[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krieg is one of the most fun classes I've ever played in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Krieg.jpg (467 KB, 857x1000) Image search: [Google]
Krieg.jpg
467 KB, 857x1000
Krieg is one of the most fun classes I've ever played in an RPG.

And he's from fucking memelands.
>>
>>315619068
thanks for sharing this with us
>>
>>315619068
>people shitting on a game because it has inside jokes that arent from here
>>
>>315619068
sharing this blogpost
>>
I'm happy that through Tales from the Borderlands and The Pre-Sequel, they've really dialed it back on the whole LOL SO RANDUM XD humor that came from the psychos spouting inane bullshit every two seconds.
>>
>>315619171
The writing is god awful though. Not even just the memes, listening to just about every character is akin to nails on a chalkboard apart from Roland, who's just monotone and boring.
>>
>>315621428
Mordecai wasn't bad.
And I actually liked Lilith before she went full bitch mode. Her being a chill ass hermit manipulating bandits through her Siren presence was neat. Her being awkward around Roland was cute too.
>>
>>315621883
Mordecai was alright, Lilith was tolerable, Brick was...
I'd prefer not to talk about Brick.
The OG vault hunters got bastardized in BL2. Roland was my boy in BL1; wise-cracking bad motherfucker that sounded like a grown-up Steve Urkel, but in 2, he's just gruff military dude.
Every other new character had a high pitched, grating voice. I actually just got done playing 2 for a bit because Mechromancer is fun and I turned the dialogue audio all the way down before I even got to Knuckledragger.
>>
>>315622203
Roland being turned into bland, generic hero guy was a shame.

Jack wouldn't shut up and a lot of his humor was fucking terrible.
Hammerlock was fine, I guess.
Tina made me want to kill myself.

The biggest problem for 2 was just the humor was really, really bad. Lots of really lowbrow humor, lots of humor where the punchline is VIOLENCE!, and lots of humor that's just a reference to something.

Tales from the Borderlands showed how you can use the inherently goofy world of Borderlands to put characters in situations that are conducive to actual funny things happening. I hope future games take a page out of Telltale's book.
>>
>>315622613
>lots of humor where the punchline is VIOLENCE!

You just listed the reason why Torgue's DLC is damn near unplayable for me.
>>
File: thythatyoubringmemyarrows.jpg (57 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
thythatyoubringmemyarrows.jpg
57 KB, 604x604
>>315622832
gear up your badassness
>>
>>315622832
This place really is full of faggots, isn't it
>>
>>315619328
Hey guys! Janey here! Did you know I have a girlfriend? That's right, I'm a LESBIAN! I kiss girls, but I'm also a girl! So progressive!
>>
>>315623149
MUSCLES! EXPLOSIONS! WHO NEEDS CHARACTER DEPTH WHEN YOU HAVE CAPS LOCK!?
>>
>>315623482
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_calling_the_kettle_black
>>
>>315623520
Playing through the pre-sequel right now. It is astounding how many characters are gay or bi, and I don't even feel like I'm far in the game.

>Athena
>Janey
>Janey's dead girlfriend
>Moxxi
>That quest girl who wants you to put up posters and burn other posters, along with her girlfriend she starts yammering about
>That one girl you save from bandits at a distress signal, she gives Janey her number
>Hammerlock
>Hammerlock's ex-boyfriend you complete the quest through

There is so much gay in this game.
>>
>>315623775
the classic Burch touch
>>
>>315623775
Diversity for the sake of diversity is how you wind up with a shallow character.

Volgin from MGS3 slayed mad boipussy, but that wasn't all there was to his character. He was a violent, sadistic psychopath with such a lust for violence and destruction, but he also happened to like man-gina. Compare that to any character in BL, where they'd just bring up their sexual orientation out of nowhere even though it wasn't related to anything going on and didn't add anything to the task at hand.
>>
>>315624041
Janey wouldn't be so bad if she didn't bring up the fact she likes girls like four times in five minutes. Maybe it's just because I was playing Athena.
>>
>>315622613
>I hope future games take a page out of Telltale's book.

I wish they would let them write Borderlands 3, but at this point everything would be better than the garbage writing of the second game. Fuck you Burch I would wish terrible things upon you but you did already a good job with that yourself you fucking spineless, talenteless moron.
>>
File: superdick.png (1 MB, 899x636) Image search: [Google]
superdick.png
1 MB, 899x636
>>315624769
> being this mad at a successful vidya writer
>>
Borderlands was the ugliest, most boring game I've ever played

I even started out playing with 3 other friends, it was just that fucking boring that I wanted to stop an hour and a half in, and never looked back

enjoy your season pass dlc games though, I guess...
>>
>>315621428
Roland was the only character that was complete cringe material. Tiny Tina was fine, just a stupid child, and how the bandits reacted to her was charming.
>>
>>315619171

No, The problem is that the jokes ARE from here.
4chan/ /v/ creates allot of shit they hate later on.
Look at how many e-celebs they hate but they themselves are the ones responsible for creating.
4chan / /v/ is responsible for creating the meme culture. /v/ created rage comics too.
>>
>>315619068

It really felt to me that Krieg and Gaige deserved to be in a much better game.
>>
>>315624887
>succesfull

gearbox already gave a kick in the nuts mate, just a matter of time before he has to start sucking dicks for money
>>
>>315624989
Tina spoke like a fucking Wigger more than half the time. She was by far the most cringe inducing in the game whenever she spoke as such.
>>
>>315624769
I wonder if Burch has heard of that song about him from this year's musical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZ-q6S5hpU
>>
>>315625337
You realise he's worked on every borderlands project since 2 right?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.