procedural generation a crutch to avoid proper game design.

>Procedural gameplay also a crutch to avoid game balance, as some items are fucking useless while others are amazing, and they are given in no particular order and with little if any accounting for their relative value.

>As a result of the above, the only good characters to play are the ones who take pains to mitigate bad RNG (Isaac post-dice unlock, Cain with his lucky foot.)

>Literal invincible combos available, anyone can beat it if they're willing to die until they get one.

>Additionally, keys and bombs are resources you typically drown in or have almost none of; resource management is typically a joke.

>Story panders to neckbeards who are angry mommy took them to Church. Read Edmund's April Fools post if you think he isn't fedora tier.

>Game experiences drastic slowdown on a laptop with an i5, 16 GB ram, and SSD installation, despite looking like a flash game from over a decade ago.

>Power-ups have no proper game balance and often help or hinder each other in retardedly drastic ways.

>Best power-ups are often only best because of bug abuse (e.g. tapping while firing brimstone) while others are stupidly anti-player (devil deals with eternal/soul hearts left killing the player)

>Angel/Devil Room Mechanics are based on game session rather than run, need to quit and relaunch the game to have a decent/any chance of seeing them.

>Last version of base game is glitched, achievements are messed up and Edmund has made no effort to patch them.

How can anyone possibly call this game good, let alone pay for it a second time?
>>
>>315637093
I went back to vanilla and obtained the achievement two days prior to Afterbirth.
I really like old Isaac. It is so fast and loose. The game does not even try to obey its own rules; Everything seems to behave however it feels like.
Eternal mode was never meant to be balanced in the first place, from what I heard when it came out. It is not too difficult to complete, even with Blue Baby, all you require is an item or two that generate health. Health above twelve heart containers no longer goes off-screen which is quite nice. I had fun going back to vanilla to complete it, but there is no guarantee you'll enjoy the experience. It is an achievement you get mostly for bragging rights.
>>
That feel when Further in Isaac on 3DS than PC version
>>
File: isaac.png (294 KB, 833x833) Image search: [Google]
isaac.png
294 KB, 833x833
>>315637635
>Launch game

>Quit before starting

>Years later

>Gameplay is mediocre

>Dev thinks a couple of notes between floors is a substitute for a proper soundtrack

>Procedural gameplay also a crutch to avoid game balance, as some items are fucking useless while others are amazing, and they are given in no particular order and with little if any accounting for their relative value.

>As a result of the above, the only good characters to play are the ones who take pains to mitigate bad RNG (Isaac post-dice unlock, Cain with his lucky foot.)

>Literal invincible combos available, anyone can beat it if they're willing to die until they get one.

>Additionally, keys and bombs are resources you typically drown in or have almost none of; resource management is typically a joke.

>Story panders to neckbeards who are angry mommy took them to Church. Read Edmund's April Fools post if you think he isn't fedora tier.

>Game experiences drastic slowdown on a laptop with an i5, 16 GB ram, and SSD installation, despite looking like a flash game from over a decade ago.

>Power-ups have no proper game balance and often help or hinder each other in retardedly drastic ways.

>Best power-ups are often only best because of bug abuse (e.g. tapping while firing brimstone) while others are stupidly anti-player (devil deals with eternal/soul hearts left killing the player)

>Angel/Devil Room Mechanics are based on game session rather than run, need to quit and relaunch the game to have a decent/any chance of seeing them.

>Last version of base game is glitched, achievements are messed up and Edmund has made no effort to patch them.

How can anyone possibly call this game good, let alone pay for it a second time?
>>
File: greed.png (153 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
greed.png
153 KB, 1000x1000
>>315637640
I 100%'d Eternal mode day 1, I was just wondering if anyone else did. Congrats on your 'chieve though.
>>
>>315637727
>>315637635
excellent memes
>>
File: beggars.png (20 KB, 250x123) Image search: [Google]
beggars.png
20 KB, 250x123
>>315638028
>Launch game

>Quit before starting

>Years later

>Gameplay is mediocre

>>
>>315638131
>>315637727
>>315637635
You'd think an autist like you would be fine with an RNG min-maxing simulator, considering how many times you repeated yourself for attention.
>>
>>315633407
Chaos card m8.
>>
>>315639350

Fun fact: If you throw chaos card from below the Hush's first form, it will kill the first form and then the second form as soon as it spawns.
>>
File: Eric_Harris.jpg (25 KB, 211x289) Image search: [Google]
Eric_Harris.jpg
25 KB, 211x289
>>315639350
>Lost run
>Blank Card and Chaos Card
>mfw
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.