[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 3 is shit??????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 23523415123.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
23523415123.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
I finally got Witcher 3, been playing it for 20 hours and am pretty disillusioned by it. Can someone explain to me why is this game /v/ approved?

>MMO-like character developement with boring +5% damage passives etc. (maybe 1/6 of these talents actually do something interesting)
>exploration trivialized by map markers and made extremely linear by enemy leveling
>which brings us to another issue: leveling is completely MMO like, with higher levels enemies one-shotting you just because and you dealing next to no damage to them. Literally an MMO system. Why is it in a single player game?
>lifeless, static world which has you going from quest hub to quest hub. It's boring and empty. New Vegas's wasteland was 10x more alive than this pretty looking but completely pointless environment. NV was actually brimming with life compared to this.
>Combat is a clickfest on easier diffuculties and rollfest on harder ones. Either way it's not fun. Geralt is animation locked and unresponsive as hell, so just keep rolling and squirming in one or two attacks every few seconds. Christ, even Kingdoms of Amalur had better designed and implemented combat.

Core gameplay is simply put atrocious. How did this game get so popular? Witcher 1 shits on this single player MMO (DA:I style) with no effort whatsoever, its obvious completely different people worked on these games. Is it because main quest's writing and charaters are very good? Is it waifuism? These are the only two reasons I can think of as to why this game was so positievely recepted.
>>
>>315629375
most people boating about Witcher never played TW1, because "it's sooo outdated lol!" / "it's not on Xbox".

It's also a notable improvement from TW2.
>>
>>315629375
Agreed it sucked balls.
I assume if you're interested in the story you can appreciate it. It's the one redeeming quality of this game.
That's just not enough for me but if you're a fan of the books I guess it is
>>
>/v/ approved
>barely anyone spoke of it since it's been released
you seem to be confused, it was just the usual pre-release blind hype
>>
>>315629654
TW2 wasn't clunky as fuck,combat was actually fun also it wasn't made like an mmo which made it much better.
>>
>>315629654
>It's also a notable improvement from TW2.

Personally I think the focused approach of TW2 worked much better. Especially the first chapter - Flotsam - was a good experience. Combat was also more responsive and char development made a noticable difference.
>>
>>315629375
>>MMO-like character developement with boring +5% damage passives etc. (maybe 1/6 of these talents actually do something interesting)
Nobody praises the character progression. I always see it getting shit on everywhere.

>exploration trivialized by map markers
Turn it off, dingus. Not even gonna bother reading the rest of your post because it's most likely equally retarded like this part.
>>
>>315629798
/v/ has done nothing but shilling it hard these days
>>
>>315630520
Environment isn't designed to work without map markers. There are no indicators about most places whatsoever so that'd be like playing bethesda games without quest markers.
>>
>>315629828
>TW2 wasn't clunky as fuck,combat was actually fun
I completely and utterly disagree.
I fucking hate how TW2 plays. The UI system is fucking annoying too.

tl;dr: TW1 was the only good game in series.
>>
>>315630520
the games does nothing but run me around from point a to b and you're telling me to turn the map off and roam in the emptiness like an idiot?
>>
>>315630520
kek, you're one of these autistic dumbfucks who also tell people to run around naked and fight with fists if they find their game too easy, aren't you? Millenial gamers everyone, literally retards
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.