[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If by the end of 2015, Kojima has not come clean about the details
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14
File: kojima-main.jpg (152 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152 KB, 700x500
If by the end of 2015, Kojima has not come clean about the details surrounding MGSV and the tensions between him and Konami, will that mean that MGSV did in fact turn out exactly as he wanted?
>>
>>315623028
Konami is literally on suicide watch
The Pachinko market isn't that profitable and SEGA is the great leader

I think this whole situation is a mess and Kojima is guilty as Konami is
>>
>>315623028
He probably won't divulge it because Japs are very subtle about these matters and don't want things like this to blow up, that's why Konami is doing all that damage control, and why Kojima outright doesn't even speak about his thing with Konami.

Though now that Pachinko suddenly has flopped, and MGS is literally the only franchise that gives them money since PES is getting destroyed by FIFA, they will probably try to get him again to keep making MGS games.
What will Kojima do?
Dunno, he was pretty adamant about this being his last MGS, but then again, he said the same about all the other MGS games.
>>
>>315623213
there's still a lot of mystery about it. Supposedly Kojima would be free to talk about it some time in December, no?
>>
Guess what?

THE SINS NEVER DIES!
>>
>>315623028
the west is obsessed with rumors and gossip in the east people have grown up and don't care that much for it hence they don't talk about him leaving
>>
>>315623470
probably he made some kind of contract with blood and piss with Konami
Probably we will see a fake MGS6 and after 9 years the Legend will come back to life
Probably this is all a ruse

honestly I don't know, what kind of corporation acts like Konami????
>>
>>315623720
Japanese ones.
Their life is centered around work, thus the reputation of their company is one of the most important things there.
Then again, a lot of reports say that Konami started treating pretty bad Kojipro's employees.
>>
>>315623891
>Their life is centered around work
that is a meme

Japanese people don't really work that much, they just stay in office.
I can work 8 hrs straight and when I'm done I'm done, instead they sit on a chair

But even if you're right, why somebody should kill a division just to make Pachinko machines.
I mean it's not like Kojima will place a bomb and destroy all of them and Konami has to fire him in order to save itself and its new business.
Just make a new fucking division
>>
what's going on with Pachinko all of a sudden to make it a bad investment?
>>
>>315624160
Because they thought Pachinko would be enough to sustain themselves and though that MGSV was too expensive and not worth it.
Though they must have changed their opinion after getting twice the budget back in the matter of hours, and since Pachinko's benefits have dropped almost 50%.
>>
>>315624278
so why they hired Kiefer?
why they made that contract with SONY for the MGS movie?

Konami is really stupid at this point

Just fucking call back Kojima and let him make Snatcher II FFS!
>>
>>315624278
Wait, what happened? 50% less?
>>
>>315624385
They hired Kiefer because VA's with each sequel they get to be paid more.
David Hayter was in a fuckton of games, so by that time, he must have asked so much money, that they'd rather pay a bit more to get Kiefer and have the free advertisment that comes from having him.
>why they made that contract with SONY for the MGS movie?
I don't think they ever wanted to stop that.

>>315624464
According to their last report, the benefits have halved.
It's like suddenly all gooks got bored of gambling.
>>
>>315624196
A year or two ago, some government regulations on pachinko machine testing made it more expensive to put out new models or something. Smaller companies like SNK are getting out because only the big guys like Sega, Square Enix, Konami and Capcom can compete anymore, and the margins are smaller

>>315624278
contrary to popular belief, Konami never actually said they wanted to focus on pachinko, it's just a dumb meme here. They fucking said from the beginning that they weren't dropping video games, they know video games are more profitable than pachinko. Literally read their financial reports, their pachinko dvision has had garbage returns for years
>>
>>315623028
Clearly not. Clearly the game is rushed.
>>
I really hope he'll be able to talk about just what exactly happened during the developmen of Phantom Pain. Just looking at the game it's pretty clear that the development process must have been a hell of a mess. I reckon the behind the scenes stories are probably more enterteining than the game itself.
>>
>>315624567
ok Hayter probably wanted a lot but fucking Kiefer Sutherland?!
I mean..
it's an hollywood actor...
>It's like suddenly all gooks got bored of gambling.
SNK is out too, I think the main reason is that gambling was never that profitable. Less competition was healthy for the few manufacturers, exactly like the mobile market is a fad. Big money but that's because there is a poor competition
>>
>>315623028
The game was rushed, Kojima made some excuses, but everyone knows he wished he could have made the game ending up with building the actual Outer Heaven.
Having to build the actual fortress as post-game content would have been GOAT.

Also, if they had made a mission editor, we would have new missions by the truckload, and it would follow the whole ''Make your own legend'' thing Kojima said.
>>
>>315624882
Kiefer Sutherland isn't THAT big of an actor.
I mean, without 24 he would basically be completely unknown, he has made some movies, but everyone knows him as Jack Bauer.
Apprently, it costed 500k hiring him, plus he didn't have that many lines.
>>
File: 1445517174296.jpg (94 KB, 1639x922) Image search: [Google]
1445517174296.jpg
94 KB, 1639x922
>>315625004
>great voice
>fits the tone of the game
>neither better nor more iconic that Hayter

>few lines

this hurts. this whole game hurts. it won't stop hurting
>>
>>315625247
I do appreciate how he made Big Boss and Venom sound different.
Venom always sound more dragged and tired, while Big Boss speaks much more clearly.
>>
Why would he come clean with anything ?
The game was received amazingly well by reviewers and casuls alike.
Think he gives a fuck what extremists thinks ?
>>
No game creator is ever 100% happy with the released product. I think Kojima did a pretty fucking good job, to be honest.

>>315623213
>The Pachinko market isn't that profitable and SEGA is the great leader
Incorrect. The Pachinko market is incredibly profitable and it's only getting more profitable with time. Get ready for Konami to become three times richer when they manage to get actual gambling legalized in Japan which should happen in one or two years. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
what confuses me is that kojima was literally the vice president of konami, wouldnt that mean the only person with the authority to fire him would be the president himself? either kojima fucked the presidents wife or something, or this is all one big ruse
>>
>>315625004
>I mean, without 24 he would basically be completely unknown

Are you on fucking crack?
>>
>>315625247
>this hurts. this whole game hurts. it won't stop hurting

would you say it's a phantom pain?
>>
>>315625562
Meth, actually.
>>
When they made the face transplant, why did they give him a face full of scars?
>>
File: Big-Boss.jpg (43 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Big-Boss.jpg
43 KB, 1920x1080
>>315625569
>would you say it's a phantom pain?
no
We never had this game (or what it should have been) to begin with. So we didn't lose it. It's more like a real pain. a real shoot
>>
>>315625468
SNK recently pulled out of it because of pachinko declining. There's also worry about movements in the Japanese government trying to take it down.
>>
>>315623028
Why would he come clean? The only people who hated mgs5 are the true MGS fans and he clearly doesn't give a FUCK about those autists.
>>
>>315625468
>when they manage to get actual gambling legalized in Japan which should happen in one or two years
People have been saying this for years and yet they're no closer to legalising it than they were two years ago. The government reps literally haven't even proposed the bill that would allow them to vote on whether or not they should vote on legalising it

It's not fucking happening
>>
File: 1440848208893.jpg (36 KB, 592x394) Image search: [Google]
1440848208893.jpg
36 KB, 592x394
>>315623028
There's only one possible explanation...
>>
>>315625953
We'll see about that. Konami obviously has the Yakuza on their side. They'll have it done.
>>
File: 1446787580434.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446787580434.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>315625804
But we did have this game.
We had a different game told through trailers. Sure there always be *that guy* that comes and say "lol nerds are mad because trailers did not fit their head canon", and maybe they are right, maybe not. Thing is, we had a different game in the trailers. We were promised a story about deep revenge, about Big Boss becoming a demon. We had it, the hype was there.

Then, when the game was released, that illusion (or reality) of a game was replaced by the piece of shit that TPP was. So in a way, we lost it. And I do feel a phantom pain.
>>
File: geoff_kojima.png (422 KB, 582x475) Image search: [Google]
geoff_kojima.png
422 KB, 582x475
>>315626063
Geoff
I'm already a demon

meanwhile the real Kojima was on vacation
>>
>>315624567
>They hired Kiefer because VA's with each sequel they get to be paid more.
>David Hayter was in a fuckton of games, so by that time, he must have asked so much money,
Reminder that there isn't even a hint of proof for this.

Reminder that MGS is a japanese game and Hideo never gave a shit about Hayter in the first place.

Face it, they probably replaced Hayter just because they wanted a bigger name associated with the game and that's all.
>>
>>315626140
>>
>>315623028
I wan kojima to direct a 24 game
>>
>>315626140
Ground Zeroes was the real thing that gave me the phantom pain about TPP
>>
>>315625871
wrong, faggot.
the true mgs fans appreciated the game for its fantastic gameplay
now fuck off.
>>
File: kjlhkhghjkgf.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kjlhkhghjkgf.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
>>315626686
>>
>>315625349
I was never convinced with kiefer as venim and at the same time he sounds just right as big boss for the three lines he got. Kind of sad
>>
File: hideo.jpg (148 KB, 800x825) Image search: [Google]
hideo.jpg
148 KB, 800x825
>>
>>315629351
>>315626063
>that image

Fucking uncanny valley. Scares the shit out of me. What's it from, anyway?
>>
File: 1446819596432-1.jpg (250 KB, 800x825) Image search: [Google]
1446819596432-1.jpg
250 KB, 800x825
>>315629351
>>
>>315629952
AHHHHHH STOP

TELL ME WHAT THAT FUCKING THING IS ALREADY
>>
>>315629827
every heard of Poot Lovato? She's the Kojima to our Hideo. Rumour has it that this Kojima was behind MGSV and Hideo had to leave to protect his identity
>>
>>315630007
it's from a picture with geoff the pope
>>
>>315630184
>rumour has it

Does it? Or are you guys making shit up again? I've heard that MGSV was made by a ghost company headed by a fictitious person, but I just don't buy it.

>>315630197
I wanna see if I can find the original source.

It scares the living fuck out of me.
>>
>>315630365
>I wanna see if I can find the original source.
just literally fucking google kojima geoff
it's not that hard to fool La Li Lu Le Lo
>>
>>315626686
>the true mgs fans
you mean reddit
>>
>>315630559
Just did, lol.

I still can't get over how absolutely terrifying this is. It's almost undoubtedly another person. Even the corresponding photo on his twitter is completely different to the one geoff posted.
Fuck me.
>>
>>315630767
Sometimes people just don't look like themselves on photos. It happens, nothing sinister about it.
>>
>>315623028
Kojima is bound by contract not to discuss the reasons why he left Konami. If he does, he can be sued for libel.
>>
File: kojima_big_boss_allegorie_two.jpg (33 KB, 488x230) Image search: [Google]
kojima_big_boss_allegorie_two.jpg
33 KB, 488x230
>>315630971
it's all a ruse
>>
>>315623028
Do you think he fucked Joosten?
>>
File: (you).jpg (28 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
28 KB, 400x240
>>315631353
>>
>mgs fans in charge of not liking a shit franchise that was always cancer
>>
>>315631084
doesn't that contract expire in december?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.