[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to play through Morrowind on PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: morrowind.jpg (868 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.jpg
868 KB, 1920x1080
What is the best way to play through Morrowind on PC?
>>
just launch uninstall.exe and follow the instructions

then play a game that isn't shit
>>
just play it?
if you want grafix overhaul is retard proof and has a bunch of options
>>
Pick a weapon type and stick to it. Five mudcrabs later you will hit every time.

Jump everywhere. This will raise your AGL, which will make your jumps higher and far...er. This will save you a lot of travel time.

Don't give a shit about the leveling system, it's too complicated to care.
>>
>>315624950
>>315625040
Yeah but what's the best way other than graphics?

Like what race, class, weapons? All magic? Fists only?

Should I play through as a vampire? Can I be a wearwolf?
>>
>>315625168
if you want to do any kind of combat heavy character you need to invest in whatever that will be heavily since everything is based on your stats
what you pick at the start is very important
>>
>>315625168
Like what race, class, weapons? All magic? Fists only?
Imperial is balanced. Redguard best for melee. A Nord is fine too. Play Dunmer for plot to make most sense.

Short blades are fast. Long blades do more damage. You can also have a shield, or a spear. All weapons are viable, but I wouldn't bother with bows.

Pure magic is viable, but more complicated. Prepare to carry potions around like a faggot.
>>
>>315625168
>Should I play through as a vampire? Can I be a wearwolf?
You can, but I did not find it very fun.
Same goes for warewolf.
>>
>>315625168
Do them all OP.

Play a character and have it set around a specific theme.
the assassin character, the thief, the Imperial who just wants to join the legion faction and help out the empire the mercenary warrior, the explorer, the mage. Keep playing until you realize you are done with the character.

As for mods i would get delayed dark brotherhood and the mod that fixes the rumor dialog.
>>
>>315625842
spoken like a true veteran
>>
>>315625168
vampire playthrough is fun.
>>
>>315624847
With MGSO
>>315625168
There's no one best way.

That's why Morrowind is good.

Try hand-to-hand build, for example. RIP ENEMIES IN HALF WITH YOUR BEAR HANDS
>>
>>315626006
but not for first playthrough, at least save it until you got literally everything else done first
>>
>>315625156
*futher
>>
>>315626483
Thanks.
>>
>>315625156
And also fatigue is important to hit reliably. If you're low on fatigue you should walk slowly to restore it (or just press t and wait 1 hour).

During combat it helps a lot to toggle walk mode (caps lock) so you don't lose fatigue by stepping back and forth
>>
>>315626649
>During combat it helps a lot to toggle walk mode (caps lock) so you don't lose fatigue by stepping back and forth
That would imply he'd be holding Shift the entire fight. Why would he hold Shift during the entire fight, bro?
>>
File: 1407191942478.jpg (495 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
1407191942478.jpg
495 KB, 1062x1062
>People recommending MGSO for someone playing for the first time

FUCK OFF

It ruins the aesthetic and adds a bunch of superfluous shit that no person playing for the first time needs.

Download the Morrowind Code Patch, and MGE XE. That's it.
>>
>>315626747
Err, no? It would imply that he was running by default like most people do.
>>
>>315626798
Running is not the default speed in Morrowind from what I remember, to be honest, bro.
>>
>>315624847
How does it run 1440p with all those mods?
>>
>>315626851
99% of people toggle it to be default so.......
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.