[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus Ex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Dxcover.jpg (125 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
Dxcover.jpg
125 KB, 362x450
I just played through the original Deus Ex game and found it highly enjoyable, are the other games in the franchise worth playing?
>>
Yeah. Human Revolution.
Stay far, far, far, far, far away from Invisible War.
>>
File: augmented.jpg (37 KB, 290x225) Image search: [Google]
augmented.jpg
37 KB, 290x225
>>315626438
Not wven as bad as the fall
>>
HR
also play VtM:B
>>
>>315626438
>>315626596
hm, thanks.
and VtMB? I've heard of it before; how similiar to DX is it, if at all?
>>
>>315626306
>Not playing it with the revision mod
Kek
>>
>>315626438
Invisible War really isn't that bad, it's just a terrible Deus Ex game.
>>
Not really. Never mind the redditors recommending HR, they don't know don't.
>>
>>315627026
VtM:B is trash.
It's nothing like Deus Ex. Anyone who claims otherwise is a fanboy.
>>315627065
>Invisible War really isn't that bad
I bet you like the first three Star Wars movies too.
>>
>>315626306
This game remains to this day easily the greatest game I have ever played, if only for the masterful story and frightening degree of relevance to what's going on in current events and trends.
>>
File: 1399216723080.jpg (958 KB, 1200x2268) Image search: [Google]
1399216723080.jpg
958 KB, 1200x2268
>>315627026
It's a great RPG that's almost as good as Deus Ex, I'll let you discover everything else on your own. Just don't forget to install Wesp's patch 9.4, the vanilla game is buggy
>>
>>315627058
why, what does it change?
>>
>>315627065
No. Invisible War really is that bad. It's not just a bad Deus Ex game, it's a really bad game in general.

The climax of when consoles fucked over PC games.
>>
>>315627026
there are similarities

VTMB feels more realistic in terms of the scale of objects and people etc, more "realistic" banter/dialogue and better ambiance

I started deus ex last year, then start vtmb, then went back to finish deus ex and shortly went back to vtmb and finished that, I kind of preferred VTMB actually. It has a surprisingly real feel to it.
>>
>>315627239
It revamps most of the textures by incorporating the new vision 1080p upscaling with a bunch of newly created assets it also expands some of the levels making them over twice as big. It also incorporates the biomod and shifter that gets rid of trash item pickups like cigarettes getting picked up by default.
Lastly it redesigns all the weapon models. You can toggle some things on and off so it's customizable too.>>315627276
>No. Invisible War really is that bad. It's not just a bad Deus Ex game, it's a really bad game in general.
>The climax of when consoles fucked over PC games.
Literally This. If you play IW you might as well play Xbone because it's what started console fps trash.
>>
>>315627227
>>315627387
interesting, I'll check it out when I can.

>>315627534
cool. I will give it a look if I ever play through the game again.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.