[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If games with female protagonists continue to flop in terms of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 20
File: art-of-remember-me-hc[1].jpg (113 KB, 575x766) Image search: [Google]
art-of-remember-me-hc[1].jpg
113 KB, 575x766
If games with female protagonists continue to flop in terms of sales, who wins at the end?
Sales or activists?

Even AC:Syndicate flopped sales-wise, but Ubisoft blames a different game for it.
>>
hey

stop talking about that stuff
>>
>>315632134
what game do they blame?
>>
Linux's GNOME is facing bankruptcy because they put all their funds in a female initiative, but instead of shutting it down now that they've stopped non-essential payments, they continue running it

But in the end without sales they will die out, so even if activists "win", the companies themselves will shut down
>>
>>315632134
Nice b8. Remember me didn't suck because of a female protagonist, it sucked because it had shitty combat, tons of plot holes, and was 4 hours long.
>>
>>315632326
They blame Unity for the terrible sales of Syndicate, a game that was advertised as the first Assassin's Creed title to feature a female protagonist and a transexual
>>
File: 32432221.png (594 KB, 1280x580) Image search: [Google]
32432221.png
594 KB, 1280x580
>who wins at the end?

Feminists of course
>>
>>315632401
The only good thing about the game was the art direction of some locations
>>
Remember Me, such a great concept; such flawed execution.

btw since when did Syndicate flop? I thought AC was the cashcow that kept on giving.
>>
>>315632545
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-05-assassins-creed-syndicate-sales-clearly-impacted-by-unity

>a noticeable dip in franchise sales year-on-year.
>>
>>315632469
I had already decided I didn't want the game after they revealed it would be set in Victorian London. There's nothing fresh or interesting about that setting.
>>
>remember me

No..
>>
>>315632134
tried this game
>boring combat
>le evil corparations
>muh poor people
>boring platforming
>boring setting
>unrealistic things like why everyone has stupid vulnerable hologram behind their heads
The only cool parts were changing peoples memories
I thought jim sterling was honest about this game.
And seriously if anyone makes another near future evil corparation drama. (deus ex, syndicate(new one), etc.)
>>
>>315632914
ebin :^)
>>
>>315632632
>people starting to learn
Is this for real? Is there really hope for humanity after all?
>>
If you make a shit game it doesn't matter what gender the MC is, shit is shit.

Since the majority of core gamers are male it's easier to market a shit game to that demographic.

In the end activists always win since they only care about shit that forwards their agenda. If a good game is ever made with a female MC the activists will latch on to it and say "look, female MC's can make a game good!" while ignoring all the other shit games with female MCs.
>>
File: 1397120528576.png (69 KB, 186x283) Image search: [Google]
1397120528576.png
69 KB, 186x283
>>315633187
Um, we wouldn't get this far is we weren't sane as a species anon

Don't lose your faith in humanity, most people out there are decent folks and have nothing to do with the extremists on the internet
>>
>>315632469
They're probably right.
>>
>>315632134

What if they just made a good game with a female protag for once?

>tomb raider
Assassins creed tier one button bullshit
No building momentum for platforming, game plays itself
>remember me
Choppy as fuck, bland and boring gameplay
>AC syndicate
Its the yearly cod for gurl gamurs XD
>>
File: AC4BFSP 2013-12-07 23-07-44-99.jpg (604 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
AC4BFSP 2013-12-07 23-07-44-99.jpg
604 KB, 1680x1050
>>315634205
Except Assassin's Creed 3 was a total disaster and widely regarded as the worst AC game in the series (with a 6-7 hour boring tutorial on top of it) and when Black Flag came out after it, it sold like 13 million.

Many video games have their sales affected by the previous game in the series, but Assassin's Creed is clearly not one of them.
Though to be honest Black Flag was a gem in the series
>>
>>315634457
>What if they just made a good game with a female protag for once?
It would still underperform compared to a game of similar quality with a male protag. Boys want to play with GI Joe, not GI Jane. Girls want to play with Malibu Dreamhouse Barbie, not Secret Agent Barbie. Deal with this truth.
>>
>>315634581
The one thing AC3 was praised for was the naval stuff, and AC4 was an entire game based on that. Not to mention it had the gimmick of pirates.

Syndicate just looks like Unity set in England instead of France.
>>
>>315632134
>Even AC:Syndicate flopped sales-wise, but Ubisoft blames a different game for it.
And you blame a female protagonist for it, instead of low expectations after unity, and ubisofts incompetence to alleviate these.
>>
>>315634457
>he's retarded enough to never have played the old Tomb Raiders

Angel of Darkness was THE. SHIT. and you are wrong if you think otherwise.
>>
>>315632134
why do you push this stupid threads?
activists? c'mon. remember me was a fair game with fair story.
was oni sjw game for you? or portal? or anyother games with female lead character? what is wrong with you? all main characters don't have to be a white male in mid 30's.
>>
>>315634678
>boys want to play with men
>girls want to play with women

Sounds like gay agenda shit to me, Granddad. I ain't down with that.
>>
File: fucking manlets.gif (2 MB, 400x181) Image search: [Google]
fucking manlets.gif
2 MB, 400x181
>>315634678
>Girls want to play with Malibu Dreamhouse Barbie, not Secret Agent Barbie.
It's funny but activists claim that's a cultural issue

Meanwhile countries like Bangladesh have proportionally more women studying STEM than in Western countries, where they are free to choose and they always choose something else.
>>
>>315632401
combat was not shit. it was the classic bamham combat and way longer than 4 hours.
>>
>>315635039
>was oni sjw game for you?

He never said it was SJW game, you apparently didn't read his post.

Also the cultural context has completely changed since then because SJWs have pushed identity politics so hard in the last years.
>>
>>315632469
Did they really advertise the game using a transexual character? Those retards still think that SJWS buy games?
>>
>>315632401
To be fair the combat is not really worse than Ban Ham City and that game got a tons of awards and praise from the normies.

The art direction and the soundtrack is great. Aiming higher and doing it better than some AAA games.

Frankly when nigress runs around the city thats exactly how I imagined a Resident Evil or Final Fantasy when I was young. A semi fixed camera game with great graphics and direction. Instead of the shit we got.
>>
Can anyone explain why they would not have liked Mario games if everything was the same but Mario was a chick?

It's really weird isn't it?

Or, let's take a more story-driven game with more protagonist chatter - ceteris paribus, why would anyone become less interested if the main character was female?

Is it because you want to pretend you're the cool soldier/warrior/hero/fighter, and you can't do that if the character does not have the right appearance?
>>
>>315635068
>where they are free to choose and they always choose something else

People in the West are fat and lazy anyway, there's a reason why most of the people in STEM related occupations are non-Westerners.
>>
>>315632503
I always love how they burn the bridge as soon as they pass it

First they demanded to get a podium to spew their shit, but as soon as their ideas got accepted anyone who didnt was backwards.
>>
>>315634457
Bayonetta
>>
>>315635415
If a chick or a brown person said that, /v/ would drown them in threats.
>>
The thing is, it really isn't the character's gender that affects sales. Nobody who is capable of breathing and thinking at the same time cares that much about what the main character is.

Really the deal is whether a game sounds good to somebody. If you can't pitch your game it doesn't matter if the protagonist has testicles or not.

Naturally, though, you'll have armchair activists claiming that it's because of some societal problem that only they know of instead of because a game just isn't that good. I'd say it's worse for a game to be mediocre than it is for one to just be fuck ass bad.
>>
>>315632469
>a game that was advertised as the first Assassin's Creed title to feature a female protagonist
we've already had two before syndicate though
>>
>>315635579
>muh boogeyman
>le threats meme

Go back to tumblr faggot. The whole "Americans are fat lazy" isn't anything new, regardless of who it comes from.
>>
>>315632134
>Combat too convoluted to appeal to normies
>Combat also doesn't allow for skilled players to do anything cool
>Spam dodge to not die

>b-but it only flopped because you're all SEXIST
>>
>>315632503
Um, why is she wrong? Male economic supremacy was basically enforced legally for centuries. My great-grandmother was not allowed to reach as high as my sister can now, and my grandmother also faced a much stronger and pervasive glass ceiling.
>>
The game could have been great. Tons of stuff was removed because CAPCOM are cunts.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>315635748
>Um

I can't tell if these posts are serious anymore.
>>
>product fails to sell/profit
>blame consumers

Literally not how capitalism works. Econ 101 for all of them!
>>
>>315635390
>It's really weird isn't it?

Is it? Personally I don't give a shit but most people will relate more to stories that feature the MC to be of their own gender. Not really surprising.
>>
>>315635828
OK, so your argument comes in the next post or something? This isn't Twitter, you have room to include that in your post too.

I posit: in the past, life was not meritocratic. Now it is more meritocratic, and now income inequality between the sexes is probably less a result of sexism, and more a result of other factors.

What do you posit?
>>
File: bioware mass effect.jpg (28 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
bioware mass effect.jpg
28 KB, 640x400
>>315635965
>econ 101
Capitalism is inherently evil and must be abolished so learning how it works is against the point!
>entitled modern game developer
>>
>>315632134

When the whole premise is "do it our way, or shut it down", it seems like feminists / sjw win either way. After all, the end goal is to destroy anything men enjoy that's not feminist / sjw approved.

The people that push these agendas and narratives do not care if the baby is cut in half, they just don't want you to have it.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (16 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
16 KB, 720x368
>>315635748
>um
dude seriously?
>>
>>315636020
>This isn't Twitter
yeah, it's a board where you discuss feminist issues
>>
>>315636085
>After all, the end goal is to destroy anything men enjoy that's not feminist / sjw approved.

Liiiiiike when anti-SJWs tried to give Gone Home bad user reviews because it had Haram content?
>>
>>315632134
Pretty sure Remember Me didn't fail because of the protag being a grill.
>>
>>315635748
Go change your tampon you stupid bitch.
>>
>>315635828
>t-the past is a lie constructed by femnazis!!!

You anti-SJW people are just as retarded as the SJW. Must be some kind of "gaze into the abyss" type shit going on.
>>
File: 81655.png (465 KB, 683x984) Image search: [Google]
81655.png
465 KB, 683x984
>>315635390
In the case of Mario it would affect directly the sales. While many adults enjoy a good Super Mario and certainly wouldnt care most of the sales comes from little boys and to play with a Barbie is a no no for them.

So no, it really isnt weird unless you are retarded.

In the case of story driven games.

>Women with moral drive, sacrificing themselves for other people, stoic, pragmatic, physically strong, good soldiers, honour

kek, that really kills the immersion for most people. There is a reason why males like certain movies (war epics for example) and women other type of movies (shitty comedy/romance ones). Because they not only lack the ability to appreciate those values (camaraderie, honour, sacrifice), they also lack those values.

So when I see a female protagonist character that acts nothing like a woman but actually has 100% male traits, then I think, this is a fucking man with a model swap. How low can this writers go to portray something that doesn't exist!
>>
File: feminism in a nutshell.png (45 KB, 559x334) Image search: [Google]
feminism in a nutshell.png
45 KB, 559x334
>>315636020
>and more a result of other factors
Other factors such as institutionalized sexism against men?

Governments treat men like second class citizens in their quest for "equality", even though it has already been achieved.
Women push myths like the wage gap, which have been extensively debunked even by the CBO, and politicians are happy to grab onto them for populist reasons to get votes.

In Britain, the government's insistence to unfairly assist girls over boys has resulted in poor, white males being the most underprivileged of all kids right now, according to Equality and Human Rights Commission.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34667100/poor-white-boys-get-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report

This isn't some natural result, governments are using all their power (derived through the legal use of force) to make it happen.
>>
>>315633187
Just wait for battlefront to come out and you'll see. It'll be hailed as the greatest shooter of blah blah blah, win countless awards and then there'll be ten more sequels alongside battlefield.
>>
File: 1646812257433.jpg (134 KB, 942x1081) Image search: [Google]
1646812257433.jpg
134 KB, 942x1081
>>315632134
>>315636238
Yeah I think it failed because it looked very mediocre and bland. Mirror's Edge did pretty well I think? With a female prot.
>>
>>315636220
>because it had Haram content?

you sure it wasn't because it was a terrible non game? it doesn't help that it was marketed as a spoopy escape the room type game and in actuality was a walking simulator about a meaningless gay relationship that had as much depth as the gameplay.
>>
>>315636381
>taking the bait
>>
>>315636416
Mirror's Edge sold poorly too, EA abandoned the sequel because it didn't achieve its sales targets.

But for a new franchise it had done well, EA simply set the target too high in my opinion.
>>
File: 1407720782264.gif (1 MB, 340x358) Image search: [Google]
1407720782264.gif
1 MB, 340x358
>>315636220

B8, trick question. Everyone knows Gone Home had no "content."
>>
>>315632134

I don't know but everything about that protagonist is hot, except for the egg on her head.
>>
>>315636416
Even Life is Strange, by the same dev who did Remember Me did very well and that had not 1 but 2 female MCs.
>>
>>315636498
I seem to remember almost no marketing around it and seeing it in bargain bins about a week after it had launched.
>>
Why are all female protags done wronf. Cant we have some fugly girl, that stands out for her skills?

Even males chars, it seems so bland
>>
>>315632134
Remember Me flopped because it was literally a corridor full of skyboxes you could never reach and wasted potential.

A good game with lots of content would not only not suffer from a female protagonist, but actually benefit from it. Specially one as beautiful as Nilin.
>>
>>315635713

Yes, that's part of the problem.
>>
>>315636349

>Because they not only lack the ability to appreciate those values (camaraderie, honour, sacrifice), they also lack those values.

Shame these subhuman shedevils have one vote, same as you. If they're so retardedly stupid, why are they beating you in so many areas? see: >>315636381

>>315636381
White men betrayed the left because they didn't think welfare and solidarity should be for women and non-whites. Ever since Reagan and Thatcher took office by manipulating Joe Sixpack with jingoism and bigotry, the power of working-class white men has been ANNIHILATED by globalism and neoliberalism.

That's what happens.
>>
There are a lot of good games with female protagonists that haven't flopped. Not like a character's gender will make it flop to begin with. If you want proof of this, all you need to know is publishers know their audience, if all their marketing research proved that was the truth for even a second, you can bet your ass they would fucking retcon even Faith or Lara Croft into a dude so they could sell 2 million more units.
>>
>>315636642
Why does a girl have to be ugly to be skilled though?
Feminists often push for this, as if a thin, attractive woman can't ever be successful in her career for reasons other than her looks.

It's almost like the "graphics vs gameplay" argument on /v/. Just because a game has bad graphics doesn't mean it has better gameplay or that the devs focused more on making it good (let alone getting results out of their efforts).
>>
File: 1442120195749.png (391 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
1442120195749.png
391 KB, 1024x887
>>315636020

That picture basically proves what most people with a brain know, and what most critics of feminism "posit".

Feminism isn't about equality of the sexes, it's about female empowerment up to the point of equality and beyond it. They get special privileges with affirmative action, by changing systems like education to work more in the favor of women, by subverting institutions to work more in women's favor, and constraining men by telling them everything they do is sexist, misogynistic, problematic, "toxic masculinity", makes them a rapist, which fucks them up.

A statement like this by a feminist proves this fact: that feminism since the 60s has never been about equality, and that even when they manage to get superiority, they claim that it's only "right" and "just" after all these "years of oppression". They're essentially saying that a system that favors women is a good thing, while they keep criticizing systems that they think favor men. If there is inequality that favors men, it's due to the patriarchy, if there's a inequaliy that favors women, it's "just how it is, and even deserved, and there are no social problems to consider. It's pure hypocrisy emblematic of feminism.

>>315636252
>You anti-SJW people are just as retarded as the SJW. Must be some kind of "gaze into the abyss" type shit going on.

Pic related.
>>
>>315636252
You're so fucking stupid
>>
File: fuckthisshit.jpg (11 KB, 251x226) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisshit.jpg
11 KB, 251x226
>tfw i would've paid full price for all the new lara croft games but the feminists made them get rid of her big hooters
>>
>>315636498
Ah I figured it did well due to all the marketing around it and the people I've talked to about it seem to enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>315635828
I had that issue, too. I also get the feeling a women or sjw has the need to protray in words that they thought with their head before posting, which isnt the case
>>
>>315636416
>Mirror's Edge did pretty well I think?

No, it didn't.

Well, I suppose it depends on your definition of "pretty well".

It sold a couple of million which is generally what the Tomb Raider games would sell for Eidos and they were happy with that but it wasn't enough for EA and 5 million was not enough of Tomb Raider for Square.

One of the publishers, I think it was Ubisoft because they tend to be pretty candid about this sort of stuff, said their market research has shown there is a large percentage of male gamers who just will not buy a game that has a female protagonist and that actual sales analysis supports this research.

I know we'd all like to believe that if you make a good game the sex of the protagonist won't matter but it just doesn't seem to be true. Even if the game does sell well with a female protagonist it probably would have sold even more if it had a male one.
>>
>>315636780
>White men betrayed the left
>Ever since Reagan and Thatcher took office
This makes no sense.
When Thatcher closed Britain's taxpayer-supported coalmines (that cost billions to keep running), the miners were being represented by a USSR-supporter who claimed Stalin was a god and the Gulags were a myth.
>>
>>315636824
>by changing systems like education to work more in the favor of women

I was a troublesome, attention-hogging smartass with an asperger diagnosis and me and my penis got maximum grades in elementary and high school

>by subverting institutions to work more in women's favor

This sounds like (gasp) *soft science*!!!!!

>and constraining men by telling them everything they do is sexist, misogynistic, problematic, "toxic masculinity", makes them a rapist, which fucks them up.

Yeah, I've seen no racism or misogyny here or at /tv/. None. Harassment of women or trans people? Originating from places where young men congregate? Unheard of.
>>
>>315636020
>blah blah blah shit that's not video games

FUCK OFF
>>
>>315636642
>Why are all female protags done wronf
we've been over this a billion times. you can't make a female character with any weaknesses or personality flaws because it will be sexist apparently. inversely if she doesn't have any flaws shes a cliche perfect woman or background decoration or something.

tl;dr - it's not that women can't be done right, they are all the time. it's that feminists can't be pleased because they just argue to get attention.
>>
>>315637189
>(gasp)
I hate you.
>>
>>315632469

Unity was absolutely fucking ass and I'm willing to bet my left nut it influenced Syndicate sales more than a playable female.

>>315634581

AC3 was shit on because the story was ass (CHARLES LEE) and everyone loved the ship combat. I remember alot of people wanting a game completely around that mechanic. And you know what ubisoft did? They made an entire game around that mechanic.

I would say its insane what happens when companies listen to consumers but realistically, they had AC4 in development when 3 was released and was using it to, excuse the pun, test the waters with how people would feel about the ship combat
>>
>>315637189
Fuck off Ghazi shill.
>>
File: skub.png (22 KB, 147x125) Image search: [Google]
skub.png
22 KB, 147x125
itt
>>
>>315637189
Holy shit stop replying to your own posts.
>>
File: 1418771731671.png (40 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1418771731671.png
40 KB, 630x630
>>315633896
Pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

The vast majority of the people aren't going to buy a game just because it has a protagonist whose gender matches their own.

If the game is good, it will sell. The problem is that companies are going "Well we have a female protagonist and that's in now, so it'll sell!" And they don't even put an effort into making the game fun to play.
>>
>>315637546
>being a skubfag
>>
>>315637731
>If the game is good, it will sell.

We all know this is not true. How many fucking great games have there been that have barely sold? How many awesome devs have gone out of business as a result?
>>
>>315636780
>why are they beating you in so many areas?
Im not politician so I dont get beat by those cheap human imitations.

Im an anon browsing an anime image board discussing videogames. So if a woman wants to "beat me" they will have to beat me either on videogames or anime (dunno how that last one would work). And I dont see that happen anytime soon.

Go win some mixed league videogame tournament and then come back to discuss videogames. Until then, women are second class citizens for vidya.
>>
>>315637731
A large part of the video game market doesn't buy its own games, other people buy them for them.

A mom going to the store to buy a game for her kids, or an uncle buying a game for his nephew, will always just go by the game's cover and pick something safe because everybody wants their little kiddo to be happy
Seeing a girl on the cover is probably a very unsafe choice

A friend recently wanted to buy a PS3 game for his newphew (who is like 8) and asked me for advice. I told him the safest choice to have a lot of fun would be GTA V, but only if his parents never found out. He ended up buying Diablo 3
>>
>>315637736
There's nothing wrong with liking Skub, it feels real good on my butthole. If you don't like it personally just shut up and let the rest of us enjoy it.
>>
File: 1403533482932.gif (892 KB, 392x269) Image search: [Google]
1403533482932.gif
892 KB, 392x269
>>315638039
>A friend recently wanted to buy a PS3 game for his newphew (who is like 8) and asked me for advice. I told him the safest choice to have a lot of fun would be GTA V
>>
>>315636780
>If they're so retardedly stupid,
Did I say stupid? Why are you twisting my words?

I said woman lack moral drive, sacrificing themselves for other people, stoic, pragmatic, physically strenght and honour.

None of that is related to stupidity or smartness. In fact it takes a clear kind of cunning to be vile.

So yeah, nice reading skills faggot/woman.
>>
>>315638164
What
I played GTA 2 when I was like 9 and had fun, and then I played all other GTAs as they came out

I ended up fine, apart from the 4chan thing. I haven't killed anyone yet
>>
>>315638039
>He ended up buying Diablo 3
>For PS3
I feel sorry for his newphew
>>
>>315635390
It's already been done, and yes it's a bit weird. And the franchise is still around.
>>
>>315637731
>If the game is good, it will sell. The problem is that companies are going "Well we have a female protagonist and that's in now, so it'll sell!" And they don't even put an effort into making the game fun to play.

Id venture to say quite the opposite. For all the talk of diversity and progress in the vidya industry those people at the top spots of the big companies are pretty much the same old business types you see in most entertainment industries and they still follow the same general guidelines as movie or TV studios do.

What im getting at is that they don't say "oh its a female MC that will sell that game on its own" but rather
>with a female MC that game will sell like shit, don't bother putting very much advertising or development money into it, waste of resources. Oh but did you see the new generic shooter in the pipeline? That looks like it hits all our major demographics, drop another few million on it

Of course there are exceptions, but overall this is not a new concept in hollywood and at this point its the standard in vidya as well.
>>
>>315636005
Do most people lack basic empathy? Shouldn't the gender and sex of the character be the least interesting thing about them if it is written properly?
>>
>>315632134
>If games with female protagonists continue to flop in terms of sales, who wins at the end?

We all lose. No more 3rd person games with that sweet booty.
>>
File: 1357587593135.jpg (50 KB, 380x299) Image search: [Google]
1357587593135.jpg
50 KB, 380x299
>>315632134
>tfw there were countless great games back then with female protags, such as Super Metroid, Urban Chaos, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, SH3, Beyond Good and Evil, Deathtrap Dungeon, Parasite Eve, Dino Crisis, etc
>Somehow, people still think women are not represented in videogaming

Only possible explanation i can think of is that people who bitch and whine about gaming not including women enough are those who barely care about videogames in the first place.
>>
>>315638610
sexual preference* too drunk to post, I'll stop.
>>
>>315637189
so much word and not real refutation, you must like the sound of your voice and masturbate infront of a mirror, aren't you
>>
>>315632134
Remember me failed because you had to pause and redo combos constantly and it completely broke game flow.
>>
>>315638610
For gender to fade into the background you absolutely need an extremely well written character. Obviously this should be the goal for all characters but the fact of the matter is most vidya writing is trash and self insert characters are everywhere, hence gender of characters matter more than most people would like it to.
>>
>>315638670
okami protag was like, an asian female dog or some shit. that hits all the diversity marks
>>
>>315632134
Nobody "wins".

They flop because the only people who push for female protags are activists, and activists continually demonstrate that they don't know the first fucking thing about making either a fun videogame or a shit videogame that's marketed well.
>>
>>315632134
Remember me flopping has nothing to do with the protagonist being a woman, Nilin is a perfectly fine character and she's qt it's just that the game was fucking boring shit.
>>
>>315632632
They blame it on unity but I think it's probably kids saving for Fallout 4 instead. They'll just get their yearly Ass Creed for Christmas
>>
>>315639000
Sorry but I'm not a pleb and can self insert into any character regardless of sex, as long as they are bland enough.
>>
>>315638670
Jill of the jungle, Drakan.

Also,
>Urban chaos
I r8 u my/nigga
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.